Naomi

Elite
Society
Rangers
Naomi NP Polder
-- What we know so far --

There is quantity loot, which is basically schrapnel:
Part 1 of quantity loot: tt-loot
1) Return is based on your input. Input is the the peds you spend while shooting a mob, this is ammo and decay of your weapon and amp, as well as the ammo that enhancers use.
2) to a lower % attributed, fap, scope/sight and armor decay.

Doing more mobs of the same, at the same place, lowers volatility, and evens your returns.
Quantity loot can easily be up to 90% of your return.

While gun and amp decay, used ammo through gun, amp or enhancers are 100% included in your quantity loot, decay of fap, armor, scope/sights, enhancers and others are only partly included.

Part 2 of Quantity loot: bonus loot
On top of tt-loot you get bonus loot. Bonus loot depends on the efficiency of your weapon. You get it rewarded in shrapnel. It attributes up to 7% of your return. Hunting more mobs will decrease the volatility of this bonus loot, evening it out.

Buffs such as FB and CDI do not raise the total loot you get/hour directly.
- However if they are a items that decay, they attribute to your (1) quantity
- Also, IF they raise th efficiency of your weapon, your bonus loot might be slightly higher.
- Through faster kills with FB/CDI buffs, you might reduce volatility in your returns, and get closer to the intended 96%.
- Your return/mob is reduced, because you hunt more eco, since your input/mob is reduced. This results in a penalty for eco hunters: when hitting a multiplier, you will get less, since the multiplier is based on your input. Also lower loot/mob reduces item chance, because L items have a threshold (for instance, your loot needs to be over 10ped, to be able to fit in an esi). An uneco hunter will reach this threshold much faster.

-- What we don't know yet --

Quality loot
is x% of your quantity loot that you do not receive in shrapnel, but in 'something else'. Therefore having a chance on higher MU then 101%
The total amount of tt loot will stay the same. You will receive less shrapnel, and therefore more 'quality loot'.
Quality loot has volatility and the 'chance' on quality loot can be increased by
- increased dpp (= hunting eco)
- looter skill

Still, what quality loot exactly is, is yet to be confirmed? Or did I miss it?
I see several possibilities

A) Quality loot is every stackable except shrapnel (?)
If A is true, quality loot does not imply that it has mu. Many paints, hides, some oils, extractors, and other stuff is almost impossible to sell since it has no mu. Unless you have a 100k+ pedcard that you do not care about, and you can throw everything in your storage until you have a huge stack, hoping that one day it will have some mu and is worth selling, this stuff will be thrown into the tt, and you had been better of with shrapnel.
Some oils, hides paints ,do have mu, and are worth selling, and we all love those. Think of spleen, nusul hide, output amps,...

B) Quality loot is every stackable over xxx% (?)
Valuable stackables, for instance over 105%, such as spleen oil, nusul and other hides, output amps... To me that sounds like quality loot. Still, market values change, and MA would have to either keep a close eye on the markups, or include an algorithm that looks at markup before distributing loot. I find that harder to believe.

C) Loot Table items: Quality loot is items that loot periodically (?)
These are mainly Limited items such as weapons, armor parts, esi,...
But also stackables such as output amps, mushrooms, ID's,... could fall into this category.
According to the loot table theory, you (can) get these ever xx nr of kills on a mob.
FB/CDI makes you kill mobs faster, so the time you need to get these table items is reduced.
What if FB/CDI also reduce the nr of kills you need on a mob to get these items? Or maybe other factors play a role in this?

-- Conclusions --
On the one hand, increasing your DPP will increase your chance on stackable quality loot. It is not stated that it will increase your quality loot, only that it increases your chances, which can be, 0%, or 100% resulting in quality loot.

On the other hand, increasing your DPP will reduce your item quality loot. DPP decreases your input/mob, resulting in a lower tt return for each multiplier. The lower the tt return/mob, the less chance you have on looting that L item, since it won't fit inside your tt return.

Last edited:
As far as I know, whatever has been announced...the proven meaning of loot quality is still unknown and yet to be determined.

I wonder if DPP doesn't matter at all now, if loot is purely based on input, not damage done.

I wonder if DPP doesn't matter at all now, if loot is purely based on input, not damage done.

correct
DPP does not matter towards loot quantity

but it would matter towards loot quality

and it would also reduce volatility, since you do more mobs/hour at the same ammo consumption.

correct
DPP does not matter towards loot quantity

but it would matter towards loot quality

So in theory everyone should have about the same overall TT return?

So in theory everyone should have about the same overall TT return?

