Question: GFX performance?

Vagrant

Old Alpha
Society
Magnum Opus
Vagrant Arangar Melanwil
Playing another very modern and visually stunning game i get 150fps...

Playing entropia with very mediocre graphics I get 40 to 60 for most part... I am not talking about any out of the ordinary or exceptional occurrence in entropia right now ...just normal.

Why is this not a priority?

Playing entropia with very mediocre graphics I get 40 to 60 for most part... I am not talking about any out of the ordinary or exceptional occurrence in entropia right now ...just normal.

5.0 ghz overclocked 8600k, 16 gb ddr4 3200mhz, gtx 1080.

When I max everything out my rig starts roaring like it's running Crysis in '07.

I don't think it's any big secret that Entropia is poorly optimized. However if you tweak the settings I believe you can still get strong performance with minimal visual loss. I'm the wrong person to ask on the specifics though, I just play on most everything medium to low.

5.0 ghz overclocked 8600k, 16 gb ddr4 3200mhz, gtx 1080.

When I max everything out my rig starts roaring like it's running Crysis in '07.

I don't think it's any big secret that Entropia is poorly optimized. However if you tweak the settings I believe you can still get strong performance with minimal visual loss. I'm the wrong person to ask on the specifics though, I just play on most everything medium to low.

You are right, we can disable things..lower settings etc.

In most games it still looks acceptable on high or medium settings, but in entropia it mostly look like shit unless you go high or very high.

Thinking back on announcements about making it VR, seems 20 years away...seeing that current GFX is 10 years behind and does not perform on the best consumer gaming PC.

Honestly I would be ok with the current visuals for a while longer but I am missing 90 fps...

I think also something to consider is that they are still running cryengine 2... which probably lacks some engine optimisations that most current engines or versions of cryengine have.

This shit is still on direct x 9c. From the days of fucking windows XP.

My theory why this is not a priority is because it cannot be turned into a cashgrab like deeptoken, loot 2.0, compet, etc., and would take quite a bit more work than just lying to your userbase again in order to make some quick $$.

The future is nonexistent at the moment and moneygrabs are the only thing keeping them afloat.

Configured it with general quality to high but object quality to low...got 90 more fps...but yea everything is now flat and ugly as fuck..

They are apparently working on VR, I wouldn’t be surprised if that meant they needed to change things as far as engine is concerned. Would be great if we saw a huge overhaul. Has been 10 years since the last one.

Back