Fix space logout exploit

Open the auction up to free transport.

This will allow players on every planet to buy and sell freely. Increased access will improve markups.

Then deal with space by allowing societies to battle for the right to control space stations. Think landgrab in space) Societies would be able to charge and collect taxes for shops, docking fees, etc.

Yes, this is how I would like it. A system in which a avatar can get looted the same as a mob. What would be cool about such a system like this is that one could get a global or even an ATH off killing a person.

So in So Kill OpaloMan in space with a worth 1200 PED! A record has been added to the Hall of Fame.

Space then would be much more active with everyone trying to get the larger pvp ATH. Of course the pirates will reject this idea since it would't be stealing from others. But again with such a system and all going about killing all in space this WOULD bring back the need for Motherships...and yes don't forget about the ATH one could get for shared loot from a MS! Oh the fun that could happen in space.

Last edited:
I have said it before, it's the lack of decay that is the big problem. Items need to have a shorter life time to increase the demand on crafting and the demand in general.

L guns breaking faster is only going to make me buy ul.

Oh wait, I already did.

Remove EP4, don't change anything else, watch the economy grow

tbh, it would probably choke everything to death. The EPIV was, imho, a terrible stopgap measure that was left in far too long and now I don't think the economy could cope with it being taken out.

I smelled a pirate and stopped reading your OP right after the first few lines.
Nothing to see here.

Massive changes can and SHOULD be made to space. This however isn't one of them to do on it's own. I think collectively things need to change: distance between planets, amount of "empty" space, low amount of space mobs, no space mining, pvp itself, list of what is lootable and what isn't,
IMO going to FOMA or CP shouldn't put you in danger of getting looted.

If there is no MU in crafting right now, where are crafters getting this extra coin to pay the extra MU to stimulate the economy? So trying to lay the entire cost on them is never going to happen, you'd just turn more away.

Until hunters have L weapons that are good enough to pay a MU on, Until hunters use L armour that is good enough to pay MU on, Until L tools are good enough to rival the UL ones, there are not enough reasons to craft and therefore not enough reason to pay MU.

If there is no MU in crafting right now, where are crafters getting this extra coin to pay the extra MU to stimulate the economy? So trying to lay the entire cost on them is never going to happen, you'd just turn more away.

Until hunters have L weapons that are good enough to pay a MU on, Until hunters use L armour that is good enough to pay MU on, Until L tools are good enough to rival the UL ones, there are not enough reasons to craft and therefore not enough reason to pay MU.

That!
+REP

'It's the economy, stupid'

Last edited:

That's very true, with a few exceptions. But yeah, from my point of view, once I realized the true cost of crafted armors, and understood that the alternatives (looted armors) were abundant on the auction and much cheaper in comparison, I stopped crafting armors and don't plan to ever craft any more armors again. So I suspect the same is true with weapons and tools.

But to get back to what OP proposed, I see 2 possible effects as a result of 'fixing' the logout loophole in space to evade getting killed and looted by pirates:

1. Further dilution of the Calypso community due to more interesting markups for mining resources and hunting loot on other planets.
or
2. The opposite reaction: current crafters moving their crafting operations to Calypso to take advantage of more competitive ingredient markups.

I don't think that either of the 2 possible results above would be desirable for MA. Mindark needs the Planet Partners almost as much as the PP need MA.

I remember my EVE Online days when I spent hours researching how to travel through space safely. There are ways to do it, there are a combination of awesome, expensive space ships that have cloaking abilities during warp, as well as skill based solutions that, practiced long enough, would make one almost impossible to catch (if I remember correctly it was an advanced cloaking device that, while it didn't allow you to cloak during warp, it allowed you to cloak almost instantly after teleporting through a stargate but only for 1 cycle, allowing you to align for your next warp, if you can time it right)

Unfortunately the Entropia Universe platform does not lend itself well to skill based solutions, it's more of a turn based game platform.

But the point is, there has to be solutions for those that need to move lootables through space, so if MA was to 'fix' the logout option, I would expect MA to introduce a new class of transport ships at the same time that would be impossible for pirates to take down. Obviously, these transport ships would not be able to equip weapons and would probably be pretty slow or whatever, but it would be a viable solution.

I remember my EVE Online days when I spent hours researching how to travel through space safely.

Reminds me of my Eve times, best and safest way to travel through 0.0 == sent a Titan upfront and have a gang of 20 BS that jump in as soon Titan used its area attack, to wipe out whats not already dead :)

Who needs cloak ? xD

Sorry, for offtopic

This! But MA likes the EP income.

If anyone follow the history of MU, then we can clearly see, that a impact happen, after we got EP crafting. I'm a miner, so i still don't like that ppl just buy the stuff for crafting from TT, and i can TT my hard worked ores, about no MU left. The only good thing, TT ores going faster, as search a buyer, to get maybe 1% MU.

