Question: When did you first join Entropia? (Project Entropia, or Entropia Universe?)

What year did you first join PE/EU?

• 2003, way back when PE was brand spanking new!

Votes: 43 14.0%

Votes: 36 11.7%

Votes: 55 17.9%

Votes: 49 15.9%

Votes: 24 7.8%

Votes: 24 7.8%

Votes: 4 1.3%

Votes: 14 4.5%

Votes: 11 3.6%

Votes: 2 0.6%

Votes: 10 3.2%

Votes: 6 1.9%

Votes: 11 3.6%

• I can't remember

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • I don't care

• I just want to vote

• I don't want to vote

• Total voters
Around mid 2005 here
I was bored with normal mmo's and looked for something different. It was love on first sight, the lore, the visuals the economy and the community they were all top notch at this time. My imagination was running wild about treasures to be claimed and fortunes to be made. It was my golden age of gaming, i enjoyed it to the fullest.

And lets not forget the music then....much better then today

When? See my siggi.

Ahh those memories thx for that all .
I remeber specially the place N of PA where the boots was i got stuck there a good wile hehe and at one special boot u could loot the mkII rifle wich i got me a handfull of then .
And that outpost N of old Fort Troy on the W coast with big bad spiders and robots was a common place to get stuck at to hehe
So many good memories from back then :yup:

Where is December 2002?

I started several weeks before 2003, I can't recall exactly but it was in the C.O.T. phase (Commercial Open Trial), also known as Pre-Gold. Your poll probably could've included '2002' or 'Pre-2003' as an option.

December 2002 was still pretty much unavailable, you may recall wrong. Or I may recall it wrong and this was earlier :)
I recall it as being early december -02. We had two people from MA walking around the few internet and gaming cafes in Gothenburg handing physical copies of the game client to the owners. We were five people actually making avatars that day.

What you describe, I remember as being most of 2003.
In any case, was good fun to explore to the edge of the world and watching the mobs prey on one another.

Last edited:
Where is December 2002?

December 2002 was still pretty much unavailable, you may recall wrong. Or I may recall it wrong and this was earlier :)
I recall it as being early december -02. We had two people from MA walking around the few internet and gaming cafes in Gothenburg handing physical copies of the game client to the owners. We were five people actually making avatars that day.

What you describe, I remember as being most of 2003.
In any case, was good fun to explore to the edge of the world and watching the mobs prey on one another.

You're wrong. I started during COT, which started in May 2002. I was "born" late into COT, not long before the game announced Gold status, which happened January 2003. Why would I lie? :scratch2:

http://www.entropiaplanets.com/wiki/Project_Entropia_launches_into_Commercial_Open_Trial

as I´m an ageless timelord, I joined back in 2019...or rather tried to join...you all been warned...had to do some serious timetravel in order to actually enjoy this one....

You're wrong. I started during COT, which started in May 2002. I was "born" late into COT, not long before the game announced Gold status, which happened January 2003. Why would I lie? :scratch2:

http://www.entropiaplanets.com/wiki/Project_Entropia_launches_into_Commercial_Open_Trial

Lie?

Easy now, read what I tried to say! Maybe it's because this isn't my native language. I tried to say I may recall wrong. Maybe I wrote something else. I am just an ignorant Swede (not the vegetable).

What I'm saying is I can't recall what year the people from Mind Ark showed up with their game concept on discs. I thought it was 2002 but if you played may -02 from abroad, it most certainly was earlier as there was no game download.

My then neighbour turned out to work with their in-game support by the way, which was not a full time employment late -03. Me and the gf had moved and he'd ended up with MA because his fiancé was doing something with billing or salaries for them via her own company.

I would not trust wiki at all, when I rejoined the game later, noone in support knew there had been accounts made in 2002 (prior to the character expiration being added).

I started in late 2002, November or December. I don't trust Wiki either, but shared the link to support what I know. My memory isn't foggy. :)

There was at least one cK member from Vancouver who was in the game before me, not to mention several hunter friends from USA whom I was a runner for back in my early days, so SOMETHING must've been downloaded from abroad... ;)

Last edited:
I joined in April 2006. Some news about NeverDie buying that expensive thing caught my interest and also PE being RCE.

I spawned in Port Atlantis and immediately somebody took me and guided me to that sweat area north east (I think?), which later got its own TP. He also asked me to be my mentor, which I declined. Well, so many years later, I graduated last weekend after a few weeks of thorough playing.

Reaching the sweat cap (anyone remember that?) was my first achievement and I sold my stack for 1.45/k... *sigh*

Another thing that just comes to my mind is reaching Nea's Place the first time and soon after talking to somebody there and chatting about how it would be nice to sweat there with more people as the Ambulimax were so kind and everything was so close to the turret. It was possible to stand under the turret and sweat from there... I mean I don't consider myself as being the initiator of the entire sweat frenzy.

