Votes: 6 5.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Naomi

Elite
Society
Rangers
Naomi NP Polder
Hi, I wonder if you are willing to share your average returns.

I started tracking my returns again since my gun reached T2
and I'm currently at 83.5% total returns for the last 5 days.

Where are you?

I hunt at:
7-8% FB
20-80% ICD
22-28% increased fire rate
84% efficiency

Last edited:
Just as a note.. it is a misleading poll without more constraints.

If you are going to ask for people's returns, you should require a minimum TT turnover to avoid skewing.

If you are going to ask for people's returns, you should require a minimum TT turnover to avoid skewing.

You are right. I find it logical that results are not from 15 minutes hunt, but from serious times and amounts. And I therefore did not take this into account. I expect serious results only.

I find tt turnover pointless, its more about mobs killed... my return on the poll is for over 3k fouls. 63.5 eco.

Shouldn't it be a minimum number of loot events?

Wouldn't 10,000 loot events on a 10 hp mob have more statistical power than 100 loot events on a 1000 hp mob?

why should it matter

why should it matter what u hunt?

I mean, imagine spending 10k ammo on 10 diff. mobs in 1 day, or spending the same amount on 1 mob. Many say the latter would give a better return rate since higher turnover on the same area/mob stabilizes loot.

are you tracking solo only or are you tracking with sand king as well? i feel like all those terrible sand king loots might skew your numbers a bit..

or are you not running that rex wave anymore?

sorry this Question is for OP.

Last edited:
No idea the % but it's bad... in my 9 years EU "career" it never been this bad. And from what I've asked others they have similar experience. Hardly any MU on top of that too.

are you tracking solo only or are you tracking with sand king as well? i feel like all those terrible sand king loots might skew your numbers a bit..

or are you not running that rex wave anymore?

sorry this Question is for OP.

there is 1 SK into it, that was like 150-200 ped loss for me, the others is all from solo hunting

one more devils advocate question for op. I was watching a bit of your stream the other day. gun was still at 1.X, you showed it during your hunt. is it possible that your hitting some decent multipliers on those tantardillions or w/e theyre called while hunting rextelum. as such your hitting the multis on .5ped mobs??(tantar whatevers) and now "missing" them on the rextelums, skewing your results?

while I don't believe you need to stay on the same mob at all times, I do believe you should be hunting mobs in the same hp region at all times due to this factor.

I really hate when I get a daily bonus for chirpys after shooting levi for an entire day and get 3-4 ped loots on those chirpys. thinking if that was on a levi I would be hitting nice loots.

as you can see I sometimes fall victim into this trap myself.

one more devils advocate question for op. I was watching a bit of your stream the other day. gun was still at 1.X, you showed it during your hunt. is it possible that your hitting some decent multipliers on those tantardillions or w/e theyre called while hunting rextelum. as such your hitting the multis on .5ped mobs??(tantar whatevers) and now "missing" them on the rextelums, skewing your results?

while I don't believe you need to stay on the same mob at all times, I do believe you should be hunting mobs in the same hp region at all times due to this factor.

I really hate when I get a daily bonus for chirpys after shooting levi for an entire day and get 3-4 ped loots on those chirpys. thinking if that was on a levi I would be hitting nice loots.

I like your question and insights

I do hunt rext outside of the oasis, during the cooldown period of the wave event mainly.
Indeed, I don't like those tants and other mini mobs, The Aesterex and Rext are ok...
However the results I have the last week, are from rext only as well, as from the huons and others today :)

imo it's pretty rediculous that today another 5-figure loot fell, at the feffoid pit, AGAIN. Those even don't have much HP. People shooting an occasional mob there get more, then ppl who hunt seriously at mission chains, or their favorite mob spots, spending money faster and in higher amounts.

if so I would just stay stick on the grind and something will pop and bring you back hopefully. I been on huon all weekend, killed about 1800 of them, small ones. nothing good really. one small esi. avg about 1 swirl per 120mobs on huons currently.

hopefully they hit a nice one soon.

gl.

Ideally you don't fall into that trap, it doesn't help you :D
And it also doesn't work like that at all. The chance to get multiplier on low HP is much higher than on huge HP. So do your thing and completely ignore where you get your multis.

