Easter Mayhem 2018 Results

Pardon my curiosity, but what do you mean with "grind for boxes a few times" and "those 15 minutes runs"?

Have you tried defense at all? Do you have any clue about the rules, awards and generally how it worked? Because if you would have read once the description of the defense mode and would have completed once 10 waves, you'd have understood what he meant.

Sounds like good news, you didnt do anything wrong, there was an error/bug on their end and theyre working to rectify it.

Very happy with this reply from support.

Hopefully the bug that affected only me is fixed for the next event so no one else gets their final score out of the results :D

glad to have helped and am extremely happy that they are looking into what might have caused this bug. :)

I didn't do anything "odd" in defense. I did grind for boxes a few times, but those 15 minutes runs didn't involve any tactics.

It's impossible to have been dq'ed for grinding. Pardon, not impossible, but stupid. Judging by my own grinding in defense, what could have happened is: let's asume your gear etc allowed for full completion of first 20 waves (and most likely next 5 too for another token). Logically by 3rd round 6th wave you'd lose interess because the effort involved would have been better spent starting a new run from round 1. So you just let the ava idle around and go for a smoke patiently waiting for the damn core to be destroyed because you had no way to legit quit the instance until the core was destroyed.

So on their side would appear that player Colbey Kal (and me aswell and everyone else who grinded for boxes) actually triggered that exploit of mobs becoming static because they killed you. Because they would have logically killed you. And triggered it maybe not once but 20 times lol or how many times you grinded for boxes. I know I did for like 20 times.

And that most likely because you being placed in top 10, they verified all your runs.

Does it make sense? If you are indeed honest and did nothing wrong, I will eat my hat if this is not the correct explanation.

Very happy with this reply from support.

Glad to see that reply m8, gl with it!

Things are getting complicated!

Somebody was originally DQ in defense, but had a place standing in anni. It was noticed and then the results were changed after the original announcement - I thought that was you and why it is stated as it now is:
[*]DQ - Colbey Colbey Kal - 01:08:10 - Disqualified
[*]DQ - Colbey Colbey Kal - 15804 - Disqualified in Defense

I didn't do anything "odd" in defense. I did grind for boxes a few times, but those 15 minutes runs didn't involve any tactics.

I am confident the "suspicious" activity was either not finishing my 20 hours by only 15 minutes, or being afk for the last hours. Both are justifiable, and neither are 'cheating' or 'abuse'. The not finishing should Disqualify those point, and that portion of Easter Mayhem, from winning a prize, but it was not 'cheating.' I shouldn't have even been listed in the top 10 for annihilation.

So, where did your time of 01:08:10 come from if you never did that long, and why did you place in anni originally, even though you say yourself you didn't qualify due to time (not DQ as such, simply not qualify)?

Edit additional: MA also said NOBODY was DQ-ed from anni, so it kinda proves they did that DQ later and not earlier...

Last edited:
It's clearly your Defense entry that caused the DQ. Did you squeeze a lot of extra minutes towards the end without killing off bots? It does seem everyone who fell below a certain treshold in amount of kills per minute have been automatically disqualified. Along with "suspicious activity", MA did state "impossibly low number of robot kills in relation to their posted event time" as means for DQ in Defense.

Probably explains why so many got disqualified in lower categories since down there uber armors had much bigger impact compared to higher categories. You could squeeze a lot more minutes by just tanking and kiting mobs compared to higher categories. Thus causing an, in MA's eyes, oddly low amount of kills per minute for the total time spent.

I did use Perseus(L) or Mayhem (L) armor + DetPil 100 rocket launcher + tier2 2600 fap to mob-train away from the mission thing in my longest run. Once I was overwhelmed with mobs I resurrected asap, healed, then started firing rockets towards the pedestal to get newly spawned mobs back on me. Once res time got to be about 40+ seconds the pedestal was destroyed while I was dead, waiting for timer.

I don't see anything "abusive" about this, at all. The goal didn't have anything to do with kill count, but instead to minimize damage to the pedestal = aggro as many mobs as possible while surviving. Kinda assumed that's what everyone with a competitive score did. (Explosives projectiles were selling for about 115%)

So, where did your time of 01:08:10 come from if you never did that long, and why did you place in anni originally, even though you say yourself you didn't qualify due to time (not DQ as such, simply not qualify)?

