FYI: Healerloot changes, possible explloit

GoNi

Slayer
Society
freelancer
Gloria GoNi Nicestyle
With latest update healerloot changed.

Its no longer a set % by agreement, now it is automatically available in every team, aswell on shared mobs.

Possible to exploit, by just getting hit and heal yourself without shooting you get healerloot.

Tested both in team and on shared mobs.

The amount of loot seems to be calculated by contribution, so fact, less eco FAP gets even more healerloot than top end FAPs (Mod/Imp or ModRestChip).

I'm guessing its determined by tt cost, 1 PED healing is equal to 1 PED ammo in terms of loot

This must be a mistake, like the looter skills when they were implemented.

Interesting.

In my test, healer loot didn't work at all.

Guess you only get paid for healing yourself, not others. Silly.

Who gets the loot if you heal someone else? I need to know...

Edit: Just saw Haruto's message.

So it seems that the loot for healing goes to the person that gets healed...interesting...would be nice to see if someone can confirm this?

I'm guessing its determined by tt cost, 1 PED healing is equal to 1 PED ammo in terms of loot

Yes, at first test it looks like that.
Have done only a quick test. No hard data about the distribution yet, needs further testing.

not really an exploit, using a healing tool, just like shooting a gun or having your armor decay counts as a cost being incurred towards that creature in loot 2.0

Who gets the loot if you heal someone else? I need to know...

Edit: Just saw Haruto's message.

So it seems that the loot for healing goes to the person that gets healed...interesting...would be nice to see if someone can confirm this?

A three avatar test is needed - A gets hit, B heals them, C kills the mob.

Interesting.

As it should be, because if you are paying a healer for his decay he is already being paid, and shouldn't get loot on top of it.

And this prevents people leaching off hunters by just running up and healing them without permission.

Interesting.

That sounds even worse, well will do another test later.

As it should be, because if you are paying a healer for his decay he is already being paid, and shouldn't get loot on top of it.

And this prevents people leaching off hunters by just running up and healing them without permission.

Agree 100%

does it only work when in team or can you just stand there getting hit all day by different mobs, heal yourself and then get the loot?

does it only work when in team or can you just stand there getting hit all day by different mobs, heal yourself and then get the loot?

Think it won´t work with normal mobs, but it may work with shared mobs that way.

Think it won´t work with normal mobs, but it may work with shared mobs that way.

Lets test it, are there shared mobs anywhere right now? Ill go check feffwave anyway

ye correct I healed myself and others at barthoon and I got 1 pec shrapnel

Lets test it, are there shared mobs anywhere right now? Ill go check feffwave anyway

mutant attack locations are all shared mobs

so ppl fapping you can leech your loot?

Then what's the point in paying for a fapper if they get paid already by taking your loot.
Did they just kill the fapper profession on shared?

Then what's the point in paying for a fapper if they get paid already by taking your loot.
Did they just kill the fapper profession on shared?

I doubt it I healed like 10 times and got 1 pec loot, so if average would be 1/10th decay no healer in his right mind would do such

I doubt it I healed like 10 times and got 1 pec loot, so if average would be 1/10th decay no healer in his right mind would do such

Maybe that is because you use a mod fap, and you get PART of the loot of that specific mob.

Imagine a high decay fap, on a 5digit hof...

Try looking from the perspective of a team that does actual teamwork ;)

(yes I know that one is a rare beast)

Try looking from the perspective of a team that does actual teamwork ;)

(yes I know that one is a rare beast)

I think if you want to take all the loot and pay your healer for his decay you just go Looter Takes All and if you want to hunt as a team and have your loot be split as fairly to everyone for all of their incurred costs (healing tool, armor decay, weapon usage, etc) then you take the regular Shared Loot team option.

I don't see a problem here, and if a healer wants to go to shared loot and use his healing tool over and over to incur costs he will only be paid back based on his incurred costs so that isn't an issue at all, even if the loot happens to be a 10x multi or whatever he's just getting a 10x multi of his incurred costs which happens to be how this game works.

Only in team or shared loot. The first you can control whom you let in, the second is legitimate participation. I agree about having mixed feelings when someone does this without asking in some situations, but there shouldn't be any real disadvantage when it happens.

the second is legitimate participation.

only if you agree to the person fapping you.

There is a difference between:
1 - someone else shooting and getting his part in the mob
2 - someone else fapping you, so that you can't fap yourself and leeching your loot.

Did you get any if you only healed other players and not yourself?

2 - someone else fapping you, so that you can't fap yourself and leeching your loot.

What about field regen chips too?!

How is it leeching? They have a cost associated with healing. You have a cost associated in killing. Both are added to the mobs kill cost and then comes the multiplier. MOST of the time they will lose as the majority of multipliers are under 100%. Most healers would spend less than a person using a TT weapon to roll the dice and hope the multiplier is a hof. Will you now cry over the person using the TT weapon?

No, it is not leeching. The healer's share is entirely legit. Like I said, I agree to mixed feelings depending on situation. But if you go into shared loot as a healer you have to heal someone. And since it is public, that someone doesn't have the power to prevent people from doing it. If this annoys you too much, then you don't want to be in a shared loot setting.

No, it is not leeching. The healer's share is entirely legit. Like I said, I agree to mixed feelings depending on situation. But if you go into shared loot as a healer you have to heal someone. And since it is public, that someone doesn't have the power to prevent people from doing it. If this annoys you too much, then you don't want to be in a shared loot setting.

I totally understand your viewpoint.
It is not leeching indeed

However it is affecting someone elses gameplay and EU experience. If this is against his will, and interfering with other people's EU experience is against the TOU.

I have nothing against healing people. I often heal people who I see are in need. But I do that for fun and to help out. Not to get their loot.

The shared mob being divided against shooters is the intended feature of shared mob events. The fappers loot is a silly coincidence.

The shared mob being divided against shooters is the intended feature of shared mob events. The fappers loot is a silly coincidence.
I don't want to drag this out or abuse it to rack up post count. You may want to re-think this viewpoint from a strictly mathematical angle.

So i can join shared loot hunters and just heal myself when needed to skill up paramedic now?

So i can join shared loot hunters and just heal myself when needed to skill up paramedic now?

I think you need to trigger the game to record you as being involved in that kill first, like being hit by the mob, but yes, your defensive costs involved with the kill such as healing or armor will be calculated into the loot and associated with you and therefore returned to you, kind of doubt they're returned at 100% back at all, so not sure I would really recommend doing this, also, you can do the same thing solo hunting if you want, defensive costs are calculated into kills there as well.

Back