Mindark Annual report 2018

It actually is, yes. And not just in Sweden. And 6/44 is kind of crap.

Yes, in Sweden gender equality is very important. The ideal gender distribution is 50/50 so some companies even offers free/cheap education for women with a guarantee employment after graduation so that the gender equality standards are somewhat leveled.

Its going alrite for Mindark.. If u take away the write-offs they would have made a 5 mil profit..

impressed how they manage to hold up the mass hypnosis

6/44 for is a "normal" ratio for the gaming industry, it's not a huge secret that gaming and computers have been mainly a men business, even if it have change a lot the last ten years or so. But change take time.

6/44 = 14% is not crap, in fact this is a very good ratio.

what actually is the overall rate (m/f) of women who take up IT jobs? maybe 5-10%.
in my IT class were 0/25 female.
and they were free to chose IT course or whatever else.

to further improve this ratio we have to force women to take up IT jobs, else we wont ever be able to show a better ratio in annual reports.

6/44 = 14% is not crap, in fact this is a very good ratio.

what actually is the overall rate (m/f) of women who take up IT jobs? maybe 5-10%.
in my IT class were 0/25 female.
and they were free to chose IT course or whatever else.

to further improve this ratio we have to force women to take up IT jobs, else we wont ever be able to show a better ratio in annual reports.

That's the ratio of their entire staff, not just IT. Besides, just because you can think of all the upstream numbers of why the result is crap doesn't mean it isn't ultimately still crap.

I don't know what you mean "force women to take up IT jobs". I'm a developer and didn't have to force anyone to take me. That statement sounds rather biased and a little ignorant. Society has spent a long time stereotyping women out of IT and the concept of having to artificially inflate the numbers and "hand out" IT jobs is symptom of that. That is changing in the next generation and I look forward to it.

Absolutely second this! All in favour?

I'll concur, absolutely. To hell with ComPet and all that nonsense. Time to adjust the lens and focus back in on what drew most of the players in, in the first place. Judging by the other topic asking to choose what year you joined the game and started playing, the largest segment of the player-base includes those who joined in 2006 or earlier, and have stuck it out through all these years, good or bad, thick or thin. When you have THAT kind of loyalty among your community making up THAT big a percentage of your player-base, you damn well better remember what got you where you are, today.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?304404-When-did-you-first-join-Entropia-(Project-Entropia-or-Entropia-Universe-)

If that sample size is any indication, over 55% of your current player-base are those of us who joined, and stuck it out, since 2006 or earlier. Add to that 2007 and 2008 and nearly 71% of your player-base started over 10 years ago and make up by far the largest player demographic in-game. That's huge--pretty amazing, actually.

Without us, MA, where would you be today, I wonder?

Last edited:
I don't know what you mean "force women to take up IT jobs".

only ~10% of all IT staff, who have chosen an IT career are females.
criticizing an IT company for not having 50% female quota means criticizing the women's freedom to choose a career.

if not enough women freely decide to become IT staff to fulfill a feminist demand, then... well... you see where this would lead to. this cant be your cause.

i did not put enough sugar coating on the consequence of your demand, herefor i apologize.

dont get me wrong here.
i fully support gender equality, even if this means a setback for men.
but if the demand for a quota neglects the "natural" proportions, then it leads nowhere.
encourage women to decide for IT instead. thats the way to go.

Last edited:
I'll concur, absolutely. To hell with ComPet and all that nonsense. Time to adjust the lens and focus back in on what drew most of the players in, in the first place. Judging by the other topic asking to choose what year you joined the game and started playing, the largest segment of the player-base includes those who joined in 2006 or earlier, and have stuck it out through all these years, good or bad, thick or thin. When you have THAT kind of loyalty among your community making up THAT big a percentage of your player-base, you damn well better remember what got you where you are, today.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?304404-When-did-you-first-join-Entropia-(Project-Entropia-or-Entropia-Universe-)

If that sample size is any indication, over 55% of your current player-base are those of us who joined, and stuck it out, since 2006 or earlier. Add to that 2007 and 2008 and nearly 71% of your player-base started over 10 years ago and make up by far the largest player demographic in-game. That's huge--pretty amazing, actually.

What draws you, personally? This is a business and you're not the ideal client. Your main profession is hunting? And you have like 20-30 globals a year since 2011, totalling in 7-8 years what one of the top 5 hunters does in less than a week BUT yo feel to throw in the garbage a part of the business? :) You're not consuming any of the product, why do you want it chopped away? Having 2k+ forum posts is not playing the game, its not consuming the product...

criticizing an IT company for not having 50% female quota means criticizing the women's freedom to choose a career.

if not enough women freely decide to become IT staff to fulfill a feminist demand, then... well... you see where this would lead to. this cant be your cause.

i did not put enough sugar coating on the consequence of your demand, herefor i apologize.

dont get me wrong here.
but if the demand for a quota neglects the "natural" proportions, then it leads nowhere.

Please read this article:

https://www.npr.org/sections/money/2014/10/21/357629765/when-women-stopped-coding

Judging by the other topic asking to choose what year you joined the game and started playing, the largest segment of the player-base includes those who joined in 2006 or earlier, and have stuck it out through all these years, good or bad, thick or thin. When you have THAT kind of loyalty among your community making up THAT big a percentage of your player-base, you damn well better remember what got you where you are, today.