I did about 3-4 semi-serious runs in Defense, one of which was the 1:08 run. Each run I improved my tactics, but never felt I had perfected them. Planned on doing more, but RL got in the way.

Like Kerham said, I would kill the first 10 waves, which would award 2 tokens + 1 Easter box, minimum. This had a cycling/cost of about 30-40 PED, which made them profitable after selling a box. Cost went up with each wave, so I'd run to the 'out of bounds' area to die and auto-revive in calypso. I brought these runs up because I recognize it's not a method they would expect from a person aiming for an award - however, not an 'abuse' as far as I can tell. (I would rather have had a valid way to exit)

Did you read my post above yours? Kerham thinks I misunderstood almost everything you wrote lol, but maybe you could read it and see?! :eyecrazy:

edit: ah, ok, so one of your 'not even trying runs' was that long, ok.
- and you actually stopped trying for longer by going out of bounds to die there?

You seem to be far better than anyone imagined lol ...

Anyway - sorry to hear that story... I would still call it unresolved to be honest!!!

BUT, we are talking of a time recorded of over ONE HOUR, right? 1 easterbox from 10 waves is nowhere near that long..... (but you are saying that was a semi-serious run of several easterboxes/ wavex10 in the run)? Maybe it was the other short runs that got you the red flag, but I'm sure many people left the battle that way as it was the 'cheapest' way of giving up and exiting if you had armour on... (including me)

Last edited:
so I'd run to the 'out of bounds' area to die and auto-revive in calypso.

ffs I haven't tried this, would have spared me some good 2-3 hrs of doing nothing, in total. I just turned back when that "out of bounds" counter started :laugh:

Did you read my post above yours? Kerham thinks I misunderstood almost everything you wrote lol, but maybe you could read it and see?! :eyecrazy:

I don't know if I 'placed' in annihilation initially, or if results were changed. Today is first I've check forums. Just don't know.

I really presumed the "disqualification" was for Annihilation and not reaching hours, but human error put it in Defense, since that's where most people tried to cheat. I could, potentially, have actually have reached the 20 hours, since the timer shown outside of instance displayed (I thought) about 15 minutes remaining, but I could have misinterpreted it as going 15 minutes over. I had my computer running, while in the instance, while I was no where near the computer - I don't know the details of how it ended for me. Either way, my behavior was very much outside the norm - but not abusive.

I guess it's possible I raised a red-flag through my tactic of using rockets to aggro mobs, didn't even consider this until Kerham brought up the low kill-count per minute.

I did use Perseus(L) or Mayhem (L) armor + DetPil 100 rocket launcher + tier2 2600 fap to mob-train away from the mission thing in my longest run. Once I was overwhelmed with mobs I resurrected asap, healed, then started firing rockets towards the pedestal to get newly spawned mobs back on me. Once res time got to be about 40+ seconds the pedestal was destroyed while I was dead, waiting for timer.

I don't see anything "abusive" about this, at all. The goal didn't have anything to do with kill count, but instead to minimize damage to the pedestal = aggro as many mobs as possible while surviving. Kinda assumed that's what everyone with a competitive score did. (Explosives projectiles were selling for about 115%)

I think I know what happened.

I observed that you could tag mobs, gather a "mob ball", and "deposit" it on the far edge of the boundary by dragging the mob ball and dying. Upon revival, the mobs would not re-agro to the objective and therefor were not a concern. This process could be repeated nearly indefinitely to achieve a very high score with very little PED spent. I reported this as a potential exploit, and it seems that what you did was close enough to my reported behavior to be viewed as suspicious.

Next event I participate in I suppose I will publicly post any exploits I've reported so that the community can know what not to do.

Last edited:
I got an answer from support.

It seems my timer kept on ticking after completing 20 hours.

Wtf.... ??? .

Good to know, but it makes me wonder if the average system is still active. Instead of logging the score at 20hrs your 26hrs were averaged

edit: ah, ok, so one of your 'not even trying runs' was that long, ok.
- and you actually stopped trying for longer by going out of bounds to die there?

You seem to be far better than anyone imagined lol ...

Anyway - sorry to hear that story... I would still call it unresolved to be honest!!!

