PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
    Old
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Mentiol Dekarus Demex
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I legitimately only buy boxes for ammo. If I get fireworks or stims I don't like, I can convert them to ped or ammo depending on which. I've never bought 10 boxes "hoping to hit it big!" No.....never once was buying boxes a gamble, buying boxes always resulted in my intention of purchase. This argument is dumb.
    Great to see someone only viewing it from his position while at the same time taking the experiences from other people as non-relevant... not.
    Your argument is literally invalid since you fail to make any sort of point besides 'it wasn't ever for me, so it can't be the same for anyone else, all other opinions are dumb!'.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jetman View Post
    I think the difference is predatory advertising, TCGs and Baseball/Sticker albums are generally collectable games, collecting cards are part of the game. but Lootcrates are generally advertised as a way to get ahead or stand out on the battlefield as a sense of pride and accomplishment. the least resisters/easily led can fall into a the trap of feeling the need of spending to get this.

EUs boxes don't fall into this as most use it as a depositing method. but the way governments are closing in, all lootcrates will be smeared. slightly similar is diesel cars, a few companies bs their figures, the governments come down on all diesels and the diesel market collapses
    Yes, that's probably the reasoning behind it, though I imagine those games probably falling into the spotlight as a measure after that, even if it would be quite dumb to do so.
    I can understand why EU boxes will most likely fall into the illegal category with the laws as they are right now, but it needs clear guidelines still as to what is and isn't allowed, at the moment it's a bit vague still, no definite mechanics in the description, only concepts.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    James Jambon Zidane
    Society
    Virtual Legends Elite
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mentiol View Post
    Great to see someone only viewing it from his position while at the same time taking the experiences from other people as non-relevant... not.
    Your argument is literally invalid since you fail to make any sort of point besides 'it wasn't ever for me, so it can't be the same for anyone else, all other opinions are dumb!'.
    That's exactly what I was saying to myself as I read their post previously but couldn't be bothered to respond.

Watching The End Of The Universe Since 2010...

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Edgewise
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyk View Post
    I legitimately only buy boxes for ammo. If I get fireworks or stims I don't like, I can convert them to ped or ammo depending on which. I've never bought 10 boxes "hoping to hit it big!" No.....never once was buying boxes a gamble, buying boxes always resulted in my intention of purchase. This argument is dumb.

Speaking of dumb arguments.....

"Me, myself and I only buy for one reason.. So no one else can possibly use it for gambling"

I only buy alcohol to sterilise my tools at home. So that means it can not be abused by any one in any other way...
    If the stuff that comes out of my mouth upsets you, just think of all the things I keep to myself.

Wouldnt this game be exempt since basically everything in the game could be considered gambling. I mean creatures are just walking loot boxes. You depo, buy gear and ammo, then kill stuff hoping you get HoFs. How is that any different than loot boxes?

Provider
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    so stoney stoned

and what about loot v2?

It looks like loot v2 has hardly any player influence anymore. Loot v2 is kinda pure gambling. Loot v1 wasnt because that was influencable by playstyle

Mindark is playing dangerous games nowadays.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Spike Spike Black
    Society
    Entropia Directory
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dabrixmgp View Post
    Wouldnt this game be exempt since basically everything in the game could be considered gambling. I mean creatures are just walking loot boxes. You depo, buy gear and ammo, then kill stuff hoping you get HoFs. How is that any different than loot boxes?
    Hunting, mining and crafting, even if it's only a small part, require some knowledge of the game but you can open strong boxes without moving and that's where the distinction lies. Although the swirlies for hofs and aths come right out of the playbook for loot boxes, we've all gotten a rush from those and that's the point it encourages us to keep playing.

A random element is present in every game I've played that involves any of those things. Removing it would be a big issue as it would ruin EU and turn it into a mobile game with slightly better graphics.

If MA really need improve their returns then they need to concentrate on EU game content and not just the latest industry fads. Plenty of stuff to fix and upgrade, the animations and graphics are getting old and tired. Even the PP's are moving to other projects because MA aren't putting in enough effort into the core.
    "Life is an endless, relentless series of grinding disappointments" - Al Murray pub landlord.
    "You know when you're old. You walk past a night club and no one offers you a flyer" - Greg Davies.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6