Summer Mayhem 2018 Preview

Theres only gonna be one mayhem event?
Do i remember it right was annihilation the one that u do 20 hours farming?
And do the mission on repeat until u get an 5k first hour?

from my previous 5 years i believe its best to wait for rules first.

Practice mode, awesome. It'll probably restrict our health and weapons, and I'd prefer to just hunt where I want with the gear/skills I have, but should at least let us have some fun without having to tool up for massive mobs.

There will be no gear or skill restrictions on the practice mode. The announcement text has been updated to clarify this.

Can the team all be on different planets?

Yes, team members from different planets can enter the same instance, and will be returned to their original position afterwards. The instances will be visible in the events list, and available from anywhere.

There will be no gear or skill restrictions on the practice mode. The announcement text has been updated to clarify this.

Yes, team members from different planets can enter the same instance, and will be returned to their original position afterwards. The instances will be visible in the events list, and available from anywhere.

Let me ask this right out front , will players in these teams be able to trade with each other while in this instance.

If its possible and against the rules , just fix it now before people get the ban hammer or disqualified.

Let me ask this right out front , will players in these teams be able to trade with each other while in this instance.

If its possible and against the rules , just fix it now before people get the ban hammer or disqualified.

This.huge potential exploit

What are you talking about? its practice mode, no prizes there

What are you talking about? its practice mode, no prizes there

he is talking about the following.

Since the instance is available on all planets, you might be able to:
- make a team of avatars from different planets
- the team joins the instance
- they conduct trades
- and then go back to their own planets.

This way people
- don't have to travel to the planets to get their trades done,
- don't have to pay to have goods send over to their actual planet, by having a friend buy it for them, and trade it to them in the instance.

In a normal situation you cannot trade with an avatar who is currently on another planet. This way you might be able to bypass that.
I'm not saying that this is a good or a bad thing, but it might be good for MA to take an official stance in this, either yes/allowed, or no/disabled.

... and ty Naomi for explaining it.
It was the first thing I thought when I saw: "Ludvig: Yes, team members from different planets can enter the same instance, and will be returned to their original position afterwards. The instances will be visible in the events list, and available from anywhere."
In fact, I consider it to be so obvious that it would be severely negligent to be designing such an event without disabling trades in the instance, and if it is left on, then it really HAS to be intended, for whatever reason.

I've heard rumours that people are getting rewards for making useful "observations" these days. I sure hope that Bones gets such a reward if this had not been noticed by MA, and I would definitely like Ludvig to answer this, yes!

Edit: Oh, and this wording is repeated from last event, but still relevant I believe - "available from anywhere". No it isn't, if you cannot enter from on board a mothership, for example ...

I am always curious on how many players are participating every events. Should we have a visible display on number of players participating? :silly2:

Trialmode sounds a bit sketchy, i would prefer the free for all setup like in christmas event.

Trialmode sounds a bit sketchy, i would prefer the free for all setup like in christmas event.

AP, compared to FFA, is going to have different entrance (event list instead of NPC) and different number of categories (10 instead of 4) but apart from that it seems to be pretty much the same, at least from what we know now.

I see now, yea valid concern

In a normal situation you cannot trade with an avatar who is currently on another planet. This way you might be able to bypass that.
I'm not saying that this is a good or a bad thing, but it might be good for MA to take an official stance in this, either yes/allowed, or no/disabled.

Well, people wanted a space update... :laugh:

Important question:

Are we allowed to stop and restart the mission to try and roll for 5k points in the beginning of the event?

Important question:

Are we allowed to stop and restart the mission to try and roll for 5k points in the beginning of the event?

SURE...so you have an advantage among others......or we put it in a "every ava has to do it " message to equal it for all out then ...

i dunno if your question was meant as joke or not....soo

EDIT: i personally prefer the old system....1 or 2 points per kill (depending on maturity or something)..
so that there is only the effort and work behind the points made and NOT the "luck" of looting a bigger point token one...

... and ty Naomi for explaining it.
It was the first thing I thought when I saw: "Ludvig: Yes, team members from different planets can enter the same instance, and will be returned to their original position afterwards. The instances will be visible in the events list, and available from anywhere."
In fact, I consider it to be so obvious that it would be severely negligent to be designing such an event without disabling trades in the instance, and if it is left on, then it really HAS to be intended, for whatever reason.

