• 100-105%

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • 105-110%

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • >110%

Votes: 6 5.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
with no established rules and hence everybody tracking results differently any comparison is nothing but utter nonsense. what about repairs for example? if I repair my Beast all the way before I end a run, that will drastically change the outcome - so I don't track repairs in hunting logs, only actual cost (decay, ammo etc) vs loot (repairs are tracked separately!)

also, markup is volatile. what isn't worth shit today might be tomorrow if ma decide to pull some new game concept out of their ass randomly (remember gardening?). including markup makes the results even more skewed

thread can be closed since it's useless without establishing proper rules which people can use to make proper comparisons!

I dont really keep track of returns and i basically put everything to TT machine unless it pays an instant 10peds MU, im not saving stackables exept Output amplifiers and the occasional spleen oil. Before 2.0 i almost newer got my ammo back but after its the opposite. I`d say i loose an average of 50 ped per 700 ped ammo run inkl repairs (about 930 total). With the occasional hofs i think im ahead the past months.

Im using Perfected LP-40 + imp a204. Aug Ares, Aug evade ring, adj resto and viceroy. Mostly hunt Kadras, huon, ambu, feffoid et.c.

The key is to camp 1-2 mobs untill you or some one else hofs on it, then u switch to backup mob or maturity.

Naomi you have the best circumstances to slow and steady profit just keep grinding :yup: (go and r*pe dome2!?)

You are basically TTing your pistol about once a year, if you hunt ~4hours a day.
In 2017 I was very active until loot 2.0, after that, I barely did any hunting. So active only for a half of year. My turnover for the whole year was 1.7 mil ped (4657 ped avg a day) and 2% of that, in case you sell all the loot, would be 34k PED. How mych was your pistol, pechunter?

A hunter should change the mob when it becomes too boring, not when it hofs. If it hofs or not, it doesnt have anything to do with that mob, just with the hunter. You should never leave a mob that you like/has a great mission you work on or decent MU JUST because it hoffed :D

gl

PS some may say 4650 is a lot of turnover a day. Well, if there's a good reason, 20k a day can be achieved as well. These guys have the best weapons for a reason, to use the hell out of them, every day, not just to be eco on their daily quests.

thread can be closed since it's useless without establishing proper rules which people can use to make proper comparisons!

it may be useless to you, but the guy asked for some input from everyone.
U can call useless your hunting log, if you track repairs separately from decay - WTF? :)) amp decay is just as cost to kill as it's ammo.

If I don't add ammo or decay I can also be in the 110%+ group :wtg:

LE:
Although returns has it's place, so does 'purpose' to begin with.

I put a ton of time and ped into pets and pet related skills waiting for purpose to justify the cost of training.
MA continued to dump ever more quantities of pets on the market, but still not the purpose (pets are in effect just xp counters).

Add-in the Compet situation with no news at all, and the promises of more pet activities from stables that didn't happen, and my patience has completely expired. Real shame as the Caly pets look good, but have next to nothing to do.

My input is ZERO until there's news and commitment to justify further expenditure. It's supposed to be fun and entertaining right? Well it isn't.

Rick

What you did was gamble that there may be a purpose to justify your time lost and investments. That thing was dead shortly after beta release but i doubt you will ever admin (to yourself) you lost.

Last edited:
also, markup is volatile. what isn't worth shit today might be tomorrow if ma decide to pull some new game concept out of their ass randomly (remember gardening?).

pretty certain, people who don't know how to AH are also a very big factor when it comes to MU volatility ^^

You are basically TTing your pistol about once a year, if you hunt ~4hours a day.
In 2017 I was very active until loot 2.0, after that, I barely did any hunting. So active only for a half of year. My turnover for the whole year was 1.7 mil ped (4657 ped avg a day) and 2% of that, in case you sell all the loot, would be 34k PED. How mych was your pistol, pechunter?