To Naomi, 85.3% is ridiculously low. I would expect you to sit in 95%+ tbh. Maybe you will get more stable loot with a more balanced HP mob and a more time spent with the new toy.

Last edited:

I mean, imagine spending 10k ammo on 10 diff. mobs in 1 day, or spending the same amount on 1 mob. Many say the latter would give a better return rate since higher turnover on the same area/mob stabilizes loot.

Jesus.. you're not even trying anymore.. You think killing a SINGLE mob gives a stabile loot? Just because it doesnt fluctuate as much on higher hp mo... nevermind.. why am I even trying.

Maybe you should have asked the original owner to educate you after you bought your avatar.

Reactions: das
Jesus.. you're not even trying anymore.. You think killing a SINGLE mob gives a stabile loot? Just because it doesnt fluctuate as much on higher hp mo... nevermind.. why am I even trying.

Maybe you should have asked the original owner to educate you after you bought your avatar.

lol you're drawing conclusions pretty fast
With doing different mobs, I mean like 300-1000 mobs or so, then going to another, instead of doing another 300-1000 mobs of the same kind.

On the last sentence, I don't even answer, since you clearly don't know anything about me.

I put below 70 and i haven't even logged in for over a month.
I can say with confidence that is what my return would be cause that is what is almost always near.
Hence, why I haven't logged in for over a month.
Quit making a game cost $100-200 a month and I'll play again.

Holy crap 5 days of tracking you should not be making this tread lol..... give it a few months youll hit hofs that will bring it up....

Shouldn't it be a minimum number of loot events?

Wouldn't 10,000 loot events on a 10 hp mob have more statistical power than 100 loot events on a 1000 hp mob?

You can make either case in statistics. You are just missing a 2nd element and whatever element that is, it needs to be consistent. Whether it is TT turnover or the number of loot events (as I am in agreement with you on this), it needs to be consistent in measurement.

Knowing that most aren't keeping track, I simply wanted to raise awareness in this thread before folks came in with the "loot sucks 60% today from 100ped cycled".. which has no bearing for comparisons.

Holy crap 5 days of tracking you should not be making this tread lol..... give it a few months youll hit hofs that will bring it up....

I've been in game for 10 month and in that time I can count the number of globals on one hand and have 4 fingers left (the global was small so it used the thumb). Then again, I don't cycle thousands of ped shooting, I can't afford it. But it does beg the question; is that what one needs to to invest in the game in order to see the mythical 90+%?

I don't keep stats. I used to but it was too depressing so I just play with the assumption that I will lose...always and I do. To control cost, I set my depo limit at $30/month and spend a fair amount of time sweating/chatting. Before I get flamed, I understand game mechanics well enough to know how to tag and finish and use high eco guns that I am maxed on. I also hunt the same mobs so I recognize when returns and less than average and stop shooting. I do not mine or craft nor do I count the ped I spend on the avatar in the deposit limit and I don't spend more than a 8 or so hours a week hunting.

Whatever the conclusion of this poll, it seems the overwhelming perception in game is that the overall loot distribution is truly not in favor of the player. Given that perception makes up somewhere around 99% of reality, regardless of whether or not loot returns are as people claim, a serious problem exists concerning this topic.

Last edited:
Then again, I don't cycle thousands of ped shooting, I can't afford it. But it does beg the question; is that what one needs to to invest in the game in order to see the mythical 90+%?

I would wait to gather deposits for 3 months, buy the boxes, then shoot it over one weekend. From my experience, very short sessions go bad most of the times so pick a lower level mob as well, don't g for something that you struggle killing but not something very small either. Something that you need 10-15 shots for.
90% is extremely low. 93-94 should be minimum imho.
My turnover for 2017 was 1 700 000. 10% loss would have been a disaster :D

Hunt from 14.01.18 till now, gravis 34 nonsib
Mine from 01.12.17 till now, half amped lvl5 half non amped both indoor and planetside
MU out = what i got from selling looted stuff
MU in = what i spent on enhs amps etc
HuntMineTotal%
TT cycled65 615,3564 204,42129 819,77100,00%
TT return59 237,9955 313,25114 551,2488,24%
MU out5 073,517 477,0712 550,589,67%
MU in-1 971,63-2 252,40-4 224,03-3,25%
Total62 339,8760 537,92122 877,7994,65%

So a failed to get into 95%-100% group and about 7k ped lost lol

just a bad cycle naomi :p problem is it can last some more days/weeks... keep it up

Been away too long to give you good advice

:laugh:

Even considering peoples tendency to exaggerate ever so slightly this poll paints a pretty dire picture.

Only consolation for me here is that I don't seem to be the only one who got handed the shit end of the stick with this 2.0 crap.

I keep wondering if loot is bugged for some and not for others. After all it's MA who came up with this...

Still struggling to come to terms with people (former soc mates) I absolutely trust, telling me that their loot has noticeably improved with 2.0 where I'm only ever getting shit loot when out hunting.

9 from 10 runs I get between 85% to just under 100% of AMMO. That 1 in 10 run might just about break even including item decay. It's like the bad times pre 2.0. Just that it's now permanent.

I dont really keep track of returns and i basically put everything to TT machine unless it pays an instant 10peds MU, im not saving stackables exept Output amplifiers and the occasional spleen oil. Before 2.0 i almost newer got my ammo back but after its the opposite. I`d say i loose an average of 50 ped per 700 ped ammo run inkl repairs (about 930 total). With the occasional hofs i think im ahead the past months.

Im using Perfected LP-40 + imp a204. Aug Ares, Aug evade ring, adj resto and viceroy. Mostly hunt Kadras, huon, ambu, feffoid et.c.

The key is to camp 1-2 mobs untill you or some one else hofs on it, then u switch to backup mob or maturity.

Naomi you have the best circumstances to slow and steady profit just keep grinding :yup: (go and r*pe dome2!?)

That's either because it's an ammo mob or your efficiency isn't good enough (like too much overkilling, too much armor decay/fapping)
No armor. Almost no healing required. Maxed armatrix 85 or 90.

What's an "ammo mob" and why would such mob give shit tt returns?

No armor. Almost no healing required. Maxed armatrix 85 or 90.

What's an "ammo mob" and why would such mob give shit tt returns?

Now you get me confused :D
is the 85-100% your return based on the ammo you used or the loot composition, as in 85-100% of loot is shrapnell (aka ammo)?
The poll is about returns with MU included.

an "ammo mob" is a mob that mainly loots shrapnell...
Example - based on RT:
werewolf, vixen, plumas i do usually get <40% of loot in shrapnell
drone generation 1-4 it's usually >90% of loot in shrapnell
about the same efficiency.
It's just like some mobs are dedicated to loot shrapnell ^^

Because MindArk said so.

Charlie/MindArk on 27SEP17:
The amount of turnover isn't very relevant to the average return or volatility in return for any individual player. To reach a stable average return it's really the amount of loot instances or creatures killed that matters. As an example, if a player kills 2 Sand Kings spending about 5000 PED to do so the expected loot returned on those 2 kills can vary greatly. If instead killing 200,000 Punies also about 5000 PED the expected loot return is going to be very close to the expected average of 96%+ seen in the 2017 group. A more realistic example of this is perhaps spending 300 PED hunting Proterons vs spending 300 PED hunting small Argonauts where the Argonaut hunt will usually yield similar results and the Proteron hunt results can be all over the place since the loot events are so few.
The reason turnover is chosen as the metric to present these statistics is because number of kills doesn't really say much about which level of players are in which category since anyone can kill a large number of mobs if they are small enough.

Although returns has it's place, so does 'purpose' to begin with.

I put a ton of time and ped into pets and pet related skills waiting for purpose to justify the cost of training.
MA continued to dump ever more quantities of pets on the market, but still not the purpose (pets are in effect just xp counters).

Add-in the Compet situation with no news at all, and the promises of more pet activities from stables that didn't happen, and my patience has completely expired. Real shame as the Caly pets look good, but have next to nothing to do.

My input is ZERO until there's news and commitment to justify further expenditure. It's supposed to be fun and entertaining right? Well it isn't.

Rick

Back