Need help finding a graphics card

Be gentle with me, it's my first post.

My ava is Morgan Gekko. I started playing in 2006. Over the years, I've played Entropia on medium settings at first and then on low as the game has advanced beyond the capabilities of whatever computer I was using at the time. I'm playing on low now. Medium just gets too laggy depending on where I am in the game.

Now I'm retired and living in a retirement community on a fixed income. When I was working my wife would only get mildly annoyed when I'd spend money upgrading my computer. We had money then. She'd get severely pissed if I try that now. This is the reason I'm coming to y'all.

I'm looking for a graphics card that will allow me to run on medium comfortably. High would be nice but I'm not greedy. I'm using an old Dell Optiplex 780, dual core, Windows 10, 64 bit, 8 gig ram, 45 gig free space on my hd, and an Nvidia GeForce 2100 w/ 1 gig onboard. What card can I move up to that won't busts my very limited budget. When I look at the cards given in the Entropia recommendations and research them, I seem to find that they're several years old. Surely there's something out there that will get me easily that "medium" threshold at ,for me, a reasonable price. Your advice would be greatly appreciated. (Haters and smart asses need not respond.) :)

Anyway, here's what I've got:

Windows 10 Professional (x64) Version 1803 (build 17134.48)
3.07 gigahertz Intel Core 2 Duo E7600
64 kilobyte primary memory cache
3072 kilobyte secondary memory cache
64-bit ready
Multi-core (2 total)
Not hyper-threaded
NVIDIA GeForce 210 [Display adapter]
8126 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory

Hope this makes things a little clearer.
Like really? Am I the on;y8 one not being trolled? :scratch2:

Get 10k PED HOF, withdraw and afther 3 months you can buy new PC :laugh:

and after 6 months quit eu because you failed bankroll management and sell pc for 40% gg.

Just an update.

I got a gtx 1030 as recommended, popped in the machine, updated the driver, and, praise Lootius, I can play with everything on high with hardly any noticeable lag. Thanks again to all who contributed to the discussion.

Just an update.

I got a gtx 1030 as recommended, popped in the machine, updated the driver, and, praise Lootius, I can play with everything on high with hardly any noticeable lag. Thanks again to all who contributed to the discussion.

Congratz on the GPU upgrade! :yay:

Back