A hunter should change the mob when it becomes too boring, not when it hofs. If it hofs or not, it doesnt have anything to do with that mob, just with the hunter. You should never leave a mob that you like/has a great mission you work on or decent MU JUST because it hoffed :D

gl

PS some may say 4650 is a lot of turnover a day. Well, if there's a good reason, 20k a day can be achieved as well. These guys have the best weapons for a reason, to use the hell out of them, every day, not just to be eco on their daily quests.

Well its such a pain in the ass working for those 2% especially when ur not on caly, Ark ah is pretty much dead.
I have noticed that the more u put through TT the more i get back. mayby ppl getting shitty returns cuz they try to squeeze every pec through AH!? and MA doesent see it as circulated peds well i dunno :)
As far as switching mobs well finding a hof on ambulimax/feffoid is rare and finding one twice in the same day is even harder, thats why i recommend switching after one has dropped.

Last edited:
Well its such a pain in the ass working for those 2% especially when ur not on caly, Ark ah is pretty much dead.
I have noticed that the more u put through TT the more i get back. mayby ppl getting shitty returns cuz they try to squeeze every pec through AH!? and MA doesent see it as circulated peds well i dunno :)

Well, no one knows that, it's only a speculation, just as what you observed with the more you put in the more you get out. That's very complex AI required into programming and I'm pretty sure there's no such thing. Just as the hoarding theory and many other bullshit made up stories :D

It is a pain in the ass, for sure, that's why there are resellers that buy your oils, they ease your ass pain... but also your wallet. There are also people with 0,1 patience that want to be the first to sell so they cut everyone (sometimes by a big %) not thinking they will have to cut their own price the next day and again, giving away from their wallet.

When you TT your loot you're playing against the house. Do I need to tell you the house never looses? :cool:

What you did was gamble that there may be a purpose to justify your time lost and investments. That thing was dead shortly after beta release but i doubt you will ever admin (to yourself) you lost.

I never really looked at anything in EU as an investment, rather more of a partnership where the owner provides a mutual benefit within the game environment. If MA decide not to build in a decent mutual benefit into the game, that's hardly the fault of the "other" partner is it. Besides I was talking about pets in general, therefore that lack of real purpose effects everyone in EU that trained one.

Well who has really lost? Nearly everyone in my soc was just hanging in there by their finger tips. I just so happen to check the tracker of soc mates to see what they've been up too. Looks like when I stopped, they decided to stop soon after.

Therefore it's a very fragile situation, when everyone you know personally in game is unhappy with various things, with trust at an all-time-low. I consider that situation quite sad, whereas you appear to enjoy other players being misled by the game.

I often wonder about adjusted MKII and think, it's just "one step" away from an in-game upgrade to Imp MKII. Now that's what I call a "gamble",..... deeds shouldn't be.

If I'm not playing, I'm not depositing......So Whatever...smiles.

Rick

I see that a lot of shit are said so I just put my comment :rolleyes:
it is ridiculous to hear again that miserable little % that you want to give me during loots is the cause of your failure profitability if you put it to the TT. especially when one looks at 95% of the objects drops currently at 105% MU but MA has of course closed the door to the sale by putting a Auction sucker money. it will be necessary to explain to the new one now that in addition to choosing your profession Hunter / Miner / Crafter you must also be able to be the smartest and sell all the time to recover a few cents of your deposit otherwise you will never be at 95% :laugh:
Does anyone ask to play the price fluctuation for a few cents in the auction? why this ridiculous implementation has to entertain some traders

I often wonder about adjusted MKII and think, it's just "one step" away from an in-game upgrade to Imp MKII. Now that's what I call a "gamble",..... deeds shouldn't be.

IMK2 is a tool that can bring you further profit under certain conditions with a bit of knowledge. Those deeds are based on some empty promises. They are pure loss. You cannot justify a pec each. while there are hunters that can TT their imk2 and still be in profit but since you don't have any questions and only have certainties, it's really hard to see the truth and understand how most basic things work.
And since you don't play don't deposit, I think we can move the discussion in another taming/comped thread please, leave this one for hunters.

Sorry for offtopic

If I'm not playing, I'm not depositing......I am not going to post here in the hunting threads...smiles.