That is correct.

When using FB/CDI, improving your DPP, you do not consume more ammo/decay, = your INPUT stays the same. tt-loot is calculated on input, therefore your tt-loot stays the same.

You will kill more mobs/hour, but you will get less loot/mob. The net tt-result should be +- the same.

However by killing more mobs/hour, you increase your chance on hitting that multiplier or that item.
On top of that, hunting at a higher DPP is said to improve your quality loot, which could have lower or higher mu then shrapnel.

That is correct.

When using FB/CDI, improving your DPP, you do not consume more ammo/decay, = your INPUT stays the same. tt-loot is calculated on input, therefore your tt-loot stays the same.

You will kill more mobs/hour, but you will get less loot/mob. The net tt-result should be +- the same.

However by killing more mobs/hour, you increase your chance on hitting that multiplier or that item.
On top of that, hunting at a higher DPP is said to improve your quality loot, which could have lower or higher mu then shrapnel.
Hmm leveling the playing field by MA... interesting change. :ahh:
I guess they finally realized that they can take less % from all instead of more % of some and less % from 1%. And in turn earning more revenue.

Loot 2.5 here we come.

That is correct.

This is not correct.

While DPP does not matter, efficiency parameter does matter for tt return (0-7%), as stated many many times for Mindark.

Naomi, you need to seriously look through all of the developer notes and comments last summer when loot 2.0 came out. Some of what you are saying is just plain wrong. Please get informed first before doing any more posting...

This is not correct.

While DPP does not matter, efficiency parameter does matter for tt return (0-7%), as stated many many times for Mindark.

Naomi, you need to seriously look through all of the developer notes and comments last summer when loot 2.0 came out. Some of what you are saying is just plain wrong. Please get informed first before doing any more posting...

which I explained in my OP about bonus loot...
please read up before posting

increasing your DPP does not always increase your efficiency.
2% FB on an imk2 does not increase its efficiency, test it for yourself, you'll see.

Last edited:
which I explained in my OP...
increasing your DPP does not always increase your efficiency.

please read up before posting

In which case, you contradicted yourself when you replied to sub-zero and agreed everyone has the same tt return.

Also, it is unproven as far as I know that efficiency parameter only affects bonus loot and not just loot in general.

In which case, you contradicted yourself when you replied to sub-zero and agreed everyone has the same tt return.

Also, it is unproven as far as I know that efficiency parameter only affects bonus loot and not just loot in general.

its important to not let facts get in the way of a good story.

wrong again
I never stated everyone has the same tt return. You either try to put words in my mouth that I did not say, or you misinterpreted my answers.

please be aware of the difference between tt loot and bonus loot

This thread is meant to be constructive and explain things. If your only purpose is trying to troll/bash threads, I'll refrain from answering your posts.

I voted A! Did I get it right? :girl:

Is Quality loot mentioned anywhere in the developer notes, as I don't seem to be able to find it?

Edit:
Well let's assume if it was MA definition, then I have voted correctly.
If it was ment as Players definition, then I have voted wrong.

Anyway gl with your quest
:nutkick:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll just leave this here...

Charlie|MindArk MindArk Official 09-29-2017, 14:26
DPP affects loot composition and critical hit/damage etc affect the DPP.
Efficiency directly affects average TT return by 0-7%.
-- What we know so far --

- Your return/mob is reduced, because you hunt more eco, since your input/mob is reduced. This results in a penalty for eco hunters: when hitting a multiplier, you will get less, since the multiplier is based on your input. Also lower loot/mob reduces item chance, because L items have a threshold (for instance, your loot needs to be over 10ped, to be able to fit in an esi). An uneco hunter will reach this threshold much faster.

I don't know about you, but having a higher chance of looting that (L) weapon seems like a benefit to me.. not a penalty... even though your SHRAPNEL loot is less...

Mob costs exactly 10 ped to kill.

You use swine deluxe on it the first time, without rings, buffs, FB etc:
You receive 70 ped Shrapnel and 30 ped ESI, a total multiplier of 10 exactly.

You then go again, fully buffed and rings on all your fingers, FB high as mount everest:
This time the mob costed you only 5 ped to kill.
You received 30 ped ESI and 20 ped Shrapnel.. 10 times multiplier again.

Which would you rather use?

I'd rather have the loot with more ESI than Shrapnel. Thanks

Now, I didn't even take into consideration that DPP (FB etc) does improve loot composition as mentioned by Charlie. But what that means, is that you have a higher chance of looting better stuff in the mob compared to some one using the same gun but without FB,ICD etc.

