Question: Attachment/Item Sorting?

VSFS

Old
Society
The Ministry
Shadow Fusion
I was wondering if anyone ever figured out what determines the sort order of the attachments added to things, e.g. guns. It seems that they always reset to some specific order when you relog, no matter which you attached when.

At first I thought it's based on when you acquired the attachment, like the newest one you own goes to the bottom. But some tests I've done showed me that's not the case. Now I believe it's based on some internal item ID that gets generated when the item is crafted or looted. Not sure, I'd be curious if anyone knows anything about this?

I think you will find it seems to follow this strange set of letters..

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z Å Ä Ö

a.k.a alphabetical order

Also... Extender on a UL item?

And if some one says "it is to increase the length of the hunts because the UL gun has low uses" it still has more uses than the amp attached, ergo you still need to visit repair terminal or use portable repair unit...

extender on ul items does nothing but add additional costs for you since the extender has a MU in %, the UL item doesn't...

so my tip would be lose the extender to save yourself the MU of the extender..

If it's alphabetical, how do you explain this?

marber.jpg

No matter which order I attach those things, when I relog it always defaults back to this.

If it's alphabetical, how do you explain this?

marber.jpg

No matter which order I attach those things, when I relog it always defaults back to this.

Maybe the order is always:

Amp - Sight - Scoope

Maybe ?

Maybe the order is always:

Amp - Sight - Scoope

Maybe ?

This is the same Marber with a different Alekz Scope - it sorts differently upon login:

more_attachments.jpg

My current theory is that this particular scope existed in EU before the Amp and the Laser. Then the Amp was created, then the Beacin Laser crafted. I currently believe that every item is assigned some type of unique ID when it comes into existence, either through crafting, exchanging resources or looting. And one of the things this unique ID does is to determine in which order items appear when they're attached to other items.

Don't you have better things to do?

Back