Screenshot to carved item

forgo

Elite
Society
Freelancer
Forgo Forgorth Lundain
Pretty excited to finally have completed a goal of mine, to get a screen shot from Entropia carved into something real. Not really a stream or a tool, but a fan made something that I suppose technically could be shipped, and utilized. ;)

Awhile ago, I posted my 3d printed R150 assassin, after getting a new 3d printer.

Since then I built a CNC machine -MPCNC(mostly printed cnc) with that printer and some conduit. (in image below)

I recently went about building a new base/ components case and upgrading the software\board, and finally got it working again.

I took a screenshot from swimming with Levi then broke that image apart to separate my avatar and the Levi from the environment. Placed them into this basic image and edited the g-code needed for the carve.

After all that work finally got a small version of the image done in foam. (I test in foam to be ready for wood/metal) Here it is with the machine:

A lot of the detail was lost in the small size and large bit, but all easily fixed. This is 8" wide, machine is capable of 18.75".

Fun stuff, will probably work on making a real hall of fame board next, with all of my top HOF's. But for some reason I have some wierd-ass notion to build a wall of mob plaques that I enjoy most, so probably be more to come of these. Probably because I want something real to memorialize the time wasted on these mobs, who knows. :)

Thanks

Very cool

Where is the order button ?

Very nice i like :wtg:

Cool stuff! It remember me a bit at a machine, i created to drill holes for electronic plats. I used a Atari for controll the machine, and translate the data from the electronic app to the machine. but this was about 1994 or so.

Hope to see more :)

Thanks alot for the kind words. :)

I added a laser to this machine today and tried a laser engraving of a proteron screenshot. Clearly need to adjust some settings, and probably prep the wood, but very happy it got the general idea out there.

Screenshot:

And the laser did this:

I actually have quite a bit of experience with doing exactly this. Well, I use a cam 5 laser, and a few pieces of software to both render the image into the appropriate format, and then another that is designed specifically for laser engraving. I primarily engrave in wood, but if you are looking for some pointers to get your project to where you want it feel free to pm me anytime. I actually made a test of a keychain for $5 Land Area events a while ago. Sadly there wasn’t a lot of interest in it so the idea was scrapped.

D3926864_6_EB5_4318_9_C83_9_AA08255986_E.jpg

The keychain

Last edited:
Back