//Mod note//

Thread title edited to more accurately reflect the topic.

Moved to Space forum.

I totally agree! With one condition, turn off PVP in space for good. Not just lootable, all PVP.

On planets we can choose whether to engage in pvp or not

Space being full pvp as it is right now, is on the borderline of legality.
There HAS to be a way to get safely from 1 planet to another, simple as that.

If you want to fight other spacecraft, be my guest, in a pvp zone.
However, if you want to steal others stuff, go live among the Somalian pirates or something.

edit: my apologies, I don't want to offend anyone. But it is the truth imo.

Last edited:

However, if you want to steal others stuff, go live among the Somalian pirates or something.

It should have 2 ways to planets.
way1: a short corridor with full lootable pvp, but relativly fast way from A to B
way2: a very long way, but no pvp, with minable meteors, asteroids and space monsters.

There could be also some lootable pvp zones, like on planets, with special things so ppl want go there.

Last edited:

Yep. If there were no guaranteed safe travel, even fewer people would ever leave Calypso, and Ark, Cyrene, and RT would become even less popular than they are now.

And you could forget about NI and Toulan because it would be the nail in the coffin for them.

What's ironic about this is it would give pirates significantly fewer people to shoot down, yet it's being suggested by a pirate.

You are not at risk in space - only the lootable stuff you chose to bring with you is.

From the beginning, it was always that your avatar would be able to travel to other planets, with all of your skills and your ped card. Items could travel, but not all items would be usable universally. There was never anything about taking mats anywhere you want, and what ever you think of him, ND's big splash about Space Pirates was right on the money - he knew years in advance and told us all.

There is a degree to which you are 'trapped' on your planet of origin - intentionally - but Space is an extension of the whatever game-world you are playing - and moving from game-world to game-world was never meant to be frictionless - quite the opposite. That's whole effing point of separate planets.

Traveling between game-worlds is an advanced level of play for avatars ready to move beyond their home planet, and comes with advanced challenges (and opportunities) for those that chose to participate - no one has to go to space any more than they have to participate in Mayhem, or take on the Enigma challenge - it's all optional.

Space is lootable-pvp, it is meant to be, and it will remains so. Grow up or stay 'home'; like your planet partner wants you to.

Peace, Miles

People do their best to hunt or mine, in any possible place. They invest, spend peds, get items/stackables and need to be able to sell their loot in Calypso, since the caly auction is where 90% of the items are sold.

It is irrational that hunters and miners who travel from planet to planet, are at risk with almost ALL of their stackables, which are often thousands of peds, while the 'pirate' has no risk whatsoever. Today, if you should down your attacker, you get nothing, if he shoots you, he gets all your goods.

Robbing people in space is pretty cheap if you ask me. It requires no skills, no investment, no gear except an equipped quad.

Imagine, when at space, you would be at risk for 10ped, being an entry fee, for BOTH the pirate and the traveller, then the stakes are even. When you shoot down your attacker, he would actually have a cost!

Safe space travel is a NECESSITY for multi-planet activity.

So what am I talking about? I'm strongly suggesting that "correcting" the logout exploit will stimulate the economy, auto-correct markup issues in several domains, and add more depth to the game than is currently available. Why?

If this happens, all of a sudden all of the fleets and space transport services (and their passengers) will have to think differently about things. Realistically, they would have to hire protection. Meaning, they will have to charge more (and already should be actually... but that's another point). Meaning, moving things becomes more expensive for everyone and exponentially riskier. Meaning, when I go to sell my goods on another planet, I have to charge more than I do currently. I can also sweeten the deal and almost set the price if I'm one of the few moving alternative ingots to caly for example. Also, not everyone who is moving stuff today will continue to do it.

This means traders can charge and pay more, and it also means your average joe hunting or mining can sell their small stacks for more MU because of the few who are moving it in space in large quantities.

This opens up "jobs" in space, even more than today and adds the possibility of an actual universe where different activities on different planets actually matter and become possible.

Respectfully, I disagree...I think limiting the ability for people to safely transport items between planet to planet will crush other plants even more than they already are.

For the most part, caly generates enough crafting supplies and what not to supply the game and with the exception of a few planet specific items/blueprints.

Not to mention, (with the exception of a few items) a large majority of enmatters, ores and oils have such a low MV that the added expenses required to transport items between planets would not be worth it. The time, coordination, money...o yeah and trust that would be required is crazy.

I can see all the scams now of people providing a "protection" service to individuals. Take individuals into space and then turn around and kill them.

At the end of the day, restricting safe flights will not increase the MV of items, it will only further negatively impact PP and their plants.

imo, before we start looking at changing how safe flights work at the moment we should.
1) Have BPs that use resources and not shit from the TT
2) Why on earth do we have 128937128937 different types of enmatter and ore and continue to add more? Why not just make the ones that drop useful again and not flood the market.
3) Simply just fix space lol

People do their best to hunt or mine, in any possible place. They invest, spend peds, get items/stackables and need to be able to sell their loot in Calypso, since the caly auction is where 90% of the items are sold.

