Question: When did you first join Entropia? (Project Entropia, or Entropia Universe?)

What year did you first join PE/EU?

• 2003, way back when PE was brand spanking new!

Votes: 43 14.0%

Votes: 36 11.7%

Votes: 55 17.9%

Votes: 49 15.9%

Votes: 24 7.8%

Votes: 24 7.8%

Votes: 4 1.3%

Votes: 14 4.5%

Votes: 11 3.6%

Votes: 2 0.6%

Votes: 10 3.2%

Votes: 6 1.9%

Votes: 11 3.6%

• I can't remember

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • I don't care

• I just want to vote

• I don't want to vote

• Total voters
Society
Freelancer
Edgewise
Edit:
If you started before 30th of January 2003, the official launch, please select 2003 in the poll

Errrrrrr I messed up the poll.. I typed 2019 instead of 2009 in the middle of the poll answers... I just need to find out how to edit the poll lol

Posting a poll as I am curious to see how many people are still active from the days when feffoids were being abused outside camp phoenix, atroxes were trapped around the oil rig, umbranoids roamed the woods and had little settlements/villages

Please reply to the poll which year you first joined Entropia,

also you can post your most loved memory of Entropia!

Let's get the nostalgia overflowing!

I'll start:

I started in 2004 as far as I can remember.. That avatar does not exist any longer as I had MA remove it and made a new one from scratch in 2007.

My strongest memory from Project Entropia would be the octagon in Twin Peaks ( "@ Boxes" too! :D ) as well as the one at Corinth, and Billy's.

I also remember the atroxes outside Corinth on the beach strongly, as I used to help a friend hunt them.

One especially fond memory is hunting Kreltins with Mann Mph but I can not remember what year that was. I think 2005. Way before creatures could avoid taking damage.. or reg their health :D

For those who joined more recently, I understand that all the above sounds mental :laugh:

Last edited:
I joined February 9th, 2002.
A date I recovered years later, when I nostalgically reviewed my old PC's HDD drive, where I found the original .txt file creation date with my very first login and password saved.

My first avatar was male and with him I stumbled into this wonderful new world.
But everything was so buggy and dysfunctional in the early beta phase, that I finally quit around New Year.

When PE went Gold with VU 4.2 in Spring 2003, I decided to give it another try, again with a male avatar.
And got hooked! Stupid me!

Now I was willing to deposit seriously and over time I advanced into the regions, where the price difference between male and female for the fancy stuff really started to matter. All clothes and armors dropped equally fifty-fifty male/female. But most avatars ingame were male, so male stuff was (still is!) more expensive.

Looking at the male extra costs ahead and with a broken heart, I finally realized that I had to leave behind my male avatar.
So I recreated Orion as a female avatar on October 29th, 2003, a decision I still do not regret.
Not just because of the costs, but also I had not to stare on a male butt for over 16 years now...

I remember how Eudoria first was only THIS small square map:
teleportermap.JPG

The blurred regions of the small overview map didn't exist and were inaccessible.

Also Hadesheim didnt exist yet. When the grey spot of the city area showed up on map at one VU I went there, because I was close and wanted to look what is new there. But as soon as I entered the area I rubberbanded ("to rubberband"! a VERY common term back then! :D ) back to my starting point again.

My strongest memories are my endless wanderings from TP to TP and even walking around just for fun, because the completely handmade landscape (nothing was procedural!) was so unique and beautiful and advanced for 2002.

Last edited:
See my signature :yay:

There was some article in a dutch magazine about Project Entropia and the possibilities of a real cash economy. That got me interested and not long after i created my account.

I like the community feeling those days, most people knew each other and the old forum, just all in one place. It's al so spread out nowadays...

March 2004. Spiral mountain was the most impressive in the old days.

i joined February 9th, 2002.