Rick

Fixed for you since you forgot to take your medicine.Short memory?

Fixed for you since you forgot to take your medicine.Short memory?

Becasue your arrogance offends me. Even if I did consider depositing, I've just decided to move that date onwards by another 6 months.

I'd say that's at least one months salary for a MA employee.

I let MA find that funding from you instead.....smiles.

Rick

Because MindArk said so.

Charlie/MindArk on 27SEP17:

The amount of turnover isn't very relevant to the average return or volatility in return for any individual player. To reach a stable average return it's really the amount of loot instances or creatures killed that matters. As an example, if a player kills 2 Sand Kings spending about 5000 PED to do so the expected loot returned on those 2 kills can vary greatly. If instead killing 200,000 Punies also about 5000 PED the expected loot return is going to be very close to the expected average of 96%+ seen in the 2017 group. A more realistic example of this is perhaps spending 300 PED hunting Proterons vs spending 300 PED hunting small Argonauts where the Argonaut hunt will usually yield similar results and the Proteron hunt results can be all over the place since the loot events are so few.
The reason turnover is chosen as the metric to present these statistics is because number of kills doesn't really say much about which level of players are in which category since anyone can kill a large number of mobs if they are small enough.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Finally something that isn't pure speculation and this clearly validates anyone who points out that it's not fair to complain before tracking some activity over many "loot instances." I'm guilty of complaining to my bf and after reading this, his comment was to decide on some arbitrarily high number of loot instances before averaging and then keep a running average after to track variations.

This is too much work for me. I'm going to decide to trust Charlie/Mind Ark because if I don't, putting money into the game is stupid.

Becasue your arrogance offends me. Even if I did consider depositing, I've just decided to move that date onwards by another 6 months.

I'd say that's at least one months salary for a MA employee.

I let MA find that funding from you instead.....smiles.

Rick

My arrogance is the result of your stupidity and your illness you keep intoxicating us by posting stupid shit every time in threads you are completely clueless about and it has nothing to do with the OP.You keep bring your stupid useless pet stories where nobody cares about.
Walk some pets and leave people that has something to do about hunting express their ideas.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Finally something that isn't pure speculation and this clearly validates anyone who points out that it's not fair to complain before tracking some activity over many "loot instances." I'm guilty of complaining to my bf and after reading this, his comment was to decide on some arbitrarily high number of loot instances before averaging and then keep a running average after to track variations.

This is too much work for me. I'm going to decide to trust Charlie/Mind Ark because if I don't, putting money into the game is stupid.

I read a post back in January that got me to thinking and since I was relatively new to the game decided to try it out. While implementing this idea, I had multiple people call me a noob and taunt me for not knowing what I was doing and how I was stupid to hunt the way I did. I ignored them as I wanted some solid data to work with.

It's now been over 4 months of tracking runs and I think the data speaks for itself.

ammo/decay - 50456.3185
loot TT value - 49226.63
% return - 97.562865

During that 4 months I had 454,931 attacks, 399,038 of which simply hit, 44,833 that were evaded/dodged/jammed and 11,060 that crit.

The returns alone justify the method I was using, but that was not why I hunted the way I did. The post I had read was about skilling. So, add to the above loot returns 72,686.6204 skill points.

Before the invariable trolls butt in with their BS let me add that I had in excess of 110,000 skill points when I started this, so yes, not everyone will see those kinds of numbers if they also did what I was doing.

So accomplishments in the last 4 months using "the method":
stage 4&5 of Gallard, Carabok, Male & Female Monura and Arkadian Hornet
stage 1, 2 and 3 of Feran
stage 3, 4, 5 and 6 (twice) of Jori
stage 3, 4, 5 and 6 (6 times) of Halix
stage 4, 5 and 6 (twice) of Ostelok
stage 1-5 of Dromia
stage 2 & 3 of Oro
stage 1 of Zadul
stage 4 & 5 of Punies (Caly)
stage 2 & 3 of Merp

Accomplishments not using "the method"
stage 1 & 2 of Bokol
stage 3 & 4 of Hadraada
stage 3 of Nusul
stage 1 of Riptor
stage 1 of Tiarak
stage 1 of Mutated Hadraada
stage 2 of Oratan
currently 52/60 on Oratan Rogues
stage 3 of Argonauts

I am missing some things, but you can see that I did do a lot. In this I have pretty much proven what Charlie said in the quote above as I have killed in excess of 150,000 mobs in 4 months.

