Enigma Keys Event Update

Ludvig|MindArk

MindArk Official
Staff member
Admin
MindArk Official
Formerly "Foeburner Nighthawk Delta"
Unfortunately, ongoing issues affecting The Enigma Keys instances have resulted in the event being paused for the time being.

The dev team is still identifying the exact nature of the issues and the best resolution to implement that minimizes impact on the integrity of the event.

A more detailed announcement will be made on Monday regarding how the event will proceed and how affected participants’ individual cases will be handled.

We regret any frustration or inconvenience caused by these issues and the disruption of the event, and appreciate your understanding and patience.

redirected......redirected.....back here. :dunce:

It was really a very interesting idea but so badly implemented. It was enjoyable, challenging, and achievable but has left everyone that participated frustrated and disappointed to some degree or other.

The question remains whether this is a real lesson learned by Mindark and the developers, or whether the community will continue to face the same issues over and over again in future (and as we have done to date).

Staying positive but have come to accept the fact, like lots of other players, that this is simply 'the way it is' with our beloved Universe!

A more detailed announcement will be made on Monday regarding how the event will proceed and how affected participants’ individual cases will be handled.

The best info you could have given under the circumstances...
THIS - almost alone - is positive, so that is what I give you credit for after a rather poor set of events.

To be honest, I don't know how you can square improved chances per run with a waiting time of 22 hours. This means that whenever the event finally finalises there will be so many competitors on a level field, that the first to finish may be pretty much random now.

My suggestion would be to reschedule for the following weekend with only a 1 hour wait or so between runs. That way, at least determined people will have a better chance than one-off attempts. If there is a way of rewarding early finishers of part one, then please do that too... (based on part one completion time or so)

We still need more info on the counter. Really unfair that others cold get some counts while others can not.

Now I need to make a trip to the store for more popcorn.

Originally Posted by ~ Cirrus ~
"Does it means that one should send a support case in order to get his mission counter corrected ?

I didn't send support case since I guessed that MA was already flooded whith it anyway."

I'd still like an answer to this. I didn't bother sending in a support case for the same reason. Neither did anyone I know, for the same reason.

Originally Posted by ~ Cirrus ~
"Does it means that one should send a support case in order to get his mission counter corrected ?

I didn't send support case since I guessed that MA was already flooded whith it anyway."

I'd still like an answer to this. I didn't bother sending in a support case for the same reason. Neither did anyone I know, for the same reason.

Yes we don't want to flood them with support cases when we know they know it's an issue but are we going to be at a disadvantage if we don't?

I'm not one to submit support cases unless absolutely necessary, ESPECIALLY when it's an issue I know MA is being flooded with. So, I sure as hell hope I'm not--nor others who showed restraint--penalized for NOT submitting a needless redundant support case.

What a total cockup. As I said before in the previous thread that was moved here, I think those that actually got into the Matrix while the rest of us twiddled our thumbs for multiple 22-hour periods of epic programming failure, should be penalized--NOT rewarded--for actually getting in "first". They should be penalized to wait the same amount of time the rest of us did, while they had a chance to experience the Matrix. :rolleyes:

I guess they can take each person's finish time, and add the 8 days 22 hours (or as appropriate) and let the event continue in that manner, then everyone is as fair as possible.

I guess they can take each person's finish time, and add the 8 days 22 hours (or as appropriate) and let the event continue in that manner, then everyone is as fair as possible.

Except the people that got a day off (work and/or family obligations) like myself, that will not be online when they "resume" the event.

:(

The minimum time for the event was 24 hours anyway, your day off would already have been used up.

The minimum time for the event was 24 hours anyway, your day off would already have been used up.

What? I completed everything and was ready to enter the matrix in 8 hours and 30ish minutes.

I hope it will be a fair solution for us all!
The enigma event was not only bugged at the matrix, before this, there was also some bugs, except they try to tell us that this is a part of the event, what i can't believe.

