Question: Plan for my game

PanBartus

Mature
Bartek PanBartus Komendarczuk
Hi,

I need your opinion. I tried all in this game but I want to be "professional hunter", but I need a plan for my adventure in this game/life ;) I have BLP Pistoler 13 and Laser Pistoler 12. I skill shortknife too. What should I do? I doing some iron challenges but maybe you have any suggestions. Are any good missions for hunting?

if your planning to go Melee, Fouls are front of the queue and take melee combat for all stages, that alone is 3hp and a few levels on your hit and damage skills (not counting what you gain from killing them)

The problem you will have is your evade skills will be quite poor for now, so melee will be painful to begin but give some time and your evade and hp will be way above normal for your level.

but looking forwards Rifle is the easiest route to take as you can avoid been hit at all (handgun doesn't give that buffer), just your evade skills won't raise by much in comparison, but my suggestion would be race to lvl 50 hit/45 dam to unlock Coolness, Combat Sense and Wounding, these skills will give good HP, Evade and skill boosts to all weapons. then if you want to use melee your in a far better position

No real advice but if u plan to skill up melee why not take the challenge on of hitting every 20 or lower hp mission on every planet... boring as hell but easy way to stretch peds. https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-s-Endeavors&p=3641399&viewfull=1#post3641399

If u use loot pills rifles a bad choice as range of rifle overshoots loot pill range usually. On low hp mob loot pills mixed with autotool and target next makes missions move by quickly... Makes hunting a one or two key endeavor for each mob.

Also no hits with rifle means no evade or shrapnel armor returns...

Last edited:
Depend on your goals, playstyle, budget etc no one going to spoon feed you ways to profit or anything but Wiki is a great tool, study it as much as you can but test the info there because its not all correct. Id reccomend focussing on either blp or laser pistol for now (assuming you wanna use pistols) as you will progress faster using just one and its easier to catch up later.

Go to wiki and look at all the mobs you can kill fairly easily (not two shot but comfortable, no fapping ~10-20sec max killtime) compare their loot tables and missions and select a few to grind that have good loot tables and missions that fit in with your goals, check dailies every day (if ur on caly) but dont feel obligated to do ones that are too hard or on shit tier mobs, argo cave and feff cave dailies should be done every day.

Check out other planets when your auction pages fill up or you get backed up on loot stacks on caly, ark is a decent 2nd one for newer players and repeat the tips i gave for caly. At your level there isnt a ton of good UL gear and you outgrow it rly fast so id reccomend first big purchase be an amp dante/imp a105 (depend on ur prof choice) but only once your using guns that are big enough to hold such amps and only look into ul gear ~ lvl 30 (when you start to max some tools that can at least semi compete with (L) counterparts)

Also remember for most its just a game so just do the things you enjoy the most, theres really no wrong answer (except kerbs, kerbs are always the wrong answer)

Well,

i would gather up some UL weapons.
I have an M-Ray 1000 UL handgun which is quite okay. Exceptional duration, 210 ammo and i think 42 attacks/min.
Combined with amp zinkadus from starter pack and an ares ring to get up attacks per minute due faster reload.
Further on thinking about taming is also an idea, as you can save some attacks due taming an animal.
There is also atenic ring i think which gives you better chance to tame animal faster.
UL Dominax moccassin and melee amp I is a great set, maybe also the L version but its around 130% markup, UL Dominax Moccassin one time TT+420 currently.
And taming gives additional skill in animal taming, zoology and animal lore as well. MArtial arts and melee damage assesment skill can be reached easier as by using otehr melee i had the impression.

