PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 15 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 227
  1. #41
    Slayer GoNi's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2007
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Location
    Calypso, Sakura City
    Avatar
    Gloria GoNi Nicestyle
    Society
    freelancer
    Posts
    7,537
    Images
    591
    Quote Originally Posted by Legends View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I remember my EVE Online days when I spent hours researching how to travel through space safely.
    Reminds me of my Eve times, best and safest way to travel through 0.0 == sent a Titan upfront and have a gang of 20 BS that jump in as soon Titan used its area attack, to wipe out whats not already dead

    Who needs cloak ? xD

    Sorry, for offtopic

  2. #42
    Elite trance's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Old Switzerland
    Avatar
    hypnotica TRANCE blain
    Society
    Natural Born Killers
    Posts
    4,152
    Images
    203
    Quote Originally Posted by BBpunisher View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This! But MA likes the EP income.
    If anyone follow the history of MU, then we can clearly see, that a impact happen, after we got EP crafting. I'm a miner, so i still don't like that ppl just buy the stuff for crafting from TT, and i can TT my hard worked ores, about no MU left. The only good thing, TT ores going faster, as search a buyer, to get maybe 1% MU.

  3. #43
    Site Admin
    711's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2006
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    EntropiaForum.com
    Posts
    5,062
    Blog Entries
    5
    Images
    393
    //Mod note//

    Thread title edited to more accurately reflect the topic.

    Moved to Space forum.

  4. #44
    Elite Naomi's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Arkadia
    Avatar
    Naomi
    Society
    Freegunner
    Posts
    3,423
    Images
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by Evey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I totally agree! With one condition, turn off PVP in space for good. Not just lootable, all PVP.
    On planets we can choose whether to engage in pvp or not

    Space being full pvp as it is right now, is on the borderline of legality.
    There HAS to be a way to get safely from 1 planet to another, simple as that.

    If you want to fight other spacecraft, be my guest, in a pvp zone.
    However, if you want to steal others stuff, go live among the Somalian pirates or something.


    edit: my apologies, I don't want to offend anyone. But it is the truth imo.
    Last edited by Naomi; 06-07-2018 at 12:20.


    No Livestream at the moment:
    Click to go to the twitch.tv/openair247 Livestream

  5. #45
    Elite trance's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Old Switzerland
    Avatar
    hypnotica TRANCE blain
    Society
    Natural Born Killers
    Posts
    4,152
    Images
    203
    Quote Originally Posted by Naomi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    On planets we can choose whether to engage in pvp or not

    Space being full pvp as it is right now, is on the borderline of legality.
    There HAS to be a way to get safely from 1 planet to another, simple as that.

    If you want to fight other spacecraft, be my guest, in a pvp zone.
    However, if you want to steal others stuff, go live among the Somalian pirates or something.


    edit: my apologies, I don't want to offend anyone. But it is the truth imo.
    It should have 2 ways to planets.
    way1: a short corridor with full lootable pvp, but relativly fast way from A to B
    way2: a very long way, but no pvp, with minable meteors, asteroids and space monsters.

    There could be also some lootable pvp zones, like on planets, with special things so ppl want go there.
    Last edited by trance; 06-07-2018 at 12:51.

  6. #46
    Elite Naomi's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Arkadia
    Avatar
    Naomi
    Society
    Freegunner
    Posts
    3,423
    Images
    40
    maybe

    I would love to hunt in space, but I won't as long as its pvp


    No Livestream at the moment:
    Click to go to the twitch.tv/openair247 Livestream

  7. #47
    Stalker RobBuona's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2010
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Location
    North Carolina
    Avatar
    Patrizia Pandemic Giano
    Society
    Stockholm Syndrome
    Posts
    2,395
    Images
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by Naomi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    On planets we can choose whether to engage in pvp or not

    Space being full pvp as it is right now, is on the borderline of legality.
    There HAS to be a way to get safely from 1 planet to another, simple as that.

    If you want to fight other spacecraft, be my guest, in a pvp zone.
    However, if you want to steal others stuff, go live among the Somalian pirates or something.


    edit: my apologies, I don't want to offend anyone. But it is the truth imo.
    Yep. If there were no guaranteed safe travel, even fewer people would ever leave Calypso, and Ark, Cyrene, and RT would become even less popular than they are now.

    And you could forget about NI and Toulan because it would be the nail in the coffin for them.

    What's ironic about this is it would give pirates significantly fewer people to shoot down, yet it's being suggested by a pirate.

  8. #48
    Prowler Miles's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2007
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Avatar
    Stanley Miles Stardust
    Society
    Al-Nahar Wanderers
    Posts
    1,208
    Blog Entries
    92
    Images
    362
    Quote Originally Posted by Naomi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    On planets we can choose whether to engage in pvp or not

    Space being full pvp as it is right now, is on the borderline of legality.
    There HAS to be a way to get safely from 1 planet to another, simple as that.

