Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Naomi

Elite
Society
Rangers
Naomi NP Polder
Proportional reward event system (annihilation)

I like EU, I like events
- the estimations of which category is best
- the considering of which gear to use
- the skilling up and making your avatar better

The last event made:
- people chip out to win in lower categories
- people WANTING to join lower categories

That is not a logical turn of events and goals. This problem can easily be solved with a proportional reward event system. The current categories can stay! However...

- Any avatar should be able to choose like 3 categories closest to his professional standing
- Higher categories will give a higher final result (yourpoints * category.)(for instance 12k points in cat8 give 96000 final score)

Top100 Rewards
- Mayhem Token rewards for the top100

Completion rewards
- Universal Ammo reward for everyone who completed the 20hours of active hunting (100ped * categorynr)
- 20hours skill pills for everyone who completed the 20hours of active hunting (20x 1hour pill of xx% depending on category (cat7 gives 70% skill pills)

Also, I feel like very few Mtokens have been given this event. It's very very hard to get one of the guns, it will take up to 5 years for me for instance.

See the math in second post :)

Last edited:
nr1.png

nr2.png

I like the idea with tweaking.

I also think that this should be for cats 1-9, not 10.

I think the ubers should be how it is and there reward should justify it as well.

Reward the ppl that are super high level... 10th place in cat 10 should be more then the max for first place in the mash up category.

ps. I am not even close to cat 10. (cat 7 for easter, and barely)

I see the same "problems" and think the events like this need to be tweaked. I like your idea and think it would be a great step in the right direction.

Top100 Rewards
- Mayhem Token rewards for the top100

Is this each category or overall? If overall won't the high players take in most of prices and take away the incentive for lower lvl players to join? The top players should be awarded the biggest, but there also should be a possibility for the lower players to win something nice and shiny.

But overall, i like the idea!

The potential rewards from hunting in the events, outside of event prizes, were completely disproportional too.

Low category participants could grind the markup items way cheaper and easier than high level players. Category 1 hunters were able to get 10 times the number of boxes that a Category 10 player could, for the same turnover. To be given that kind of disadvantage for having higher skills is completely contrary to what EU should be all about.

Low category participants could grind the markup items way cheaper and easier than high level players. Category 1 hunters were able to get 10 times the number of boxes that a Category 10 player could, for the same turnover. To be given that kind of disadvantage for having higher skills is completely contrary to what EU should be all about.

This is the most truest thing ever and why I fuck off all events now.

Dont the higher Cat's already get more than the lower levels in terms of rewards?
What should happen with the rewards is take out the placement tokens from lower cats...make it like cat 7/8 and up or something. That way no incentive to chip down to a low cat to get those tokens.

Currently people are chipping down to win the placement tokens, they will then chip back in next events to aim for Mayhem tokens.

EDIT - i also like the UA rewards you suggested...although that will come out of CLD holders

Dont the higher Cat's already get more than the lower levels in terms of rewards?
What should happen with the rewards is take out the placement tokens from lower cats...make it like cat 7/8 and up or something. That way no incentive to chip down to a low cat to get those tokens.

Currently people are chipping down to win the placement tokens, they will then chip back in next events to aim for Mayhem tokens.

EDIT - i also like the UA rewards you suggested...although that will come out of CLD holders

No, higher cats don't have more rewards then lower cats in the past easter setup.
Place10 of cat10 should still have a higher prize then place1 of cat9.

Placement tokens are rubbish. It would be good if these are removed from game. Especially because it will take like 4-5 years to get enough Mtokens to get a Mayhem item.

My avatar is probably a top20 player in EU, and I can only get 3000 Mtokens in Annihilation?

If I would make a noob account, transfer my rings, faps, and use some L guns, I'd very likely be able to win the categories 1-4 AND GET BETTER PRIZES. That's ridiculous.

No, higher cats don't have more rewards then lower cats in the past easter setup.
Place10 of cat10 should still have a higher prize then place1 of cat9.

Placement tokens are rubbish. It would be good if these are removed from game. Especially because it will take like 4-5 years to get enough Mtokens to get a Mayhem item.

My avatar is probably a top20 player in EU, and I can only get 3000 Mtokens in Annihilation?