Last edited:
melee amp I is a great set, maybe also the L version but its around 130% markup, UL Dominax Moccassin one time TT+420 currently.
And taming gives additional skill in animal taming, zoology and animal lore as well. MArtial arts and melee damage assesment skill can be reached easier as by using otehr melee i had the impression.
Moccassin is ok but very low tt max makes visits to repair terminal often with it.... annoying especially since grinding pets in to essence is manual too... Lots of visits to terminals and stables.... viper is better starter but it's lower damage... old school cobra is ok if u have a few skills. Ul Viper has about 20 usd max tt so allows longer runs than moc. Best bet is several whips. Start high damage than switch to lower to avoid killing mob

Guys trying to learn about hunting and you reccomend him to learn dead prof like taming :eyecrazy: with crappy weapon like moccasin thats like 55.4% effic :eyecrazy: and next guy reccomend level 100 whips like cobra? :eyecrazy: yikes forum is dangerous for new players.

Guys trying to learn about hunting and you reccomend him to learn dead prof like taming :eyecrazy: with crappy weapon like moccasin thats like 55.4% effic :eyecrazy: and next guy reccomend level 100 whips like cobra? :eyecrazy: yikes forum is dangerous for new players.

Yep taming is dead....

Really dead and useless

Maze hammer is on cyrene too if u want to up various melee skills with a speed buff but it's dps is a bit low....at least vs greek blades

Last edited:
There are three things that matter in hunting.

Spoiler: markup, markup and markup.

Well, and not shooting into thin air in PVP.

This seems to be the consensus advice according to rookie chat:

1. If you're not on Calypso go to Calypso.

2. Use only ranged laser rifles.

3. Do all the low level quests including Gauntlet 2x, Bukins rifle, and the first couple puny missions.

4. When finished with the noob quests go to Arkadia.

5. Do the low level quests focusing on Carabok mission.

6. Only use ranged laser rifles.

7. Repeat #5 focusing on Carabok but doing other low level missions until level 30 laser sniper hit.

8. You have now unlocked Serendipity.

9. Reevaluate.

tl;dr laser sniper focusing on puny mob missions until level 30 and Serendipity is unlocked then decide.

I think you should find a good mentor and an active society with people that will teach you and help you as you move forward. Information is very useful but no wall of text will help you find your play style.

I wish you the best of luck, remember to have fun.

This seems to be the consensus advice according to rookie chat:

1. If you're not on Calypso go to Calypso.

2. Use only ranged laser rifles.

3. Do all the low level quests including Gauntlet 2x, Bukins rifle, and the first couple puny missions.

4. When finished with the noob quests go to Arkadia.

5. Do the low level quests focusing on Carabok mission.

6. Only use ranged laser rifles.

7. Repeat #5 focusing on Carabok but doing other low level missions until level 30 laser sniper hit.

8. You have now unlocked Serendipity.

9. Reevaluate.

tl;dr laser sniper focusing on puny mob missions until level 30 and Serendipity is unlocked then decide.

Good plan, its what i recommend to my disciples. But if I catch them early enough, I also recommend closing an account and opening new one with monria as starting planet. That gives them extra benefits like free MS travels, more free starting stuff and ability to sell sweat at 2/k.

Good plan, its what i recommend to my disciples. But if I catch them early enough, I also recommend closing their account and finding a different game

There you go buddy.

FTFY (loot 2.0/deeptoken version)

There you go buddy.

FTFY (loot 2.0/deeptoken version)

Please just remove yourself from the game and forum instead of expressing the hate against MA in every thread you can find :wave:

Hi,

I need your opinion. I tried all in this game but I want to be "professional hunter", but I need a plan for my adventure in this game/life ;) I have BLP Pistoler 13 and Laser Pistoler 12. I skill shortknife too. What should I do? I doing some iron challenges but maybe you have any suggestions. Are any good missions for hunting?
I'm also pistols/knives, plus I also use Corrosive MindForce. In hindsight, and considering Loot 2.0, I say use whichever is more fun to you at the time.

Another note, I far favor (L) over UL, especially for skilling up. More convenient, and most often also better economically.

Grab a setup that fits your skills and that you enjoy using, then test different creatures/etc to find some that match your setup (less healing necessary). Enjoy the ride!

[EDITED] Oh and also, Carabok are great.

Back