Suggestion: Interesting Estates and Items from purged accounts

Fiona Simmons

Stalker
Over time it is inevitable that some enropia accounts stay unused for a long time and get purged , quite some of those got interesting items and estates on them that using rights are now went back to mindark.

Over all those years we had multiple requests to redistribute stuff without true owner but for a reason unknown to me they was always ignored. It seem that kind of redistribution have not enough apeal to mindark making it worth their time.

Hence my suggestion to bring back those stuff (mainly estates and to a lesser grade cool items like mod faps)
exclusivly via webshop. So mindark ensure there is fresh real money invested for their time spend and not just some peds that aint backed up by real cash anyways because we all know there are more peds than usds in mindarks reserves.

And yes some people will withdraw and deposit back but not all and if you do you run at risk someone else bought the item you wanted.

Maybe they can even extend the webshop to faciliate web auctions paid with real money so they dont have to fix a max price to an estate and let us decide the value over the min bid.

Higher supply of high end items and a weak market = current owners of high end items will pay for this

+ its wrong at many levels if MA directly sell items at a markup instead of letting players loot or craft theese

Selling [Interesting Item Strongbox 1] @boxes

I think MA should offer a 3 month, 6 month, and 12 month prepaid membership package.

Along with universal ammo and dna, stims, etc would be perks for prepaying.

3 month prepay - permanent 1% evade/dodge/jam buff that lasts for the entire 3 months.

6 month prepay - same as 3 month plus 12 fast travel tokens. Teleport to any TP in the universe by using one of these tokens.

12 month prepay - same as 6 month plus use of one randomly assigned vacant apartment/estate. You have access for the entire 12 months. If you renew you maintain access to that specific apartment for the next 12 months. Or let your membership expire for one day and try your luck again.

I kinda like the teleport token idea but instead of a token it would be even cooler to give TP chips beginning from medium the ability to select any discoverd Tp on same map while higher chips could allow to switch maps/continents on same planets.

We already have this function implemented because we can use higher TP chips to bring us to our estates they just had to modify it. Doing so they would create that infamous neverdie teleport token in a light version and instead of forcing additional costs on the player it would become a vanity feature were we have the choice to use it or not and id be gladly willing to pay around 25-50 pec for a vanity tp to a Teleporter of my choice in some situations.

@Dollymaus
We was never able to loot or craft estates to begin with

Items from liquidated accounts should be placed on auction, after some advertising, with a SB of 1 ped for 7 days (no buyout). If the item doesn't sell then MA should 'TT' it and remove it from the universe.

Returns from sales on liquidated items should then be put back into the bonus loot pool and redistributed to the player base imo.

In general MA should make it absolutely clear which items have been removed from the loot pool. I think adding liquidated items back into the loot pool will confuse people into thinking that these items still drop as standard.

Currently I get the impression that MA uses account liquidation to remove items from the universe (to kill off old items). But I think this method is very poor and a wasted opportunity. At the very least liquidated items could make up special quarterly 'win random junk' events, if the liquidated account has 50 items, then the top 50 players with the most points from the event could win a special gift box which upon opening gives an item from the liquidated account. Top player getting the most valuable item calculated from TT + monthly MU.

Right...so the players who always win everything already, will continue to score good stuff. I don't think so, Tim. Putting liquidated items in auction means, once again, only the richest players will score the best, most-in-demand items. Randomly putting the liquidated items in globals still makes the most sense to me. They could appear in globals from any activity; mining, hunting, crafting. Since a lot of those liquidated items would be lower-TT value, lesser stuff that most people won't care much about, multiple items could appear in globals, like in the old days. It was always a big excitement to get a loot window fill up with items, even if they weren't high-value (i.e. clothing items, mining tools, armor parts, etc.). Some of that stuff would end up being TT food, and then, those less desired items end up off the books for good.

The "uber" liquidated items should be able to drop randomly from any mob, just as the low-end crap, so nobody would know when or from what something amazing would appear in a loot window. Nothing should ever be restricted so only the best can win it, unless it's part of an event...and MA does event fairness SO well, as we've seen over the years. :dunce:

well in case they put the items at auction , the cash will stay at them , so not to many chances to put them into the loot pool.
IF they put them into the loot pool , they should say that there are some items redistributed into the loot pool and let them go for example in a event like Migration , but not all items looted in 10 minutes as it happened before , lets say , Eomon no. 8755 will loot a piece of supremacy , Eomon no.: 15102 will loot a idk anything . that should be random . so nobody will know and anybody can be the lucky one :dunce:

I dont trust the loot mechanics enough to like the idea to put them in here and it dosnt feel right to put lets say a Land area in a mob. I can imagine the conspiracy outcrys if one of the top 10 hunters win multiple high value estates just within a couple days. No ty

After the medusa land area complex fiasco i also doubt mindark will ever make the mistake again to start an auction for 1 ped because if unfortunately timed they might end up wayyyyy below their expectations again.

I suggested the webshop for the same reason arkadia moon deeds are only available there and not ingame.

Also, since mindark never botherd to redistribute unused assets (the mentioned above auctions was the result of a legal dispute between mindark and banned former participants) we should propose ideas in a way that gives them incentive to jump onto it and make it happen. Else they might just not bother to redistribute that stuff for another decade im afraid. Entropia is a big sand box and i would just like to see mindark dropping back a lot of toys that have fallen out of the sandbox back inside for us to play with.

Entropia is a big sand box and i would just like to see mindark dropping back a lot of toys that have fallen out of the sandbox back inside for us to play with.

That sandbox analogy gave me an idea. Imagine if a bunch of unused assets were randomly distributed throughout the map, for anyone to find? There could be a dot appearing on radar when you get close enough to one, like the current grey-colored "interactives" dots. And if a player happened to discover an item worth 50+ PED, a global message would appear, "Coelacanth Coelacanth Maryka has found an item, Shadow Helmet (F) worth 51 PED". :woot:

The interactive dots are needed in case the random location was in heavy vegetation or something, so people wouldn't keep running past it, oblivous to its existence. Some of us like playing the game with graphics quality cranked up.

There would be nothing unfair about this, and would promote exploration and adventuring. Every player who puts in the time to explore has an equal chance to find something, whether it's a piece of Guardian armor or a Mod Merc. Put the old unused toys back in the sandbox and let us find them!

Back