PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Results 61 to 69 of 69
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by sighlentz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm missing something here? What's the purpose of being solo in a Team setting anyway?
    I think Hans has it right - the ability to get a detailed loot log and a team target distance on space mobs, for example.
    Hans suggests implementing this without the team element by different programming, so that indeed there may be little point in being solo in a team.

    Edit: Oh, and ty MA for catching the comment that 'available everywhere' for the Mayhem events was not accurate. At least the rules now state access can be from any planet, which is clear, even though I'd have preferred access from an MS or station in space too...

  2. #62
    Marauder GoNi's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2007
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Location
    Calypso, Sakura City
    Avatar
    Gloria GoNi Nicestyle
    Society
    freelancer
    Posts
    7,032
    Images
    591
    Quote Originally Posted by sighlentz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm missing something here? What's the purpose of being solo in a Team setting anyway?
    Donīt know if it happened to you, but it already happened to me!

    Scenario:
    2 Hunters in Team, one of it CTD the moment the mob is dead (befor looted).
    Suddenly you are alone in the team, canīt loot the mob.
    If your hunting mate need to long to get back into game, the mob will disapear unlooted.

    Other reasons already mentioned (loot tracking in chat log)

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by GoNi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    2 Hunters in Team, one of it CTD the moment the mob is dead (befor looted).
    Suddenly you are alone in the team, canīt loot the mob.
    Historically, it's been solved by asking a friend or socmate to join your team so you can loot it. (But, yes, kind of annoying.) Long time ago, someone explained somethi8ng like, it had happened abuse where team leader kicked all team and got the loot; maybe it was tied to some other loot rule like "queue" and that's why it can be removed.

  4. #64
    Alpha
    Joined
    May 2015
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Drama
    Avatar
    Zarta Maiden Selios
    Society
    @Rig
    Posts
    562
    Images
    73
    never thought I would say this but ..... good job MA team ....
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertha Bot View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The CDF have relocated Fort Medusa!
    Could it be that the MA - who normally move slower than the shifting of tectonic plates - have actually been pro-active?

  5. #65
    Provider
    Joined
    Aug 2005
    Avatar
    Paul Ray Spinn
    Society
    The Shop (Check in any Society terminal the INFO of our Society, to see our offers)
    Posts
    119
    Blog Entries
    1
    Images
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertha Bot View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    New Features

    • Input (Paul's note: "input" in MindArk language = MONEY) spent on explosive destructibles (Paul's note: "explosive destructibles"= explosive projectiles, i guess) that damage an enemy now contribute to loot returns.


    I am surprised that this "explosive" announcement hasn't been clarified yet :

    to me it might mean that the money spent by a player to buy explosive projectiles BY AUCTION, or EVEN to CRAFT them (!) , will be involved into the loot calculations (!!!)


    A word by MindArk officials would be appreciated, since -if i am right- the consequences will be revolutionary.

    So far MindArk has stated that money spent on auctions wasn't included into the loot calculations.
    MAYBE something has changed, including perhaps even the money spent to craft explo projectiles (!?)



    Let's wait for clarifications from MindArk officials


    Paul
    Last edited by bigPaul; 06-07-2018 at 20:01.
    The list of my Contributions to the Success and Growth of Entropia Universe :
    http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/fo...ropia-Universe

    My Avatar name: Paul Ray Spinn

  6. #66
    Prowler messi91's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2013
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Ro
    Avatar
    Gaina "Messi91" Cristi
    Society
    House of Gamers
    Posts
    1,752
    Images
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by bigPaul View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am surprised that this "explosive" announcement hasn't been clarified yet :

    to me it might mean that the money spent by a player to buy explosive projectiles BY AUCTION, or EVEN to CRAFT them (!) , will be involved into the loot calculations (!!!)


    A word by MindArk officials would be appreciated, since -if i am right- the consequences will be revolutionary.