Between early 2010 and March 2018 I had something better to do (well, really?) and I returned and noticed that not much hasn't changed. OK, more planets and all, but the general opinion of the game and MindArk and its affiliates hasn't changed. And we're still playing...

:)

By the way, your poll suffers from the inclusion of some options that skew the results and somewhat invalidate it.

-"I can't remember" could be a legitimate choice, but isn't really necessary.

-"I don't care" and "I don't want to vote" are essentially the same choice, and neither are relevant to what results you're trying to gather in this poll, and should not be options. People who don't care or don't want to vote...WON'T vote. So why give those people an option? It's self-defeating.

-"I just want to vote" simply doesn't make sense. Why include an option that just lets idiots click a button, totally disregarding and invalidating the results you're hoping to obtain?

* Just for the EFD :king:

Scary to see how few people are new actually. It's all shrinking ?

Scary to see how few people are new actually. It's all shrinking ?

Lets turn it to the positive.

Great to see many old school players around! they're sticking! ;)

Noobs just dont care much yet about this hell hole forum. That comes later, when they need to start spewing their guts here. It all happens sooner or later.

Just visit camp icarus, and you will see enough noobs there.

Well 164 Votes is far away from anywhere beeing representative.

What we can see in this poll is:

Some of the old schools, still use this forum, nothing else
:yay:

I am a newbie I didn't even know this game existed until May 2016 when I decided to join. Wish I knew it was around way before that and got to experience some of the good ole times.

I am a newbie I didn't even know this game existed until May 2016 when I decided to join. Wish I knew it was around way before that and got to experience some of the good ole times.

That saved you from buying very expencive gear at the high peak around 2008, when I bought most my gear :D

95% loss in value or even more.

May 2003 for me :yay:

I loved a lot the first 5 years.
In the BIGGINING, Entropia Universe was build on the idea "Keep it simple". No shared profit with CLD/AUD owners, no (L) items, no buffs, just good hunting & mining return, cheep items, looting PED & PEC instead of ammo....

Photo Dec 2005
GCS0001.jpg

2003 for me and still remember sweating bery's at the wall for 10 ped/1K ..... good old times lol

That saved you from buying very expencive gear at the high peak around 2008, when I bought most my gear :D

95% loss in value or even more.

Well there is always money to be lost but I am sure starting early on there was plenty of money to be won as well. For me though I play this game to get skills and starting earlier would of only helped me achieve my goals and be further along to where I want to be. I started with less stamina and many stamina missions are now gone. Kinda makes it hard to catch up these days. So starting early had many benefits :D

Yes, and there was no other option for noobs to get the TP's other then TP-running. I feel sorry for the ones started after vehicles came out. The TP-running (and frustration) is one of my strongest memories... the real exploring feeling.

This was also my most fond memory. This, along with how close and friendly the community was. Don't get me wrong, it's still a great community........but like SuperKanjo also said, it's all very spread out now.

I registered in 2007..........:cool:

2003 for me and still remember sweating bery's at the wall for 10 ped/1K ..... good old times lol

Now that's an interesting comment, as I wanted to post that I joined at a time when I got 11 peds for my first 1k of sweat from 'out by the lake', and see if anyone else could then say about when that was. So did the sweat price even go up slightly in the early days then, or did LeelooM not get a good deal?
If I recall correctly my next ks were at 10 peds and dropping. Then the number of bottles per pull went down too, as part of the slippery slope we have seen ever since.

Tbh, if I had a one-use-only time machine, EU would actually be a consideration for maybe choosing those heady early days that I missed. ....not a good sign about the times rl or vr that we live in today, eh!

Dropkick

Here is my date of birth:

This account was created at [2004-07-12 21:17:19].

Miss the old days as many others but enjoying the present and whats to come! I had a couple of breaks between 2006-08 and one more recent.

I realy like that many old timers are coming back and my owne theory is that some stoped bc the insane prices and think the current prices are more affordable and some who started at age 20-ish at say 02-04 had kids that now are aoround 10-15 and that makes it much easyer to play again.

Ive invested in EU (pe) once again and i love it as much as before, if not even more. Sure, It’s alot of new things to learn but most of it is for the better.

Se you out there.

//dropkick

started in 2004 with Andy 'Nutter' McDonald.

Got fed up of a male ava, so changed to:

Fezza Prozac Sanity in same year.

Was member of Supremecy Reign, with Miss Peel, Jam etc.

Went on a meet with Skalman, Jam, Miss peel, Egg, etc. Was awesome times.

