Easter Mayhem 2018 Results

These are good steps (finally).

I like the naming and shaming.

I find it hilarious that people are quick to apologise for cheaters rather than accept MA's ruling.

I also find it hilarious that people are threatening to withdraw their peds because they got caught cheating. I mean... what do you have ingame, a grand total 2k ped?

For those of you who didn't bother playing, the defense stage you HAVE to kill about 10-20mobs a minute. It is possible for mobs to become stuck in terrain and blocked by eachother (even for the short time I played, mobs got stuck and unable to attack the point)

If people aren't prepared to play in the big leagues, chip out. I am actually considering this so I can be competitive in future (I'm level 8 with a low dps weapon). MA aren't even forcing you to chip out your hp anymore, so not sure what the issue is.

Anyway, this is the first real positive improvement for a while, and I hope to see more.

And yes on the end I was kiting mobs for good few minutes because my dps was not enough to kill them anymore and I was defending the unit as long as I could shooting mobs to take aggro on me and I was not DQ so stop telling a BS that someone was banned because he was kiting. There had to be something else.

I Agree, kiting towards the end is likely expected. most of the suspected reasons are just gossip and disinformation. spread enough disinformation and people don't know what to believe. if someone kited for 20 mins without a kill thats an issue. but wasn't ever mentioned in the rules

we do need an official response tho, and a change to waves completed, not time

why would MA give the reasons/ explanation for which players were DQ'd for on public forum? privately to players who got banned; yea, sure

WHAT COULD GO WRONG if they post every cheat/exploit on forum?? :scratch2:

hmmm i dont know... maybe "copy cats?"

you just want to give people ideas how to exploit??

you need more reasons??

Oh? So they would need to fix those finally? *Gasp!* Oh the horror of it, I can't imagine.
Or simpler said: every namely company who has the actual guts to reveal names has usually a very very solid reason at hand to do so, otherwise getting roasted. Well, let's see what happens here, MA has the guts - or in this case sadly stupidity - to reveal names, but they don't provide a solid reason.
Privat concerns after ruining their in-game reputation permanently? Great! Now the company has a way of simply weeding out anyone who doesn't fit into their schema, people just believe what they see, and since MA is sooo trustworthy and unfailing, we know that would never happen, right?
Come on, it's a blindfolded statement you made, being transparent is always superior to not being so, and MA is decisively non-transparent.

didn't even realize this many people played the game... where'd they all come from?

wow.. so disqualified people actualy take up a "PLACE"... lamest thing I ever heard of..

Oh? So they would need to fix those finally? *Gasp!* Oh the horror of it, I can't imagine.
Or simpler said: every namely company who has the actual guts to reveal names has usually a very very solid reason at hand to do so, otherwise getting roasted. Well, let's see what happens here, MA has the guts - or in this case sadly stupidity - to reveal names, but they don't provide a solid reason.
Privat concerns after ruining their in-game reputation permanently? Great! Now the company has a way of simply weeding out anyone who doesn't fit into their schema, people just believe what they see, and since MA is sooo trustworthy and unfailing, we know that would never happen, right?
Come on, it's a blindfolded statement you made, being transparent is always superior to not being so, and MA is decisively non-transparent.

lol, some people are just never happy.
First everybody complains that cheater go unpunished, now they punish cheater and you're all crying how bad it is the punish these cheaters this way :scratch2:

If I was an MA staff, I would simply quit my job over all this shit that some people just continuously keep spewing.
An impossible crowd to please here!

No matter what they do, they will always do it wrong.

Almost good job Mindark. Why not post the rewards for support cases too ?

didn't even realize this many people played the game... where'd they all come from?

wow.. so disqualified people actualy take up a "PLACE"... lamest thing I ever heard of..

maybe you should learn to count first before posting dumb comments:

