What are your overall TT returns since 2018?

Sub-Zero

Elite
Society
Classified
Sub-Zero The Killer
Post below if you wish I'm curious. Here's mine.

Code:
Total Ammo	  Total Offense	Total Defense	Total Cost	  Total Loot	  Total TT RR %
20,284.74 PED	84,136.08 PED	1,246.77 PED  105,667.59 PED  98,410.43 PED       93.13%	
Total TT Return: 
-7,257.16 PED
Ammo %	Offense %	Defense %				
19.20%	79.62%	          1.18%

Last down-period took 57187.45 ped cycle to get one profit run 100.32% (+12.35 ped)
On a period of the last 2.5 months. (Note that i barely played at all during April, was so demotivated to hunt).

I spread the hunt during 1-2 days sometimes more days if loot is really bad, usually only count costs/loot return after around 3k-5k ped (sometimes 8-10k).

This year setup: Calytrek spirit mk.I + Dante, switched around february to songkra, used ADJ Maddox IV for around 25k ped - switched back to songkra - Maxed Arcspark (main weapon).

Ring: Improved Ares.
Fap: Adjusted Restoration chip +
Modified EK-2350 (used Mod 2600, past 2 months).

Pre- loot 2.0 I was at around 96% TT return...

So the point of this thread, fill my curiosity. See if there is something I can improve. Also most importantly, see if this is actually normal nowadays...

So feel free to post general info about your overall hunting log this year, it will be greatly appreciated. :)

since i started tracking closer in december of 2017, i am avg return 95.58% on 115k cycled.

was mostly ar-matrix weaps, bp-45,50,55... and some bc 45s. only other UL weaps were adj maddox and adj mk2. healing was adj resto mostly.

Well, I left back in October out of frustration with the way certain things were going and only started playing sparingly again in mid April so my numbers are low currently but sitting close to you return wise:

Output (Ammo/repairs): 14970.79
TT Return: 13878.66
Return %: 92.7 %

Used a variety of weapons w/associated amps (Vincent DPS LR37 TEN, Mayhem Scintillator Azure, A-3 Justifier Mk.II Adjusted, Corrosive Attack Nanochip V TEN Edition- whatever I felt like hunting at the time), Adjusted Resto chip to heal, usually no armor but if i did it was either Rascal or MMOWC depending on the mob.

I only tracked hunting returns for four days this year (an expedition to CP to kill little over 1k small kreltin).

The tax is 4.50%.

In: 5514.46
Of which defense: 30.56 (0.55%)
Out: 5053.49 (91.64%)

I recovered more than half of tt loss from MU.

This happened right on the heels of a 3.5k caperon young though (ok ok, I know there's no personal loot pool and all that :)).

From 17.09.2017 till 02.05.2018

Burned 181302,15
Total loot 167982,34

TT return 92,65%
TT return -6155,01

since i started tracking closer in december of 2017, i am avg return 95.58% on 115k cycled.

was mostly ar-matrix weaps, bp-45,50,55... and some bc 45s. only other UL weaps were adj maddox and adj mk2. healing was adj resto mostly.

That's quite high TT return. Do you always finish a run no matter how bad the run is going? Is that TT return or inc. MU?

Well, I left back in October out of frustration with the way certain things were going and only started playing sparingly again in mid April so my numbers are low currently but sitting close to you return wise:

Output (Ammo/repairs): 14970.79
TT Return: 13878.66
Return %: 92.7 %

Used a variety of weapons w/associated amps (Vincent DPS LR37 TEN, Mayhem Scintillator Azure, A-3 Justifier Mk.II Adjusted, Corrosive Attack Nanochip V TEN Edition- whatever I felt like hunting at the time), Adjusted Resto chip to heal, usually no armor but if i did it was either Rascal or MMOWC depending on the mob.
About the same as mine, with similar setup. Ty for sharing.

About the same as mine. Ty for sharing.

I only tracked hunting returns for four days this year (an expedition to CP to kill little over 1k small kreltin).

The tax is 4.50%.

In: 5514.46
Of which defense: 30.56 (0.55%)
Out: 5053.49 (91.64%)

I recovered more than half of tt loss from MU.

This happened right on the heels of a 3.5k caperon young though (ok ok, I know there's no personal loot pool and all that :)).
That's nice, but too small sample size to give a good enough statistic, thanks though.

From 17.09.2017 till 02.05.2018

Burned 181302,15
Total loot 167982,34

TT return 92,65%
TT return -6155,01
Again really similar to mine, mind sharing what is your setup? Though one thing doesn't seem right, according to my math.
167982.34 - 181302.15 = -13,319.81 TT return, is the TT return -6155,01 with MU involved? If so it's quite a lot of MU (7164.8 MU) with that TT return you should have 96.60% TT return.

96.2% , so it's quite good :D

96.2% doesn't say the whole story though, how much have you cycled to reach that 96.2%? Would be interested in your setup as well.

