ATH post 2.0?

pechunter

Old Alpha
Society
Freelancer
Lamia Majora Pechunter
Is it still possible to solo ATH (non shared mobs or event) and if so on what?. I kinda miss the volatile days when you had a resonable chance of hitting a ATH on a lv 40 mob or 20k ambu/trox. Dont get me wrong Loot 2.0 has been decent to me.

the max multiplier is 10k x so if you would spend 10 ped on an atrox young (letting it regen lots of times and use uneco weapon) u could actually ath on an atrox young.

So thats why MA is pushing so hard towards efficency :p

i would say yes its possible. but its not going to be easy.

first and foremost you have to remember there are no more no looters. this is the biggest thing affecting ATH's I believe.

remember the days of shooting 100 levis and 20 of them gave nothing. nowadays those 20 mobs will give a minimum of 2-3peds each. this I think is the biggest factor in not hitting ath's..

also the threshold has increased considerably over the years. I remember u only need around a 35k ped loot to make the list. now I think you need atleast 50k??? to get on there.

then you factor 2.0 as mentioned.

so possible, yes. but I'm thinking its gotta be a warlock or mulciber or something with atleast a 10ped minimum cost to kill. and u need a 10k multiplier, no longer will a 5k get you there on idk 90% of the mobs???

So thats why MA is pushing so hard towards efficency :p

They are not, in fact with the release of efficiency they are very strongly pushing AGAINST efficiency, ECO is now less important than ever. While it still has a small effect on loot composition, it doesn't affect loot size anymore. AKA it is FAR less important than ever.

You're ass backwards.

I think we’ve seen at least 1000x multis on larger HP mobs such as Levi and prot, even recently - which get you into the 5 digit hof.

I swear there have been a couple 3000x multis on smaller mobs.

Messi’s Brood of Warren was 27k on 2430 hp so maybe around 3kx

I think we’ve seen at least 1000x multis on larger HP mobs such as Levi and prot, even recently - which get you into the 5 digit hof.

I swear there have been a couple 3000x multis on smaller mobs.

Messi’s Brood of Warren was 27k on 2430 hp so maybe around 3kx

I’m pretty sure I had a 5k multi on mayhem spider 1. I’m not sure that will get you on ath list though.... possibly need to be on daspletor or mayhem spider 5

Is there still 10k multiplier? Have we seen one since 2.0?

I've got a hof on Sabakuma Hatchling (10 HP) with 389 Ped in Loot 2.0, I know exactly that I have killed it with one Labrys hit. So that was an 11441 multiplier.

I've got a hof on Sabakuma Hatchling (10 HP) with 389 Ped in Loot 2.0, I know exactly that I have killed it with one Labrys hit. So that was an 11441 multiplier.

Idk what the damage is with a labrys. Is there overkill there? I think 2.0 factors that in to a degree. 11k multi I don’t think exists.

Or how much ped is spent for 1 swing?

Last edited:
Idk what the damage is with a labrys. Is there overkill there? I think 2.0 factors that in to a degree. 11k multi I don’t think exists.

Or how much ped is spent for 1 swing?

Labrys dmg is 7-14, so you will overkill that mob most of the time.
One swing is 3.4 pec

Labrys dmg is 7-14, so you will overkill that mob most of the time.
One swing is 3.4 pec

I did some b101 farming on puny defenders around fort sifilus, for my disciple. my knife does 121 dmg per swing
I don't know the hp of these puny defenders but its extreme overkill. I did get 3x b101, 5x azuro, and 5 rubios and some rocketlaunchers and 2 globals of around 13 ped. end result was profit.

I did some b101 farming on puny defenders around fort sifilus, for my disciple. my knife does 121 dmg per swing
I don't know the hp of these puny defenders but its extreme overkill. I did get 3x b101, 5x azuro, and 5 rubios and some rocketlaunchers and 2 globals of around 13 ped. end result was profit.

There you go, its statistically unbiased proven that overdamage is the way for prosperity ;)

You got me curious here.
So i went to sisyphus with my spirit + dante (92 dmg) and (just) 40 ped ammo.
The first 35 ped of ammo I shot using a 4 dmg finisher, getting next to no overkill.
2 spirit shots usually leaves just a sliver of health on the defenders.
Did not loot a single item.

Then with my last few shots I didnt use the finisher and just shot 3 times, so getting around 50~90 overkill.
First mob I heavily overkilled gave a 36 ped global (including full TT LLC1).
Then nearly each kill with huge overkill gave me an item.
With the last 40 ped (without finisher) I looted 6 B101's, 6 Azuro's, 6 lanceheads and 2 EP2's.

So, first 40 ped without overkill using a finisher, not a single item.
The last 40 ped with overkill without finisher, 20 items.

Now I know it's just a small sample size, but this seemed quite extreme. :scratch2:

You got me curious here.
So i went to sisyphus with my spirit + dante (92 dmg) and (just) 40 ped ammo.
The first 35 ped of ammo I shot using a 4 dmg finisher, getting next to no overkill.
2 spirit shots usually leaves just a sliver of health on the defenders.
Did not loot a single item.

Then with my last few shots I didnt use the finisher and just shot 3 times, so getting around 50~90 overkill.
First mob I heavily overkilled gave a 36 ped global (including full TT LLC1).
Then nearly each kill with huge overkill gave me an item.
With the last 40 ped (without finisher) I looted 6 B101's, 6 Azuro's, 6 lanceheads and 2 EP2's.

So, first 40 ped without overkill using a finisher, not a single item.
The last 40 ped with overkill without finisher, 20 items.

Now I know it's just a small sample size, but this seemed quite extreme. :scratch2:

ive done quite a few of them and all with the same gun with near to zero overkill. there is the typical bullshit wave loot again at work. i get no item for half an hour and then every fucking item they can drop drops for like 5 to 10 mins and then its back to nothing again. you just switched tactics at wave change.

ive done quite a few of them and all with the same gun with near to zero overkill. there is the typical bullshit wave loot again at work. i get no item for half an hour and then every fucking item they can drop drops for like 5 to 10 mins and then its back to nothing again. you just switched tactics at wave change.

Yeah perfectly possible, so Ill give it another few attempts.

*edit*

Yes, it was clearly a case of a wave that struck me during my switch of tactics.

Did an 80 ped run, just overkilling, same setup.
In total just 2 azuros's with a 60% (or a little more) return run.
So, total crap.

*edit 2*
Another 80 ped run, not single item. around 90% return.

Last edited:
Yeah perfectly possible, so Ill give it another few attempts.

*edit*

Yes, it was clearly a case of a wave that struck me during my switch of tactics.

Did an 80 ped run, just overkilling, same setup.
In total just 2 azuros's with a 60% (or a little more) return run.
So, total crap.

when people dont get bored to easily they could just take a very eco gun, go to that spot, kill one mob every minute or 30 seconds and as soon as an item drops put out the huge gun one shotting them all and make profit. its boring as hell, its abusing the badly designed system and its fucking over all other people hunting there for markup because the stuff you get they cant get (as its usually a fixed amount of items to drop in each wave).

so all in all: if you dont get bored easily and you wanne abuse the system and be a dick its quite easy to profit :)
well designed MA

Thread has gone from 'ATH post 2.0' to 'puny defenders' in less than 2 pages.

Guess that answered it.

Next!

:wtg:

Thread has gone from 'ATH post 2.0' to 'puny defenders' in less than 2 pages.

Guess that answered it.

Next!

:wtg:

Right. Oops, guess that was a bit off topic I guess.

Ah well, at least I can confirm I didn't get that ATH from a defender. :tongue2:

Back