PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Prowler
    Become a premium member today and enjoy enhanced PlanetCalypsoForum features!
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Feng Huan SecretAznMan Zho
    Society
    Rangers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    only ~10% of all IT staff, who have chosen an IT career are females.
    criticizing an IT company for not having 50% female quota means criticizing the women's freedom to choose a career.

if not enough women freely decide to become IT staff to fulfill a feminist demand, then... well... you see where this would lead to. this cant be your cause.

i did not put enough sugar coating on the consequence of your demand, herefor i apologize.

dont get me wrong here.
    i fully support gender equality, even if this means a setback for men.
    but if the demand for a quota neglects the "natural" proportions, then it leads nowhere.
    encourage women to decide for IT instead. thats the way to go.
    Please read this article:

https://www.npr.org/sections/money/2...stopped-coding
    IGN: Feng Huan SecretAznMan Zho

Check out my stream! https://www.twitch.tv/lootdemon

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Darth Reven Reborn
    Society
    Love Craft Academy
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Coelacanth View Post
    Judging by the other topic asking to choose what year you joined the game and started playing, the largest segment of the player-base includes those who joined in 2006 or earlier, and have stuck it out through all these years, good or bad, thick or thin. When you have THAT kind of loyalty among your community making up THAT big a percentage of your player-base, you damn well better remember what got you where you are, today.

http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/fo...pia-Universe-)

If that sample size is any indication, over 55% of your current player-base are those of us who joined, and stuck it out, since 2006 or earlier. Add to that 2007 and 2008 and nearly 71% of your player-base started over 10 years ago and make up by far the largest player demographic in-game. That's huge--pretty amazing, actually.

Without us, MA, where would you be today, I wonder?
    Considering there is only 117 votes at this time on that other thread, majority of the player base either doesn't read pcf or do not care to vote. If you want to base the number of players off that thread then entropia is about to die with those numbers. So assuming that majority has been around for 10years is completely false. Don't think MA care much for the older players unless they are ep4 gamblers....they would much rather wait for those older players to be dormant for a year so they can confiscate anything in the account and either wipe some debt or give out as prizes.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Evey Eve Everglades
    Society
    ROUA
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhereg View Post
    That article or the graph doesn't contradict what Orion said, but it actually comes to support what he is saying.
    You should show that article to those people that criticize companie for not having the "right" ratio. It is a matter of personal choice, as it should be, and not having to force everyone to have a more suitable ratio in the eyes of a few... don't you think?

Twitch channel
    | EntropiaLife profile | PM for "Eve's mod fap fen service" | Face masks

Sandal San Tolk
    Society
    OldTimers
    Blog Entries
    Images
    criticizing an IT company for not having 50% female quota means criticizing the women's freedom to choose a career.

if not enough women freely decide to become IT staff to fulfill a feminist demand, then... well... you see where this would lead to. this cant be your cause.

i did not put enough sugar coating on the consequence of your demand, herefor i apologize.

dont get me wrong here.
    but if the demand for a quota neglects the "natural" proportions, then it leads nowhere.
    Equality of chance or equality of outcome. People just don't learn from history.
    1. I NEVER post off-topic.
    2. If you disagree, go to 1.

Old
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Lethal Greeneyed Kookaburra
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperKanjo View Post
    Wrong, i like it (2.0 that is)!

It is different, i am still figuring out things but so far i like it.

And people getting off sinking ship, that is something i have been hearing quite often the last 12 years, though the ship is still above sea level.

I dont have to count player who left, but i know many and even more who do only events. Please stop pretending that player base of this game is infinite.

As i undarstood from anual report that MA is in trouble allready and its 7 months of 2.0?

Best wishes exploring 2.0. I dont have bankroll to doit.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Janko SuperKanjo vd Haak
    Society
    Kaos
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by KokaBurra View Post
    Please stop pretending that player base of this game is infinite.
    And where exactly did i say that?
    Account Created 2006-03-03

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Gloria GoNi Nicestyle
    Society
    freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by KokaBurra View Post
    I dont have to count player who left, but i know many and even more who do only events. Please stop pretending that player base of this game is infinite.

As i undarstood from anual report that MA is in trouble allready and its 7 months of 2.0?

Best wishes exploring 2.0. I dont have bankroll to doit.
    What SuperKanjo said, sky is falling since more than 12 years now.

MA is still alive.

It looks ok for me, but I have had some lessions in accounting, so maybe I see this anual report from a different angle than you do.

To lazy to explain, and maybe it is to complicated.

I think EU will do fine when I look at the annual report, BUT it could do so freakin' better with some 1) advertisement, 2) devs playing the game more (not to mention the decision makers!), 3) beta test big events like Enigma and Mayhem before they release it to prevent rage quits and bad publicity, 4) Finish their loose ends (statues, shops not working, gardening, Space etc)., and THEN 5) make room for a lot of new content like Botanist (gather or grow plants)+CHemist (make pills) or whatever (I'm just throwing out a random idea, so don't mind it too much). and 6) Improve/grow the achievements section -> E.g. gather 50 achievements to get 500 daily tokens, which will generate more ingame activity. + Make story line missions by hiring a good writer...

What they did right imho (I used to play 2006-2007, then 2011-2012) this year, which improved the game a lot:

Loot 2.0
    less/improved armour decay

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Eleria 'Orion' Starwind
    Society
    Shaolin
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhereg View Post
    thank you for substantiating my argumentation with some graph and numbers.
    The +1 PED Shop: /wp [Calypso, 34282, 48134, 111, Genesis Star Tower B, Block B, Shop #4]
    http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/6/2/2/shaolin_leader_signatur_orion.jpg

Proud Citizen of Calypso since February 9th, 2002

Prowler
    Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Elissia Eli Talor
    Images

dont get me wrong here.
    Society has spent a very long time branding IT, gaming and all things computers as a "masculine" thing. Maybe protecting what was to become a very lucrative industry? Power struggle? Who knows? I'm trying to not go that far. But when you bring up a generation of girls telling them that "that's boys things" and advertising gaming to boys, this is the result.

Let's not try and put lipstick on a pig and call it "freedom of choice." Men face this with plenty of things perceived as "feminine". It happens both ways. But it would be extreme ignorance to call and accept this as some kind of "women's choice" that they don't pursue a stable career in IT. I was extremely fortunate that my parents believe in equality of all things. When Zho got a computer so did I. It changed the entire course of my life. Many girls I went to school with thought it was odd or simply couldn't relate.

It doesn't matter how much sugar coating you put on this, its still ugly and it is an unconscious bias that hiring regulations are trying to correct, like it or not.

But we've totally forgotten my original point, which is that 13% is of their ENTIRE STAFF. Not just IT.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast