Question: Armor for Iron Challenges

PanBartus

Mature
Bartek PanBartus Komendarczuk
Hi,

What a armor should I buy when I hunting monsters from Iron Challenges? Kerberos etc :)

Start by gathering a set of CDF Scout. You can get several parts for doing beginner quests and may have to trade around to complete it, which can be fun in itself. Then complete your graduation with a mentor and you get Adjusted Pixie for free. This will last you quite a while, no need to buy anything else except maybe various plates if you go after specific things. You'll find this out with experience, and with experience your goals also might shift so no need to spend much money in advance. Good luck!

You can also check out The EntropiaWiki Armor Adviser tool which I very recently updated to function accurately within the new loot 2.0 armor rules to see what works against whatever mob you're after :)

Then complete your graduation with a mentor and you get Adjusted Pixie for free....!
Not free since getting to graduation will cost u a bit... Also better option is get your a$$ off calypso before graduation to get a better looking set than ol ugly pixie. Toulan and Arkadia sets both look a lot better n pixie

Limited vs Unlimited Armor

If you haven't read that thread above, you should. Any low to mid level limited armor on the auction that is offered for less than 104% is a great option, some of the armors I often see on the auction in that price range are Bear (L), Boar (L), Thunderbird (L), Aurora (L) and sometimes you can even find some Ozpyn Beetle (L) or some Jarhead (L) for around 104% or less. Any of these armors would allow you to hunt low level mobs like Kerberos and others.

If my memory is right, CDF Scout unfortunately only has 1100 points of Durability, which makes it very expensive to use in the long run when compared to Thunderbird or Ozpyn Beetle, which have over 13,000 points of Durability.

Good luck,

Legends

Limited vs Unlimited Armor

If you haven't read that thread above, you should. Any low to mid level limited armor on the auction that is offered for less than 104% is a great option, some of the armors I often see on the auction in that price range are Bear (L), Boar (L), Thunderbird (L), Aurora (L) and sometimes you can even find some Ozpyn Beetle (L) or some Jarhead (L) for around 104% or less. Any of these armors would allow you to hunt low level mobs like Kerberos and others.

If my memory is right, CDF Scout unfortunately only has 1100 points of Durability, which makes it very expensive to use in the long run when compared to Thunderbird or Ozpyn Beetle, which have over 13,000 points of Durability.

Good luck,

Legends

:scratch2:

he's talking about hunting kerberos,
The armours you mention are far over spec-ed for kerbs.
Not to mention the high TT values.

As mastermesh said, go to Arkadia to graduate and get the adj musca. Maybe a little less impact, but it will allow hunting low lvl bots as well. It's far better allround. And not to mention the looks.
The musca will take you a long way!

You can also check out The EntropiaWiki Armor Adviser tool which I very recently updated to function accurately within the new loot 2.0 armor rules to see what works against whatever mob you're after :)

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Darkaruki again."

So sorry.... :S

But this tbh is the best tool to use for it imo, it helps loads... takes a bit of time to understand the information listed but most of it is intuitive.

:scratch2:

he's talking about hunting kerberos,
The armours you mention are far over spec-ed for kerbs.
Not to mention the high TT values.

Armours with far over spec-ed stats is a viable option now, though it requires investment peds.

Start by gathering a set of CDF Scout. You can get several parts for doing beginner quests and may have to trade around to complete it, which can be fun in itself. Then complete your graduation with a mentor, and you get Adjusted Pixie for free. This will last you quite a while, no need to buy anything else except maybe various plates if you go after specific things. You'll find this out with experience, and with experience, your goals also might shift so no need to spend much money in advance. Good luck!

Best advise ever! There are currently seven quests giving you a CDF part! So ensure to get this set asap.

Last edited:
Best advise ever! There is currently 5 quests that give you a CDF part. 2 parts you must buy.

This is incorrect. You can now get all 7 pieces via missions. No need to buy any parts unless you accidently choose an armor part you already have.

Back