PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources

View Poll Results: What year did you first join PE/EU?

Voters
216. You may not vote on this poll
  • 2003, way back when PE was brand spanking new!

27 12.50%

25 11.57%

40 18.52%

29 13.43%

18 8.33%

18 8.33%

2 0.93%

10 4.63%

10 4.63%

2 0.93%

7 3.24%

3 1.39%

3 1.39%

10 4.63%

3 1.39%

3 1.39%
  • I can't remember

1 0.46%
  • I don't care

2 0.93%
  • I just want to vote

2 0.93%
  • I don't want to vote

1 0.46%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Around mid 2005 here
    I was bored with normal mmo's and looked for something different. It was love on first sight, the lore, the visuals the economy and the community they were all top notch at this time. My imagination was running wild about treasures to be claimed and fortunes to be made. It was my golden age of gaming, i enjoyed it to the fullest.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Quell Que Star
    Society
    Gunslingers
    Images
    And lets not forget the music then....much better then today

Stalker
    This member has helped support PlanetCalypsoForum in the past via donations.
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Lazer"LAZZ" Nero
    Society
    Calypso Rescue Team
    Images
    When? See my siggi.

Ahh those memories thx for that all .
    I remeber specially the place N of PA where the boots was i got stuck there a good wile hehe and at one special boot u could loot the mkII rifle wich i got me a handfull of then .
    And that outpost N of old Fort Troy on the W coast with big bad spiders and robots was a common place to get stuck at to hehe
    So many good memories from back then

Hi, your account was created on the following date 2004-09-26.
    Regards,
    Entropia Support

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Megan Meg Arlington
    Society
    GloryHound Irregulars, ex Dirty Dozen, ex...ehhh beta
    Images
    Where is December 2002?

Quote Originally Posted by Coelacanth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I started several weeks before 2003, I can't recall exactly but it was in the C.O.T. phase (Commercial Open Trial), also known as Pre-Gold. Your poll probably could've included '2002' or 'Pre-2003' as an option.
    December 2002 was still pretty much unavailable, you may recall wrong. Or I may recall it wrong and this was earlier
    I recall it as being early december -02. We had two people from MA walking around the few internet and gaming cafes in Gothenburg handing physical copies of the game client to the owners. We were five people actually making avatars that day.

What you describe, I remember as being most of 2003.
    In any case, was good fun to explore to the edge of the world and watching the mobs prey on one another.
    Last edited by Meg; 06-05-2018 at 08:21.
    http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic3985_2.gif

Goatts
    Society
    Callidus
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by maiden View Post
    So... nobody remember running as a ghost to pick-up TP's ???? I miss that....
    I play as a goat all the time! oh wait...

Coelacanth Coelacanth Maryka
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Where is December 2002?

December 2002 was still pretty much unavailable, you may recall wrong. Or I may recall it wrong and this was earlier
    I recall it as being early december -02. We had two people from MA walking around the few internet and gaming cafes in Gothenburg handing physical copies of the game client to the owners. We were five people actually making avatars that day.

What you describe, I remember as being most of 2003.
    In any case, was good fun to explore to the edge of the world and watching the mobs prey on one another.
    You're wrong. I started during COT, which started in May 2002. I was "born" late into COT, not long before the game announced Gold status, which happened January 2003. Why would I lie?

http://www.entropiaplanets.com/wiki/...ial_Open_Trial
    Entropia's Unluckiest Vet - The Real Unchosen One
    Paying for all your HOFs and ubers since 2003.

Check out My Gallery for vintage screenshots and a humorous look at Project Entropia.

Jim Toecutter Profit
    Society
    Dark Knights[colonel] - Apprentices
    Images
    as I┤m an ageless timelord, I joined back in 2019...or rather tried to join...you all been warned...had to do some serious timetravel in order to actually enjoy this one....

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Megan Meg Arlington
    Society
    GloryHound Irregulars, ex Dirty Dozen, ex...ehhh beta
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Coelacanth View Post
    You're wrong. I started during COT, which started in May 2002. I was "born" late into COT, not long before the game announced Gold status, which happened January 2003. Why would I lie?

http://www.entropiaplanets.com/wiki/...ial_Open_Trial
    Lie?

Easy now, read what I tried to say! Maybe it's because this isn't my native language. I tried to say I may recall wrong. Maybe I wrote something else. I am just an ignorant Swede (not the vegetable).

What I'm saying is I can't recall what year the people from Mind Ark showed up with their game concept on discs. I thought it was 2002 but if you played may -02 from abroad, it most certainly was earlier as there was no game download.

My then neighbour turned out to work with their in-game support by the way, which was not a full time employment late -03. Me and the gf had moved and he'd ended up with MA because his fiancÚ was doing something with billing or salaries for them via her own company.

I would not trust wiki at all, when I rejoined the game later, noone in support knew there had been accounts made in 2002 (prior to the character expiration being added).
    http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic3985_2.gif

Coelacanth Coelacanth Maryka
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I started in late 2002, November or December. I don't trust Wiki either, but shared the link to support what I know. My memory isn't foggy.

There was at least one cK member from Vancouver who was in the game before me, not to mention several hunter friends from USA whom I was a runner for back in my early days, so SOMETHING must've been downloaded from abroad...
    Last edited by Coelacanth; 06-15-2018 at 18:20.
    Entropia's Unluckiest Vet - The Real Unchosen One
    Paying for all your HOFs and ubers since 2003.

Check out My Gallery for vintage screenshots and a humorous look at Project Entropia.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    ender endermigne migne
    Society
    The White Dots
    Images
    I joined in April 2006. Some news about NeverDie buying that expensive thing caught my interest and also PE being RCE.

I spawned in Port Atlantis and immediately somebody took me and guided me to that sweat area north east (I think?), which later got its own TP. He also asked me to be my mentor, which I declined. Well, so many years later, I graduated last weekend after a few weeks of thorough playing.

Reaching the sweat cap (anyone remember that?) was my first achievement and I sold my stack for 1.45/k... *sigh*

Another thing that just comes to my mind is reaching Nea's Place the first time and soon after talking to somebody there and chatting about how it would be nice to sweat there with more people as the Ambulimax were so kind and everything was so close to the turret. It was possible to stand under the turret and sweat from there... I mean I don't consider myself as being the initiator of the entire sweat frenzy.

Between early 2010 and March 2018 I had something better to do (well, really?) and I returned and noticed that not much hasn't changed. OK, more planets and all, but the general opinion of the game and MindArk and its affiliates hasn't changed. And we're still playing...

A proud Senior member since 6th of May 2008, 01:47a

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast