VU 15.17.0 Kill Credit Problems

Have had same thing happen on Arkadia... Full hp mob.. did the kill, got msg loot was claimed by someone else.. suplied screenshot to suport and explained the issue and how i was the only green dot in mile (sadly but true, lots empty room).. next day they send me an excuse for it happening and refund of 5 ped ammo cost-- so spam suport on all cases like this.. it do help and you will get the cost of kill returned most likely.. but not more

It was a Ninja Spawn behind me, Full HP, no other players around so nobody could shoot it.
Fresh spawn full HP and when I killed it, got the message Loot is claimed by someone else.

A guess in that case: Someone, outside your radar, tagged it, and continued to shoot at it but it got stuck at a tree until it reached the hunter. (I could imagine this happening to a big, fast regen creature like new Eomon or Spider.) Then, after being stuck for a while (say 15 minutes) it got "teleported" to you. That is, it wasn't a ninja spawn, but a previous spawned creature that got reallocated. And that it originally was in stuck state when it appeared next to you, but as it attacked you it lost its stuck status so you could hit it.

I got a suggestion: A special marker on mobs (same way as shared mob) that show up on a creature that you, at its current state, wouldn't be able to loot if you killed it (ie someone else has >= 50% damage on it).

Last edited:
Have had same thing happen on Arkadia...

Full hp mob.. did the kill, got msg loot was claimed by someone else..

supplied screenshot to support and explained the issue and how i was the only green dot in mile (sadly but true, lots empty room).. next day they send me an excuse for it happening and refund of 5 ped ammo cost-- so spam support on all cases like this.. it do help and you will get the cost of kill returned most likely.. but not more

Yes recently I had the same problem with a couple of full hp mobs.

And today, as test, I re-tried to kill a mob with 60% health, but again no way :
"The loot is claimed by someone else".

Please MindArk hurry-up with this problem, a lot of players -especially beginners who don't even know that they can ask for a refund- are paying an undeclared tax ,
or at least are wasting precious time to contact the Game Support.

Lately the annoyance generated by this bug has caused a reduction of my in-game time.

Paul

Last edited:
Bumping this since my support case was closed and problem still exist. In my case CP is were i run in to it frequantly which ofc is expected on a small shared area. Never the less very irritating and im sure my hofs are hidden in those unclaimable lots... where else could they be :scratch2:

Always full hp mobs btw

Last edited:
What's up with "This loot is claimed by someone else" unteamed and on undamaged mob?

Hi guys, probably the wrong place, but I couldn't find a SUpport/Bug Report forum - so here may be the closest match (may even explain it - dunno, I'll have a look around).

Anyway, around 6 times over the past 2 weeks (only been hunting Punies and Bery Youngs so wasn't terribly concerned, hence waiting until the 6th) I've had a monster loot go unlootable and display the text: "This loot is claimed by someone else" which I am familiar with, from teams ... and when you damage less than 50% of a mob in the wild.

Problem is, EVERY single one of these instances I was both unteamed ... AND mob started at 100% HP - nobody even on radar.

Is this a game effect that is labelled poorly? I did play a small amount during the time when EU could give no loots on some creatures, but thankfully this was gotten rid of (hated it) - are they bringing this back and they just gave it a very unhelpful label? Is this a bug I should be reporting?

Thanks for your time guys .. oh, also I have screenshots if the description is not good enough, nothing too amazing - just a sparkly corpse with nobody around being unlootable (I also have the capacity to record but seeing as it's so low frequency, I would gather too much junk footage trying to replicate it)

Thanks again, happy hunting guys :)

It happens since the last VU 1.5 months ago, if the mob was ever harmed it stays claimed even if it regens to 100%. No way to identify such a mob and avoid. Haven't experienced it on Toulan where the chance to come across a "non-virgin" mob is virtually non-existent, happened once on Arkadia, but on Calypso the frequency is high, especially at popular places/mobs.

Ah, that's painful - thanks for your reply man.

Hope they are working on it, not really for my sake ... I imagine it's only 2 PEC I'm missing out on each time - but those people who get it on 50 PTK+ must be thoroughly annoyed ....

Then MA need to do that this mob dont attac other ppl exept this avatar who wound this mob if we other player can kill it for it is wounded.
Or if the person who wounded the mob is not back in 2 minutes then can all player kill it.

Affect every mob damaged or only those damaged over 50% by first avatar? If it allows loot claims for under 50% could be big explosives exploit?

It also sometimes happens in the feffoid pit, with the shared atrax that are spawned by a boss.

//mod note

Merged with an already existing thread regarding this problem :thumbup:

This loot is claimed by someone else (confirmed as bug)

Confirmed as a bug.
I had it in gauntlet; which means that it is an actual bug and not someone doing more damage. (nobody outside team was in the instance).

So for the ones thinking someone out-ddamaged/ped spend or things; nope. Just a plain ol' bug.

i find this bug so may times... then, i take photo and send support case... in a few hours MA give me some peds in ammo for the bug, and apologizes...

So, if you take the bug, Send Support case quickly... :Sip:

i can confirm it is definately a bug.

happened yesterday in neomex cave - private team instance. hence: the mob CANNOT be damaged by anyone else before.

support case is open, i dont want to speculate about the copy and paste answer, else i get angry again...

loot_claimed_by_someone_else_2018-08-21_3-24-50.jpg

I have to admit, support was quick this time.
300 pec Universal Ammo compensation. Thank you. But i rather want to see the bug fixed.