Sadly I did not make a note of my standings when I started but I know I was around lvl 21/22 in BLP pistol & sniper as well as level 24/25 in laser pistol & sniper. I don't think I was above 15 in anything else in my combat/mindforce skills except maybe Evader. I was lvl 33 VSE from repairing motherships, so had a fair number of mid teen engineering skills.

Currently (hit/dmg):
Cryogenic - 38/41
BLP Sniper - 37/36
Laser Sniper - 36/35
BLP Pistol - 35
Laser Pistol - 35
Electrokinetic - 30/34
Pyrokinetic - 30/34
Swordsman - 30/31
Brawler - 28/30
Plasma Sniper - 30/25
Gauss Sniper - 30/25
Knifefighter - 27/30
Plasma Pistol - 29
Whipper - 26/27
One Handed Club - 21/26
Two Handed Club - 21/26
Grenadier - 16/25
Evader - 22

As you can see, unlike some I prefer to work up all my professions. I feel it gives me a wider range of options since some of the higher damage Laser/BLP weapons are a bit insane in price. Having run out of the low HP level mob missions on Arkadia, I have to resort to (L) weapons to build Laser/BLP skills. Gotta love the Caly Daily tokens for that.

Hmm? What is "the method"? The "Method" is actually one of the least eco ways to play this game. Part of the reason I get a chuckle every time I see someone ranting about needing to be eco. Eco went by the wayside with Loot 2.0 unless you have one of the "Unique" or near unique weapons and do nothing but shared loot events to suck up peds from the un-eco fools there. Part of why I shy away from anything shared loot. Before the trolls start shouting how shared loot doesn't work that way, I will just say this:

All mobs in the game have a multiplier attached to them. It can be as low as .25 and as high as 8000+. Some people believe that the multiplier is calculated at the moment of death which is why they rant about wasting a high multiplier on a Chirpy. Others believe the multiplier is generated when the mob spawns. Only the Devs know for sure.

Getting back to the ECO thing though... let's say that you have 2 people killing a 10k hp mob and take no damage, one person using a Unique Sacrifical Dagger with 85.4 dps and 3.815 dpp and the other person has a Isis BL1950 (L) with 2.853 dpp and 81.1 dps. On each mob they both do 5k damage. This means on average player A spends 13.10 ped of ammo/decay while player B spends 17.52 ped. Having done equal damage, each will then get 50% of the pool (30.62 ped) * the multiplier. Let's say they kill 1000 of these 10k mobs and hit the average of 95% loot return.

30.62*1000=30,620 * .95 = 29,089 ped in loot. so each person walks away with 14,544.5 ped. Player A however only spent 13,100 ped giving him a 111% return while player B having spent 17,520 ped only sees a return of 83%. This is why I do not team hunt and shy away from shared loot events.

Getting back to the "Method". Let's say you have 100 mobs that the total multiplier adds up to 95.00, so if you kill these 100 mobs you are guaranteed an average of .95 on each mob. Using a mob with an average 1 ped to kill, under perfect conditions you will get 95 ped from that 100 ped spent. But now luck plays a part. Let's use an extreme example:

99 of these mobs have .25 multiplier and 1 has a 70.25 multiplier. Since the average person like to use weapons that kill mobs in an average of 10-15 shots, we'll use 10. So luck will determine how much we now win or lose...

Possible outcomes on the 70.25x multiplier mob (1ped/mob avg = .1ped/shot)
Shots - Loot
5 - 35.12
6 - 42.15
7 - 49.17
8 - 56.2
9 - 63.22
10 - 70.25
11 - 77.27
12 - 84.3
13 - 91.32
14 - 98.35
15 - 105.37
16 - 112.4
17 - 119.42
18 - 126.45
19 - 133.47
20 - 140.5

So, with luck I now have the chance to end up with anything from a loss of 40 ped to a gain of 64.5, all depending on how many crits or misses I have on that global mob.

