Easter Mayhem 2018 Results

My post was intended mainly to point out the rampant misconceptions regarding the naming/shaming rule.

I also resent your implication that your post might get moderated by me simply because of a difference in opinion.

Ouch! I really didn't imply at all.
I was simply hoping my reply was alright and that I didn't fall foul of any rules about conversations with mods. My assumption was that everything WAS ok, otherwise I wouldn't have posted. I just wanted to check!!!

Is there something in the water today? I'm beginning to think something in the stars is making innocent people look guilty today. Please feel free to readjust our posts to save people tension, or leave it on record, of course.

edit: yeah, thanks for the private comment wizz :)

I liked the event even so i couldnt do well this time, but i also had issues on my end with poor internet and playing on an old macbook, which certainly doesnt make things easy nor looting anything above 250pts...

However i enjoyed the event. Thanks for actually showing that people have been disqualified, and i am happy that not many have been, and none from high categories where things truly get competitive.

For future i would like to see more big pijnt drops, why does one 5k have to be the factor between winning and staying out of top10 with similar dps (and no im not complaining about stryker as he didnt even get 5k, but certainly more luckier than others).
I would love to see 60-80k points in the leaderbord instead of 10-15k (and biggest single drop being 5k).

If people feel so bad about nubs borrowing high end armors then please just ask MA to finally introduce armor level requirements and we are all good.

Also as Oleg mentioned and pre-event we asked ma to review category limits. Cat 10 is overpopulated. So dont be so surprised when u look at cat 9 results.

Me and vodka shooting best gear available in the cat 10 didnt even place. Which is fine ofc, we just were not lucky, however we do have to go against avatars 60-80 levels higher than us, while other categories have 10lvl difference in them. Surely mindark sees avg player levels for the active hunters?

Overall, good event!
Thanks MA.

/Soko

Is there any way of finding out how much points I collected in game?
i did Cat 2 annihilation and I'm pretty sure I landed on 7700 or 7300 something points when I hit the 20 hours mark.
Should have written down how much points I gathered =/

To anyone who believes all the accounts that were disqualified from Easter mayhem are only alts can blow me. I have been an active player since late 2013. EL data shows this. Also players who believe I would be only taking a small amount ped out of this game if I left can check my recent mining hits. 40k plus peds in the 1st 3 months of 2018.

I submitted a support claim immediately after reading on PCF that I was DQ’d, yet still no response. I understand it takes awhile to respond, but when people’s names and reputations are being tarnished this should be a priority.

I do take responsibility for pulling mobs off of the core at the end while still trying to kill previous waves, but this was only 2-3 waves at the end at best since I was only using a tier 6 lr-40, which is well below the max damage for cat 4 so my DPS could not keep up with the HP of the incoming mobs. MA’s post said defend the core not kill each wave before shooting the next wave. The only exploit MA talked about was pulling mobs away from the core and than excessively dying to block the core from new incoming waves. I died once during my best run, and that was right at the end when I was being swarmed. If I was DQ’d for pill stacking this was stated by MA as being fixed. I took an X2/candy cane pills for the 1st 20min and than once I could not keep up with incoming waves I took a combination of Easter egg, devastim, accustim, hyperstim and used medistim at the end to stay alive. I also did not relogg at any point before or after the run. I killed hundreds of mobs during my best run so low kill count also should not be the reason.

I really can’t wait to see the BS reason they give me.

Last edited:
Is there any way of finding out how much points I collected in game?
i did Cat 2 annihilation and I'm pretty sure I landed on 7700 or 7300 something points when I hit the 20 hours mark.
Should have written down how much points I gathered =/

Im not sure it's still there, but i had my points displayed on the mission window. Search on your missions for the Easter mayhem one.

Gratz to all winners!

The only exploit MA talked about was pulling mobs away from the core and than excessively dying to block the core from new incoming waves.

"Oh. We did there some bad coding. Let's DQ all people using their brain when playing this game.":wtg::wtg::wtg:

Sry. I know you didn't. But me! (not good enought to get DQ) :)

Yeah though questionable, the winners in Defence were all mostly just players with supremacy (pretty much the same set for all cats too) that could tank 50+ mobs while they kite the mob train for the last 10 minutes to win. Not much skill involved tbh. Gear won this 100%, skill did not matter. I was holding 3rd all week until the set started getting passed from account to account then it was futile.

I would love to see what collateral was placed for each of those trades, if any, if no collateral, and I was MA, I would start getting on multiple account use for the safety of my income. No sane person will lend that gear just willy nilly, unless they are confident that account is in their control.

I agree with the first half. Traded gear won it.

But the second half, although it seems logical, doesn't work.

I borrowed some of the best guns in game, over 200k in gear per trade sometimes, never gave collateral, and this was from people I never met in RL who live states away from me or in different countries. I am not an alt. I am trustworthy. I would hate to see people punished simply based on no collateral.

(I sometimes used that gear in events in the past, but haven't borrowed anything for events for the past 3 years or so because I don't bother because I know how much the events are allowed to be exploited and so they are not fun to me anymore.)

