EntropiaForum interviews Strakkan

MindBuster

Forum Founder, Administrator
Society
Freelancer
Werty MindBuster Someone
EntropiaForum Interviews Strakkan
[wrap=right]https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/images/newspics/strakkan1.jpg[/wrap]
EntropiaForum has interviewed the well-known and highest skilled miner in Project-Entropia, Strakkan, member of the famous mining society "Project Asylum Corp", [PAC], we asked him about his mining habits and his success.

EntropiaForum: Can you tell us a little about yourself ?

Strakkan: My avatarname is Per Strakkan Kollebolle and Per is also my firstname in real life. Im a 38 year old gamer from Sweden.

EntropiaForum: When did you start to play project-entropia ?

Strakkan: I started just after Christmas 2002. I was a bit curious about mmorpg's in general and when I read about Project-Entropia the concept attracted me and I decided to try.

EntropiaForum: When did you decide that mining was the right profession for you ?

Strakkan: First week or so I ran around and tried to kill anything ingame. I met a player just north of Jason Centre who were mining. He hit a few claims and it looked kinda easy so I deposited a few bucks and bought mining gear. The excitement of mining got to me at once and I knew this was my thing to do.

EntropiaForum: Do you remember your first mining global ?

Strakkan: Yes. It was 79 peds of gold in the forrest between Fort Ares and Jason Center. I spent my first 6-7months mining in that area btw. Lyst sold @ high % at the time and skills raised fast from mining it. I got my first vast deposit in that forrest as well. 750 peds of gold and made my first apperance on ATH list. Stayed there for a couple of weeks until game went gold.

EntropiaForum: What kind of equipment do you currently use ?
[wrap=left]https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/images/newspics/strakkan2.jpg[/wrap]Strakkan: I use Orefinder 05 , improved excavator, MD-05 and matterdriller 04. Another aspect on my relative success in mining is that I have good armor ( shadow, angel , eon ) and a mod. merc. which enables me to mine just about anywhere with no fear of too hard mobs.

EntropiaForum: How many bombs and probes do you bring on a single mining trip ?

Strakkan: I always bring 270-300 bombs and 100 probes.

EntropiaForum: How many bombs and probes do you estimate you have been using since you started mining till now ?

Strakkan: Hmm... Id say I average 450-500 bombs/probes on a playday and prolly have played around 950 days by now so it should be just short of half a million....

EntropiaForum: How many "Ubers" have you had, vasts, enormous, rich deposits ?

Strakkan: I had 1 rich and 11 vast uptil now. Our society is gifted with talented miners though and for example Zefram has had 12 vast to date.

EntropiaForum: Are you a hunter too or do you only shoot the creatures that gets in your way when mining ?

Strakkan: Normally I shoot what gets in the way but in periods I have been hunting more regularely as well. My best loot to this date is a Neconu provider worth +3300 peds, with 3 Eon-armor parts in it. That loot was a result of 2 weeks intense hunting in 1 specific area.

EntropiaForum: Do you have other professions like crafting or tailoring, as a side hobby ?

Strakkan: I crafted for a while but when craftingsystem changed I kinda lost interest. Mining was offcourse my mainthing during this time also.

EntropiaForum: What have been your most exciting experience in project-entropia ?

Strakkan: Well... I must say that the Neconu-hof is hard to beat. It was one of the most valuable hofs at the time with Eon-armor being released just a few weeks before it. It also contained the very first set of female and male Eon thighs.
The newly found rich deposit was offcourse a real thrill as well....my first guess was for it to hopefully break 3000 peds in size....it ended up well over 4k.

EntropiaForum: Do you have any advices for other players that might want to start mining ?

Strakkan: The obvious first advice is to get mining skills up fast. Mine lysterium and belkar. It raises that skill fast and is easy to sell at a good %. Miningskill influences how many stones you can pull up from each click with excavator so the more you got the more ore you gonna get from each claim you find.
Another thing is to bring enough bombs/probes on each trip. You gotta dare a loss to win. Anything below 100 bombs is too little as it can take 50-60 bombs to find that rich field which brings home the profit.

