Enigma Event 28/04 exploit?

Naomi

Elite
Society
Rangers
Naomi NP Polder
Enigma Event 28/04 exploit/bug?

Crazy lag and crowd at camp Icarus, but went ok so far.

But what is this shit that I hear about ppl who were able to get the next quest at 11:55 (MA time), right before the server disconnect? That sounds like an exploit, or something that went totally wrong, that is, if it is true.

Last edited:
Not sure about that but i had to wait for server to get back and then got it about 5mins early (assuming 1 full hour wait is needed)

Didn't help though, got defender mission and it took about 30 kills and 30 mins to get the frag when i normally find it after 1 or 2 kills. Guess that just fucked me. :(

Not sure about that but i had to wait for server to get back and then got it about 5mins early (assuming 1 full hour wait is needed)

Didn't help though, got defender mission and it took about 30 kills and 30 mins to get the frag when i normally find it after 1 or 2 kills. Guess that just fucked me. :(

doesn't matter in the early stages, you get the next stage 1 hr after receiving the mission, so if you get mission at 12:00 and take 2 or 50 mins, it still renews at 13:00~

got to defeat the server crashes - thats part of the puzzle - good job MA - another shiny example!

doesn't matter in the early stages, you get the next stage 1 hr after receiving the mission, so if you get mission at 12:00 and take 2 or 50 mins, it still renews at 13:00~

Just realised that a min before reading, but thx anyway.

So these first missions are basically pointless then? Really stupid event.

I repeat;

This is a total mess, and it was so predictable... :cheer:

I sent a support case to MA few weeks ago, told them to add the mission on mission terminals, for peoples to be able to get it from anywhere.
But as always they don't listen to players...

I came at Icarus 10 minutes before the start of this "silly race", for the NPC to load.
Started to click it at 09.59.59 for every seconds, then it took about 45 seconds for the mission logs to appears...

Coming for second stage, the NPC didn't want to give the mission... wait... click... wait... wtf, relog, and oh miracle it works again.
I've heard alot of peoples had to relog in order to be able to get the next stages, or even for the counter to works during the task.
Some peoples droped alot of probes, didn't get the fragment, relog, and instantly got it.

I don't even talk about all the crashes around... I crashed many times myself, and see all peoples in my FL logout/login so much times.

And what about the funny message "please logout as soon as possible"... They set a race and then ask peoples to logout...

Even if I would want to create a mess like this on purpose, I could not do better... Gratz. :tiphat:

PS: And now some peoples are able to get the mission before it's suposed to start ? :confused:

Oh, and we got another server shutdown right now... This become so ridiculous, this is almost funny... :rolleyes:

yes ofc it is laggy, but doable.

This thread is about...

people who were able to get the mission BEFORE the counter should have started, up to 5 minutes before the hour...

that is an unfair advantage that ruins the entropia player experience, and against ToU imo.

So these first missions are basically pointless then? Really stupid event.

yeah, basically you have to commit 8 hrs of your day to be ready, but the race only really starts on the last round

This thread is about...

people who were able to get the mission BEFORE the counter should have started, up to 5 minutes before the hour...

that is an unfair advantage that ruins the entropia player experience, and against ToU imo.

MA got to get their ppl to win - can't have a random ready player one!

This thread is about...

it depends if the players did something to get the 5 mins early, an exploit is doing something knowingly. i guess it depends what the final stage is, 5 minutes might make no difference

Mindark, I assume all the server resets you are now doing right around each hour is to level the field after some people could start next stage before the 60 minute mark earlier today?

There is still a bunch of people 10 minutes ahead that can take their next stage before you reset the servers though. You need to reset earlier than this or this will decide the whole event. Still time left to get it right.

Mindark, I assume all the server resets you are now doing right around each hour is to level the field after some people could start next stage before the 60 minute mark earlier today?

There is still a bunch of people 10 minutes ahead that can take their next stage before you reset the servers though. You need to reset earlier than this or this will decide the whole event. Still time left to get it right.

13-18 minutes ahead, actually. But there's no exploit, just Mindark type of random, at early stages one mission spawned sooner for some people, then the hour kept, but the resets are pushing normal people further from :00 while MA tries to bring the two groups on same time. It's not good or bad, it is what it is :)

GL to all.

Right, this makes the event unfair.

All peoples that got the mission activated at the time the shutdown are going have to wait 2 minutes more each times.

But now it's too late... It's done already.

This event is a disaster IMO.

Right, this makes the event unfair.

There's no such thing as fair events.
Also, what's that bullshit in the thread title? When someone is ahead it must be an exploit? Seriously?

Ok last chance to level the playing field correctly MA, right now a group of players are set to begin their 8/8 stage at around ~16:45. More than 15 minutes before what should be possible.

Letting everyone start their mission with a reset at let's say 16:40 is a way better solution than starting to DQ people after the event is over due to "impossible times"...

