Not a rant... / comments on the current state of the game.

R4tt3xx

I want to believe
Society
Freelancer
Alexis Sky Greenstar
Good Day..

Please do not take the following as a rant or anything negative against the "game" in it's current form.

It's just that well..... Personally I am getting sick of the loot waves..... I get home from work and decide to do a bit of mining......

Ten No Resource Founds later, I am ready to slam my virtual keyboard into my virtual desk..... One is ready to put in the "physical" work and resources ingame in order to find resources that the rest of the community can use for items in the "game" and all I get back from the "game" is a big fat extended middle finger.

It could be that I am doing something wrong, it could be that there just are no peds in the loot pool to give out to players at this time. It just sucks that so much effort on the part of the player just goes unrewarded.

It really feels like players should just drop a probe, if it misses, they should logout and try again later.... I know that this is the wrong thing to do, but one just gets so frustrated....

If there was at least some sort of sequence or pattern to it, then I would be all for it, but at the moment it just looks far too random to be "a fun experience"

Game is good , nothing wrong . You need to try more Till You succeed

I hear ya - it's frustrating but that's Entropia for ya. It's dynamic lol

Literally nothing you can do except:

• Keep doing what you're doing and hope things improve
  • Play some thing else for a while

Yesterday, the 16th of May was horrible for me loot wise, i had streaks all day of returns close to 50% TT until the point where I gave up after going -2k peds

The day before, it was better with about 91-95% TT return

I do not think it only affected mining, watching entropia life yesterday each and every profession was doing very poorly global wise.. I should just have logged out after getting my first 50% tt return activity.

Good Day..

Please do not take the following as a rant or anything negative against the "game" in it's current form.

It's just that well..... Personally I am getting sick of the loot waves..... I get home from work and decide to do a bit of mining......

Ten No Resource Founds later, I am ready to slam my virtual keyboard into my virtual desk..... One is ready to put in the "physical" work and resources ingame in order to find resources that the rest of the community can use for items in the "game" and all I get back from the "game" is a big fat extended middle finger.

It could be that I am doing something wrong, it could be that there just are no peds in the loot pool to give out to players at this time. It just sucks that so much effort on the part of the player just goes unrewarded.

It really feels like players should just drop a probe, if it misses, they should logout and try again later.... I know that this is the wrong thing to do, but one just gets so frustrated....

If there was at least some sort of sequence or pattern to it, then I would be all for it, but at the moment it just looks far too random to be "a fun experience"

With these frustrations usually comes the point of scaling back participation and / or not logging in , I am finding myself in that situation now with mining and hunting .

I'm still not playing and not depoing - game too expensive period. Despite what MA says or has done so far, it remains way out of range of any other game. Can't handle it anymore.

Surprisingly I did ok mining yesterday. Had a 125% tt run. MU pretty much non-existent on that though. Used a F-101 and only looked for Enmatter. Had one 6 Ped hit, beyond that it was mostly normal hits, but got lucky and got more of them. A few days before that I had a 150% run, but that was only because I hit a 40 Ped hit, otherwise I would have been down to a 70% run. Each run being a 50Ped run.

I don't mine much but seeing as how the hunting was going figured mining couldn't be worse. So far mining has been far better, but that is only 2 runs into my tracking so I expect the next few runs will be dismal to make up for my decent ones.

EU time

Since yesterday morning ore mining is down, and enmatter was still ok.

When I went back mining in the eve for ores, HR was completely down and after 30 drops I had a terrible HR and TT return of 40% so I stopped.
This morning I tested enm again, was still ok but lower than usual so I just await sales :p

As I said many times before, there are good and bad mining times you just need to see it (more easy if you mine daily) and act in a right way.

This is very common in mining.

During the last weeks mining was great, so most miners have stocked up ready to sell now ^^

Last edited:
Don't feel bad! How about using two terra amp 8's and not getting an uber....:eyecrazy: :confused::smoke::scratch2:

EU time

Since yesterday morning ore mining is down, and enmatter was still ok.

When I went back mining in the eve for ores, HR was completely down and after 30 drops I had a terrible HR and TT return of 40% so I stopped.
This morning I tested enm again, was still ok but lower than usual so I just await sales :p

As I said many times before, there are good and bad mining times you just need to see it (more easy if you mine daily) and act in a right way.

This is very common in mining.

