Easter Mayhem 2018 Results

You mentioned Batsim, you want another Batsim or what? Or should all be Batsim?
Batsim is (if ~700 a week in peize for top1) around 35k ped per year prize. Isn't that awesome? Almost free, no gear or hunting skills needed...

Indeed I only "mentionned" Batsim.

All what you wrote after this is only presupposition that is far away from what I suggested... :wise:

no investment, no skills, no game knowledge, no preparation in advance, no grinding missions, no experience, no fun, no hands, no brain, no work just NO.If possible lets compete in another game.A game within a game with hopes to become a different game because we are tired of this game , kinda, eh?

no investment, no skills

Yup, for only 33% of the event.

This could makes more players wants to compet. :yup:

no game knowledge, no preparation in advance, no experience, no fun, no hands, no brain, no work

This is really contradictory to what I proposed... :confused:

A 100% IRL skill based "part" of the event would need exactly all the things you list here.

I can understand that you and 20/30 peoples among the biggest depositors don't want this.

But I think it could please 3000 or 4000 averages players also... :rolleyes:

How about, if there won't be any items from the game needed, not HP or skills, how about the prize would be sweat? Like 1 bottle per participation and 100-200 bottles for the first places? It could work.
Otherwise, if you want 50k-150k PED worth of items for first place, why would these items hold their value if they won't have any use in the events that you think would please 3000 or 4000 players?

I appreciate you are a new player and quite active, also GZ on your placement in your category, but, this is not your every day shooter game and it will never be. Why ask for it to become one?
The 100% skill event you want is already here and it's not very popular. And it's here because of "high" demand for 100% IRL skills type event.
Very few players compete because the lack of potential. Because the lack of skill to beat cambu who is a badass at it.
MA even made an event within the Batsim event, to stimulate players with PED, thee wasn't such a high demand for it that time either.

Defense instances and Solos in Merry Mayhem required more skill than FFA, Annihilation and many other past events but they also needed some equipment, because this is what this game is all about.
Work on it, work for it, with your time, with your head and your card too.
The game doesn't make these items cost that much - we, the players do. We put the value they have because of the edge they give in various events and situations and of course these should always matter, regardless how much the people that don't have them want to put them down. Price are constantly going down, interest is not high, if they become worthless, why would participation be interesting at all? People will not play events for sweat in this game dude.

Last edited:
How about, if there won't be any items from the game needed, not HP or skills, how about the price would be sweat? Like 1 bottle per participation and 100-200 bottles for the first places? It could work.
Otherwise, if you want 50k-150k PED worth of items for first place, why would these items hold their value if they won't have any use in the events that you think would please 3000 or 4000 players?

I appreciate you are a new player and quite active, also GZ on your placement in your category, but, this is not your every day shooter game and it will never be. Why ask for it to become one?
The 100% skill event you want is already here and it's not very popular. And it's here because of "high" demand for
100% IRL skills type event.
Very few players compete because the lack of potential. Because the lack of skill to beat cambu who is a badass at it.
MA even made an event within the Batsim event, to stimulate players with PED, thee wasn't such a high demand for it that time either.

Defense instances and Solos in Merry Mayhem required more skill than FFA, Annihilation and many other past events but they also needed some equipment, because this is what this game is all about.
Work on it, work for it, with your time, with your head and your card too. The game doesn't make these items cost that much - we, the players do. We put the value they have because of the edge they give in various events and situations and of course these should always matter, regardless how much the people that dont have them want to put them down. Price are constantly going down, interest is not high, if they become worthless, why would participation be interesting at all? People will not play events for sweat in this game dude.

Very well said.

woot? got banned for nothing! :mad:

First update on my support case regarding my score not being counted (I completed 20 hours, had over 14k points, cat 5, did NOT abandon my mission at any point.)

Just taking you as an example Tobias but it goes for all other DQ-eds.

Just wondering, if it's right what you say and that you do deserve that price, then what happens to the other winners?
Does it mean number 10 will now be 11 and thus the old 10 did not win anything?

