Fix space logout exploit

Can you imagine the rage if mindark announce no more PVP just 33% chance to lose all stackables each time you enter space? This new source of revenue will allow upgrades and expansions to take place at least 3 to 5 percent faster than they have in the past. And as a bonus you won't have to deal with those pesky pirates any more, saving you the trouble of repairing your ship. Hey that's PEDs in your pocket!

Or they could just make the game a hole lot funner by making us loot just as mobs when shot down? Think of the fun in that? And yes, we would need MS even more to try and get to one planet to the other without some ass trying to get an ATH off us.

Yes this is a game. BUT it is simply a game dealing with real money and that is the only issue.

Then again, going on your great idea why not just remove PED value all together? Yes! That would be the best idea of all going on your logic. It would sure fix the long wait for withdraws. I think you are on to something here man.

Or they could just make the game a hole lot funner by making us loot just as mobs when shot down? Think of the fun in that? And yes, we would need MS even more to try and get to one planet to the other without some ass trying to get an ATH off us.

Tihs used to happen on planet. I think it still does. If not, IDK WTF i pay for that shot for. Maybe MA could dedicate a portion of the atmospheric re-entry fees to making your dream a reality? A hole lot of fun right?

Yes this is a game. BUT it is simply a game dealing with real money and that is the only issue.

Yes, we're all here to play games with money.

Then again, going on your great idea why not just remove PED value all together? Yes! That would be the best idea of all going on your logic. It would sure fix the long wait for withdraws. I think you are on to something here man.

To be clear it wasn't me that suggested MindArk looting players in this thread. We Clear?

You're not the first to seem a little salty about me writing it up like a new feature though.

It's just a little too real sounding, isn't it?

If you guys were reading anything more than the last page of this thread before you posted you would know exactly where I stand on this issue. :rolleyes:

Knowing full well that these lower forms of life lurk in space, specifically to "infect" us, one would wonder just why anyone would ever take anything of value into space?

Property owners, who may not get a full crew in time, needing to transport rare items from one planet to another for various reasons. Trade, transfer, transportation of goods, etc.

Mindark give us "Shield Systems I,II and III". Give us "Cloaking Systems I, II and III". Give us "automated Armament Devices I. II. II" Empower us to fight and make a stand.

Being a ship owner running a vip transport service I'd like to comment on this subject.

I don't support pirates in any way and have invested heavily in time and money for both ship/upgrades and skills to protect clients against them but... they are at least 50% of the reason im currently in business so find it hard to support getting rid of them.

That being said I too am desperate for sum changes to space. In its current state with so many small things broken like exiting pilot seats to get stuck in walls or unable to even exit due to I guess the ship is currently unavailable error msgs, and the severe physical pain to even go for a quick solo space hunt cuz you've got to swap seats 15x just to move,shoot,loot repeat. Its a painful procedure making players have to work too hard just to play and spend peds.

I would like the need and desire for player ship transport to be increased in some way and also for a fixed gun in the pilot seat as well for solo hunts. It wouldn't upset space balance in any way as the ships are slow moving and would really only be useful for solo hunts or the rare possibility of playing chicken with pirates flying head on :)

I also disagree with the safe logout as it does feel like an exploit even though 9/10 clients do it. Ive spent ridiculous amounts making sure its nearly impossible to be taken down and its quite a MASSIVE waste if you can just log out on a stock 500si ship with 0 skills and do the same thing.

In its current state there is little need to use player transport and even less need to work skills or upgrade ships and skills. Something needs to be changed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also disagree with the safe logout as it does feel like an exploit even though 9/10 clients do it. Ive spent ridiculous amounts making sure its nearly impossible to be taken down and its quite a MASSIVE waste if you can just log out on a stock 500si ship with 0 skills and do the same thing.

mindark could have delivered their space update in time, as we're paying several years for that one already.

also i think most players are maybe just not rich enough, to afford both losing their ass playing, and losing their ass again trying to squeezy tiny bits of markup outta their rest.

maybe, just maybe, it would increase space activity A FUCKING LOT, if we were playing for tiny amounts of 1 ped (or whatever) "transportboxes", without risking sums alike weekly or monthly deposits.

but also i'm not sure if it's maybe a plan to kinda prefer the center of the universe, too freaking often in my very humble opinion.

:girl:

As long as Space is PvP and there is no save way to travel there, all the Planet Partners can wait forever that a lot of people, including me, currently on Calypso will ever go to their planet. Maybe once but certainly not a lot of times or regularly.

I certainly never ever where on any of them.

The annoyance of being shot down when I travel to FOMA or to the Aurlis, having to repair my Sleipnir, is also limiting my visiting there to a very small number, not even once a month.

So the looser of this whole PvP space are the Planet Partners of Mindark also known as big spenders or investors and the winners are some exploit using people who camp the planets and are using a lot of exploits while not being punished for it by MA.
I doubt this is in the interest of the bigger part of players or the ones who have invested heavily into EU.

This is just my view on the whole situation.

As long as Space is PvP and there is no save way to travel there, all the Planet Partners can wait forever that a lot of people, including me, currently on Calypso will ever go to their planet. Maybe once but certainly not a lot of times or regularly.

Well exactly that is why space is PvP.

PP should not get players from other players, they should advertise their planet, so new players create an account at that planet.

That was the original idea of mindark. PP bring in new players, not PP get old players from other planets, that exist a long time.

PP should not get players from other players, they should advertise their planet, so new players create an account at that planet.

That was the original idea of mindark. PP bring in new players, not PP get old players from other planets, that exist a long time.

Problem with that is the bug MA has in that you choose a PP planet to get created on and end up getting Caly anyway.. :scratch2:

It's dynamic!!!

oh wait, that's not very dynamic, that's more like consistant.... first for MA :laugh:

No.. MA has always been consistent in doing things for MA and fuck the rest..

In Space no one can hear you moan & whine

That was the original idea of Mindark. PP bring in new players, not PP get old players from other planets, that exist a long time.

This is true.. I think this was the intention.

Trying to prevent being stolen is an exploit? puff:eyecrazy:

This will not fix the economy considering majority of transactions are done on Caly.
They should just implement planet to planet teleporters already, get rid of the damn pirates.

Or better yet, implement the function where pirates cannot go back into safe space for an hour after shooting someone down.....make it fair to everyone!

Calypso should be moved to the middle of the universe. Also if you go up to space you should enter IT at a Geographical correct position. You should only end up at the spacestation if you ascend from port Atlantis.

Calypso should be moved to the middle of the universe. Also if you go up to space you should enter IT at a Geographical correct position. You should only end up at the spacestation if you ascend from port Atlantis.

Absolutely No! That like saying Earth should be at the center of our solar system. The sun should be at the center.

Absolutely Yes! You should enter the space around a planet based on where you leave the planet. To further that point, flying around the Ark Moon, instead of landing, shows what is possible.

Peace, Miles

Transport stackables safe:

Offer a stack at auction Planet A
Fly to planet B (nothing to lose, no stackables in inventory) f.u. pirate, nothing to gain from me
Arrive at Planet B, take buyout of your offer at Planet A, pay 3 PED transport fee, thats it (all safe!)

No need to logout exploit xD

Who still didn´t learn that and still use MS service to be safe (what in fact isn´t safe at all), just fail !

The only reason to use MS service - warp is faster!

Does this still work?

Does this still work?

Yes. However, removal of the lootable PVP between the SS and the planet made warps cheaper, too - as you don't need to pay 7 ped for tp but can fly down instead.

Hence, using auction is only worth it if you have few big stacks of stuff. It's typically done by listing your stuff on the minor planet at optimistic prices and when it (most likely) expires, retrieving it from Caly.

Let's break it down:

Auction:
min 0.50 listing fee (likely more because you need to set the SB reasonably high)
2.00 ped slow retrieval fee
= min 2.50 ped/stack

Warp:
10.00 ped scheduled warp
0.10 ped thruster to fly down (~150% MU)
negligible amount of oil
= max 10.20 ped regardless of the number of stacks

Thus, for three or fewer stacks auction will do if you haven't listed anything yet; or if you have five or fewer stacks already expired on the local auction.

Yes. However, removal of the lootable PVP between the SS and the planet made warps cheaper, too - as you don't need to pay 7 ped for tp but can fly down instead.

Hence, using auction is only worth it if you have few big stacks of stuff. It's typically done by listing your stuff on the minor planet at optimistic prices and when it (most likely) expires, retrieving it from Caly.

Let's break it down:

Auction:
min 0.50 listing fee (likely more because you need to set the SB reasonably high)
2.00 ped slow retrieval fee
= min 2.50 ped/stack

Warp:
10.00 ped scheduled warp
0.10 ped thruster to fly down (~150% MU)
negligible amount of oil
= max 10.20 ped regardless of the number of stacks

Thus, for three or fewer stacks auction will do if you haven't listed anything yet; or if you have five or fewer stacks already expired on the local auction.

Or just slow boat in quad or v.t.o.l. around maps edge to stay mostly in non lootable for a few peds less

Yes you can use the AH postal system to circumvent pirates but it has its own problems.

1. You list at planet A (and pay the AH fee for listing, minimal if low start bid) fly to planet B (fuel costs) and then pay buyout price for items listed. You can then pay 2ped and wait 12 hours for delivery or 6ped minimum for immediate delivery. Seller may then incur additional AH fee if buyout was significantly above start bid.
So may not be as cheap as you hoped.

2. Some resources that you want to move may be heavy and will incur increased delivery charges, these can literally run into hundreds of ped.
Suddenly those warp fees pale into insignificance

3. You list the resources, pay the AH fee, fly, go to buy and someone else bought it. Yes you got paid, but now you have to do it all again, and incur any costs again

4. If moving multiple stacks using the AH postal system you will ofc incur fees for each stack, this can add up real fast. The warp fee on the other hand is a fixed price regardless of what you are carrying (unless equus or firebird as these have weight restrictions)

So whether or not MA remove log off so long as you travel with a reputable ship, whose owner has troubled to go to the expense of upgrading the SI, and has a crew to defend the ship, then the use of an warp ship is still a valid and economic option

and before the pirates beef that our ships offer log off option to travellers, we have been told by MA that this is not an exploit. If they change that stance or if they clearly tell us it is an exploit then we will deal with it.
If they have told you otherwise, well no surprise, as consistency of messages from support has never been an MA strongpoint.
Meanwhile those who have over the years used many exploits and had the luxury of a ready supply of victims leaving the confined 'safe space' at the SS (now altered thanks to changes to space) should look to using space as a large PVP4 and start hunting players instead of expecting us to line up at their coconut shy.

I'm actually surprised MS owners are not more upset about the changes in space... or maybe you are and just not vocal about it. You should be, if you look at what has actually happened :).

This isn't a direct hit like so many times before, outright lies to those that have invested heavily into space... this one is more subtle. I can't help but wonder what's in it for MA, why they did it. Many different perspectives on that I am sure.

The only thing I know for sure, if it hasn't yet, it will severely cripple your already dwindling and barely profitable warp businesses.

You should have raised your prices a long time ago. You've been underbidding each other and now there is barely any hope. Could have/should have been charging far more for VIP warp service for years now.
:dunno:

Last edited:
I fully realize writing this that many people will immediately disagree and probably even flame this post, mainly since it is coming from a pirate's point of view.
I'm actually surprised MS owners are not more upset about the changes in space... or maybe you are and just not vocal about it. You should be, if you look at what has actually happened :).

The only thing I know for sure, if it hasn't yet, it will severely cripple your already dwindling and barely profitable warp businesses.

Interesting to look back on some of these things... still think that shutting down for good space piracy crippled warp business so bad? I guess not since you started a warp business as a result :)

Interesting to look back on some of these things... still think that shutting down for good space piracy crippled warp business so bad? I guess not since you started a warp business as a result :)

"You either die a pirate, or You live long enough to see Yourself become the villain"

Live by the Lie. Die by the Lie.

Still a good discussion either way. I stand by what I said :) I think the logout issue should be resolved. I now run a very strong Privateer ship and my viewpoint is the same. Maybe for different reasons, but the same regardless. And yes, I fully agree... interesting to see how things evolve in life :). Best decision I ever made though, thoroughly enjoying it. There was actually a full write up a couple months ago in the Monria quarterly magazine about this transition... interesting read.

Be well :)

Long as when they remove logging out from capital ships they also remove it from quads I'll be happy. And yes, you can dodge being looted by logging out in your quad soon as your attacked, just press alt+f4, and in about 20 seconds your avatar is out of game, and it almost always takes longer than that to kill the quad and then target the body. Had many pirates use that to dodge getting ambushed by me, log out is a pain for more than just pirates and transports! :p

Has the spamming M key magic speed boost been fixed yet? :D

I used to have so much fun spamming M when a pirate doing same chasing me accross 3/4 of the map before letting them kill me for nothing :).

Ahh the fond memories lol

The logout issue is resolved. Y'all just keep barking up the wrong tree.

I don't think this thread was revived to discuss the logout issue again, it was more to point out my jump from one world to another... which is fine, I've never tried to disguise or hide from ways I've played the game in the past :). Quite the opposite actually. Either way, I still feel strongly for many reasons that logout should be re-examined by MA. Ship owners spend buckets of money either buying an upgraded ship, or upgrading one. Same thing for skilling Captain skills. Same thing for having a reputable crew, which some offer. It's an advantage and differentiator.

Someone piloting a 4k SI ship with barely any captain skills should be able to offer transport services, sure, but rightfully so, cannot claim the same protection as the more invested and established services. And yes, I do think logout should be removed to up the ante on that game even further. You cannot logout in real life to avoid something like this, and I sincerely doubt it was ever "by design" that this could be accomplished.

At any rate :) Still an interesting debate...

Back