PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources

Just wondering if I'm the only one who noticed....

Ever since the Deep Token Promotion ended, I noticed a change in my weapons (mostly melee use). It is taking more ped to keep my sword repaired and I'm killing less mobs. EX. with a Laconian sword, I can usually kill 8 or more Lvl 2 Megamouth mobs on RT before repair and now in the last couple of weeks since the Deep Token ended, I am lucky if I can do half of that. That was on RT but it seems that if I go to another planet, at some point, I get knocked out of the game (which means as a result, my game has been "reset") and if the problem wasn't there before the "reset" is is definitely there afterwards. I don't consider it a glitch and I know a few people I have asked this question of have also noticed "the added ped issue and killing less mobs" to keep their weapons (ranged or melee) actively in use.I also noticed that my ratio for mining finds over the last several weeks is at the level I was when I was about lvl 10 miner ( which I am now lvl 32) for both outdoor and indoor mining.

So, who else has noticed this? Is MA really that close to bankruptcy that they have to drain the players ped purse so dry that they can't even afford to play anymore and get a fraction of loot in hunting or mining they know they should be getting? Seriously, if Deep Token or any of the other improvements are supposed to be profitable, why would they have to take more from the in game players? Several people I know who were larger depositors quit the game or dropped the amount of time they will put into EU. If people suddenly stop playing and selling off a large part of their resources/tools, EU is losing out in the short and long run.

So, if any of the above has been you as well, feel free to add your story here too...

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Evey Eve Everglades
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Zarnia View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ever since the Deep Token Promotion ended, I noticed a change in my weapons (mostly melee use). It is taking more ped to keep my sword repaired and I'm killing less mobs. EX. with a Laconian sword, I can usually kill 8 or more Lvl 2 Megamouth mobs on RT before repair and now in the last couple of weeks since the Deep Token ended, I am lucky if I can do half of that.
    You're confusing something there. I would decay test the weapon before making such a statement

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Paul Jetman Masters
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    MA's finances have nothing to do with the cost to kill, certainly not the increased repairs. as loot return is kinda tied to the cost to kill, an higher cost should return a higher loot. if MA wanted to pull more money they could tweak the loot returns

regarding cost to kill, i can say little has change for me, since armour tweak most of my killcosts are lower, loot returned is a little worse since loot 2.0 tho

mining has changed, there is a post from bertha about changes which should equal more finds, but probably smaller tho
    Mining
    Overall volatility will be reduced, mainly by implementing a smoother distribution of the various claim sizes. In addition, the value of the smallest possible claims has been increased slightly.
    added note Deeptoken has virtually zero to do with the running of EU

Although it feels like there's some lag lately, and lag _can_ change cost of a kill on high regen mobs... I dunno how bad the lag must be to double it.

And loot... loot is suspiciously fine.
    Rodent of the Multiverse

Selling:
    nothing atm

Ok. Thanks everyone for the imput. I do see changes with my personal game play in both hunting and mining and the problems mentioned in the previous posts should not have any bearing on loot but since MA's policy is not to discuss loot, it is hard to resolve why these particular problems keep happening. Today seems to be a better day on Caly overall but when on RT and Monria, the problem seems to be very visible when playing. A laconian sword's decay is about 2 pec and a philospher's sword is about 10 pec/use. So, when I see the decay happening much more quickly than that, it does leave a big question as to why its happening and if only just my avatar has the problem. lol.. My avatar has had alot of quirky things happen to it in the past from problems in space travel to getting stuck in a graphics glitch for a week from spawning as a creature capsule. There is no way to know if the problem has only happened to me unless I ask as I did with this thread. Again, thanks for the imput.