Concentrate on the game: bug fixing before new bugged content before catastrophic side projects!

I have to admit, support was quick this time.
300 pec Universal Ammo compensation. Thank you. But i rather want to see the bug fixed.

Concentrate on the game: bug fixing before new bugged content before catastrophic side projects!

I am very happy you were compensated and I agree, that was fast. :wtg:

I had this recently on Atrox as well once or twice, although it was very rare considering how many mobs I killed.

It was full HP mobs as well. I cant be bothered filling out a claim form or whatever.

Rick

It was full HP mobs as well. I cant be bothered filling out a claim form or whatever.

PLEASE don't pay MA for this crap. You don't even really need a screencap and they're paying in minutes in a lot of cases.

every support case is a reminder for MA to leave alone their newest crap side project for a moment and to concentrate on their bread-and-butter main project instead.

therefor i report every single claimed loot and now end my support case with

- CONCENTRATE ON THE GAME!
- FIX THE BUGS before adding new bugs

btw, all reported bugs have been compensated so far.

Confirmed as a bug.
I had it in gauntlet; which means that it is an actual bug and not someone doing more damage. (nobody outside team was in the instance).

So for the ones thinking someone out-ddamaged/ped spend or things; nope. Just a plain ol' bug.

this bug occurs when mob hits you while you have armor or while you are healing to yourself, and if you do not kill that mob, the program code understands that mob becomes yours because your cost of protection (decay). If another kills that mob, he can not loot it. It can only be looted by whoever was hited by that mob. :wise:

this bug occurs when mob hits you while you have armor or while you are healing to yourself, and if you do not kill that mob, the program code understands that mob becomes yours because your cost of protection (decay). If another kills that mob, he can not loot it. It can only be looted by whoever was hited by that mob. :wise:

this was my first thought, too.
but it doesnt explain why this occours to freshly spawned mobs.
or to mobs in a private team instance, where all mobs were created with the team entering the team instance and everybody inside is eligible to damage and to loot the mobs.

it is up to MA to identify and eleminate avoidable inconveniences like those bugs.
MA disregarding this newer bug in specific, and so many others in general shows a disrespect for their paying customers, which reflects in their annual reports since a couple of years now.

Happened to me few times, support returns cost to kill with UA. Still sucks that this is not fixed yet.

you are not alone.

file a support case, if you didnt.
this annoys MA the most, because they have to handle it and they need to reimburse the loss.

MA starts fixing a bug, when it annoys MA. so you need to annoy MA over it.

support was not helpful the second time i posted - had to name the mob...no 3 peds for me...
on another note - i had half killed a creature when it killed me - i thought well that loot belongs to me - well i healed up and headed back lo and behold some sucker was killing my mob and - boom he got the loot no problem. so wtf is it on or off or wtf? this game is so buggy - i hope the CEO is sincere about fixing the legacy BUGS!

support was not helpful the second time i posted - had to name the mob...no 3 peds for me...
on another note - i had half killed a creature when it killed me - i thought well that loot belongs to me - well i healed up and headed back lo and behold some sucker was killing my mob and - boom he got the loot no problem. so wtf is it on or off or wtf? this game is so buggy - i hope the CEO is sincere about fixing the legacy BUGS!

You died and someone else killed the mob doing more damage than you, thats not the bug, it always was like that :)

It would be different story if booth of you would have gotten the message: This loot is claimed by someone else, then it would be that bug!

You died and someone else killed the mob doing more damage than you, thats not the bug, it always was like that :)

It would be different story if booth of you would have gotten the message: This loot is claimed by someone else, then it would be that bug!

With a recent update, first blood claims the loot (to prevent kill stealing), so highest damage does nothing if you were not the first shot. At least that is how it is supposed to work. This is why so many people are getting the loot claim bugs recently. My understanding is that this holds true even if the original hunter dies.

With a recent update, first blood claims the loot (to prevent kill stealing), so highest damage does nothing if you were not the first shot. At least that is how it is supposed to work. This is why so many people are getting the loot claim bugs recently. My understanding is that this holds true even if the original hunter dies.

Where do you get that from?

If this is real, I have to say biggest fail ever!

Why?

Well, easy to tag some mobs to train them to a serious hunter, and then just collect the loot for 1 cheap ass tagging shot.
Thats even worse than the option that someone with a bigger gun can outdamage.

Yea, that checks out.. terribly implemented.

That is almost it except the way it works is whoever spent more on the mob has claim to it. It is probably an unintended side effect from changing how shared loot works (further supported by the issue arising after that update). Shared loot now distributes loot based on each person’s spend instead of damage dealt. I guess that change also extended to claims in solo hunting unintendedly. In the past, as long as you did >50% damage, that mob belonged to you. Now you have to have spent most on the mob for it to belong to you. The trouble is that mobs “remember” how much was spent on them. So even if it regens fully, if you end up spending less on it than someone else who died to it, you won’t be able to loot it.

With respect to mobs in fresh instances, my best guess would be that either the instances are recycled or the mobs in them are.

With respect to freshly spawned mobs, they are probably ones that have gotten stuck or misplaced that the game then teleports back into the spawn zone eventually making them appear freshly spawned. It is the same reason you sometimes see mobs appear to spawn already damaged.

Back