Place - Avatar Name - Time - Prize(s)
DQ - Miss Elendoria Emberlove - 01:29:21 - Disqualified
1st - guan Gorg Tuas - 01:24:07 - 1 Placement Mayhem Token + 1500 Mayhem Tokens
2nd - Lex Luthor Live - 01:21:29 - 1 Placement Mayhem Token + 750 Mayhem Tokens
3rd - Justin Coldlogik Catlin - 01:20:28 - 1 Placement Mayhem Token + 375 Mayhem Tokens
DQ - Tal Taldarim darim - 01:12:42 - Disqualified
4th - Aklia TwoCookies Lia - 01:10:08 - 500 Mayhem Tokens
5th - DIM DIM Mercury - 01:01:43 - 375 Mayhem Tokens
DQ - Slark Oph Naix - 01:00:09 - Disqualified
6th - ledjaman theledja ras - 00:59:37 - 250 Mayhem Tokens
7th - Aida blue Eyes - 00:56:54 - 200 Mayhem Tokens
8th - Ade Adeziimnor Ziimnor - 00:56:13 - 150 Mayhem Tokens
9th - Silence IKill You - 00:56:10 - 100 Mayhem Tokens
10th - Dmitriy GORYCH Ramus - 00:48:06 - 50 Mayhem Tokens

I count 13 lines, but only 10 placements.
What exactly is the problem?

maybe you should learn to count first before posting dumb comments:

No worries. didn't really count em.. just glanced and made assumption

No worries. didn't really count em.. just glanced and made assumption

Lol, sorry for my harsh reaction. Had my "bitch" mode turned on :tongue2:

there came a point where my gun just stopped killing the mobs before new waves came.

This is is how it's a dps competition. The more dps (and range) you have the longer you can finish waves before new ones come. There's more irl skill involved but it's still largely gear and avatar skill.

...There's more irl skill involved but it's still largely gear and avatar skill.

Yes, and that makes it a nice combination.
Just irl skills isnt enough, nor just gear is enough.
You need both.

Isnt that lovely? ;)

This is is how it's a dps competition. The more dps (and range) you have the longer you can finish waves before new ones come. There's more irl skill involved but it's still largely gear and avatar skill.

Yeah though questionable, the winners in Defence were all mostly just players with supremacy (pretty much the same set for all cats too) that could tank 50+ mobs while they kite the mob train for the last 10 minutes to win. Not much skill involved tbh. Gear won this 100%, skill did not matter. I was holding 3rd all week until the set started getting passed from account to account then it was futile.

I would love to see what collateral was placed for each of those trades, if any, if no collateral, and I was MA, I would start getting on multiple account use for the safety of my income. No sane person will lend that gear just willy nilly, unless they are confident that account is in their control.

I thought of having the mobs only aggro the core, but that doesn't work either. The player doesn't need to do anything other than stand there and shoot, very little gear work, little skill as you don't need to do this kiting thing that everyone is going on about, and pretty much 0 need to aim as you just point your gun at the core and go afk. That doesn't work either. Whatever the solution is, it isn't what the current set up is.

Seeing as there are plenty of players who achieved top 10 times without abusing the AI, I don't understand what the debate is. It is clearly possible to do the event without running mobs in circles, aggroing them, knowing they are too stupid to refocus, running them out of range of revive and basically intentionally padding time while not taking anything down.

It is a valid strategy to defend, given the arena MA created. MA has created an event with too many loopholes and that is the start of the issue. Defending the core can mean a dozen different things. Not to mention the way the game is programmed allows players to do all of these things since the AI just isn't able to adapt. MA expected players to simply compete in the way they intended the competition to be run, regardless of this. That isn't going to happen. However, the issues were discussed long ago and MA stated that those found using the stated exploits would be DQed. They had already marked these strategies as exploits. It was a time for those players to confirm with MA or argue their position.

I thought of having the mobs only aggro the core, but that doesn't work either. The player doesn't need to do anything other than stand there and shoot, very little gear work, little skill as you don't need to do this kiting thing that everyone is going on about, and pretty much 0 need to aim as you just point your gun at the core and go afk. That doesn't work either. Whatever the solution is, it isn't what the current set up is.
... However, the issues were discussed long ago and MA stated that those found using the stated exploits would be DQed. They had already marked these strategies as exploits. It was a time for those players to confirm with MA or argue their position.

Well it depends on what the intention is: dps event, all gear relevant incl. armour and regen stuff, more player skills with kiting and shooting, etc. But ok, not a solution either.

I think not just weaps should be criteria, but armour (or armour banned as possible when using event system) and healing tools.
Along with chipping out the lower cats were hardly for genuinely newer players (without good friends and equipment).