Anyhow I will be the first to vote for locking gear during events so this doesn't happen.

Bring back the red bananas, and quit this instanced event shit!

Gratz to all winners :)

I enjoyed this event, now it seems it's possible to compet :)

I used L armor and my Herman ASI TEN EDITION tier 9, 68 DPS Base against 98 DPS needed for cat 7.
I got 10521 point in Annihilation, so i'm not in top 10 but so close :D. I'm happy to be #7 in defense :D

Thanks MA, keep going, you are close to a fair event for who want invest some ped and want make some effort to be better in each event without needed to depot 500k ped :)

Anyhow I will be the first to vote for locking gear during events so this doesn't happen.

Bring back the red bananas, and quit this instanced event shit!

Doesn't even need locking, just give armour and guns a lvl requirement (armour is already meant to happen at some stage) that way you stop level 10s having massive armor. guns wouldn't change much but you won't see Cat 2 with Terminator or something alike

also why not prevent un-maxed guns to be used inside the instance?

also why not prevent un-maxed guns to be used inside the instance?

Whats the reasoning behind this? They already have DPS limitations...no need to restrict someone from using a tiered weapon that is unmaxed if they choose to waste peds....it still can't be used if its base DPS is too high.

As a good friend of Emberlove as well I want to see proof from MA, I too worked with her and would be hard to believe she cheated. Everyone knows her from my twitch stream, they know she is not an alt, that she would never cheat or abuse anything. MA better prove this or I will be finding a new game to play.

Why you should put pressure on MA tagging that you will find another game . Did you seen at the Olympics that any trainer/ sportive putting pressure on the referees saying if you don’t give me the gold medal I’ll find another sport to perform? It might be funny seeing one , just like here .:lolup: This is competition, just like Olympics, you perform referees/ MA give you votes/prizes. It’s no space to discuss why the vote was low or why somebody was DQ’ed. You don’t like the sport game , change it , for sure it will come more champions after you/others. We are 8 billion people on the globe / flat earth... some day will come one that invest , perform more than you .
Side note , have you ever seen on Olympics , a Usein Bolt competing with the guys from Paralympics? No and will never be . Than why should somebody with best gear in game should compeat with noobs with TT guns ?

Why you should put pressure on MA tagging that you will find another game?

Because if they can ban a noob as you called her with no proof what’s to stop them from doing the same to some of us with over 1m peds in this game? If she cheated I will be very disappointed in her and move on but if they fail to provide proof as to why she is banned from all future mayhem events I will reevaluate my investments in this game.

9 years has the various Mayhem been going now?

Always the same big fight when the results come out. ;)

It seems that every year someone gets butthurt over some issue or misdeed with these events....its why I stopped participating in them. No one has to participate, you are not required to participate, so if you dont like the results, DONT participate in the next one. I have enjoyed the game much more since I stopped doing these and I go along my merry way and do what I like doing ingame. If you do decide to participate in these events then go in knowing that things will happen that you may not like. I prefer to spend my ped wisely .

Because if they can ban a noob as you called her with no proof what’s to stop them from doing the same to some of us with over 1m peds in this game? If she cheated I will be very disappointed in her and move on but if they fail to provide proof as to why she is banned from all future mayhem events I will reevaluate my investments in this game.

Unfortunatly, the chances for someone that deposited 1M PED to be DQ or banned are extremly low...
I hope this will change.

Also if you don't plan to exploit in any way, there is no reason for you to be banned.

As a message for MA;

Please be sure that the rules, and what is considered an exploit and what is not, to be very clear before an event.
Because it looks like it was obvious for some peoples and not for others...

Anilihation is 75% randomness based. Some peoples complain this is too much random.
Defense is 75% DPS/Gear based (so basically "money" based). Some peoples complain about that.

IMO this is not so bad now, but still need few improvments.

MA, why not add a third part to the event ?

Something that would be "100% IRL skills" based would be nice.
A mix between Defense and BatSim for example, same HP amount, same weapon, no armor. :boxer:

For so many years the community asks to take measures and pay more attention to the participants since the community puts such a high value on the event prizes. Now that they finally have done something, the community starts flaming MAs actions and demand proof :laugh:

In no business, a decision to prevent a client from giving you money does not come easy. Since mistakes can be made, further discussions should take place on the appropriate channels between involved parties imo.

Do you remember those runs that Star made in Mayhems and left on Twitch for us noobs to learn from? Remember how he never wasted a fraction of a second between mobs? How far did we come that some of the event paticipants now complain they get DQd for going AFK for lunch during the event? :eyecrazy: THEY WERE JUST HUNGRY MA, y u o mean? :silly2:

GZ all winners and good job MA. The events are getting better!
Lower levels can participate and win! Except for the professional whiners and professional forum commentators

They have no obligation to provide proof to you or the forum, only to her via support case and shes welcome to post her interactions with support here which should clear her name if no wrongdoing is found/decision reversed. At the very least she can make support asking for proof and post there response which i assume she would be willing to do (unless she cheated and they show her proof obv)

MA, why not add a third part to the event ?

