Question: Captain profession benefit

The Abomb

Old Alpha
Society
Freelancer
Abomb Abomb ThePeoplesChamp
Well there is no mystery for how dodge/evader works well documented and in PvP if an avatar's hit profession is 20 lvls over your dodge/evader then they will always hit. ( Probably should be reworked as defense is tough to raise.) That is another topic though.

However my question is what really is the benefit of Captain? Does it function the same in space PvP? People say it's the evader of Space. It doesn't seem like it works at all though. Does anyone who is really high level eventually see benefits? Just seems like the profession is a number like sweating with no real benefit.

I have heard people claim Captain does X but haven't seen any real documented test on what it really does so thought I would ask to clear it up. Thanks ;)

Last edited:
I always assumed it's just against space mobs.

That could be the case and pretty underwhelming for the Captain profession then. It would make sense it does more and some people have claimed it does. So trying to see if anyone has ever done any test in space to verify how it works. :)

Last edited:
Captain is space dodge basically and does work vs mobs and players. It also works very much like evade/dodge in that you start benefitting noticeably once your within maybe 5lvls of the attacker or above. On pirates I do notice it works well on some and not so well on others I assume based on theyre skills but against a low lvl pirate I can pretty much make it to caly from SS or damn close most of the time due to the misses.

if you are in a Sleipnir or Quad, doesn't mean much from my point of view! In reality, as other said already, it mean you have some addition dodge/evade skills against threats in space.

if you are in a Sleipnir or Quad, doesn't mean much from my point of view! In reality, as other said already, it mean you have some addition dodge/evade skills against threats in space.

well yeh sleip doesn't have much Si at all and wont make it to planet unless maybe you were lvl200 captain..quad on the other hand can make it with decent skills.

Apart from the obvious applications of Captain as listed above, if/when they finally introduce the Cargo Missions, captain level will be relevant to the mission.

Captain is space dodge basically and does work vs mobs and players. It also works very much like evade/dodge in that you start benefitting noticeably once your within maybe 5lvls of the attacker or above. On pirates I do notice it works well on some and not so well on others I assume based on theyre skills but against a low lvl pirate I can pretty much make it to caly from SS or damn close most of the time due to the misses.

This is why I made this thread as you make this claim and I haven't noticed any difference. I have asked Pirates if it works as well which they claim "it doesn't." The only time they miss is when you explode and are in space and then your actual player dodge/evader takes effect.

So was hoping to have better clarity on this topic. We still seem to be at square one where some people say it works and some say it doesn't. Currently I don't think it works but would love for it too as all skills should "Matter".

So I think we need some "Actual" data like test or videos. Does it work or doesn't it and too what extent? If you miss a Quad what was your Mounted Laser and what was their Captain? Etc...

Last edited:
Back