There will never be an event that everyone will consider fair.

I don't know what you're talking about... There is plenty of fair events everyday and everywhere.

But the title is "exploit?" whith a "?"
And why peoples worry about possible exploit ? Because they wants FAIR events.

Right, the fact that people get the mission few minutes before the full hour is probably not an exploit because it looks like
peoples can get it about 57/58 minutes after the last one.

And this is making the server shutdown even more unfair.
Cause peoples that got the first mission in the first seconds will get the next one 1/2 minute before the shutdown, the 3rd one 3/4 minutes before the shutdown, etc...
While the peoples that got the first one 1/2 minutes later will have to wait for the server to get back on second stage, so for 3rd one, and so for every next stages.
So to sumarize some peoples will earn 2 minutes at evry stages, whiles some other will always stay on same timing, resulting in about 15/20 minutes difference for the begining of the last stage.

Ok last chance to level the playing field correctly MA, right now a group of players are set to begin their 8/8 stage at around ~16:45. More than 15 minutes before what should be possible.

Letting everyone start their mission with a reset at let's say 16:40 is a way better solution than starting to DQ people after the event is over due to "impossible times"...

its possible it would be flagged as impossible, but with a final enigma that sounds longer, the finish time is likely after 5pm

but if its just a server glitch and good luck on their part, i can't see anything done. also it's always possible on the final stage they get a stinker and others catch up, dunno. ofc if the players are doing something to get the npc to talk earlier, then i hope its a DQ

There will never be an event that everyone will consider fair.

yeah correct, make it dps based the non ubers are unhappy, make it like batsim then the ubers rightly complain as their skills and guns are worthless. its not that the events are unfair, its that not everyone will consider it fair

would be good to have 2 major events on the dps side like now and some smaller batsim events every couple of months

This is not "impossible times".

This is what I said right before, caused by the server shutdown.

IMO, considering the mess it was, server shutdown and bugs making the NPC don't works until you relog.
That's right, a reset would be not bad.
Or MA should just admit it was a fail, cancel the event and set it for later.

But we know this will not happen right ?.. :rolleyes:

its possible it would be flagged as impossible, but with a final enigma that sounds longer, the finish time is likely after 5pm

but if its just a server glitch and good luck on their part, i can't see anything done. also it's always possible on the final stage they get a stinker and others catch up, dunno. ofc if the players are doing something to get the npc to talk earlier, then i hope its a DQ
Yes, I am not saying the players that are ahead of what should be possible should be DQ'ed, since it's an error on Mindark's part. The players did nothing wrong. But I can very well see them taking to DQ's when they see all these "impossible times" just like we recently saw in Easter Mayhem. Compared to that, a correctly leveled playing field before 8/8 starts is a way better solution, is all I'm saying.

But time is running out.

...More than 15 minutes before what should be possible.

just for my understanding, what do you mean with this?
where did it say what should and should not be possibble?

admitteldly I've yet to finish the 2nd Enigma, maybe the 3rd is different, but so far the dialogue is always like "come back in about an hour" where I found that sometimes 50~55minutes suffices - which is fair I'd say since for me 55mins is about an hour...

Yes, I am not saying the players that are ahead of what should be possible should be DQ'ed, since it's an error on Mindark's part. The players did nothing wrong. But I can very well see them taking to DQ's when they see all these "impossible times" just like we recently saw in Easter Mayhem. Compared to that, a correctly leveled playing field before 8/8 starts is a way better solution, is all I'm saying.

But time is running out.

yea setting a start time for the enigma at maybe 6pm would allow people with crashes to catch up

EWFzV.gifv

Complaining for the sake of complaining

The actual cooldown time is a tiny bit less than a full hour, so you get each next stage a bit earlier. I took the first stage at 10:07 (took a long time for Karona to load), next one at 11:05 and so on, 7/8 was ready on 15:56. I don't know why they restart the server, but the last 2 stages I took before a restart.

here is when I could take the missions app.

1 - 10:01
2 - 11:04
3 - 12:05
4 - 13:16
5 - 14:03
6 - 15:17
7 - 16:17

with exception of the 5th one, I was never able to access the npc in less then 60 minutes
I've been actively trying to get the mission from the start. Delays are not due to my side.

Last edited:
Viktoria Mellis Kareokay is the first colonist to discover ED-5 Grade 3 Key! A record has been added to the Hall

lets see how fast the enigma can be done

with exception of the 5th one, I was never able to access the npc in less then 60 minutes
I've been actively trying to get the mission from the start. Delays are not due to my side.

Same for me, always had to wait more than 1 hour.
But some peoples had to wait less than 1 hour.

viktoria mellis kareokay is the first colonist to discover ed-5 grade 3 key! A record has been added to the hall

at 16:48 ma time

shouldn't be possible right?

Last edited:
Back