During the last weeks mining was great, so most miners have stocked up ready to sell now ^^

Interesting... So you check twice daily, once in the morning and once in the evening. If its up to "horse manure", you simply do not mine ?

I mine at any time depending what I need, but I do see when HR/TT return is different or down when doing at least 30-50 drops

I assume it will be the same with hunting but then I would be blind, cause I do not hunt anymore.

We are the borg so you need to adapt :p

Last edited:
I just quit mining after loosing a ton of ped. Leeloo is telling about the good and bad periods / waves / times but sorry for my rudeness i think its bullshit from my point of view. Before like march 2018 mining was ok, great even compared to what i see now. Today its just 10-20 NRF in a row so runs from 100 to 200 drops come up with 50-70% tt for me. And this happens every day planetside amped and no amped morning or evening rock or caly after good hunt or bad hunt or just mining 100%. Its better indoor but still a loss. Never did i have a 20 NRF in a row in the past time (before march) or that would mean a glob of hof in the next 10 drops. Nowadays u need to probe like 1000 times a day and cathch those loot waves like we had in hunting, but those were MU waves not tt ones lol. I am sure something has radically changed in mining but most who are ok adapted somehow but they wont tell me lol. I ve mad e a support case but MA say its all good.

I just quit mining after loosing a ton of ped. Leeloo is telling about the good and bad periods / waves / times but sorry for my rudeness i think its bullshit from my point of view. Before like march 2018 mining was ok, great even compared to what i see now. Today its just 10-20 NRF in a row so runs from 100 to 200 drops come up with 50-70% tt for me. And this happens every day planetside amped and no amped morning or evening rock or caly after good hunt or bad hunt or just mining 100%. Its better indoor but still a loss. Never did i have a 20 NRF in a row in the past time (before march) or that would mean a glob of hof in the next 10 drops. Nowadays u need to probe like 1000 times a day and cathch those loot waves like we had in hunting, but those were MU waves not tt ones lol. I am sure something has radically changed in mining but most who are ok adapted somehow but they wont tell me lol. I ve mad e a support case but MA say its all good.

1) You kept mining amped even when you get 10-20 NRF .... = loosing for sure, so learn from your mistakes

2) You kept selling even for less than resellers = double loosing

99% of the miners that takes to me in game and used amps say all the same thing OMG I lost so much using them. Compare it with a crafting machine when you put the slider on condition = loosing mostly also cause of the higher risk.

These are the main reasons but I can make the list a lot longer but hé, I'm only mining for like 15 years so what do I know

So for me it's not a surprise you loosing.

I've seen people loosing like 20-40K peds in a few weeks.

Edit : the golden times of getting rich here fast are long gone.

Interesting... So you check twice daily, once in the morning and once in the evening. If its up to "horse manure", you simply do not mine ?

I know a miner who log in drops 10 probes, if there is no rar in it, he logs off.
An hour later, same procedure.

There is different styles to mine, for some it works for others who try exactly the same it does not work.

Same for hunting or crafting.
Different styles, what works for one individual (even if it works over a long period of time) not necessary works for other individuals.

Finding the style that works for "YOU" is the secret of success.

99% of the miners that takes to me in game and used amps say all the same thing OMG I lost so much using them. Compare it with a crafting machine when you put the slider on condition = loosing mostly also cause of the higher risk.

I think its kind of self explanatory, yet its hard to grasp rationally. If you drop 100 unamped and get 90% return --> thats 10 ped loss. Drop 100 amped and were talking a much bigger loss even though its identical proportionally.

So if you needed 500 drops unamped to get even, itll probably still be 500 AMPED drops to get even. The difference is the height of your gains and losses is drastically larger :)

Leeloo, its not about amps. They have nothing to do with the tt return. You just loose more if amped. Last three months i was mining unamped, and even a few days with tt finder, this all doesnt matter cause tt return kept being bad (all planetside). 90% of what i sold i sold on auc for current market value, but again it has nothing to do with tt return. The only thing that has changed is that now you need to cycle ten times more compared to pre march 2018 period to equalize (at least in theory, i failed to do it). It means ten times less people will be able to break even cause of their small bankroll. I got tired of depositing 10-20-30 usd twice a week just to mine 4-5 hours a day. If you know how to stay alive with 2-3k ped bankroll on mining today than good for you, I used to know before march 2018, now i dont. Unfortunately your advice about amps and auc dont help when you get 70-80% longterm, there is just no MU in resource to cover that loss. The only good advice today is just struugle through tons of NRF until u hof and equalize or quit mining if u dont have ped for the first option.