    If you want to fight other spacecraft, be my guest, in a pvp zone.
    However, if you want to steal others stuff, go live among the Somalian pirates or something.


    edit: my apologies, I don't want to offend anyone. But it is the truth imo.

    You are not at risk in space - only the lootable stuff you chose to bring with you is.

    From the beginning, it was always that your avatar would be able to travel to other planets, with all of your skills and your ped card. Items could travel, but not all items would be usable universally. There was never anything about taking mats anywhere you want, and what ever you think of him, ND's big splash about Space Pirates was right on the money - he knew years in advance and told us all.

    There is a degree to which you are 'trapped' on your planet of origin - intentionally - but Space is an extension of the whatever game-world you are playing - and moving from game-world to game-world was never meant to be frictionless - quite the opposite. That's whole effing point of separate planets.

    Traveling between game-worlds is an advanced level of play for avatars ready to move beyond their home planet, and comes with advanced challenges (and opportunities) for those that chose to participate - no one has to go to space any more than they have to participate in Mayhem, or take on the Enigma challenge - it's all optional.

    Space is lootable-pvp, it is meant to be, and it will remains so. Grow up or stay 'home'; like your planet partner wants you to.

    Peace, Miles
    "The greatest shortcoming of the human race is our inability to understand the exponential function.
    Albert Bartlett

  9. #49
    Elite Naomi's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Arkadia
    Avatar
    Naomi
    Society
    Freegunner
    Posts
    3,423
    Images
    40
    People do their best to hunt or mine, in any possible place. They invest, spend peds, get items/stackables and need to be able to sell their loot in Calypso, since the caly auction is where 90% of the items are sold.

    It is irrational that hunters and miners who travel from planet to planet, are at risk with almost ALL of their stackables, which are often thousands of peds, while the 'pirate' has no risk whatsoever. Today, if you should down your attacker, you get nothing, if he shoots you, he gets all your goods.

    Robbing people in space is pretty cheap if you ask me. It requires no skills, no investment, no gear except an equipped quad.

    Imagine, when at space, you would be at risk for 10ped, being an entry fee, for BOTH the pirate and the traveller, then the stakes are even. When you shoot down your attacker, he would actually have a cost!

    Safe space travel is a NECESSITY for multi-planet activity.


    No Livestream at the moment:
    Click to go to the twitch.tv/openair247 Livestream

  10. 06-07-2018, 16:08
    Reason
    2.2 - Insults/Flaming, 2.7 - Profanity

  11. #50
    Dominant
    Joined
    Feb 2007
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Avatar
    Boo Who You
    Society
    Freelancer
    Posts
    449
    Images
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by xxPriestxx View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    So what am I talking about? I'm strongly suggesting that "correcting" the logout exploit will stimulate the economy, auto-correct markup issues in several domains, and add more depth to the game than is currently available. Why?

    If this happens, all of a sudden all of the fleets and space transport services (and their passengers) will have to think differently about things. Realistically, they would have to hire protection. Meaning, they will have to charge more (and already should be actually... but that's another point). Meaning, moving things becomes more expensive for everyone and exponentially riskier. Meaning, when I go to sell my goods on another planet, I have to charge more than I do currently. I can also sweeten the deal and almost set the price if I'm one of the few moving alternative ingots to caly for example. Also, not everyone who is moving stuff today will continue to do it.

    This means traders can charge and pay more, and it also means your average joe hunting or mining can sell their small stacks for more MU because of the few who are moving it in space in large quantities.

    This opens up "jobs" in space, even more than today and adds the possibility of an actual universe where different activities on different planets actually matter and become possible.
    Respectfully, I disagree...I think limiting the ability for people to safely transport items between planet to planet will crush other plants even more than they already are.

    For the most part, caly generates enough crafting supplies and what not to supply the game and with the exception of a few planet specific items/blueprints.

    Not to mention, (with the exception of a few items) a large majority of enmatters, ores and oils have such a low MV that the added expenses required to transport items between planets would not be worth it. The time, coordination, money...o yeah and trust that would be required is crazy.

    I can see all the scams now of people providing a "protection" service to individuals. Take individuals into space and then turn around and kill them.

    At the end of the day, restricting safe flights will not increase the MV of items, it will only further negatively impact PP and their plants.

    imo, before we start looking at changing how safe flights work at the moment we should.
    1) Have BPs that use resources and not shit from the TT
    2) Why on earth do we have 128937128937 different types of enmatter and ore and continue to add more? Why not just make the ones that drop useful again and not flood the market.
    3) Simply just fix space lol

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 15 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Planet Calypso on Twitter  Follow Planet Calypso on Facebook