My first avatar was male and i realized that all clothes and armors drop 50:50 male:female, but most avatars were male, so male stuff was (still is) more expensive.

since i didnt deposit any money in the beginning, i could leave the first avatar behind and recreated Orion as a female days after Gold VU4.2, a decision i do not regret.
else i had to stare on a male butt for over 16 years now...

i remember how Eudoria first was only THIS small square map:
teleportermap.JPG

Hadesheim didnt exist yet. when the grey spot on map showed up one VU i went there, because i was close to look what is new there, but as soon as i entered the area i rubberbanded ("to rubberband"! a VERY common term back then! :D ) back to my starting point again.

my strongest memories are my endless wanderings from TP to TP and even walking around just for fun, because the completely handmade landscape (nothing was procedural!) was so unique and beautiful and advanced for 2002.

Ahh, yes the swamp behind port atlantis.. where the strong allophyl towered above it.

i joined February 9th, 2002.

My first avatar was male and i realized that all clothes and armors drop 50:50 male:female, but most avatars were male, so male stuff was (still is) more expensive.

since i didnt deposit any money in the beginning, i could leave the first avatar behind and recreated Orion as a female days after Gold VU4.2, a decision i do not regret.
else i had to stare on a male butt for over 16 years now...

i remember how Eudoria first was only THIS small square map:
teleportermap.JPG

Hadesheim didnt exist yet. when the grey spot on map showed up one VU i went there, because i was close to look what is new there, but as soon as i entered the area i rubberbanded ("to rubberband"! a VERY common term back then! :D ) back to my starting point again.

my strongest memories are my endless wanderings from TP to TP and even walking around just for fun, because the completely handmade landscape (nothing was procedural!) was so unique and beautiful and advanced for 2002.

Hoooooly moooooly that picture of the TP interface gave me such a huge nostalgiatrip, and the map itself!

I had soo many clothes from Hadesheim when it finally opened for the public... Clothes vendor :D

2004 here i didn't deposit till 2016 (for pills)

my strongest memories are my endless wanderings from TP to TP and even walking around just for fun

Yes, and there was no other option for noobs to get the TP's other then TP-running. I feel sorry for the ones started after vehicles came out. The TP-running (and frustration) is one of my strongest memories... the real exploring feeling.

Hi All :D

I joined in July 2008. I agree with the sentiment already expressed that one of my favourite things was running in search of TP points. And I have very fond memories of the swamp at PA with all the high level players and their enormous pets helping out the new players and showing us the ropes. Yes, very fond memories :)

One other real stand out moment for me was also at the swamp and that was when MegaVolt completed his sweating skill point challenge. I just happened to be there at the time and felt very honoured to have witnessed it - it felt like a real moment.

Yes, and there was no other option for noobs to get the TP's other then TP-running. I feel sorry for the ones started after vehicles came out. The TP-running (and frustration) is one of my strongest memories... the real exploring feeling.

Totally agree!
I used to run with a) soc mates, b) organised groups or c) calypso rescue team (If I got stuck).

2004 here :yay:

I think what you will see is most active players are old farts because new players don't stick...

2004 here :yay:

I think what you will see is most active players are old farts because new players don't stick...

Mate, yes that would be a right assertion!

1st - 5th Generation players are the bulk.

MA's marketing campaign ain't working.

I joined June 2006

Not to take away from the point of MA struggling to bring in and keep new players, but I also think that PCF is much more known/popular with veteran players compared to newer ones as well.

:wise::wise::wise:

Look over here MA...

Your majority of players (of course this forum poll cant be definitive, but gives a hint of the reality only) seems to be old farts

and recently, many of my old farts has been very sour with different things..

please take care of the old-timers...

Did no one else notice the poll is flawed? There is no 2009, but 2019 instead :)

Did no one else notice the poll is flawed? There is no 2009, but 2019 instead :)

thanks for bringing it to attention,

however i noted that just minutes after posting the thread, as can be seen right at the top of the first post in red text :laugh:

easy to miss,

2019 in the poll = 2009

Jan 2005.
Joined after I read a story about Deathifier and TI.
The RCE part was what drew me in.

I spawned in Atlas Haven, and I remember my trip to Port Atlantis. I needed to get there as a lot seemed to be happening there. To get there as a noob was a real adventure!
Remember @statue?