:scratch:

Yup, for only 33% of the event.

This could makes more players wants to compet. :yup:

This is really contradictory to what I proposed... :confused:

A 100% IRL skill based "part" of the event would need exactly all the things you list here.

I can understand that you and 20/30 peoples among the biggest depositors don't want this.

I don't want anything.I just wait for mindark to move and I move.I don't ask them to do anything.Telling them to do something would waste my time for obvious reasons.
The game is alive for 15 years+.Average players can do their move if they choose to and become something but for obvious reasons they continue to sweat.History is available for anyone who step into this game to be studied but instead all of them want the game to be changed for their own benefit instead of focusing what's best for the game and build in that sense.
What you are proposing is not sustainable. Average EU player is by far not real life skilled nor ingame skilled, this would upset most of them.This is not a RTS/RPG/FPS ETC , this is RCE MMO.

I believe that Mindark should not make events just to satisfy the need of the averages/ubers because you can never do that in a system like EU but to present them a solid plan for 5 years + like a roadmap where people can make plans and adjust them according to their budget/time to play etc.
I believe a lot in competition where everyone start with same chances but I don't believe in a competition where everyone finish with same chances and if your averages would understand that they would be far away right now but who is out there to explain them on rookie channel or similar discord channels or chat/voice apps? Obviously other averages :)

Overall I thought this was one of the better events recently. Still ways to improve it that people have touched on in the thread. There is always going to be something that won't be fair tho. Be it chipping down, borrowing gear etc. The way the game is just has those kind of built in problems. Would love to see this change but I just don't see a real solution to it.

I like the stance on the exploiter/cheaters. Most applaud the decision on this.

I think everyone agrees that MA needs to have clear and concise rules for the events going forward. You need to be more specific than just the usual rule disclosure we get.

This event I got lucky on the points, but I always prefer the more luck based events just because it improves my chances. I know I can't win going head to head with bigger players.

Just taking you as an example Tobias but it goes for all other DQ-eds.

Just wondering, if it's right what you say and that you do deserve that price, then what happens to the other winners?
Does it mean number 10 will now be 11 and thus the old 10 did not win anything?

:scratch:
Would absolutely make the most sense to push down the previously reported number 10. I mean isn't the sole purpose of the delay between announcement and prize distribution to handle eventual mistakes and complaints, to then act accordingly before anything is handed out?

On a sidenote btw, we can probably stop discussing staying AFK as a reason for DQ in Annihilation, Tobias wasn't DQ-ed, else it would have been mentioned just like the others in the top list. Very likely just a human error missing his entry while compiling or some kind of bug not adding him to the database in the first place.

Very glad to see the results ! Congratulations to all the winners !

MA, you've got my full support in expelling all the cheaters. I deeply wish this will become the rule in all upcoming events. Cheaters been playing well too long. Keep the good job going !

Happy mayhem everyone !

Gratz to the winners.
I would like to add something a bit interesting when it comes to borrowed gear.
I tried cat 6 defense maybe 8-10 times.
I borrowed a friends very unique and Uber armor and had a blast doing 2 runs with it.
I also borrowed a friends aug ares and that was fun too.
However, my best run that got me 4th place I had no borrowed items at all. MM(L), pulsar2, BC-60 t10, mayhem alpha amp, imp ares, 15mgstims, eggs, and few medstims for the panicked chaos of the last couple of minutes.
All that gear was about $200 usd. Not a huge investment to compete.

Yes I know cat 8-10 is a totally different story, just saying

How about, if there won't be any items from the game needed, not HP or skills, how about the price would be sweat? Like 1 bottle per participation and 100-200 bottles for the first places? It could work.

The 100% skill event you want is already here and it's not very popular. And it's here because of "high" demand for
100% IRL skills type event.