Really appreciate it guys, any others who wanna share their overall TT returns.
I am very interested in seeing more. Maybe the new norm is around 92-93% TT return, unless you have very high eco weapons, best rings, and using a ton of pills etc.

That's what I'm trying to figure out.

96.2% doesn't say the whole story though, how much have you cycled to reach that 96.2%? Would be interested in your setup as well.

that's just the return MA told me i had this years. They didn't say how much ped cycled it has been.

Anyway, since November 2017:
17687,8 spend - 16993,72 looted - return 96,08% return
Setup:
Armatrix LR-20 (L) + Shack-a-Lacka laser amp MK-II (L)
Smallfry-1 laser rifle (L)
and another even lower damage gun usually from TT as finisher.

Last edited:
Now we get at the last topic i created....not enough markup :p and for noobs my thread was about higher cost per day 10-15k.

TT Cycled = 40569.87
TT Return = -1825,49
Return in % = 95,51 %
Total MU = 3924,67

I used mostly Lacerating Nanochip IV (UL) together with Kinetic Amp II (UL) and hunted small mobs (50-150 hp).
During Eastern Mayhem I used some limited Lacerating Chips (VIII and IX).

I don't track my tt returns (anymore) unless I want to learn something in a specific context. But the playtime I get out of a depo is a very palpable measure. Currently I'm not making the threshold to get over the dynamic. They may have published pretty numbers and said it got cheaper to play, but the truth seems to be that this is reached only at a higher level of contribution than before. Yet I'm not inclined to change my spending habits, which has consequences. I also have doubts whether this serves to retain new players.

Again really similar to mine, mind sharing what is your setup? Though one thing doesn't seem right, according to my math.
167982.34 - 181302.15 = -13,319.81 TT return, is the TT return -6155,01 with MU involved? If so it's quite a lot of MU (7164.8 MU) with that TT return you should have 96.60% TT return.

Sorry, my mistake, tt return is -13319,81,

-6155 was after mu which contains mainly boxes, some small esis but also a lot of oils mu, some shrooms from Marci and Caperons, some outputs from Merry Mayhem when spiders was dropping them and the price was like 150% so I just save them and sell on Easter Mayhem for 200+%.

My setup is Viceroy/Mahketa +5B/6A, standard L faps T15,T20, UR125.
Wepons: Songkra+Trauma, LR-45, SB-45, BC-45+A106+P20 so regular stuff, nothing special. However the guns Im counting for tt not for Mu so probably Im not too accurate in those returns, you need to add like -1 or -2k for guns which I used.

TT - sub 100%
TT+MU - over 100%

TT cycled - over 400k

High efficiency gear + Looting skills fully maxed = 99% in TT returns (?)

"High efficiency gear + looting skills maxed = 99% in TT returns" (?)

This is my reasonable guess/hypothesys (nothing more, nothing less), made after having examined some "clues" from MindArk, plus the results posted here, and the recent results of an uber grinder -Girtsn- just after the introduction of looting skills (he has quite high looting skills).

The "99% in TT returns" would mean in fact 99.99% TT, if we imply a mere full shrapnel loot (shrapnel has a 101% conversion factor, so 101% of 99% is 99.99%).
If we include the Markup of the various looted items, we have a profiting player, and -at the same time- a sustainable, reasonable, economic balance for MindArk.

Useful Clues :

1) MindArk data posted at the end of 2017, some months before the introduction of looting skills :
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?300259-Developer-Notes-14-Loot-2-0-Update

09-27-2017, 21:54 #1
Bertha Bot

Post Developer Notes #14 - Loot 2.0 Update

One of MindArk’s primary long-term goals is to make Entropia Universe as affordable and entertaining as possible for all participants. Toward that end, MindArk is continually experimenting with various adjustments to in-game systems, with an eye toward lowering cost to play while maintaining a reasonable level of revenue that enables continued development and marketing of Entropia Universe.

Reductions in Cost to Play
On September 11th, we initiated a temporary test in which the MindArk fee for hunting was lowered significantly.

In the long term, we hope that a lower MindArk fee will result in increased overall activity and new participant retention, and thereby compensate for the lower short-term revenue.

Early data show positive results from those experiments:

Hunters with turnover of more than 50000 PED since Sept. 11 have enjoyed returns of 98.6% on average.

Hunters with turnover between 10000 and 50000 PED since Sept. 11 have enjoyed returns of 97.05% on average.

Charlie|MindArk , in the same thread, page 5 :
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...t-2-0-Update&p=3606998&viewfull=1#post3606998

+"Efficiency directly affects average TT return by 0-7%"

+"The amount of turnover isn't very relevant to the average return or volatility in return for any individual player.
To reach a stable average return it's really the amount of loot instances or creatures killed that matters.

As an example, if a player kills 2 Sand Kings spending about 5000 PED to do so the expected loot returned on those 2 kills can vary greatly.
If instead killing 200,000 Punies also about 5000 PED the expected loot return is going to be very close to the expected average of 96%+ seen in the 2017 group.

