Question about gaming mechanics (money return)

Kshahdoo

Young
So I've heard the game roughly returns around 95% of what you invest in it. But what way does it calculate your spending? I mean, if you kill mobs without them even hitting you, you'll spend almost nothing on armor repair and healing, and if the game doesn't calculate it as your spending, then there is no point to care about your armor and health like at all.

if you kill mobs without them even hitting you, you'll spend almost nothing on armor repair and healing, and if the game doesn't calculate it as your spending

If the mob hits you, you decay and is spending. If the mob doesn't hit you you spend nothing and there is nothing to calculate right?

The more you spend killing a mob (weapon, armor decay, healing decay), the higher the loot

If the mob hits you, you decay and is spending. If the mob doesn't hit you you spend nothing and there is nothing to calculate right?

The more you spend killing a mob (weapon, armor decay, healing decay), the higher the loot

So let's say I hunt traeskerons young. They are really slow, and you can bring any of 20-40 dps weapon and kill any numbers of them without being hit even once (of course, there are snargs around, which you can avoid, but mistakes and agro are still possible). Does it mean, that you should let those traeskerons hit you on purpose to get a better loot?

So I've heard the game roughly returns around 95% of what you invest in it. But what way does it calculate your spending? I mean, if you kill mobs without them even hitting you, you'll spend almost nothing on armor repair and healing, and if the game doesn't calculate it as your spending, then there is no point to care about your armor and health like at all.

Think of it this way.

You lose 5% of what you spend.

So if u spend more to kill a mob u lose more.

I think that part should be rephrased.

"...returns around 95% what you spend on hunting."
Dont mix up investing with spending.

you could maybe invest in items, hoping they will increase in value, or give you a higher return while hunting.

For example, you can "invest" in CLD's and get over 105% return.
Or you can "spend" it on hunting and get 95% average return.

If you never hunt, mine or craft, and if you really invest, you can get way over 100% returns!

This game is not only about hunting. It's a universe with way more possibilities than just autoclick mobs.

my 2p (dunno if its solid, but its how i see)
avoiding healing/armour costs will make the results less erratic.

if you kill a mob without taking an hit @ 3ped
25% loot = 75pec
50% loot = 1.50ped
100% loot = 3ped
1000% loot = 30 ped

but if you used healing and armor and cost was 3.30 (if MA add 100% of these costs to the loot)

25% loot = 83pec
50% loot = 1.65ped
100% loot = 3.3ped
1000% loot = 33 ped

i doubt many use 30pec in heals/armour. just used to show the effect, so when you factor in a 30pec increase you have

25% loot = -22pec
50% loot = -15pec
100% loot = no change
1000% loot = +3ped

when you get way more 25% loots than 100%+, using armor should not be returned in full unless you get lucky with many multipliers

Last edited:
So let's say I hunt traeskerons young. They are really slow, and you can bring any of 20-40 dps weapon and kill any numbers of them without being hit even once (of course, there are snargs around, which you can avoid, but mistakes and agro are still possible). Does it mean, that you should let those traeskerons hit you on purpose to get a better loot?
It's very likely built up so that you won't get as much back percentually from the defense costs (armor decay, healing) as you get from the offense costs.

An example, using artificial numbers;

- Offense costs: 5 ped
(ammo, weapon decay, amp decay. Costs directly related to bringing down a certain mob)

- Defense costs: 0.25 ped
(healing, armor decay etc to stay alive against said mob)

Let's assume 95% return on the offense costs: 5*0.95 = 4.75 ped
Let's assume 50% return on the defense costs: 0.25*0.5 = 0.125 ped

Total cost: 5 + 0.25 = 5.25 ped
Total return: 4.75 + 0.125 = 4.875 ped
Return %: 92.86%

If you kill the mob without taking any hits there would only be offense cost and return in play (5 ped cost, 4.75 ped loot). Less total loot (4.75 vs 4.875) compared to when taking hits, yes, but a better return % (95 vs 92.86).

It's very likely built up so that you won't get as much back percentually from the defense costs (armor decay, healing) as you get from the offense costs.

An example, using artificial numbers;

- Offense costs: 5 ped
(ammo, weapon decay, amp decay. Costs directly related to bringing down a certain mob)

- Defense costs: 0.25 ped
(healing, armor decay etc to stay alive against said mob)

Let's assume 95% return on the offense costs: 5*0.95 = 4.75 ped
Let's assume 50% return on the defense costs: 0.25*0.5 = 0.125 ped

Total cost: 5 + 0.25 = 5.25 ped
Total return: 4.75 + 0.125 = 4.875 ped
Return %: 92.86%

If you kill the mob without taking any hits there would only be offense cost and return in play (5 ped cost, 4.75 ped loot). Less total loot (4.75 vs 4.875) compared to when taking hits, yes, but a better return % (95 vs 92.86).

A person above said, MA added 100% of armor decay and heal spending to loot. Not sure, whether it was a guess or a fact.

95% don't means, that you get 95% back, also not in longterm. There are a lot other factors, affect loot and payback. 95% means, that the system totaly payback 95% to all players in total, as a group. This dont means a single player.

So the system payback 95% and save 5% for the Company. So the 95% get now splited by all players, and what the players did, and how they did it, and also maybe some random factors.

Is pretty same as shared loot on one mob. One get more as the others , depending damage you did to the shared mob.

In reality, this is ofc much more complex, how all this get shared. But the shared mob example is showing, how this basicaly work.

But.... maybe i be wrong with this... who knows, what happen behind the wall?

A person above said, MA added 100% of armor decay and heal spending to loot. Not sure, whether it was a guess or a fact.

sry typo.

and = if, if MA add

Back