Work on it, work for it, with your time, with your head and your card too. The game doesn't make these items cost that much - we, the players do. We put the value they have because of the edge they give in various events and situations and of course these should always matter, regardless how much the people that dont have them want to put them down. Price are constantly going down, interest is not high, if they become worthless, why would participation be interesting at all? People will not play events for sweat in this game dude.

Again you totaly exagerate and extrapolate on what I said... :rolleyes:

And this is so far from my suggestion, that if I answer this, it would probably get us nowhere fast... :wise:

Im not sure it's still there, but i had my points displayed on the mission window. Search on your missions for the Easter mayhem one.

I checked the mission log of compleeted missions. Can't find any easter mayhem quests there. I can find the last Haloween mayhem I did thou.
I am 100% sure I completed the 20hours sinse the I got a quest notification about it, that also told me the final score.

Can anyone here who completed the 20hour in any category of annihilation find their completed quest with score in the completed mission section in game?

Can anyone here who completed the 20hour in any category of annihilation find their completed quest with score in the completed mission section in game?

I asked a couple of friends and none of them could find it in game any longer.

I asked a couple of friends and none of them could find it in game any longer.

Doh!
I'm pretty sure I landed on 7700 or 7300 something in cat 2 annihilation but I don't really feel like sending a support ticket without proof =/

Doh!
I'm pretty sure I landed on 7700 or 7300 something in cat 2 annihilation but I don't really feel like sending a support ticket without proof =/

im sure if you just asked for your final score, don't mention you think you should be in the chart. im sure they'll do it

because there was no rule against it, simple as that

I love to see cheaters mad..... When I posted that exploits I said they are more.... Just because you used those that were not exposed on forum doesn't mean you didn't exploited. :yup::yup::yup::yup::yup:

because there was no rule against it, simple as that

Interesting point...
If there isn't a rule against it, it should be allowed. (Exploiting game mechanics is a cheat, and cheaters should be DQ for sure!)

However,
I didn't see a rule any where saying it was a requirement of shooting for 20 consecutive hours, and if this rule was there... what is the limit? could I shoot for 19 hours and still be eligible for the final price if my score is high enough? (keep in mind, shooting for 19 hours straight, you could have short breaks for bio, phone etc during 19 hours totalling 1 hour?
18 hours?
17 hours?
should thid had been mentioned by MA that you need a consecutive time of shooting in order to be eligible? or can they add such a rule after the score/event is finished?

how many robots needed to be killed in annihilation for us to qualify for the event?

There are so many questions starting to appear because of some scores not counting.. If DQ it should show in the list, but in my case my score isnt on the list (14xxx) in cat 5 solo, and I did spend the required 20 hours but if I didn't reach a "hidden" kill count required, or a certain time of consecutive time shooting... im lost :D

Solo Defense
Several participants were disqualified and will not receive prizes due to suspicious activity and/or an impossibly low number of robot kills in relation to their posted event time. Disqualified participants are also banned from winning prizes in any future Mayhem events.

[*]DQ - Colbey Colbey Kal - 01:08:10 - Disqualified

[*]DQ - Colbey Colbey Kal - 15804 - Disqualified in Defense

I have filed a support case - I care much less about current prizes than my reputation or future events.

I did have very "suspicious" activity in annihilation; a RL business deal was falling apart and I was AFK for the last 3.25 hours and still had 15 minutes remaining on mission timer after the event's end time. I fully expected to not place as rules stated finishing 20 hours was required. No complaints about no reward. (Though it would be nice!) And yes, there is equipment that allows cycling well over 1K ped per hour even in cat 2 - I would have gotten about 17K poins without a super lucky 5K loot; still second place to a valid winner.

I did restart annihilation after a couple 'exploratory' hours, including learning that hunting in a higher cat uses the lower cat's time. If this is considered abuse of game mechanics, I apologize. I didn't have a 'exceptional' run to start, but I did understand the event better.

Future disqualification pisses me off, especially the implications to my reputation.

I did nothing 'odd' in defense, and feel I should receive that reward, but my reputation is worth more than the prize value.