BUT, we are talking of a time recorded of over ONE HOUR, right? 1 easterbox from 10 waves is nowhere near that long..... (but you are saying that was a semi-serious run of several easterboxes/ wavex10 in the run)? Maybe it was the other short runs that got you the red flag, but I'm sure many people left the battle that way as it was the 'cheapest' way of giving up and exiting if you had armour on... (including me)

I had 3-4 semi-serious runs. These I didn't care much about boxes, I was trying to improve my time. They were "semi-"serious because I didn't use pills and I fully expected to improve the time later. Semi-serious was still expensive and intense, but not balls-to-the-wall serious. I didn't (initially) see how anything in them would be considered suspicious. I also did some grinding runs.

The 'grinding' runs lasted about 15 minutes each, as described above.

I observed that you could tag mobs, gather a "mob ball", and "deposit" it on the far edge of the boundary by dragging the mob ball and dying. Upon revival, the mobs would not re-agro to the objective and therefor were not a concern. This process could be repeated nearly indefinitely to achieve a very high score with very little PED spent. I reported this as a potential exploit, and it seems that what you did was close enough to my reported behavior to be viewed as suspicious.

It seems he died several times as he writes: Once res time got to be about 40+ seconds ...

I guess I'd see what you describe as being an exploit.... ish. But plain kiting with mobs attacking you alive is well within ok in my opinion, as it was about defending the core.

Should a bird be DQ-ed for pretending to a cat that it has a broken wing when protecting its nest from some distance away? :laugh:

Edit: That's a pretty good overall description now Colbey - thanks! I suggest copying it together and sending a support case. I hope very much to hear from you that you have the competition ban lifted at the least, as I accept that you did nothing 'wrong' on purpose.
(feel free to copy in anything I have written as part of the conversation flow - I give permission...)

Last edited:

Next event I participate in I suppose I will publicly post any exploits I've reported so that the community can know what not to do.

That makes sense. A player with very good First Person Shooter skills would be able to get a much higher score with the rockets + speed boost+strategically dieing. They probably wouldn't even need to die... if they were skilled enough. I'm more of a strategy / being ideally prepared personality.

I'd heard about some abuse involving staying dead - I didn't consider it could, potentially, be considered an exploit to use long range, area effect weapons.

That makes sense. A player with very good First Person Shooter skills would be able to get a much higher score with the rockets + speed boost+strategically dieing. They probably wouldn't even need to die... if they were skilled enough. I'm more of a strategy / being ideally prepared personality.

I'd heard about some abuse involving staying dead - I didn't consider it could, potentially, be considered an exploit to use long range, area effect weapons.

I suppose an important question to ask would be whether or not you were actively killing robots, as the rules did specify it was a hunting event, and it could be argued that simply drawing agro is not hunting.

Rules & Notes
These events are intended for solo hunters. Any attempt at abusing team mechanics or any other Entropia Universe systems or features in order to gain an unfair advantage over other participants will be grounds for disqualification from the event, forfeiture of any prizes, and possible sanctions imposed on one’s Entropia Universe account.

I suppose an important question to ask would be whether or not you were actively killing robots, as the rules did specify it was a hunting event, and it could be argued that simply drawing agro is not hunting.

Lolol ;)
"These events are intended for solo hunters." Well, the events aren't for solo miners or crafters, that's for sure! I pretty much put all the emphasis on 'solo' when I read it, but at a pinch you could argue the 'We come in peace, shoot to kill' card I guess ;););)

Upon revival, the mobs would not re-agro to the objective and therefor were not a concern.

And them would also block the incoming waves. It was posted on the forum. The question is how detailed MA can check the behavior.

Because the mechanic itself of the defense mode made it mandatory that at some point you will get swarmed, you will get killed and as such a certain wave WILL get bugged, nomatter how much effort you'd put in being a sport about it.

And them would also block the incoming waves. It was posted on the forum. The question is how detailed MA can check the behavior.

Because the mechanic itself of the defense mode made it mandatory that at some point you will get swarmed, you will get killed and as such a certain wave WILL get bugged, nomatter how much effort you'd put in being a sport about it.

It is not absolute that you would be killed. In my highest time run I never died, but rather the objective did. I never saw the mandatory bug you are referring to.

I was just pleasantly surprised skilling rockets in the past actually came in useful for once! :ahh:

if you were just pulling all aggro up to first wave 10 getting box and then resetting thats why they flagged yo ass

It is not absolute that you would be killed. In my highest time run I never died, but rather the objective did. I never saw the mandatory bug you are referring to.