It is irrational that hunters and miners who travel from planet to planet, are at risk with almost ALL of their stackables, which are often thousands of peds, while the 'pirate' has no risk whatsoever. Today, if you should down your attacker, you get nothing, if he shoots you, he gets all your goods.

Robbing people in space is pretty cheap if you ask me. It requires no skills, no investment, no gear except an equipped quad.

Imagine, when at space, you would be at risk for 10ped, being an entry fee, for BOTH the pirate and the traveller, then the stakes are even. When you shoot down your attacker, he would actually have a cost!

Safe space travel is a NECESSITY for multi-planet activity.

You've got it backwards again. Multi planet activity is not a NECESSITY, it is an option.

The reason everyone takes their stuff to Caly to sell is because it is no risk, all reward - not because that's how it's supposed to work.

Peace, Miles

There is no exploit! It's a way of defense from thefts like you. Entropia suffering from active users. Stealing RL money and be legit isn't the way for surviving this great virtual world.

Last edited:
I am not a pirate. But I neg repped half the fuckinn cunts in this thread. Jesus christ. Ingorance is bliss I suppose.

Easy to hate the idea of 'theft' without looking into it to see that it is not I suppose. You ignorant cunts disappoint me so much in humanity, in EU, in everything.
From Wikepedia:

"In common usage, theft is the taking of another person's property or services without that person's permission or consent with the intent to deprive the lawful owner of it."

Please, oh wise one, enlighten me as to which part of that definition is different from what pirates are doing.

There is no exploit! It's a way of defence from thefts like you. Entropia suffering from active users. Stealing RL money and be legit isn't the way for surviving this great virtual world.

Your 'way of defense' is the best known exploit in the game. EU is not, and never has been Candlyland. Piracy in EU Space does not equal theft - end of story.

Peace, Miles

I am not a pirate. But I neg repped half the fuckinn cunts in this thread. Jesus christ. Ingorance is bliss I suppose.

Easy to hate the idea of 'theft' without looking into it to see that it is not I suppose. You ignorant cunts disappoint me so much in humanity, in EU, in everything.

Well, it is sad really and is one of our major RL issues. Some simply do not think of stealing as stealing. The same people would in RL debate what is real stealing over what is not when in turn it simply is taking from others which has a RL value. Now, I'm not putting you down at all here. But please watch your language here.

Well, it is sad really and is one of our major RL issues. Some simply do not think of stealing as stealing. The same people would in RL debate what is real stealing over what is not when in turn it simply is taking from others which has a RL value. Now, I'm not putting you down at all here. But please watch your language here.

That is because it isn't stealing you ignorant fuck. I say that with love as you are one of 3 people I have from EU on facebook. But jesus man... You're an ignorant fuck in this subject. Your fear of CHOSEN LOSS is overshadowing your brain power as to the fact its a created stystem. theft by definition is illigal, looting in pvp is not. end of story.

Interesting..

In reading this thread and on my first cup of coffee, I had an idea. :computer:

To help in traveling through PVP in Space to get to one planet or another without worry or annoyance, I suggest we come up with a craftable 'anti-loot' pill. It can be crafted and has decay with limited uses as other items. It would exempt players from being 'looted' in Space for a limited time until it decays.

We already have loot pills;skill pills etc. Possibly, BP can involve using sweat so new players can market and get some use from sweat

These ideas can be tweeked and ironed out of cost/ usage / materials to make etc. I wanted to just throw an idea around to see if it sounds beneficial to utilize.

Good Luck everyone..;)

This is why other plants are dead to me.

Caly forever!

That is because it isn't stealing you ignorant fuck. I say that with love as you are one of 3 people I have from EU on facebook. But jesus man... You're an ignorant fuck in this subject. Your fear of CHOSEN LOSS is overshadowing your brain power as to the fact its a created stystem. theft by definition is illigal, looting in pvp is not. end of story.

Don't you have 'multi-billion dollar' 1 employee business to run? :D

Something like that or idk, get to lvl35. Or maybe announce you won mayhem on the 1st then, ya know, not win.

Sorry back on topic, this won't save MU.

Your 'way of defense' is the best known exploit in the game. EU is not, and never has been Candlyland. Piracy in EU Space does not equal theft - end of story.

Peace, Miles

RL isn't Candyland either go rob some ppl then. Now is end of story ;)

PS. I used this method only once! At my first trip 4-5 years ago and never since...so it's "NOT my way" anyway.

PS. Venture Bros you are a discrace ;) a negative rep from ppl like you it's a confirmation of rightness

Last edited:
Back