[*]DQ - Colbey Colbey Kal - 01:08:10 - Disqualified

[*]DQ - Colbey Colbey Kal - 15804 - Disqualified in Defense

It says your defense run is what got you disqualified, not annihilation

If they got disqualified why not accept it; you were looking for an angle and it blew up in your face. These things happen.

If they got disqualified why not accept it; you were looking for an angle and it blew up in your face. These things happen.

So the moral of that story is....

Don't try to do anything better than anyone else. Shoot straight, don't move and hope for the best. Perfect. Yea, why should anything be based on gaining a competitive edge. Especially a competition.

Get the community outraged over "false disqualifications" and there is a chance you get unbanned ;)

It says your defense run is what got you disqualified, not annihilation

I didn't do anything "odd" in defense. I did grind for boxes a few times, but those 15 minutes runs didn't involve any tactics.

I am confident the "suspicious" activity was either not finishing my 20 hours by only 15 minutes, or being afk for the last hours. Both are justifiable, and neither are 'cheating' or 'abuse'. The not finishing should Disqualify those point, and that portion of Easter Mayhem, from winning a prize, but it was not 'cheating.' I shouldn't have even been listed in the top 10 for annihilation.

I didn't do anything "odd" in defense. I did grind for boxes a few times, but those 15 minutes runs didn't involve any tactics.

Pardon my curiosity, but what do you mean with "grind for boxes a few times" and "those 15 minutes runs"?

I got an answer from support.

It seems my timer kept on ticking after completing 20 hours.

Wtf.... ??? .

2018-04-20 15:37 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi whatwouldjesusdo,

Upon investigation, the dev team has confirmed a few facts which we can relay to you:

1. You were not disqualified from the event, either in the Defense or Annihilation divisions.
2. You did not abandon the Annihilation mission at any point during the event.
3. You completed the required 20 hours in order to qualify for Annihilation prizes. (in fact you completed nearly 26.5 hours).

It appears that an unknown bug (that apparently has not affected any other participants) resulted in your final Annihilation score not being recorded, and thus not included in official event results.

We are still awaiting to hear from the dev team regarding what action may be taken to recify this error. Hopefully that will be resolved early next week.

We apologize for the error, and appreciate your understanding.

Regards,

Ida
Entropia Universe Support

I am confident the "suspicious" activity was either not finishing my 20 hours by only 15 minutes, or being afk for the last hours. Both are justifiable, and neither are 'cheating' or 'abuse'. The not finishing should Disqualify those point, and that portion of Easter Mayhem, from winning a prize, but it was not 'cheating.' I shouldn't have even been listed in the top 10 for annihilation.
They stated none among the top 10s in any category of Annihilation had any suspicious activity. That not shooting for the full 20 hours (even though spending the full 20 hours) would be means for disqualification is just a misconception on these forums. Likely stemming from LangeTobias reporting his 14k score not being included, like it seemingly should have been. But he was not disqualified. If he was, he would have been mentioned in the top list with a DQ just like players were in Defense, which he was not. Very likely human error on MA's part or a bug causing his score not getting registered.

It's clearly your Defense entry that caused the DQ. Did you squeeze a lot of extra minutes towards the end without killing off bots? It does seem everyone who fell below a certain treshold in amount of kills per minute have been automatically disqualified. Along with "suspicious activity", MA did state "impossibly low number of robot kills in relation to their posted event time" as means for DQ in Defense.

Probably explains why so many got disqualified in lower categories since down there uber armors had much bigger impact compared to higher categories. You could squeeze a lot more minutes by just tanking and kiting mobs compared to higher categories. Thus causing an, in MA's eyes, oddly low amount of kills per minute for the total time spent.

I'm also thinking MA didn't even realise this tactic would and/or could be used (or they heavily undersold its impact on total time, especially for lower categories) but instead just imagined as soon as the spawned hp per second exceeded the player's damage per second, it would end somewhat quickly.

Back