Leeloo, its not about amps. They have nothing to do with the tt return. You just loose more if amped. Last three months i was mining unamped, and even a few days with tt finder, this all doesnt matter cause tt return kept being bad (all planetside). 90% of what i sold i sold on auc for current market value, but again it has nothing to do with tt return. The only thing that has changed is that now you need to cycle ten times more compared to pre march 2018 period to equalize (at least in theory, i failed to do it). It means ten times less people will be able to break even cause of their small bankroll. I got tired of depositing 10-20-30 usd twice a week just to mine 4-5 hours a day. If you know how to stay alive with 2-3k ped bankroll on mining today than good for you, I used to know before march 2018, now i dont. Unfortunately your advice about amps and auc dont help when you get 70-80% longterm, there is just no MU in resource to cover that loss. The only good advice today is just struugle through tons of NRF until u hof and equalize or quit mining if u dont have ped for the first option.

I'm getting less swirls as before march also, but i'm getting more multipliers up to XII large even in 100-200 ped runs (unamped). But even if I do not get those my TT returns are (mostly) enough to cover all costs and when selling make profit.

I always start with 50 drops and check HR and TT return and compare with results I had there before, then I decide to do another 50 drops or not. So I'm mining very careful and I do not count on getting swirls anymore, if I get 1, that would be an extra. So at this time more and more I see that 1 (or a few) resources are missing or you get those less, that might make a big influence in your outcome.

That is also the reason why I (and other miners that I know) sell in small stacks at a higher % and have a larger stock than usual.
I mine on several planets and build up a stock there until I got enough to use auc transport (fee+transport) up to 50 kg so its still cheaper than warping (even when shared) or when % on a certain stock I have is booming, then I get it on caly asap. (Stock on those planets is around 5K-10K / planet)
I know most think of unamped = boring mining but if that's the way I can survive or make profit, I'll stick to it and if I would need to depo the same amount as you do, the fun would be gone fast I think so I completely understand that.

MA gives you claims (TT value) but for how much you sell it ... they do not care, but this is of great importance for you to keep cycling peds. That's also why I made comparisons between finders (dropcosts) cause every peC counts now.

So that's why I try to write it in my thread and let others know what might happen, I mine for around 500-1K peds /day so I see changes very fast also cause I'm going to the same zones over and over again and keep track of my outcomes.

This is my way of mining and like some say, it might not work for you, but I still hope you will find your own way without making depo's :) so I wish you all the bests. And who knows, 1 day ....

MA are the Borg ... we need to adapt :p

Last edited:
I know a miner who log in drops 10 probes, if there is no rar in it, he logs off.
An hour later, same procedure.

There is different styles to mine, for some it works for others who try exactly the same it does not work.

Same for hunting or crafting.
Different styles, what works for one individual (even if it works over a long period of time) not necessary works for other individuals.

Finding the style that works for "YOU" is the secret of success.

This has merit... I am trying a bit of indoor mining and it's not as bad as one would seem...

You have to "be the claim". Ask yourself if I were X mining claims, where would I be in this area ? Would I be evenly distributed or randomly just scattered around the area...

What would happen to the area I am in when I am found, would the amount of remaining probes decrease, if so would that change the distribution at all ...

I would like to know what kind of sick joke MA is pulling .... This game smacks of social engineering..

Right now my current gameplay loop consists of the following..

Login
Loop the following until I miss when mining
{Go to any start coordinate for mining
Head in a set direction and distance based on a modified PE spiral mining excel sheet.
Grab my claim.}
End loop
Press Alt F4

It's really as simple as that, long term play actually makes things worse for the player....

I would like to know what kind of sick joke MA is pulling .... This game smacks of social engineering.. ....

you nailed it :) I have been wondering this too...what would it take to change the atmosphere in the office (hurricane, typhoon, tornado, earthquake, volcano?)

grinding doesn't work anymore... mining during bad times is money lost imo

grinding doesn't work anymore... mining during bad times is money lost imo

This is how I feel after coming back for a short while.

The previous system was perfect, but now, at these markups mining is starting to feel closer to gambling.

Gaps don't seem to be getting filled with the same consistency as before.

Back