EntropiaForum: We hear that you recently became a Father in real life, Congratulations, was it a boy or a girl ?

Strakkan: Thanks alot :) . It was a little boy named Erik !

EntropiaForum: Will you teach your child how to mine in Project-Entropia when He grows up ?

Strakkan: If Project Entropia still is around in 8-10 years I surely will. A highly skilled avatar in a game like this can actually be something to pass on to future generations ;) ...

Thanks alot to Strakkan for taking the time to answer our questions.

-MindBuster

Last edited:
strakkan said:
I got a lil correction to do. Zefram has found 12 vast and I have found 11. This time my memory failed me in a positive way though ;)

I'll edit the interview :)

And +rep ;)

yeah thats was an interesting read thanks, lets hope there are more to come :D

Cool, nice interview ! :D

I liked the "passing avatar on to generations" :)

Thank you for grating us with this pleasant interview.
My best regards.

Yeah really nice interview. It was good that it contained some tips :)

Really nice interview, you should get the author to sign (more evidently) each one. I know MB does most of them, but since they are so good, might be a good idea :)

Greetz

Edit: saw the signature only after editing this post but might be a good idea to make it bigger :p

Last edited:
Gratz on the kid, Strakkan, GL. :)

Nice interview, not only is a big miner, is a great socmate.
Thx for sharing your time :grouphug:

Oh how nice you named your boy after me! :D

good interwiev

kewl to know, i like the interwievs, get the reporter Skam out on a few jobs ;)

thxs for sharing ...

very nice interview... although I never mine, it was interesting reading it :)

nice interview! :)

Great interview, thanks for sharing some information.

Do you give introduction courses 101? I'd pay for that ;)
I'm a noob miner and find it most interresting.

mining

The only place that I know of to buy mining equipment is at the TT terminal which only sells what there is mentioned in there.

Where does one purchase the upgraded ore finder and extractor that is mentioned in the talk interview
I do not see them anywhere in Calypso or for that matter in Auction :dunce:

Last edited:
letterman211 said:
The only place that I know of to buy mining equipment is at the TT terminal which only sells what there is mentioned in there.

Where does one purchase the upgraded ore finder and extractor that is mentioned in the talk interview
If nothing is presented in auction try asking around in citys if anyone is selling.

letterman211 said:

Check under tools, on auction. ;)

Nice interview :thumbup:
Never met Strakkan, but somehow i always thought he was Norwegian? Per Strakkan Kollebolle sounds so Norwegian sort of :)

would be cool if i didnt have to run away from animals everytime i mine.. i need armor like that.. keep getting attacked by 20 mobs+.. sometimes they are more.. and i can try to kill with a maddox but i will end up dieing so i run them away from claims.. its alot fun (NOT)

Goddie :D Nice reading

:king:

WoW, it was realy interesting to read this interview!

I have one more question... i have only tried mining (only one HOF..), but i was thinking that good mining places is only there where are lots of mobs... is it true or false? Is there any mining place without mobs, or only small mobs???

And one more thing, maybe you could teach me to mine? (don't believ it could happen, but why not to try :))

Thx in advance,
Gala

Zarg said:
WoW, it was realy interesting to read this interview!

I have one more question... i have only tried mining (only one HOF..), but i was thinking that good mining places is only there where are lots of mobs... is it true or false? Is there any mining place without mobs, or only small mobs???

And one more thing, maybe you could teach me to mine? (don't believ it could happen, but why not to try :))

Thx in advance,
Gala

Hi Zarg !

One interesting idea could be that if a area is heavily infested by mobs maybe that area is hard to mine and therefore full of ore....who knows ;) .

I dont give mininglessons im afraid. Time is hard to find for me atm with kids and all so the little time I have goes to dropping bombs.

Back