Summer Mayhem 2018 Preview

Why 3 times? Why not 1 time?

You can be dissapointed with your result and decide to not participate and abandon the mission, after you calm down you can change your mind. That rule for hotheaded players.

You can be dissapointed with your result and decide to not participate and abandon the mission, after you calm down you can change your mind. That rule for hotheaded players.

:scratch2::scratch2::scratch2::scratch2::scratch2::scratch2::scratch2::scratch2::scratch2::scratch2::scratch2::scratch2::scratch2:

what happens when my level goes up to next category during the event?

It is possible for participants to abandon the Annihilation mission and restart the event.

In order to prevent excessive use of this feature, and to protect the fairness of the event, any participant who abandons the Annihilation mission more than 3 times will be considered disqualified from the event and ineligible for prizes.

That needs to be copied into the rules, so no one can go squawking and whinging if they get disqualified after the events finished, saying it was not in the rules.

Anyone think MA knows the formatting codes show in the client loader?
[Probably cause they are the only game still using Internet Explorer]

what happens when my level goes up to next category during the event?

This happened to me during the Easter Mayhem. You can stay and finish until the time runs out on your current run but you will have to chip out to get back in if your not finished.

soft caps on levels most be added.... giving away free skills is bullshit but thers no other option

soft caps on levels most be added.... giving away free skills is bullshit but thers no other option

+1 for that! Even -20 lvl max would be helpful. Atm there is no point to skill up and have to waste ESIs along with 10% skill loss during chip out if you don't have enough money for max dps and buffs in next category...

+1 for that! Even -20 lvl max would be helpful. Atm there is no point to skill up and have to waste ESIs along with 10% skill loss during chip out if you don't have enough money for max dps and buffs in next category...

Suuure, then you would be crying that Vodka, Smigls and other won yours cat and how that is possible, you were thinking that now when there was psosibility to go to cat2 noone can compete with you and BS would start again :)

Suuure, then you would be crying that Vodka, Smigls and other won yours cat and how that is possible, you were thinking that now when there was psosibility to go to cat2 noone can compete with you and BS would start again :)

you are talking nonsense atm... why one should come to lower budget category if there are possibility to win in higher one? and i was suggesting -20lvl max, not 120lvls

you are talking nonsense atm... why one should come to lower budget category if there are possibility to win in higher one? and i was suggesting -20lvl max, not 120lvls

Because why not? Why not win top cat, then borrow top gear to someone who you know and let him win a cat2 even If he can go to cat5? :D you are just stupid and dont know how ppl are working in here, taking 1,2,3rd place on event, then putting "friends" in lower cat with their to uber gear like rings, amps, faps and pills. You dont know anything so just be quiet.

Because why not? Why not win top cat, then borrow top gear to someone who you know and let him win a cat2 even If he can go to cat5? :D you are just stupid and dont know how ppl are working in here, taking 1,2,3rd place on event, then putting "friends" in lower cat with their to uber gear like rings, amps, faps and pills. You dont know anything so just be quiet.

what's the difference with current system? original idea was to give little bit better variaty for choosing category that fits the best to player instead of giving away free skills to achieve that. dps limit still remains so it wouldn't change much in general

what's the difference with current system? original idea was to give little bit better variaty for choosing category that fits the best to player instead of giving away free skills to achieve that. dps limit still remains so it wouldn't change much in general

No one is forcing anyone to move down in categories to better fit with the budget too, because it comes down to budget. Budget for a gun. You don't have to compete... Or you can try but it's not mandatory to win. Giving away free skills is ofc stupid but it's the choice of the player, not MA's fault. More preparation for future events will prevent that, maybe.
Other than the cat 10, all the others seem pretty decent, anything can happen with average buffs and equipment.
A soft cap would determine many cat 10 players to compete for lower categories, forcing cat 9 and 8 players to move down as well, so on and so forth, there wouldn't be much room left for the average Joe that currently has a decent chance for a placement token :)
If you want to gather M tokens for a nice weapon from the vendor and if chipping out is the strategy you see fit, don't blame MA for it. I'd even enforce the profession level rule, once a level is reached (or based on total skill accumulated), chipping out should not allow you to move down in a lower category. I believe THIS is needed the most, if you want to make it more fair for the lower categories :wtg:

Really only cat 10 needs to be split up. If they have a free for all or practice instances then there is no problem.

Why always cat 2 as example. Is it because I am a bigger player and won it? This has always been my level range as I dont hunt often.

Max dps

I am level 32. My questions: is the 48 dps max the base gun or after amps and Neuro a?
And
If I reach l 35 before the end do I get to go to the next highest dps class or stay at the original?

I am level 32. My questions: is the 48 dps max the base gun or after amps and Neuro a?
And
If I reach l 35 before the end do I get to go to the next highest dps class or stay at the original?

The "max DPS" is based on MindArk's assessment of the weapon, as you see on each individual weapon's item info (just below the TT value). It does not count buffs or enhancers.

I reached the top of my level during Easter mayhem. I could not re-enter that level and had to go to the next. Luckily I had finished the 40 hours and didn't bother with it anymore.

Back