Shame they have gone now..

I joined sometime early 2003 or maybe right before.

This is the first MMO I ever played as a young teenager. My mother did late testing for PE before release and I started right after that. I had to stop playing for a few years in 2005 when I went active duty and restarted with a fresh avatar (current one) in 2009 but didn't play much until a few years ago and now I play almost daily.

If we're reminiscing about fond memories, I remember getting cornys stuck on the crashed ship and sweating all day (with our hands and not a handheld device) before they nerfed the stuck mobs. I also really miss the long TP runs sneaking around agro and getting stuck at outposts. Times are both simpler and more challenging than back then.

When did I start....

Account Created 2011-01-22
Chuck Jarrdhead Wholrey

I was born on a drunken night after an epic poker game..... My buddy swore up and down this game was awesome, the real cash part confused a lot of people at the table that night, but I was still interested in what it had to offer....

The Game loaded, a HORRENDOUS sound boomed over the speakers, and I was dead at a revival at Serpentine Village on Next Island. The area was "bugged", surrounded by boars and pappoo. I would revive only to be slain a moment later at the revive. I don't like to give up.... I came up with the strategy for other games to run the mobs away from the revive in one direction to clear the area a bit. I spent a good amount of time running mobs away, and dying. Some times it would work, sometimes it would erase all I had tried to do, since it was all a bit laggy. He swore there was a Teleporter on an island, I just had to make it there....

About 2 hours had passed, I had made it close to the island with the invisible TP once. I was soooooo close to just giving up, and uninstalling the game.... I was able to run the mobs away, clearing the path, and dying far away. It looked like a really great run. I made it about half way, and a grey papoo spawned in my path, started screaming at me, and landing every hit. I made it to the bridge, on top of the invisible platform, I could not find where to access the TP, and died on top of it.... kind of hovering in space, as it looked. I was PISSED!!!!! finially made it just to get smashed by a screaming monkey.

Right as I was about to log out, someone teleported in, killed the pappoo, and told me to hang on. I was able to revive, and get to a safe TP. I hunted my friends list for his name, but cant seem to find it. If I can, I will edit it in. Since he rescued me, I had an attachment to that area. I would check there several times a day, and help rescue trapped new players. Once I was skilled enough, I would rescue them myself. My first two globals were on mountain boars while rescuing players.

After joining Next Island Noobs, things were good. until..... the planet partner gave up, killed off the economy, and we were forced to leave. Arkadia was my new home, and the Society voted me to lead a new one, called Benevolence. I have always tried to help others in this game as others had helped me when I started. Many great people came, and unfortunately left. But... the memories from the fun times we had are good ones.

Thanks again for rescuing me, and allowing me to pass along the favor

I joined on VU 4.3. Still remember a friend coming with a CD with project entropia on it.

Sadly my Avatar from that time was deleted by MA due to inactivity, forcing me to create this new avatar.

2013 for me. I was out of the game for a while but that was because of where I was living (way out yunder) and the internet would have been satellite and would have been REAL expensive. Now that I'm back in the city the first thing I did was build a new gaming PC and get high speed internet (400mbps) and download Entropia :D

Oh and back then Land Deed were 1200 PED!

A friend told me about this game that just had released. My friend worked alot whit coding and talked to someone he knew who was employed by mindark. He told me all about the concept of real cash economy and how i could get rich :) . Early 2003 i installed the game and created a male avatar named Steve Steveb Belive.

Not to be confused whit other Steveb in this game. I have never made a single tutorial for this game ever. Dropped down in Port atlantis got lost in 10 seconds and finally ended up as a meal for a berycled.

Tok me a while to figure out you had to have a weapon to do damage. I was planning to punch the mobs :).

Joined a soc called Delta Force. It was the founder Mark ace Longston who recruited me. Think when i joined we was 3-5 ppl.

Mark stopped playing for some reason and after a while ppl voted me for leader. Not sure why i never asked for it :) .

Years passed. Alot of skilling. Alot of fun. Tok a break and handed over leadership.

Got back a few years later and asked MA to delete my male chara. Started a female character and here i am. Still taking breaks every now and then but this game will probably follow me to my grave :)

Joined in july 2003. Recently came back to check if my account was still active, which it was lol. Got dragged in again :)

I remember like someone said travelling around as a ghost. That was handy. Especially at the oilrig and other dangerous places you coldn't get near. :D Not because of pk'ers so much, but the Atrox Ola Alpha who ruled there. When one tried to sneak close, and just at the edge of the radar when you saw the red dot you knew you were dead. It came running and insta-killed you lol. And also seeing mobs fight eachother was pretty neat. Araneatrox vs atrox for instance was awesome to watch :)

Back