PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 11 ... LastLast

Fix space logout exploit

I fully realize writing this that many people will immediately disagree and probably even flame this post, mainly since it is coming from a pirate's point of view. However, I ask that you think about it objectively.

In my opinion... the single most crucial thing for MA to do to both "fix" some of the significant problems with this game today, and simultaneously stimulate the economy is one single action: fix the logout exploit in space.

Why do I call this an exploit? Because MA has called it an exploit themselves, and has stated approximately 8 months ago that they planned to solve this in an upcoming VU. For those that don't know, essentially you get on a big ship warp, log out your avatar, and therefore all of your stackables are for the most part safe. Most of the "professional" transport services operating today will instruct all of their passengers to do this, even going so far as running external webchats etc. to tell their passengers when they can log back on. So, plain and simple this is an unintended exploit, and I'm sorry if that statement offends you but it's true. With that out of the way....

It's no secret that MU (markup) is in a complete and total dismal state of failure right now. Most things do not have any markup to speak of, and it wasn't always that way. In fact, MU is one of the ONLY ways average players can hope to at least sometimes turn a profit or at least do better. It's also one of the only elements in the game that cannot be controlled by the algorithms and programming, read: an edge for human players. And, this is why people are selling off crafting skills, etc etc etc. MU is a vital part of the game, and right now it's dying off into obscurity.

Think about also, the premise of the game. Planet partners... different environments with different resources. Think about the past visions (promises actually) of space missions, transport missions, hangars, etc. all of which never took place. I think part of the reason for that, is there is almost no point right now to do that.

So what am I talking about? I'm strongly suggesting that "correcting" the logout exploit will stimulate the economy, auto-correct markup issues in several domains, and add more depth to the game than is currently available. Why?

If this happens, all of a sudden all of the fleets and space transport services (and their passengers) will have to think differently about things. Realistically, they would have to hire protection. Meaning, they will have to charge more (and already should be actually... but that's another point). Meaning, moving things becomes more expensive for everyone and exponentially riskier. Meaning, when I go to sell my goods on another planet, I have to charge more than I do currently. I can also sweeten the deal and almost set the price if I'm one of the few moving alternative ingots to caly for example. Also, not everyone who is moving stuff today will continue to do it.

This means traders can charge and pay more, and it also means your average joe hunting or mining can sell their small stacks for more MU because of the few who are moving it in space in large quantities.

This opens up "jobs" in space, even more than today and adds the possibility of an actual universe where different activities on different planets actually matter and become possible.

So I realize a lot of people will immediately go - no that would suck, you stupid pirates just want more chance at loot. And while that is true... I can assure you that this thought/point existed long before I started pirating and in fact the failure of MA to fix this is the main reason I chose to do this instead of something else like moving passengers around.

Personally, I won't hold my breath. I believe if MA had any intention of actually doing this we would have seen it already.

More than likely we'll all keep doing the same thing we are now, which is playing a fragmented game with fragmented storylines, only moving planets when we feel like doing something different and looking at different pixels and getting there through broken space with virtually no point other than a longggggggggg hallway we have to walk down to get somewhere else. Then we can TT all our stuff, or try and sell it for 101%

Cheers.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Patrizia Pandemic Giano
    Society
    Stockholm Syndrome
    Images
    If you think fixing this "exploit" would make things better (and not worse), you need a serious reality check.

I wonder if that fact that you're a pirate has anything to do with the fact that you think this ridiculous suggestion is a good idea?

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Gloria GoNi Nicestyle
    Society
    freelancer
    Images
    Transport stackables safe:

Offer a stack at auction Planet A
    Fly to planet B (nothing to lose, no stackables in inventory) f.u. pirate, nothing to gain from me
    Arrive at Planet B, take buyout of your offer at Planet A, pay 3 PED transport fee, thats it (all safe!)

No need to logout exploit xD

Who still didnīt learn that and still use MS service to be safe (what in fact isnīt safe at all), just fail !

The only reason to use MS service - warp is faster!