Something that would be "100% IRL skills" based would be nice.
A mix between Defense and BatSim for example, same HP amount, same weapon, no armor. :boxer:

You mentioned Batsim, you want another Batsim or what? Or should all be Batsim?
Batsim is (if ~700 a week in peize for top1) around 35k ped per year prize. Isn't that awesome? Almost free, no gear or hunting skills needed...

I doubt they did it with "no proof", or without reason. Something about her actions caused them to think she cheated. If MA used proper criteria or not is another story...

They have no obligation to provide proof to you or the forum, only to her via support case and shes welcome to post her interactions with support here which should clear her name if no wrongdoing is found/decision reversed. At the very least she can make support asking for proof and post there response which i assume she would be willing to do (unless she cheated and they show her proof obv)

She has, so far they told her they are waiting on the development team to explain why the participants were disbanded and will be back in touch with her as soon as possible.

So case support doesn’t even know why the participants were DQ yet

I doubt they did it with "no proof", or without reason. Something about her actions caused them to think she cheated. If MA used proper criteria or not is another story...

That’s all I’m asking for, if this happened to any of my other friends I would to want proof before they start tarnishing someone’s reputation. I’m not saying don’t disqualify the cheaters all I was saying is they should’ve put a little bit more information about how they cheated. Not exact details just what it is that they did that broke the rules

same HP amount, same weapon, no armor. :boxer:

no investment, no skills, no game knowledge, no preparation in advance, no grinding missions, no experience, no fun, no hands, no brain, no work just NO.If possible lets compete in another game.A game within a game with hopes to become a different game because we are tired of this game , kinda, eh?

I know very well! Cheaters will always be Cheaters!

It is a very solid fact that many in the Cat 10, especially the top winners simply kept restarting the event until they got a point count they wanted to run with. MA stated that was not an exploit since everyone could do it, fair enough, but its not about luck, it was about how many times someone wanted to restart until they could get what they wanted.

I personally think its smells like a skunk and is cheating, but that is my own opinion, which doesn't really matter much.

I chose not to compete except for a couple of hours to check it out, once I knew all the exploiters were in full force. Was just not worth it.

I hope there is some improvements before the next mayhem turns up. I am always disappointed that the cheaters will always be cheaters, and yet they win.

Gratz to the winners. It just belies common sense there were no cheaters in higher categories. But who knows.

In the next event Mindark should put a cap , cat 1 max dmg from mob is 5 , you cannot use supremacy armor inside of that instance . Simple , they made a cap for hp , dps , lvl , with armor should be simple .

Why should borrowed items should win every category? That means you have no preparation , no investment, no nothing , just 9 guys begging to the 10th player to give his gear... wow super

First update on my support case regarding my score not being counted (I completed 20 hours, had over 14k points, cat 5, did NOT abandon my mission at any point.)

2018-04-19 16:54 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi whatwouldjesusdo,

We are waiting to hear back from the dev team regarding your case.

We will update this support case once we have some info for you.

Regards,

Ida
Entropia Universe Support

Will post the following reply from support as well for those interested.

Why should borrowed items should win every category? That means you have no preparation , no investment, no nothing , just 9 guys begging to the 10th player to give his gear... wow super

well then buy the gear and then u can stop everyone from borrowing it.

Big gratz to all the winners! :wtg:

A short stand on DQs before getting to the point. I agree actions on cheaters are needed and welcome. I also agree cheating should be something specific and obvious use of exploits (not too few kills, idleing, or kiting when that aint mentioned as forbidden in the rules). I would be dead pissed if i got DQ:ed without intentially cheating and i would have been pissed if no action was taken when the word on exploits used were out. Naming cheaters are fine (wouldnt have been a secret in this case anyway), officially withdraw accusations if proven wrong necessary.

All that aside i really enjoyed this event. I didnt plan on competing at all, i just wanted to try my luck in loot and farm some boxes. First three hours or so i used low damage, few buffs and was just trying to decide if i considered the loot good enough to continue (not much mu in shrap but boxes was ok). When a 5k popped i decided to at least start putting some effort in.

Using LR-65s t0-4, eggs and mayhem amps, ghost armor. Basically stuff anyone can get i got 4th in Annihilation. Some dislike the element of luck but since i dont own competitve gear i welcome it. Id still loose almost always to someone geared up but thats fine. Invest and your chances of success should be better than mine, i like the fact that there is a possibility to win even with a smaller bankroll.

Defense i did two runs with pistol and no buffs to see what it was but i figured my ghost would make it impossible to get ranked position. At last day i noticed the times werent actually that big so i put on the (L) armor i had in storage (some mayhem for the reload) and brought pills. During the run i buffed all i could and used two medpills to survive before loosing by destruction. If I had the time to run it some more times i would prob been able to advance but most prob never win since i didnt have gear for it.

So for a player that isnt a heavy investor but still puts his share into the game this was the best event so far. Im fine with being underdog, i havent payed (in time or money) to be top dog. I just wanna know theres a chance.

Peace out

Back