The reason turnover is chosen as the metric to present these statistics is because number of kills doesn't really say much about which level of players are in which category, since anyone can kill a large number of mobs if they are small enough."

+"As mentioned in a previous answer, the most important part for stable returns is the amount of kills or loot events not the amount of turnover.

Most new players have very low turnover but hunt mobs like punies and therefore kill a large amount of mobs, like 1000 as you mentioned. This does produce results pretty close to the average for most new players."

+"These statistics also do not include any loot that was paid as tax on land areas, so the returns are actually slightly higher than stated here."

2) Girtsn, an uber grinder, with High Efficiency gear, and High Looting skills (not maxed, but high) posted his results before and after the introduction of looting skills :

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...6-and-beyond&p=3643545&viewfull=1#post3643545
"TT return with Imk2 did improve to ~ 98% TT - but not using imk2 at the moment, see the first post of the thread for used equipment"

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...6-and-beyond&p=3637774&viewfull=1#post3637774
"March 2018 = +21,434 hunting (102.45% tt)"

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...6-and-beyond&p=3643476&viewfull=1#post3643476
"April 2018 = +4,356 hunting (98.24% tt)"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So here comes my reasonable hypothesys :
"High Efficiency gear + Looting Skills maxed = 99% in TT returns"
:)

Paul

Last edited:
Reactions: San

What if it works like Evader, i.e. you're good if your profession level is at or above the mob's danger level rating. Does anyone have numbers which could show a difference there? Ideally the comparison would be between mobs of equal hp (=cost to kill) but different L-rating, with the looter's prof level in between both L-numbers. And same gear used for both, of course. Hm, off to searching if such a setup can be realistic...

For 2017, January until loot 2.0, I was 2100 tt loss (tt in included almost 10k emhancers with MU).
I ended the year with a 21k tt loss. 1.7 mil total in (whole year), 98.8% return(whole year).
My return post loot 2.0 was 93% in the first 2 months then I gave up on hunting until mayhems.
Return post loot 2.0, for 2017 (20june-dec) was 96%.

Hunted too little this year, tested too many things, results are disappointing.

Last edited:
I started my log on June 20th 2017, the first day the 2.0 update went live.

~130K PED cycled
93.42% TT
94.30% +MU
169 GLOBALS
810 HOF Allophyl highest loot

Ar LR-10
A-3 Adjusted (bought JAN 2 2018)
105 Adjusted
Ares Improved

Each of your pieces of data is refreshing in a weird way, I see the game is performing similarly for many of us. My hunting stats show a loss of ~$900 USD, while I have depo'd ~$1300 USD since the start of this log. The $400-ish remaining I believe is a combination of my A-3 purchase, travel fees, TT input for the Mission Galactica chain, and pills. I have been depo'ing through boxes and I think I will stop that practice moving forward so my data is more accurate.

I very much enjoy this game, have been playing off and on at a modest rate of cylce since 2012. I believe the enjoyment I receive is worth my time and support of this universe. I also recognize there is still more I could be doing to improve my returns, specifically in the market (TT'ing too often for example) and hunting tactics. I also never expect to profit from this game.

All things considered, and the fact that my largest losses have been relatively recently, think I'll take a break for a bit.

Last edited:
I started my log on June 20th 2017, the first day the 2.0 update went live.

~130K PED cycled
93.42% TT
94.30% +MU
169 GLOBALS
810 HOF Allophyl highest loot

Ar LR-10
A-3 Adjusted (bought JAN 2 2018)
105 Adjusted
Ares Improved

Each of your pieces of data is refreshing in a weird way, I see the game is performing similarly for many of us. My hunting stats show a loss of ~$900 USD, while I have depo'd ~$1300 USD since the start of this log. The $400-ish remaining I believe is a combination of my A-3 purchase, travel fees, TT input for the Mission Galactica chain, and pills. I have been depo'ing through boxes and I think I will stop that practice moving forward so my data is more accurate.

I very much enjoy this game, have been playing off and on at a modest rate of cylce since 2012. I believe the enjoyment I receive is worth my time and support of this universe. I also recognize there is still more I could be doing to improve my returns, specifically in the market (TT'ing too often for example) and hunting tactics. I also never expect to profit from this game.

All things considered, and the fact that my largest losses have been relatively recently, think I'll take a break for a bit.

Prior to Jan 2018, post loot 2.0, I was around 97%.

2018 has been very low in terms of return.

bumping this incase there are others who missed it or also want to share stats :)

year to date:

ammo/decay: 49,952.5131
loot tt value : 48,754.23 (97.65%)

skills: 72437.3884

2018, first half of the year:

Hunting w/o healing – 85.7375% TT returns
All activities combined – 84.8157% TT returns

Small-fry player, all activities on Calypso only

:dunno:

Back