November 2005 for me. Ahhh the good old days.

Was spawned at Fort Troy and took a long time to get past the wandering Trox to the North for my next TP. Ended up swimming around the coast :)

Old memories.....Giant Mushroom and getting splattered the first time I ever ran into an Ambulimax. Apparently trying to kill one with an Opalo and no armour was not a good idea :)

Ff

Nov 2005 for me :D

So... nobody remember running as a ghost to pick-up TP's ???? I miss that....

So... nobody remember running as a ghost to pick-up TP's ???? I miss that....

That was cool, also the sound it made

November 2005 for me, have had few breaks but keep getting pulled back ingame!

I started several weeks before 2003, I can't recall exactly but it was in the C.O.T. phase (Commercial Open Trial), also known as Pre-Gold. Your poll probably could've included '2002' or 'Pre-2003' as an option. No auction house, no SIB, no (L) items, no mindforce, no vehicles, no hats or jewellery or eye-wear, no planets, no space...when avatars spoke, they made cute gibberish sounds. Not much in the way of websites to find information, just an oooold forum where people tossed around ideas and (mostly) vented their frustration. "CTD" was probably the most-used acronym in-game (crash-to-desktop) and rubber-banding, invisible mobs were commonplace.

Oddly though, there was more of a sense of community, even with all the shortcomings, than compared to now. You could become a profitable merchant if you were good at it (not many were, to be honest) and you could establish a real reputation, other than by simply seeing someone's name on the Globals list all the time.

My first decent clothes were duped clothes that players somehow were able to make through some bug, and MA eventually removed all duped clothing items. One of my early mentors was BSR Beamer, who has long since passed away...he was a well-known trader and helped take me under his wing. I also became a respected trader, somewhat famous in my own right, but I all but stepped away from that when auctions were implemented. Trading lost all the fun and challenge for me, now all you see are deaf-mutes clustered around auction trader NPCs at most towns.

Lots of things were implemented that made the game better, but I also feel that MA really lost its way when Marco and the other visionaries who created this world, left. Now more than ever, it feels that the game is run by faceless money-grubbing dictators who couldn't give a tin sh!t about the community that they were FORTUNATE to build, early on. We put up with so much crap over the years, but our loyalty could never be questioned. :)

Last edited:
By the way, your poll suffers from the inclusion of some options that skew the results and somewhat invalidate it.

-"I can't remember" could be a legitimate choice, but isn't really necessary.

-"I don't care" and "I don't want to vote" are essentially the same choice, and neither are relevant to what results you're trying to gather in this poll, and should not be options. People who don't care or don't want to vote...WON'T vote. So why give those people an option? It's self-defeating.

-"I just want to vote" simply doesn't make sense. Why include an option that just lets idiots click a button, totally disregarding and invalidating the results you're hoping to obtain?

It was tough but it was fun. :guide:

I find to be fun :clap: but occasionally tough. :launcher:

Edit:
My strongest memory from Project Entropia would be the octagon in Twin Peaks ( "@ Boxes" too! :D ) as well as the one at Corinth, and Billy's.

I used to love twin octagon too ... I think some of my old pics are of that.
When I was out of ped or bored ... I'd go there to gain dodge and get launched!
I remember flying and landing on top of the service center once :>

I think the poll is slightly flawed in determining what the player base of EU is. It's evident that the bulk of people on the forums are the older players but I think less newer players seek out forums to begin with.

Back in the day this game was very much about finding your own help via various online sources and community members. I'm reminded of the old entropiaforum, pe-assistant, entropiatools, mytwopecs, peauction...etc. Nowadays though, there isn't as much of need for external help.

This forum has become mostly a place where older players bitch about MA and returns with a few buying/selling threads sprinkled in. VERY few people still post global and HoF screenshots (not that we're missing much since 99% of loots are shrapel these days). Plus with the addition of rookie chat, tutorials and calypso officials there isn't really much of a need for new players to have to go to an external forum to get help.

Back