Votes: 6 21.4%
  • No

Votes: 22 78.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
The last couple of days I have noticed that some of the players are herding the Snarksnots from NE of Icarus down to the hunting area around the camp ( much more often on the weekends). I can remember when I first started and knew nothing at all. Every time I got kill (which was often) my buddy and I would walk around Atlas heaven to heal enough to go back out. We really didn't know about med-kits or much of anything :). Then same things is happening to new players because I see them walking around with very little health.

Anyway what would be wrong in making the Snarksnots shared loot ? That way instead of having to run to the building everyone could help kill them and get some loot doing it. Its no fun to go out and hunt and get killed right away or have to run off.

It just a thought but it might ease some of the frustration to newer players that have low health.

I don't know if it would be a big thing to re-program them to be shared loot but I would thing so.

I see several no votes which is fine but why ? Just wondering because it seems they reek a lot of havoc when someone brings them in to the hunting area. Like I said I don't mind the no votes (Its just a question after all) and maybe there is something I am not aware of that I should know. I am not trying to start an argument just wondering.

Is it just an incident occuring the last few days or is this always a problem? Don't see why it should be shared, even more when it's just an incident.

What you may see an an intentional herding from someone super mean that wants to ruin all the fun, it was most likely a poor soul running for his/her life from mobs and got a lot of aggro by mistake. It happens all the time and even if you hunted only in swamp camps all your 10 years of the game, you just noticed? This are the reasons for why people voted no. You are not a spokeperson for newbies, you have much to learn before becoming one.

Is it just an incident occuring the last few days or is this always a problem? Don't see why it should be shared, even more when it's just an incident.
Actually it has always been a problem in the past year I have been hunting at Icarus but not really that bad and usually didn't last that long. It seems much more frequent the last month or so and that is why I made the suggestion. The big thing for me at least is the players that are doing it will be on for an hour or more and do it constantly and just ruins the fun I think. It appears to be the same couple of players (can't mention names) and it is intentional because it is NE of the puny hunting and you must good over a fairly steep hill to get to them.

i voted no, because imho noobs should learn how to survive a fuckin snarksnot (lol), before they should even think about shared loot.

sorry :girl:

i voted no as shared loot creates forced teams. all it takes is one player to follow someone hunting there and tapping the snarksnot with a TT gun and could loot a Nemesis Shin Guard or something, effectively stolen from the hunter. Some of the players in that area are extremely underhand/desperate and would happily screw over others for 2pec, just like they do with the team trick.

if someone has lured snarksnots, one of the players who likes to sit there repairing or recruiting will normally go clean up

i voted no, because imho noobs should learn how to survive a fuckin snarksnot (lol), before they should even think about shared loot.

sorry :girl:

Humm just seems a bit harsh. A new player has no armor, a TT gun that does 5-7 damage and the least snark health is 70 and does 21 impact damage. I not sure how much he can learn except how to run.

Me too sorry :girl::yup:

Last edited:
i voted no as shared loot creates forced teams. all it takes is one player to follow someone hunting there and tapping the snarksnot with a TT gun and could loot a Nemesis Shin Guard or something, effectively stolen from the hunter. Some of the players in that area are extremely underhand/desperate and would happily screw over others for 2pec, just like they do with the team trick.

if someone has lured snarksnots, one of the players who likes to sit there repairing or recruiting will normally go clean up

Actually I kind of agree with you and didn't think about that part. One thing though I have been hunting a long time and have looted 1 extreme-rare item some 4 or 5 years ago so I wouldn't be too worried about that part.

Anyway you did make a good point.

fear of big mobs is a good thing imo when you start playing. Gives you incentive to skill up and be able to kill it one day.
Dieing from a too big mob is also good, because it teaches you that this game isnt easy peasy.

Dieing from a too big mob is also good, because it teaches you that this game isnt easy peasy.

Also helps with your evade skill...something newbies need!

Also helps with your evade skill...something newbies need!

Punies Not so much. I spoke with a new player and told him if he was skilling evade that kerrbies would be better. 2 days later he PMed me and thank me for the advice and said the skilling was much faster on little bit bigger mobs. I have always found that to be true for me and him at least:)

fear of big mobs is a good thing imo when you start playing. Gives you incentive to skill up and be able to kill it one day.

I believe that to be the case also about the easy-peasy. Having said that when I first started and killing Snablesnot Male youngs that was my limit I could not kill a Snablesnot Male mat without help lol. We hunted around that shack near Atlas Haven I think it was East from AH, anyone remember what that place was called ? Just had a TT and heal and that was about all. I can't think of it for the life of me. but it was jammed most of the time back in the day. Ofc so was AH and when MA changed it it stopped and no one is there anymore the last few times I was there.

some shared loot thing might be interesting...

Back