The 'Method" minimizes this swing. Using it in the above scenario I would either lose 5 ped or if lucky come out 64.5, 134.75 or even 205 ped ahead. But this of course is an extreme example even though it proves the point.

Ammo+decay in times the multiplier = loot out. If you are lucky you will crit on the .25-.99 multipliers and get evaded/dodged/jammed on the 1.0+ multipliers. Nothing is worse than seeing yourself miss 3-4 times on a .25 multiplier. Except maybe critting 2 or 3 times on that 500 multiplier... 3 crits + 4 good shots = ~.7ped * 500 = 350 ped global, nice in itself, but 3 misses + 12 fair shots = ~1.5 ped * 500 = 750 ped global...

97.56% return not including MU on over 50k ped cycled speaks volumes to me... and those 72k skill points might even be worth more than the 2.44%....

WOW thanks for the post Suza:
some of the most through points of data and followed up explanation I've seen.
give me more confidence in the game really.

Hmm reminds me of a slot machine : play penny slots and you will win more times because you are pulling more, but if you play high end slots you can win bigger, just most likely not enough money to cycle to win as many times as penny.

Well done, and good mob selection. I wish you continued success in EU

hahah...I forgot about my banter at Messi in previous posts.

But since this thread has been bumped I'll say a few words.

I did well over 4 hours continuous with hunting on muls last night in those practice instances with Adj Kat sword with VI amp, I could not global at all in those practice Muls (I came close with a 46 and 48 pedder).

Previous to that I tried adj Bola whip with VI amp for few hours on practice Muls as well and couldn't global.
Previous to that I did many whips down graded to IV amp taming devils (becasue on taming it seems there's a DPP limit to returns). I skilled animal tamer to over 7000+ skill points now so might move on.

I've done two deposits recently. The latest £100 (worth about 1200 ped-ish), I've got roughly about half of that left after about a week. Whatever happens, I'm not paying more in June.

I just do NOT understand why I stuggle to global. But I think you do need that to bounce back.

However I found something quite interesting. I noticed Fred got to Level 100 with 265K skills and 236 HP.
I've got 365K skills almost 366K (100K more skill) and 252 HP with my highest profession 77. (with hardly any mining or crafting).

so....Can you have too much support skill?
Can you nerf your own ava somehow, if good at all combat profs, but master of none?
Is my 400K xp Royal Pet somehow nerfing me if I have it spawned?

I've done quite a few hours skilling, it's surviving the month which is the problem.
Maybe we buy time, or number of turns?

Interesting times anyhow. It is what it is.

Laters

Rick

Can you nerf your own ava somehow, if good at all combat profs, but master of none?

Unlikely. I have 225k and 184 hp, but my highest prof level is just 46. I've been depo-free for several years now. It's all about MU.

Unlikely. I have 225k and 184 hp, but my highest prof level is just 46. I've been depo-free for several years now. It's all about MU.

Sure if it wasn't for those boxes, I'd have a serious problem. I'm not doing mining (maybe that's what you do), even though people say they can survive longer doing such things.

I'd sign up for 12 equal monthly payment though by direct debit, if they turn my ava up.
Now that's an interesting concept.

Besides I no longer believe in MU rule. I hink it comes down to the dial setting MA set us on personally.
They either turn you on or they don't. Whatever.....smiles.

I heading towards taking a one depo, go all in appraoch.....then see ya next month.

Rick

edit: bring back the drones with Gazz!!!

Last edited:
I playes more than 10 years nonstop, but i stopped one year ago, my last exel for the last 4months of my game shows me 60% tt return

I playes more than 10 years nonstop, but i stopped one year ago, my last exel for the last 4months of my game shows me 60% tt return

Hmm, you are one of the candidates MA "fixed" the game for. You should try again!

Back