Considering there is only 117 votes at this time on that other thread, majority of the player base either doesn't read pcf or do not care to vote. If you want to base the number of players off that thread then entropia is about to die with those numbers. So assuming that majority has been around for 10years is completely false. Don't think MA care much for the older players unless they are ep4 gamblers....they would much rather wait for those older players to be dormant for a year so they can confiscate anything in the account and either wipe some debt or give out as prizes.

That article or the graph doesn't contradict what Orion said, but it actually comes to support what he is saying.
You should show that article to those people that criticize companie for not having the "right" ratio. It is a matter of personal choice, as it should be, and not having to force everyone to have a more suitable ratio in the eyes of a few... don't you think?

dont get me wrong here.
Equality of chance or equality of outcome. People just don't learn from history.

Wrong, i like it (2.0 that is)!

It is different, i am still figuring out things but so far i like it.

And people getting off sinking ship, that is something i have been hearing quite often the last 12 years, though the ship is still above sea level.

I dont have to count player who left, but i know many and even more who do only events. Please stop pretending that player base of this game is infinite.

As i undarstood from anual report that MA is in trouble allready and its 7 months of 2.0?

Best wishes exploring 2.0. I dont have bankroll to doit.

I dont have to count player who left, but i know many and even more who do only events. Please stop pretending that player base of this game is infinite.

As i undarstood from anual report that MA is in trouble allready and its 7 months of 2.0?

What SuperKanjo said, sky is falling since more than 12 years now.

MA is still alive.

It looks ok for me, but I have had some lessions in accounting, so maybe I see this anual report from a different angle than you do.

To lazy to explain, and maybe it is to complicated.

I think EU will do fine when I look at the annual report, BUT it could do so freakin' better with some 1) advertisement, 2) devs playing the game more (not to mention the decision makers!), 3) beta test big events like Enigma and Mayhem before they release it to prevent rage quits and bad publicity, 4) Finish their loose ends (statues, shops not working, gardening, Space etc)., and THEN 5) make room for a lot of new content like Botanist (gather or grow plants)+CHemist (make pills) or whatever (I'm just throwing out a random idea, so don't mind it too much). and 6) Improve/grow the achievements section -> E.g. gather 50 achievements to get 500 daily tokens, which will generate more ingame activity. + Make story line missions by hiring a good writer...

What they did right imho (I used to play 2006-2007, then 2011-2012) this year, which improved the game a lot:

Loot 2.0
less/improved armour decay

Reactions: San

dont get me wrong here.

Society has spent a very long time branding IT, gaming and all things computers as a "masculine" thing. Maybe protecting what was to become a very lucrative industry? Power struggle? Who knows? I'm trying to not go that far. But when you bring up a generation of girls telling them that "that's boys things" and advertising gaming to boys, this is the result.

Let's not try and put lipstick on a pig and call it "freedom of choice." Men face this with plenty of things perceived as "feminine". It happens both ways. But it would be extreme ignorance to call and accept this as some kind of "women's choice" that they don't pursue a stable career in IT. I was extremely fortunate that my parents believe in equality of all things. When Zho got a computer so did I. It changed the entire course of my life. Many girls I went to school with thought it was odd or simply couldn't relate.

It doesn't matter how much sugar coating you put on this, its still ugly and it is an unconscious bias that hiring regulations are trying to correct, like it or not.

But we've totally forgotten my original point, which is that 13% is of their ENTIRE STAFF. Not just IT.

But we've totally forgotten my original point, which is that 13% is of their ENTIRE STAFF. Not just IT.

It's still UP TO THEM to take MA's jobs and not MA's to
- fire men or,
- reject men applications or,
- specify that specific roles are just for women or... ?
to take in women so it looks balanced to you and some other irrational 3rd wave feminists, regardless of IT or tester or whatever positions they have there.

It doesn't matter how much sugar coating you put on this, its still ugly and it is an unconscious bias that hiring regulations are trying to correct, like it or not.

Ugly? Every girl and woman in Sweden can get the same education and choice what they want to work with. But they don't want to work with game design. It will change in the future because of mobile gaming is big today and more girls playes games on mobiles compared to girls that played on computures like C64 and Amigas in the 80ies.

It's just how it look like in the industry, Starbreeze, an other Swedish gaming company that is much bigger, have 44 women of a total of 278 employees. So it's nothing you can blame MA on.

long story short....have the make real profit or not?

What's important is not your bankroll.
You will automatically know how to play the game, once you understand and believe the actual system works.

The problem is I don't believe in the system.

My recent crafting spreadsheet, is so beautiful. Every 100-1000 runs, I lose 18%-26% only. I have never see my losses so little. Usually I will lose around 20%-60% (majority in 40%).

Should I be happy that I am losing lesser now? I should be happy, right?

Back to MA now.
Do you think they care about what their losing now?
These losses are immaterial compared to the number of deep token / deed subscribers applied.
They believed, in some-how, these losses will be recovered in the future, whereas players like me, keep contributing 20% consistently.

Do planet partners publicize their own annual report?

Doesn't look too bad to me, but i agree to those opinions saying Mindark should focus on their core product and improve it instead of trying to gain in an oversaturated market.

Analyze your playerbase and look which type of gamers use your product and which type of gamers use different products. EU is quite mature, nevertheless having mor choices beside pvp and the big three would be great, better storytelling to produce better gaming experience ... whatever probably every idea is a good one. There are enough around here in the forums.

Loot 2.0 i think was a good idea ( judging only by my own recorded results), anyway the dev budget for Compet would have been better invested in Marketing.

Back