Difference of skill and setup, then, got my ass handed on a plate :))

But were you actually killing mobs or just pulling agro?

I killed with normal weapons for the first 50 minutes to hour. Generally skilled MF for this boring hour.

Once the first mob reached the pedestal I switched to pure rockets and started running for my life, with the occasion look + fire in the direction of the pedestal to aggro new things. I probably killed some things with the rocket, but not many. I could've killed more with high dmg/sec gear.... but why?

Annihilation was about brute force dmg/sec. Defense seemed to be about tactics - I tried to maximize my tactics.

I'm guessing Cat 2 Anniliation's winner got a 5K special point thing. If that's true (Gratz to him!) I would have placed 1st in the Cat 2 Annihilation except for his lucky 5K .... even with only killing for 16.5 hours. After using the same dmg/sec gear, and placing well below 10th, I looked for other tactics to exponentially increase my score.

I don't see why using non-standard, non-exploitative, tactics to get an exceptional score would result in a disqualification for this and other events. My goal was to get top 3; non-standard results usually require a non-standard approach. Most people totally ignore rockets. There was no rule about mob training (Other wise very few would've beat my pure dmg/sec score), and I don't think I exploited any bugs.

p.s. I did use some acceleration pills for the last run -which I forgot about in earlier post

p.p.s. Before people complain about being over equipped for this event, for the first 8 years I was a non-depositor, who did OK by; making good decisions, not hunting when I expected a loss, and selling skills. (only sweated a very short time) I did depo for about 2K ped for this event to have ammo / slack room. I am used to making extremely non-standard choices in EU. That isn't the same as cheating.

I killed with normal weapons for the first 50 minutes to hour. Generally skilled MF for this boring hour....
Once the first mob reached the pedestal I switched to pure rockets and started running for my life, with the occasion look + fire in the direction of the pedestal to aggro new things. I probably killed some things with the rocket, but not many....

In this case I am out of ideas as to why you were disqualified, as those tactics seem reasonable to me.

P.S.
It is possible that MindArk viewed your box farming methods (running to the boundary) as an attempt to exploit the system and disqualified you for that, but it would seem odd to disqualify you from an event for a 10-15 minute run of box farming. I am sure you've already submitted a support case, but if not I would definitely recommend it and request as detailed as possible a response as to why you were DQ'd.

Last edited:
Once I was overwhelmed with mobs I resurrected asap, healed, then started firing rockets towards the pedestal to get newly spawned mobs back on me. Once res time got to be about 40+ seconds the pedestal was destroyed while I was dead, waiting for timer.

This probably got you DQ.

What means "about" 40+ seconds ?

If it's more than 40 seconds, it means you died at least 4 times, whithout killing any mobs.

There is a big difference between trying to get mobs far away from the pedestal at the very end, when you're surrounded and you feel that you can't defend the pedestal anymore, and what you describe here;
Take mobs as far away as possible, die (so the mobs will just stay there not attacking you nor the pedestal), resurect, repeat on the next wave, and so on...

Also I guess it was not so hard to "let" the mobs on the way of next wave... This could slow them alot and eventually makes them stuck.

That's why I told in another thread 3 weeks ago that this Defense instance is nice but need at least one improvment;

When the avatar is dead = Game Over. :wise:

What means "about" 40+ seconds ?

If it's more than 40 seconds, it means you died at least 4 times, whithout killing any mobs.

I don't believe the revive timer resets after killing mobs - but I could be mistaken on this.

That's why I told in another thread 3 weeks ago that this Defense instance is nice but need at least one improvment;

They would have to add that in addition to the defense objective - otherwise you could just run around in supremacy with a mod fap and stay alive until the entire map filled with mobs forcing you to the boundary.

Last edited:
if you were just pulling all aggro up to first wave 10 getting box and then resetting thats why they flagged yo ass

For the grinding, I killed the first 9 waves of mobs - I didn't just pull agro on those.

For the 10th wave I sometimes just killed the 'boss' mob to see if I'd loot anything nice, then start running to the 'out of bounds', since the pedestal survived passed the timer. Never did loot anything special from the boss.

Don't see anything that involved exploiting bugs there.

I didn't know that :ahh:
I assumed the revive timer was time based. (Just coming back after a couple years away)
If I had, I would've killed a single mob after reviving, then used the same tactics. It would've improved my score, assuming I had more time in RL.

I agree.

Back