Example: Always kick the server down before next task of enigma 3 start. I has start at 10.00 MA time, if the event start the first time, and lost about 25 minute to task 8 about all the server shut downs, and then take longer to get the mission task.

2. Example: The block/door into the 1. part of enigma puzzle, don't open if you hit the 2 keys. But it going down for a short time, randomly, so you can go troght the door by using the fordward move key always by stay at the door. (after you selected the 2 switches) It tooke a while to find out this, so i could continue the path.

Last edited:
in the book and in the movie "Ready player one" the egg was fund after 5 years :D

I am just saying :p

yes and you had to wait 22 hours to go in, it's crazy but that is how it was designed to be.

I think you where supposed to get in right away when you got there and after 1 run completed you wait 22 h for next..

Even there is problem running in these events or even the loots are bad (on me) or the timing of events are bad for me, I still continue to contribute my effort and patience to play.

At the end, the mindset of playing every EU events is just negative. Just sharing my thoughts here.....

I'm not one to submit support cases unless absolutely necessary, ESPECIALLY when it's an issue I know MA is being flooded with. So, I sure as hell hope I'm not--nor others who showed restraint--penalized for NOT submitting a needless redundant support case.

What a total cockup. As I said before in the previous thread that was moved here, I think those that actually got into the Matrix while the rest of us twiddled our thumbs for multiple 22-hour periods of epic programming failure, should be penalized--NOT rewarded--for actually getting in "first". They should be penalized to wait the same amount of time the rest of us did, while they had a chance to experience the Matrix. :rolleyes:

It's not their fault they got in.

It's not their fault they got in.

Of course not, but the bottom line is it wasn't FAIR for the rest who couldn't get in. IMHO that somehow needs to be factored in to balance things out.

1. Have everyone who has finished the key start at the portal. Event restarts at same time of day, same day of week.

2. Redesign the "matrix" or whatever it is inside so no one has an advantage from being lucky to get in while others could not.

1. Have everyone who has finished the key start at the portal. Event restarts at same time of day, same day of week.

Looks not very faire to me...

I think the only way to make it fair is to:
1- Put all the counter to 0 for every one.
2- Define a time to start the instance individually depending on the time you finish the 8th fragment:
- first player can start at 8pm
- second player can start at 8:13pm
- third one can start at 8:22pm
... and so on
3- Send a mail to each player to give them their starting time
4- Planned a way to put cooldown to zero by support team in case of similar bug: If I have the message but cannot enter then I can open a ticket and the support reset the cooldown so I can enter within few minutes.

It might be quite difficult but in my opinion it's the only way to keep the order.
The only thing that is not taken into account is the time you spend to resolve the first instance.
But know that most people know it, I think it is quite useless to do it again.

So, don't consider the time spend in the first enigma instance as some player get the solution while some others search by themself.

Its not a good sign when they miss the specified date to make the announcement but everyone seems so used to them being late/not keeping what they say that no one even reacts anymore :dunce:

From the movies I’ve watched don’t you have to take the blue pill to enter the matrix?

From the movies I’ve watched don’t you have to take the blue pill to enter the matrix?

It looks like MA got the red pill with this Enigma event.

Its not a good sign when they miss the specified date to make the announcement but everyone seems so used to them being late/not keeping what they say that no one even reacts anymore :dunce:

Frankly, missing a Monday and managing whatever by Tuesday or Wednesday would be such a step up that probably noone even vaguely actually expected a Monday statement, even if 'promised'.
People saying they forgot to state which year is an ongoing joke for a reason, you know ;).

Anyway, waiting for the statement ...

I'm waiting for another forum redirect... :scratch2:

Wasnt there suppose to be a explanation post? All the posts were puny

Tomorrow is a bank holiday in Sweden and usually when that happens on a Thursday we take friday off too, "a long weekend"

I would expect MA to do this as well as it is the right/common thing to do, no matter what company it is in Sweden. :)

Back