    So far MindArk has stated that money spent on auctions wasn't included into the loot calculations.
    MAYBE something has changed, including perhaps even the money spent to craft explo projectiles (!?)



    Let's wait for clarifications from MindArk officials


    Paul
    "Input spent on explosive destructibles that damage an enemy now contribute to loot returns."
    Means that now when you run robot beacons and you shoot lasers/beams/barrels/shit instead of getting scammed that ammo spent on those stuff will count somehow to your loot returns.
    Registered EU: 5th Oct 2013
    First Entropia Master in the Universe on 9th June 2017/450 hp 9th Sept 2018
    https://www.twitch.tv/messi91eu

  7. #67
    Provider
    Joined
    Aug 2005
    Avatar
    Paul Ray Spinn
    Society
    The Shop (Check in any Society terminal the INFO of our Society, to see our offers)
    Posts
    119
    Blog Entries
    1
    Images
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by messi91 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "Input spent on explosive destructibles that damage an enemy now contribute to loot returns."
    Means that now when you run robot beacons and you shoot lasers/beams/barrels/shit instead of getting scammed that ammo spent on those stuff will count somehow to your loot returns.

    Lol ok, thanks

    ...no revolution on explosive projectiles for now


    Paul
    The list of my Contributions to the Success and Growth of Entropia Universe :
    http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/fo...ropia-Universe

    My Avatar name: Paul Ray Spinn

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertha Bot View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    New Features
    [LIST] [*]It is now possible to loot creatures when alone in a team.
    Nope, doesn't work, with either setting. Would be nice. Also please make sure when alone in team you still get the

    [Team]: Xen received [Shrapnel] (21510).

    type messages.
    1.99% Spiders! @Takuta Plateau 38736, 31700

    Xen Shop Modified Fire Forge BGH 4400M t6.9 tt+19k (tt ~330) Omegaton A104 Combustive Attack Nanochip VIII t1.9 Dune Rider Arm Guards (M) t1.9 Dune Rider Foot Guards (M) t1.7 Merry Mayhem 12 Shin Guards (M) t2.7 Athenic Ring Adjusted Christmas Strongbox 168 @ 10 ped each

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Naomi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    this discussion about leeching is incorrect.

    Say someone loots a 40k pedder, and afterwards the lootpool at that mob/area feels 'dead'. Are you going to claim he's leeching? Are you saying he's putting other ppl at a disadvantage?

    No, this is incorrect.
    Yes, past loot may impact other players, but it is not leeching.

    If player A does 50dmg, and player B does 100dmg, player A should get 33% of the loot and player B 66% of the loot.

    IT SHOULD NOT MATTER HOW YOU DID THE DAMAGE

    It should not matter whether it is with buffs, higher weapons, fire chip, a few lucky crits, or whatever.

    damage should equal returns
    If you are able to do cheap damage, good for you.
    If not, work your way up.
    That is your point of viev and i respect that, i can even understand were you comming from and your arguments are all valid.

    However nothing is really black and white, i like the change because it take away a lot of pressure to put immense ammounts of money into entropia just to survive. People with med efficency weapons will still contribute some peds to the ones with high efficency and occasional hunters will never reach the looter profession levels that hardcore grinders will reach wich is also shifting some peds towards the super geared cookie cutter heavywight champions of entropia. Also , the high efficency people also put in the most peds per minute and will still get the biggest part of ESI and other goodies dropping from the shared mobs.

    Non competetive players wich are the majority in entropia will also never get in the top ranks of all those mayhems , those loots and the prices for the mayhem token are still exclusive to the heavy grinders. After all, yes mindark took an advantage for super eco players on shared mobs away but i dont think the system in general is now broken.

    I love team hunts and shared mobs and i feel now more confident and at ease to participate in some old freds on the next migration. Mindark need to keep everyone happy and thats a hard job , i believe they found a good middle ground for the moment. As i said i get the point of people who liked the old system more but i dont think its so bad at all.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Planet Calypso on Twitter  Follow Planet Calypso on Facebook