On stated exploits: I don't recall much factual rule-based clarity in the announcements, just that 'checks' would be made this time.... which puts me even more on Granny's side about why risk taking part in the first place when things at least appear to be extremely fuzzy?

unexplained disqualifications are bullshit. release all data on the presumed cheaters or there is zero credibility in what you are doing, ma, as you could just be disqualifying people that you don't like for some reason (e.g. for what they said in chat or the forum, or them not depoing enough or whatever). without the slightest iota of transparency this is totally unacceptable. all the people here celebrating people getting banned obviously have no clue they might just be next themselves as there are NO VISIBLE STANDARDS to getting banned!

add to that that every mayhem has more bugs than the previous, that doesn't especially help your side. there would be no "cheating" if you just did your job right.

(btw I myself didn't get disqualified obv - but I might get now? lol)

loool well rules says 20 hours and thats 20 hours active hunting.

Show me where it says 20 hours active hunting. I know it says we need to spend 20 hours in there, but no where does it say you have to spend those 20 hours hunting, a minimum amount of kills or anything like that.

unexplained disqualifications are bullshit. release all data on the presumed cheaters or there is zero credibility in what you are doing, ma, as you could just be disqualifying people that you don't like for some reason (e.g. for what they said in chat or the forum, or them not depoing enough or whatever). without the slightest iota of transparency this is totally unacceptable.

add to that that every mayhem has more bugs than the previous, that doesn't especially help your side. there would be no "cheating" if you just did your job right.

(btw I myself didn't get disqualified obv - but I might get now? lol)

since I was unfairly banned for a week, I won't post here anymore.

You forgot to keep your promise.

Reactions: Mac
loool well rules says 20 hours and thats 20 hours active hunting.

I stood inside for maybe 3 hours - that shit just happens. if you have to wait for the boss (which sucked hard anyway) 3 hours every time, I certainly won't leave the instance when I get something to eat or to the toilet

MA have put the list of who were disqualified, now there are people saying those people are cheating and then there are those defending them saying they want proof. It would have been better for MA to just not list them.

Your suggestion might make some sense, except for the fact that the final standings in the Defense division were/are publicly viewable in the Global Event list (not sure if they are still visible, but they were still visible a few days after the event. In either case, you can be sure that someone took screenshots of the final standings). Thus it would be kind of silly for MindArk to post results that did not include all of the avatars displayed on the Global Events leaderboard.

MA has publicly placed a shadow on the character of all these players with no explanation as to their crime. I expect most of them have done nothing wrong at all. No proof, no foul. This is a huge failure on MA's part.

If you cannot talk about the individual cases, you missed the memo when you posted that they were DQed. You already let it out of the barn.

(BTW, this is why this forum has a "No Name-Shame" rule which doesn't seem to apply to MA)

Regarding the forum rule regarding naming and shaming -- there is a common misconception that this rule prohibits any sort of negative statement or claim against another member or avatar. In fact, the naming and shaming rule only covers specific accusations of scamming:

Forum Rules said:
2.13 - Scamming Accusation
Accusations of scamming that name specific real-world persons, Entropia Universe avatars or PlanetCalypsoForum.com members are NOT permitted. Providing other identifying information about accused persons or avatars is also not permitted, such as but not limited to: society names, nicknames, owned gear, equipment, estates, etc. Such threads or posts will be edited, deleted or locked without notice. For more info on the purpose of this rule, please see this thread: Rationale for the "no naming and shaming" forum rule.

Debates over scamming accusations have proven to be extremely divisive and disruptive for the forum community in the past, and none of those participating in the debate have any way of verifying the claims of the others.

That is not the case here, where the final event times were/are public knowledge via the Global Event leaderboards.

Your suggestion might make some sense, except for the fact that the final standings in the Defense division were/are publicly viewable in the Global Event list (not sure if they are still visible, but they were still visible a few days after the event. In either case, you can be sure that someone took screenshots of the final standings). Thus it would be kind of silly for MindArk to post results that did not include all of the avatars displayed on the Global Events leaderboard.

Im not very convinced by the public domain argument if there is a massive change in 'readership' involved between, for example, "you could find out if you wanted to" and "here it is, everybody".

Yes, somebody else could conceivably put up a screenshot, you say - and it would not be against the rules as you explained, but do MA have to do it just to get there first? Ok, some people here like to dig things out, but still.

In itself I think the bigger issue is how likely it is that the process has been fair. It is clear that a lot of us are sceptical about various elements of this.

Oh, I hope, of course, that I am ok to even mention my opinion on the topic, seeing as you are a mod and all. It would actually be nice for you to say that all is fine and that you have seen this post. I'm sorry if you have to mod any or all of it...

Yea as expected.
But number speak an easy language for MA too read so iam positive it will be adjusted.

Edit Reguarding armor, i was third in Cat 10 with eon also sure i could have improved time too.
You can see from the 10th place scores how much more difficult it was to place in Category 10 than it was in the other categories. There were way more players in category 10 than in 9 and 8, possibly even all the way down to category 5.

That is precisely why some of us were trying to point out that the categories were unbalanced for higher skill levels. Unfortunately, as usual, our informed opinions were drowned out by forum warriors with no genuine understanding of high level play.

Im not very convinced by the public domain argument if there is a massive change in 'readership' involved between, for example, "you could find out if you wanted to" and "here it is, everybody".

Yes, somebody else could conceivably put up a screenshot, you say - and it would not be against the rules as you explained, but do MA have to do it just to get there first? Ok, some people here like to dig things out, but still.

In itself I think the bigger issue is how likely it is that the process has been fair. It is clear that a lot of us are sceptical about various elements of this.

Oh, I hope, of course, that I am ok to even mention my opinion on the topic, seeing as you are a mod and all. It would actually be nice for you to say that all is fine and that you have seen this post. I'm sorry if you have to mod any or all of it...

For the record I did not take any moderation action in this thread.

My post was intended mainly to point out the rampant misconceptions regarding the naming/shaming rule, and to refute the accusation that MA was somehow violating that rule by identifying disqualified event participants.

I also resent your implication that your post might get moderated by me simply because of a difference in opinion. Please provide a single example of me ever doing that in the last ~12 years I have owned/admininstrated this forum. I will consider your inability to do so an apology.

MA asked me to give you some sweat instead.

Ugh, you are so awesome. 13 years with 20k loots in hunting talking about hunting on mayhem event. Spending time forum warrioring and sweating and telling MA should give everyone sweat.

There is no rule about kiting mobs on defense or afking, semiafking, watching tv while shooting mobs in solo. I need 20 hours in instance to get solo "quest" updated and I could masturbate the whole time and MA aint got shit on me.

{DELETED}

Last edited by a moderator:
im surprised. naming and shaming on people who scam is not okay, so that they can continue to scam others, even with proof provided but cheaters naming and shaming is okay? i dont see the difference but whatever.
its just surprising that they only ban low level players, although most on the upper cats will be exploiters as well. most likely with the same exploits as the ones the lows got banned for.

im surprised. naming and shaming on people who scam is not okay, so that they can continue to scam others, even with proof provided but cheaters naming and shaming is okay? i dont see the difference but whatever.
its just surprising that they only ban low level players, although most on the upper cats will be exploiters as well. most likely with the same exploits as the ones the lows got banned for.

Please read the Rationale for the "no naming and shaming" forum rule, where the points you mention are addressed in detail. If you have additional questions or comments please message me via PM.

Last edited:
Ugh, you are so awesome. 13 years with 20k loots in hunting talking about hunting on mayhem event. Spending time forum warrioring and sweating and telling MA should give everyone sweat.

There is no rule about kiting mobs on defense or afking, semiafking, watching tv while shooting mobs in solo. I need 20 hours in instance to get solo "quest" updated and I could masturbate the whole time and MA aint got shit on me.

{DELETED}

OMG, are you Maiden? Cant think of anything yourself to flame me with other than sweating?? Nothing more you can attack me on?
Yes, sorry I have to admit, I've sweated in the past, hence my near 600 (correction, it's only 468) points in sweat gather. Yeah, that's exactly what paid for all my stuff!
:laugh:

Lol, you noob, basing your view on me based on what you see in EL.
You should know better than that. :wise:

Now, MA, please give NPV his cashout so he can finally leave this place.

Last edited:
You guys should calm down , stop crying, flaming, take off 10 min masturbate at least , it will relax you guys. Wtf you are worst than 3 years old kids.

Back