Suggestion: Hunting advices

unufain8

Prowler
-Saphire of Dark-
Hi there guys,

I was away a few years and few weeks ago i returned to EU with big plans :).
I was getting back with the plan to try out mining as main but seems like mining is not was it was before.
So where i need your advice is this: I will soon get a bigger depo such as 20k peds or so and i want to start hunting, not like a pro but a bit more than a newbie.
I need advice on what to do BLP or Laser, rifle or pistol. Im around lvl 34 pistoleer and 30 sniper.
With armour i think ill go on gremlin and 5b and 6a for bots (trying to finish some missions like troxes and bots).
I really need some good advices from some professional ones, and please leave hate (haters) outside this.

Thank you a lot for your time and see you ingame!

Its a good time to come back and buy into a considerable midlevel, item prices are at an all time low and its still early in the skilling up of the new looter skills. Still with 20k ped you can do a lot (wrong)!

Midlevel Hunting means your main concern must now shift from skilling offensive skills to the defensive skills, make yourself ready for a really, really intense and long period of gathering defence skills. With defence skills i mean evader profession and paramedic proffesion (bio is an option but not the one i would go for). If you are already level 30 hit profession, play your hit-prof up to level 60 then chip out only the primary hit-skill (rifle or pistol) and keep everything else and skill hitlevel all up again to 60. By then your dmg level should be bigger than your hitlevel and your defence skills should be around 2/3rd of your hit/dmg-levels or better. This will avoid crisis later, if you do it wrong the commando-hp will only expand your wrong expectations, but face it, you are still a defence weakling, so called nubah. But if you do the whole process to hit level 60 twice, you will be fine on the defence side of the hunting game. Expect a decade to reach commando, but when you do you gonna be tight as shit.

Id spent most of the peds for items:
-Mod EK2600 ~7.6k (or so) (hard part is to max it for a noob, but its easy compared to other tasks that gonna come)
-considerable armor worth ~3k ped (make it 4k with plates)
-Adj Military (and Hypercharged A105, buying is quite expensive, but super eco, still quite nice performance) OR Adj Meddox 4 (and way cheaper Beast amp, cheaper amp, but more expensive in use over HC A105, pop a reload pill and youre in click-click-click-heaven) 5-6kped
-rings is a must nowadays, but since you only got ~4k ped left you have to go for the imp version of Ares and Athena. But those rings really cant be big enough! Save on the gun, you can tier it later and invest in rings!
-tier up Adj Bukins Rifle to use it with range enhancers as tagger. Use it as your fall back option(since you are midlevel, you dont have the tagging gunpower to tag regenerating mob with so much power that they do not heal completely the tagging dmg before they reach you, So why not tagging them in a cheap way? A tagger is important on midlevel mob though, you cant afford having group therapy of mobs on you and fap fest)

all money left will be needed as turnover to make the whole thing run. And it might take 2k loss buyin to actually make it run, once it runs you couldnt care less for the money. Tier the shit out of your weapons and items, always run them on max performance tiered, dmg-enhancers and heal-enhancers. And basically be the Jimmy, the Star, the Vodka, Grave of your own level of gameplay. You always have to outperform other hunters of your level in your spawn. Yes you gonna lose more than they do in bad times, but hey you can stop right? If not you have to learn it! But the more tickets you pull the bigger gets your chance on the x5, x10, x20 loots, the multipliers that make you cash in enough money to make your equipment run. If you cash in these, run your equipment like a workhorse. Become the powerhouse of your own little world. Everything beyond, every hof out of the ordinary, is what you pay for better rings and CLDs and AUDs to make your gameplay more enjoyable.

Tune in, get sensible. Don´t mind the mocking of the jelous, the best ways to show ones teeth is to grin :) If you dont like the game you play, quit it. Become your own book-keeper (if you cant keep things in mind do excel) and accept if the world sees days without any loot what-so-ever. Sometimes its better to shoot 100ped with Adj Bukins, than 10k peds with Adj/MImp/Mod whatnot. Dont get a quick-cash addict, but instead look for opportunities. A 2 % safe is often better than a risky 10%.

Always have fallback options. If ubahs dominate, play! but play out of their ligue, if loot is super-ultra-bad for you and your socm8s it means like some event like the Purger is just around the corner. If you still want to play, play ultra low and try to outperform other hunters in the spawn in one of both eco (time and resilience) or performance.

I know its just my version of the story

Last edited:
I would buy adj resto as the first investment. Again and again :D
It's a mod fap (eco-wise) for newbies. You could then, with the help of this chip, farm some small shrooms and get 50 for an imp 2350. It's more than enough for mid level game, even for some fun or farm during migration which is like less than one month away
For tagger, I think you can also opt for a CDF gun, bought with daily tokens (use extenders on any L weapon)
Good luck and welcome back!

About armour: Within the parameters described I would suggest Adjusted Nemesis, and you won't need another set any time soon or only for special applications you might fancy. It's great for both bots and mobs with melee-type damage, only lacking the acid/cold/electric part. You can fill these in with 5D and 6B plates if you want to go there. 5B, 6A only needed once you climb up the ladder to stronger mobs (I like 5A to fill gaps in between, extremely eco and cheap). It used to be that plates decay is lower than armour decay which suggests bigger plates on weaker armour are more economical than the other way around, but the cost of all things armour has been lowered significantly and this is hardly an issue anymore. I'm a bit of an armour nut and have too many sets really, but since you're at a restart and seem to prefer a systematic approach, making best use of one good set incl. maximizing the chance to tier it seems more advisable. Good luck!

Edit: Of course, do keep your Adjusted Pixie around when the above is already too much. With 5A it's good for small Atrox, 5B on and you know what it can do already. These two are your bread-and-butter sets, anything else advanced or luxury.

Last edited:
or Adj Musca !!!

Good catch - and a great alternative since it has even distribution between stab and impact (and all exactly 1/2 of Adj. Nemesis), whereas Pixie leans towards impact. Atrax e.g. is easier in it, just for staying with Calypso examples.

Thank you guys for the advices. Im glad ppl used a few minutes for this and i really appreaciate it. Parlog thank you very much for your detailed explanation.

Already maxed the ek-2600 so will have to fight only with skills now. My plan is to do some missions with defence skills rewards and maybe, maybe with thiose something will pop out :). The hard part is to get a quite eco gun which makes some decent dmg, but we will see. I may contact you Parlog ingame for some more advices if that is fine for you.

I would buy adj resto as the first investment.

This is the best advice here IMO.

I would never touch hunting without one of the resto chips. Especially adjusted resto, when you're a newbie like me - it's a game changer.

Once you try it, you'll never want to hunt without one ;)

Back