Quote Originally Posted by RobBuona View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you think fixing this "exploit" would make things better (and not worse), you need a serious reality check.
    It's a very simple fix. The avatar stays in space where they logged out, just like in any other ship if you logout. How would this make things worse? You offered a very compelling argument but can you expand a bit?

Quote Originally Posted by GoNi View Post
    Transport stackables safe:

Offer a stack at auction Planet A
    Fly to planet B (nothing to lose, no stackables in inventory) f.u. pirate, nothing to gain from me
    Arrive at Planet B, take buyout of your offer at Planet A, pay 3 PED transport fee, thats it (all safe!)

No need to logout exploit xD

Who still didnīt learn that and still use MS service to be safe (what in fact isnīt safe at all), just fail !

The only reason to use MS service - warp is faster!
    I think this is fairly well known as well, and certainly another option ... though with several limitations. (i.e. - if you're wanting to transport many different types of goods, it could take you hours to set all that up.) But presumably they would fix this exploit also.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Gloria GoNi Nicestyle
    Society
    freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by xxPriestxx View Post
    It's a very simple fix. The avatar stays in space where they logged out
    Indeed a very simple fix, and actually I canīt care less if it comes or not for 3 reasons:

Never have lootables on me in space, so canīt care less about pirates
    Never used logout bug myself, so it doesnīt hurt me anywhere not to be able to do it.
    If CTD in space, still nothing to loot from me even if pirate is close to kill my avatar befor dying from void.

From my point of view nothing against a fix

Quote Originally Posted by GoNi View Post
    Indeed a very simple fix, and actually I canīt care less if it comes or not for 3 reasons:

Never have lootables on me in space, so canīt care less about pirates
    Never used logout bug myself, so it doesnīt hurt me anywhere not to be able to do it.
    If CTD in space, still nothing to loot from me even if pirate is close to kill my avatar befor dying from void.

From my point of view nothing against a fix
    And this is true for the vast majority of people that play this game. What I'm really talking about is the universal economy... one of the main reasons MU is low is because there are no incentives, or risk, to move goods from planet to planet (for the smugglers it's too easy currently).

If this were to happen though, you... as the person that never moves loot in space will be able to sell at least certain things for a much better MU planetside because of those in space moving them.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Gloria GoNi Nicestyle
    Society
    freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by xxPriestxx View Post
    But presumably they would fix this exploit also.
    This is not an exploit it is an option you pay for (transport fee).

Looking at Developers Notes when this got implemented, there should be transport missions where space pilots can make back the money paid for transport fees.

Fact: Transport Missions still not available, so this sucks.

Claiming use of auction and pay fee twice (set up auction fee) and transport fee later, is an exploit ????
    Nobrainer!

And you already mentioned it, if someone wants to transport many different stacks, it can become fairly expencive transport compared to MS service.
    10 stacks = 5 PED auction fee to create + 30 PED transport fee
    MS service 10 PED

So people paying 3.5x the MS service cost just to be safe from pirats is exploiters.

For that statement you really deserve a - REP !

I'm just saying the interplanetary auction is not working as MA designed it, with the lack of transport missions (which involves ships flying through space) etc. etc.. I'm not saying people who choose to auction off their own goods and pay for it etc. are using an exploit.

id go a step further: how about fixing all space exploits? but i guess the pirates will come crying again after

for example: a pirate c an stay safe in the SS safe zone and can shoot at players who are outside of it. this means that when both players have the same skill and hit every shot the one staying in the safe zone (the pirate) will always win the fight. clearly an exploit. should change it so that both players have to be outside of the safe zone for example like 30 seconds, so the same as when entering the safe zone. why make one instant and one not? so either have a delay on leaving it or make it instant when entering it.

or how about all starting at the SS in space despite leaving planet at tons of different locations. doesnt make any sense. let them spawn somewhere outside of the SS close to the planet enter zone depending on where they left the planet, or just randomly somewhere there. makes a lot more sense but then the pirate has to be flying the line up and down to find someone. not a good change either, right?

both of these should be implemented, as they make sense

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 11 ... LastLast