Last edited:
I voted for A. Because markup shouldn't matter to MA and item that drop rarely is pure RNG.... So, in that matter as i voted A, B & C also fall in that category

Naomi, your use of the term "bonus loot" is confusing, misleading or off...

We have efficiency which directly affects tt returns up to 7% (presumably on all loots)

We have bonus shrapnel loots which are always all shrapnel and comes from a separate pool from skill misses and pvp...

Naomi, your use of the term "bonus loot" is confusing, misleading or off...

We have efficiency which directly affects tt returns up to 7% (presumably on all loots)

We have bonus shrapnel loots which are always all shrapnel and comes from a separate pool from skill misses and pvp...

ok, so the bonus shrapnel is different from the bonus loot?
damn this shit is complicated...

most ppl have voted A in this poll, being, 'Quality loot' being any stack other then shrapnel.
This means that often 'quality loot' will be worth less then your shrapnel, which is at least 100.5 - 101%

As the poll does not include my personal theorie about loot quality let me explain:

Every mob has a loot table, which holds comon, uncomon, rar, extremly rar loots.

If you get higher efficency, you should more often uncomon, rar or even extremly rar items/stackables.
That isn´t necessary higher MU.

Example:
Comon = Shrapnels 100,5% (101% if converted) + Muscle Oil (104%)
Uncomon = Paint Can maybe 200%
Rar = Melee weapon that sells at 101-102%

In this scenario it would be best to have the uncomon loots, with highest MU, and rar would be even worse than comon Muscle Oil.

Here it is important to know about what is in the loot of a mob, and maybe hunt not with max efficence to avoid the rar (but crab) loots.

Optimal loot is just all that can be sold at over 105% even 105% is lame and I would prefer something with more MU . But as Goni said you can loot a 400 ped weapon that sells at 101% , IF somebody will buy it , some are never buyed. So it’s TT loot. Tbh shrapnel is better in this case.
sorry I corrected my self,optimal loot I meant to say

quality loot is everything that goes over 160% MU , UL stuff and stuff

Last edited:
Optimal loot is just all that can be sold at over 105% even 105% is lame and I would prefer something with more MU . But as Goni said you can loot a 400 ped weapon that sells at 101% , IF somebody will buy it , some are never buyed. So it’s TT loot. Tbh shrapnel is better in this case.
sorry I corrected my self,optimal loot I meant to say

quality loot is everything that goes over 160% MU , UL stuff and stuff

Are we talking about what MA defines as loot quality? Or what players define as quality loot?

Two very different things...

On the other hand, increasing your DPP will reduce your item quality loot. DPP decreases your input/mob, resulting in a lower tt return for each multiplier. The lower the tt return/mob, the less chance you have on looting that L item, since it won't fit inside your tt return.

if a blown up DPP would result in 90% "input" per mob, but you still stick to 100% mob HP, this would be true.
but usually you select the mob maturity matching to your "input". so selecting a new matching maturity with 111% HP would result in 100% "input"/mob ratio again AND the sought after (L)-item fits in your scheme again.

dont mistakenly compare 2 different "inputs" (with / without FB) with a singular mob HP - then you certainly see differences in results.

Optimal loot is just all that can be sold at over 105%

this is YOUR definition of "quality loot".
i assume MA defines everything but shrapnel as "quality loot".

quite likely every droppable item in loot has a certain chance to drop, from common (e.g. thyroid oil, maybe once per 5 looting events = 0,20) to extremely rare ([Thunderbird Arm Guards (M)] maybe 1 per 100.000 = 0,00001).
and a 25% higher DPP would bring up that thyroid oil chance from 0,20 to 0,25 per looting event, as it increases chance on arm guards to 0,0000125.

quality loot is simply anything that is not shrapnel.

whether or not this is actually beneficial to you is up to debate. in many cases it would be better to shoot mobs with lower dpp to receive all shrapnel as the "quality" loot is worth less then shrapnel. this is where mob choice and what you are shooting comes into play.

Voted A and C

Logically, MA won't consider mark-up, only rarity, in their loot processes.

Anything that drops beyond shrapnel - item or stackable - is loot that could be worth more than 101%, and has the potential to be highly valuable.

Peace, Miles

Charlie|MindArk MindArk Official 09-29-2017, 14:26
DPP affects loot composition and critical hit/damage etc affect the DPP.
Efficiency directly affects average TT return by 0-7%.

So

7/100= 0.07
Eff x 0.07 + 92% (+ up to 1% from looting skill) is what your average TT return is ?

Back