If I would make a noob account, transfer my rings, faps, and use some L guns, I'd very likely be able to win the categories 1-4 AND GET BETTER PRIZES. That's ridiculous.

Ahh i see what you mean...yeah that does kinda put a damper on doing well in a higher category...not to mention the difference in tokens between placing 1st in cat 10 and 10th in cat 10....you think thy would have atleast made it closer between the placings.

Great post by Naomi, and a very good point by Oleg.
I've got no fancy rings nor a high tiered gun anywhere close to max base dps, so ofc I knew I couldn't compete (And I'm sure this is the case for very many players; High combat skills doesn't mean one possess the gear to reflect said skills)
Like most, I just wanted to farm strongboxes and tokens. And the only way to do that, for me, was to buy expensive gear, chew pills, yet still not being able to grind efficiently.
Would have been nice to be allowed to enter a lower category (with perhaps a warning of not qualifying for the cat. and thus forfeiting potential prizes) Or to simply be able to loot boxes from other mobs, or from a FFA-like instance but without any prizes.

An interesting concept. I'm in the category you spoke about regarding chipping down and even wanting to stay down in a lower category, because my chances of having a serious shot in a higher category are very slim. However, like you said, the way M-tokens are distributed it will take me a very long time (even if I do go for a higher category and borrow winning gear) to actually earn enough tokens to buy anything worth while.
For me this Mayhem was more about "winning" than it was about the reward. That was enough motivation to make me cast away 3.2K PED TT of skills and even give some away for free. However, this concept of the personal fulfillment of "winning" is not enough to sustain me competing like that multiple times in the future. I would really like to see a system where it is worth it to compete in higher categories.
And as Oleg said, it should be possible to grind in any category you like for the strongboxes.

The potential rewards from hunting in the events, outside of event prizes, were completely disproportional too.

thats one side of the coin. There was not a single empty skill implant in 110k cycled in cat 7

9x Esi after only 11k cycled in cat 9

thats one side of the coin. There was not a single empty skill implant in 110k cycled in cat 7

9x Esi after only 11k cycled in cat 9

I don't know where you get that info from - presumably not from your own hunting as you were competing in category 4 - but it doesn't bear any resemblance to what I've heard from people hunting in categories 8-10. My guess would be that whoever told you they got those ESIs is bullshitting furiously.

I take a look at the diagram and see you want me to get 1730 more tokens, 20 pills and 400 PED.

Where do I sign ? :D

Anyway about the Tokens I voted yes, it looks fairer.

Last edited:
I don't know where you get that info from - presumably not from your own hunting as you were competing in category 4 - but it doesn't bear any resemblance to what I've heard from people hunting in categories 8-10. My guess would be that whoever told you they got those ESIs is bullshitting furiously.

Nobody told me. I saw them with my own eyes when i was sorting loot on dim. My partners account. Holds 4th place in annihlation cat 7 :)

I myself looted 3 ESI in cat 7, with I have no idea what I cycled. and I know of other players also in my cat (in my soc) that were looting ESI.

as for boxes, idk I think the box rate was proportional to hp not kills. As I looted way more boxes then some soc mates in lower cats, and they were killing way more mobs than I.

I myself looted 3 ESI in cat 7, with I have no idea what I cycled. and I know of other players also in my cat (in my soc) that were looting ESI.

as for boxes, idk I think the box rate was proportional to hp not kills. As I looted way more boxes then some soc mates in lower cats, and they were killing way more mobs than I.

The drop rate may, or may not, have been based on HP. I 'grinded' for boxes by entering Cat 2 defense where there was a guaranteed award (not a drop) after 10 waves. Repeat. This is definitely a benefit for lower cat player.

I do know after 16K+ cycled, I did not get 1 ESI. ESI's need a loot event of a minimum 10 TT to drop.

Kinda balanced out, maybe.

The drop rate may, or may not, have been based on HP. I 'grinded' for boxes by entering Cat 2 defense where there was a guaranteed award (not a drop) after 10 waves. Repeat. This is definitely a benefit for lower cat player.

Exactly, and defence was where most of the boxes came from.

Surviving a wave in category 10 (assuming you did so by killing all the mobs) cost approx. 130-140 PED. I obviously didn't get to try category 1 myself but I believe it was about 10-15 PED, for the same reward.

Back