Society
Rangers
Naomi NP Polder
100 auction slots, lower fees

30 slots is so '90s-game...
enough said.

Why settle for 100 when we can go over 9000!!!! :yay:

unlimited slots and no fees on failure to sell for 100 ped a month

default being after top profession level reaches 15, 5 slots free, current rules apply

under level 15, 0 slots, purchases from auction only.

If you add another 1000 offers to the auction, it would mean simply that 1000 more lots would go unsold, because people wouldn't magically start buying more.

MA should give unlimited auction slots to anyone who sends in their photo in a Bernie t-shirt, so that they can learn common sense the hard way.

I am not a merchant so I don't know some of it, but it would be nice to up the amount of auction slots as well as lower the auction fees which should see more competition from people trying to sell things. I would also like to see higher storage amounts as well as 500 slots can be filled rather fast as you start collecting things.

I think it would be a good way for MA to make additional revenue by allowing merchants to get more auction slots. Start with maybe 10 Ped per extra slot and every 10 over that up it 5 Ped or something as players head to a maximum cap for auctions still. It could either be a one time fee, or like a monthly fee were after a month has passed you will loose the auction slot and have to purchase it again. Depending on the price it could be weekly as well.

It would be nice if they changed the auction fees to a % of profit over the TT value, and allow auctions to be bid on in pec as well so new players could more easily sell their hunting gains without taking such a hit. So if someone sold something for just TT value they wouldn't get penalized. I know this isn't the best idea and would probably cut into their profits, but smaller players loose a lot of Ped setting up auctions for stuff to only be sold at 100% when they might be able to get somewhere between 100-101% if it could be bid on in pec. Changing the fee to the above idea would allow smaller players to be able to post auctions instead of having to spend a ton of time either finding a merchant or just TT their small amount of loot. It possibly keep them playing more and not stopping because they are frustrated because they are loosing so much doing small hunts and trying to sell it on the auction to get a little MU back only to loose even more.

It would be nice if they changed the auction fees to a % of profit over the TT value, and allow auctions to be bid on in pec as well so new players could more easily sell their hunting gains without taking such a hit.

You have touched on some good ideas, there. Here's where I'd run with that:

-No listing fee for anything under 10 PEDs; losing half a PED on every listing item worth under 10 PEDs is too much, considering almost nothing you loot has more than 110% markup these days.

-Listing fee of 5% for all items 10 PEDs or higher; i.e. 0.50 PEDs to list a 10 PED item; 5 PEDs for a 100 PED item, etc.

-Half the listing fee REFUNDED 50% for unsold items...or possibly refunded completely.

-Number of listings per avatar is tiered, increasing with the avatar's primary skill level. As suggested before, at level 15, you'd get 10 extra listings. At level 30, you'd get 25 extra, and so on. This is a great idea because it limits the number of crap listings you'd see, and also might curtail some of the "alt avatar" reselling, because I'm guessing a lot of alts only exist to resell stuff and manipulate the market economy, and have low (or no) skills.

Last edited:
MA should give unlimited auction slots to anyone who sends in their photo in a Bernie t-shirt, so that they can learn common sense the hard way.

:lolup:.....

I think we will get a small VU this year with a few mission chains and a new mob reskinned. Fixing the auction house is in 5 years time.

100 auction slots and 10k shop slots. Sure. Bring back the 'mega shop' feature! :)
thatsashop.jpg

itemcount2.jpg

Last edited:
Certainly a reasonable request given that the number of different items in the game/loot has increased tremendously compared to 10 yrs ago.

That's a bandaid solution. What we need is better order system. We should have a seperate market system that works more like stock exchange for stackables.

We're you sell direct to an order and get exactly that markup.

Supply and demands would be more visible.

There is really no demand for like 70% of what is in auction we really don't need more slots we need to know that most stuff is tt food and seeing it in auction is as likely as getting a global.

Sided note I just remembered we used to have a stock market I don't even remember how that worked anymore that was ancient times.

That's a bandaid solution. What we need is better order system. We should have a seperate market system that works more like stock exchange for stackables.

We're you sell direct to an order and get exactly that markup.

Supply and demands would be more visible.

There is really no demand for like 70% of what is in auction we really don't need more slots we need to know that most stuff is tt food and seeing it in auction is as likely as getting a global.

Sided note I just remembered we used to have a stock market I don't even remember how that worked anymore that was ancient times.

10 years I've been saying this. RIGHT HERE is the #1 most valuable addition to this game we could possibly have. Want 47 of something but there's only stacks of 10,000 for sale? It will solve this issue! Want 10,000 of something but there's 500 auctions of 47 each? Also solves it.

I've seen this in other games and it works great, instantly understandable and SIMPLIFIES THE PROCESS OF TRADING STACKABLES. Our current auction is just lazy programming. Commodities exchanges have worked this way for hundreds of years.

Also Rex, you were my mentor in 2004. Thanks for taking the time.

Back