Info: Are non-tradable Items Lootable?

Siriane

Mature
Society
NBK Rangers
Siriane Dhyna Dreamrider
I couldn't find an answer to this question in the forums so I popped into Rookie, for the first time, to ask. To me, if it can't be traded it can't be looted but, this is EU and I didn't want to experiment with my ped.

There was agreement that something that isn't tradeable shouldn't be lootable but then someone pointed out that when you're dead looting is stealing, which isn't trading, so I filed a ticket. When I filed the ticket I promised to create a post with the answer. They responded in less than 24 hours.

Mega Volt, you were right about being sweet :yay:

Hi Dhyna,

Thank you for contacting us.

"if it can't traded it can't be looted."

This is correct, non-tradeable items are not lootable.

Take care and best of luck.

Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

Hmmm... shops, shopkeeper and auction all have different rules. Wouldn't trust a generic support ticket much without testing... and it could possibly change vu to vu I suspect.

Hmmm... shops, shopkeeper and auction all have different rules. Wouldn't trust a generic support ticket much without testing... and it could possibly change vu to vu I suspect.

The question was about whether or not non-tradable items in the Materials/Resources tabs and vehicle inventories can be looted from your corpse. I'm sorry I didn't explain that well enough.

Last edited:
What are you on about?

The ticket was about looting stuff,

If you can loot it, it can be traded is what OP is saying.

What are you on about regarding shops, shopkeeper and auction having different rules when it comes to loot?

My mind is imploding.
If item info tab says its lootable, but u trust support since it's not tradable no crying to come if u get looted I suppose... good luck.

(the point about shops is that rules change a lot so would not surprise me if mindark left something tagged as lootable when it should not be)

I can confirm that the non tradeable pills you get from boxes can't be stolen in lootable pvp.

I tried just a few days ago to "give" my pills to a friend by letting him kill me in lootable pvp. But didn't work.

Just to clarify I am referring to the blue skill pills, the red and blue buff pills and the red loot pills. The yellow and white pills can be traded so those obviously can be looted in pvp.

It doesn't answer the general question but hopefully provides some clarity to your question.

I couldn't find an answer to this question in the forums so I popped into Rookie, for the first time, to ask. To me, if it can't be traded it can't be looted but, this is EU and I didn't want to experiment with my ped.

In an odd way this would be great if you could since then they would be 'tradable' but since MA locks these items to a given avatar then there is no way to give them to anyone else.

I tried just a few days ago to "give" my pills to a friend by letting him kill me in lootable pvp. But didn't work.

And that's the reason non-tradable is also non-lootable. Otherwise it would be easy to exploit lootable pvp for trading between avatars.

When in doubt, open the item info panel, which clearly states if an item may be looted (pvp).

Peace, Miles

When in doubt, open the item info panel, which clearly states if an item may be looted (pvp).

Peace, Miles

:eureka: I thought that meant the item could be looted from mobs in a PVP area :eureka:

What a super :newbie:

There was agreement that something that isn't tradeable shouldn't be lootable but then someone pointed out that when you're dead looting is stealing, which isn't trading, so I filed a ticket. When I filed the ticket I promised to create a post with the answer. They responded in less than 24 hours.

Mega Volt, you were right about being sweet :yay:

Hi Dhyna,

Thank you for contacting us.

"if it can't traded it can't be looted."

This is correct, non-tradeable items are not lootable.

Take care and best of luck.

Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

It change trough various VU.

Some pills were not tradable and not sellable to TT but still were loot able.
An extreme example is Bukin's blade (quest item now removed from quest)

First was freely tradable, then non tradable and non sellable to TT but still was droppable so if you wanted to trade it you had to drop it on floor and buyer to pick up.

Also with some mats and residues happen to be invisible in inventory ( glitch or something) and only way to get them was to get killed by friend n pvp loot able so he got your items and could trade them back.
All this examples officially do not exist and never happened lol.

Also there was time that welding wire (in tools section of inventory) was looted by pirates.

Just don't take it as granted but be careful or if you have friend then test it before you risk on your own.

Back