Suggestion: Buff upgrades for old school weapons, tools, etc. The call for buffification...

mastermesh

Mutated
Society
Freelancer
Maria Mesh
There was a suggestion recently to sibify old school stuff.

Instead, I'd like to suggest an option to not sibify old school stuff, but to allow for old school non-sib stuff to be 'upgraded' via 'buffification.' That way players would have two basic paths to take... either choose the sib path or the buffy path. Make each old school weapon, tool, armor, etc. able to increase in various buffs as you upgrade it through a variety of upgrade steps...

This would be something besides the tier levels, that you could use to make the item more useful.

Just as rings have their various 'levels' of buffs, i.e. adjusted, improved, augmented, perfected, etc., each non-sib or old school item in game should be able to be 'upgraded' through these different levels, with new passive buffs being added to each, and the buffs should be 'something new' that isn't readily available in other forms of buffs, such as with the pets.

Tier levels should stick around after each buff improvement if possible... so items become 'better' as you upgrade them, not worse.

It also could be interesting to mix and match this with some of the newer Mindark initiatives... perhaps you can buy 'upgrade crystals' using deep token or win them in loot boxes in compets that you can then transfer over to entropia in addition to the regular old movement of pets in to the game... If some other 'Mindark game' gets created other than compets in the future, you could do more of that type of thing, sort of as a ways to allow folks to 'mine,' or at least try out the other games...

Of course for those that just wanted to play Entropia, you'd have to put methods of upgrade in game as well... perhaps some of the less than useful blueprints that exist in game now (maybe from old component I book, etc.) could be used as ingredients for the upgrades of this nature.

The upgrade options that exist currently could stay in place as alternative upgrade paths to the new options.

Added a thread about this idea over at compet forum... http://forum.competgame.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=21773&sid=12592d6be90cb30efb84d2d6cb5504d7

Suggestion there would be to allow mythic shards to move over. In compet shards are used to craft trinkets, which is basically buffed items for pets to wear similar to rings in entropia, so it would be along same idea and theme...

Last edited:
I have a question for you, how many seconds did you spend thinking about the impact this would have on the market? Suddenly half the playerbase running around with buffed unl weapons. Wheres the demand for loot to be used for crafted items then?

Besides, personally I think its complete shit to be forced to play ANOTHER game to get somewhere in the original game. We're here to play ENTROPIA. Your suggestion makes about as much sense as if you'd slide up to McDonalds and try order a Happy meal and they say "Noope you need to buy a desk from our IKEA-lookalike to get the french fries". No thank you from me. I'm on a diet now, give me those damn carrots.

Allow me to hijack this suggestion thread and suggest that there should be a minimum 1 hour "Thinking period" before people suggest shit that they will inevitable regret later and create the "THERES NO MARKUP MA! FIX THIS!" threads if implemented.

Btw, you want to suggest something useful to items? I'll help you out, you can take credit for this no worries: How about they make all L melee weapons able to use ammo so they last a little bit longer and thus stopping looting a melee weapon being worse than looting shrapnel?

I have a question for you, how many seconds did you spend thinking about the impact this would have on the market? Suddenly half the playerbase running around with buffed unl weapons. Wheres the demand for loot to be used for crafted items then?

Well, yes, this is exactly my thoughts as well, but then only for SIB-ing old school weapons as spawn suggested in the quoted thread.
If you can make all old school weapons SIB then that would instantly ruin any demand for L weapons since there are so many non sib weapons around.

But, buffing items has come to my mind as well and I did spend more than just seconds on that idea.

I think it could be an idea to add buffs to existing items. This would create a new crafting profession "Buff crafter" or whatever name. And that crafting profession could have different specialties, based on the current existing buffs. For example an "acceleration crafter"

This profession could add small buffs amount to items, the buff height random based.

So a crafter wants to make "boots of speed" and uses some nice queen stiletto's for it.
He takes the boots and puts them in the "buffer" (an item like the collorator/texturizer). He adds the needed ingredients needed for an acceleration increase. And than the process like coloring.
Depending on the lvl of the buffer tool used he can get for example a max speed buff of +10% (since he is highly skilled crafter and uses a high level tool. otherwise the max buff would be like +1% for example).
The chance that he will actually get the max 10% should be extremely small.
So the result would be 0,01%~10%.
A lvl 1 crafter could get a max of 1% buff whereas a lvl 100 crafter could make a 20% buff (be it with a very very low chance).

Of course this is just an example and the numbers and chances should be very carefully balanced to keep the value of current buff items mostly in tact.

Now, how would this benefit the economy?
Since each buff attempt would require much materials and you would need an insane amount of tries to get near the max possible bonus this could give MU a boost.

The chances should be extremely small though
Also the items that could be buffed should be carefully chosen.

But in the new era of buffs this might surely give crafting a reason again.
And yes, it will affect current items but that's something that will always happen if new things are implemented.

Let it be noted that it might (or should) take years for even the most die hard veteran to reach the needed skills to be able to make any items that could compete with the current buffed items available.
Let alone find all the needed materials or buffer tool for the attempts.

Leave the old weapons alone, if you want to use them then skill up.

I worked for years so I could use a weapon like the ML-35 and then they go an turn it into an adj ml-35 which is better and needs 30 levels less to use :mad:

Leave the old weapons alone, if you want to use them then skill up.

I worked for years so I could use a weapon like the ML-35 and then they go an turn it into an adj ml-35 which is better and needs 30 levels less to use :mad:

indeed. But what if we keep the sib - non sib out of the picture?

What if there was a possibility to just add a buff to your ML35?
Keep it non sib, but your own personal buffed weapon?

Back