I've heard rumours that people are getting rewards for making useful "observations" these days. I sure hope that Bones gets such a reward if this had not been noticed by MA, and I would definitely like Ludvig to answer this, yes!

Edit: Oh, and this wording is repeated from last event, but still relevant I believe - "available from anywhere". No it isn't, if you cannot enter from on board a mothership, for example ...

What is obvious to us is not historically obvious to the makers of the universe.

Practice mode is a beta of sorts.

If they do allow the quit mission and re-start, for those trying to get a decent set of points in the 1st hour, I'd at least expect old Mindark to put a 16 hour wait time on it, before being able to re-start, just like they do with the daily mission's.

Sick of exploits, even if old Mindark say this can be done, it should have a consequence.

Important question:

Good point! Restarting shouldn't be needed anyway (or with cooldown timer) since we will have practice-mode.

EDIT: i personally prefer the old system....1 or 2 points per kill (depending on maturity or something)..
so that there is only the money put in behind the points made and NOT the "luck" of looting a bigger point token one...

Fixed that for you :laugh:

But on a more serious note, i do understand what you are saying and the old way seems more fair. The new system gives more people a chance to compete. And it's not like you can win with just a lucky point drop. Both systems have something for them or against them.

SURE...so you have an advantage among others......or we put it in a "every ava has to do it " message to equal it for all out then ...

i dunno if your question was meant as joke or not....soo

so that there is only the effort and work behind the points made and NOT the "luck" of looting a bigger point token one...

I'm trying to get MA to make an official statement/rule on this, obviously this gives the player an advantage.

But if MA doesn't officially and publicly say it isn't allowed, (and it was allowed last event due to game glitch), then everyone should have the opportunity to do this, as it does give an advantage for those who do it.

It is possible for participants to abandon the Annihilation mission and restart the event.

In order to prevent excessive use of this feature, and to protect the fairness of the event, any participant who abandons the Annihilation mission more than 3 times will be considered disqualified from the event and ineligible for prizes.

It is possible for participants to abandon the Annihilation mission and restart the event.

In order to prevent excessive use of this feature, and to protect the fairness of the event, any participant who abandons the Annihilation mission more than 3 times will be considered disqualified from the event and ineligible for prizes.

Thats a good change, and are you guys looking into changing the defense mode if there is one? Best suggestion I've seen is make scoring based on total kills instead of time survived, that way you can't just run around fapping in super high level armour for 10-15 minutes without any shooting to extend timer.

A new Summer Mayhem event is planned to take place prior to the Eomon Migration.

Event Dates
Event Start - June 7, 2018 13:00 UTC
Event End - June 18, 2018 13:00 UTC

Gameplay Modes
Summer Mayhem consists of Mayhem Annihilation mode with the same categories and restrictions as Easter Mayhem Annihilation.

There is also a new Practice Annihilation mode, which is not part of the competition. This mode allows teams of up to 4 members to enter and has no restrictions (anyone can enter any instance, with any gear). This will allow hunters to try out different categories and hunt for Mayhem tokens and Summer Strongboxes at their leisure.

Full event details and prizes will be announced at a later date.

Event CategoriesCat1Cat2Cat3Cat4Cat5Cat6Cat7Cat8Cat9Cat10
Highest Combat Prof.<25<35<45<55<65<75<85<95<105105+
Health (Soft Cap)120130160175190220260300340UNL
Max Base DPS34486074829098104110UNL

Originally Posted Here

Soft Cap means what exactly?

Thank you so much for responding Ludvig, I'm glad you chimed in :) :) :yay::yay::yay:

Soft Cap means what exactly?

Means you will have your hp reduced to the cap. So if you have a higher hp you can still enter, but will get a debuff to bring your hp down.

Means you will have your hp reduced to the cap. So if you have a higher hp you can still enter, but will get a debuff to bring your hp down.

and rebuff to full health when you exit.. Handy for sweaters. (Free heals!)

Why 3 times? Why not 1 time?

Back