Trying to come back...

Galadea

Alpha
Society
The 3-Toed Sloths
Galadea Gala Durutti
I stopped playing Entropia post VU10. I used to hunt a bit, but my heart was in mining. Back in the day I used to profit from mining, because I mostly mined high markup ores. Some enmatter, too, because there were some high markup enmatters which could be farmed easily. The fun in mining for me was that it required a certain level of knowledge to be successful but the activity in itself was pretty monotonus, hasslefree and easy going. Especially the last part changed completely.

When I recently logged in and started mining I tried it the old way and at my favorite spots. But I couldn't find any relaxing mining spot, either there were millions of mobs, millions of hills or no ressources at all. Especially the hills are a huge hassle. Sometimes I did fall off and was killed by the damage, sometimes I slided down but got stuck in the hillside and had to teleport out, etc. After four hours I dropped 50 bombs...

I though maybe I am doing something wrong and i need to get a vehicle. So i bought one but instead of reducing the hassle it even made everything more complicated and elongated. Press key to spawn vehicle, find a suitable place to spawn your vehicle, enter vehicle, fly up, move, land and start mining...after a few runs my droprate of bombs still was very very low, I just covered more space and the problems with the silly amount of hills persisted.
Currently mining is zero fun for me. It is more about micromanaging your vehicle, travelling around for ages, trying to not get stuck, etc.

So my question is: How do you mine today?

I though maybe I am doing something wrong and i need to get a vehicle. So i bought one but instead of reducing the hassle it even made everything more complicated and elongated. Press key to spawn vehicle, find a suitable place to spawn your vehicle, enter vehicle, fly up, move, land and start mining...after a few runs my droprate of bombs still was very very low, I just covered more space and the problems with the silly amount of hills persisted.
Currently mining is zero fun for me. It is more about micromanaging your vehicle, travelling around for ages, trying to not get stuck, etc.

maybe get a hoverpod?
It goes over all terrain, can take pretty steep hills and you can spawn it nearly everywhere.

Best would be the MK3 but that one is hard to find.
Maybe just start with the free one:
http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Vehicle&name=Exploration_Hoverpod_(L)

An alternative could be the spear, but this one is a bitch to drive, although it can climb near vertical cliffs.

I stopped playing Entropia post VU10. I used to hunt a bit, but my heart was in mining. Back in the day I used to profit from mining, because I mostly mined high markup ores. Some enmatter, too, because there were some high markup enmatters which could be farmed easily. The fun in mining for me was that it required a certain level of knowledge to be successful but the activity in itself was pretty monotonus, hasslefree and easy going. Especially the last part changed completely.

When I recently logged in and started mining I tried it the old way and at my favorite spots. But I couldn't find any relaxing mining spot, either there were millions of mobs, millions of hills or no ressources at all. Especially the hills are a huge hassle. Sometimes I did fall off and was killed by the damage, sometimes I slided down but got stuck in the hillside and had to teleport out, etc. After four hours I dropped 50 bombs...

So my question is: How do you mine today?

First of all welcome back to this universe :)

Todays mining is nearly the same as it was in the past....but the areas,spawns etc many things were redesigned,changed etc...

so you might explore the area again,check other areas,check little big mining log for maps for special ore/enmatter

Some ppl mine per foot , some do it like you with vehicle (land,drop bomb,fly..land..etc),some hunt also where the mine...

Some even went to other planets,foma,arkadia underground etc with amps....many options here...

Take your time ,you will find your own way then...

Here some small tips:

Try to find your own nice places, about not every place is same for every avatar. My good places can be very bad for you and visa versa.

Claims are some times like clusters (cluster = a lot claims at same place with smal distances between)

So, if you find a claim, drop some more bombs around it, if it give a hit more, continue, as long you can find claims on that place.

Use a good standart finder like 105 or 106.

Don't gamble and wast peds on amps, except you be sure what you do!

A good stock of peds like 1-2k, let you stock up materials, so you have better amounds for selling.

Once you find some nice places, visite all this places in a turnus, ever and ever. But you need to wait some days, before you visite it again. Some places regen faster, some take longer, so you need to find out the right turnus for visite again.

Always have some weapons and ammo at you, so you can prodect your mining claims from creatures. Or make the way clean so you can drop probes. Vehicle mining is bad, about you told it right, the hitrate decrease on some matter.

Back