Summer Mayhem progression paused

Herode

Old
My mission "Summer Mayhem" defeat Mulmuns to gather point show after 1 hour 27 "Progression paused" instead of my points ! What is it ?

Last edited:
My mission "Summer Mayhem" defeat Mulmuns to gather point show after 1 hour 27 "Progression paused" instead of my points ! What is it ?

Did this for as well. I sent a support case about it. Meantime, run up to the pile of skulls and click it - that activates the timer again (first time I ran out and re-entered, lost lots of time and points doing that).

EXPLOIT ALLERT!!!
tested... :
At one point the counter stops, but not the counter for the Ascendent Spawn (that seems to spawn exactly every 30 minutes)...this means you have an advantage of killing 3 Ascendents instead of 2 in 1 hour, so 250 points+ every hour.

EXPLOIT ALLERT!!!
tested... :
At one point the counter stops, but not the counter for the Ascendent Spawn (that seems to spawn exactly every 30 minutes)...this means you have an advantage of killing 3 Ascendents instead of 2 in 1 hour, so 250 points+ every hour.

It stopped counting points as well for me. It didn't stop for you?

ya, this will work as an exploit for sure. if someone finds out how to stop timer in instance, he can kill a boss mob each half hour, but let the timer run only during that kills... happened to me too today, and i have reported that...

Yea.....fix this now. Revert all points of users who have multiple boss rewards with timers that don't allow for that amount of boss kills in the given time.

Obviously released without any testing as per usual, same issue here..

giphy.gif

Stop getting ahead of yourself people!
It stops counting points as well as the timer stops.

Points? Stops counting? After 1h the only status I have seen in "Progression Paused" and timer on 19.57 h

The point people are making is that you can also just wait for the ascended mulmun to spawn the restart the timer, essentially saving yourself a bunch of time to get to a boss.

The point people are making is that you can also just wait for the ascended mulmun to spawn the restart the timer, essentially saving yourself a bunch of time to get to a boss.

Can't wait until mind ark disqualifies anyone who does this repeatedly without warning, followed by the rage of those who get DQ'd because of it :laugh: :laugh:

Did another hour and could see the timer stop after 20min.
Are you saying this is working as intended? If so I obviously don't get it..

Edit: Reading the client loader info again, it is not working as advertised.

Summer Mayhem bugged and calling for exploiters, ma striked again!

Everyone that started Summer mayhem noticed than most of the time u enter a new instance, your timer is pausing randomly after a few minutes, without a reason.
For sure u can start it back by clicking the skulls, but if you are not an honest player, there is what you can do:

You can predamage all the mobs, wait for the boss that will spawn after 30 minutes even if your timer is paused (i verified it) and then restart ur timer, loot all your mobs and then kill the boss and get a free 250 points.. u exit instance and restart that, and congratz, u won the event!

;( always something.. Please MA let actual players bug test ahead of these events!

Thank you for opening yet another thread for this.

Now, while numerous ppl have already sent in supp cases and we wait for some kind of statement or even solution by MA... why not pick up a nice grammar and revisit verb forms like strike/struck, wear/worn, and the like...

images

Last edited:
it looks like a bug and it can be, and is being exploited.

Will MA have the straightforwardness to handle this? or will they just leave it how it is.

Just copy/paste my support case if you want to have some results for once...

Dear MindArk Support Representative,

I have recognized what I believe to be a bug or exploit within the Summer Event. I want to bring to your attention the fact that this bug could be used "strategically" during the event as well. When hunting during the instance, the timer randomly pauses during the first 1 hour. This causes the ability to abuse/exploit the event by doing 1 of the 2 following:

1) You can wait until the Boss monster spawns and then restart the timer. This allows you to let the timer run for the instance but not your event. Thereby allowing you to kill a boss more often than each 30 minutes. A player can simply wait 20 minutes then click the pile of skulls and then kill the boss for the 250 points. This seems like an unfair advantage but some people could accidentally do this too.

2) You can also wait to start the timer until you've either predamaged or killed 30 mobs (without a lootpill active) then click the pile of skulls, and then loot the mobs for points.

Please keep in mind that many players can have the timer pause and not even notice it. I'm not sure what the best course of action is to correct this issue. Some players have likely already used the pause to their advantage, some players have likely used the pause on accident, some may use it sparingly to gain a small advantage which may seem trivial but gain enough advantage for a much larger prize. Are these strategies I should be using or bugs/exploits as I suspect?

Thanks

Thank you for opening yet another thread for this.

Now, while numerous ppl have already sent in supp cases and we wait for some kind of statement or even solution by MA... why not pick up a nice grammar and revisit verb forms like strike/struck, wear/worn, and the like...

exactly.

Please put up the event in a 'open test phase' for everyone, and award 100ped or more for first-reported bugs.
MA doesn't even have to do their job, we'll help !

But pls don't put up events last-minute. This leads to abuse, bugs, and discontent in EU time after time after time.

Dear MindArk Support Representative,

I have recognized what I believe to be a bug or exploit within the Summer Event. I want to bring to your attention the fact that this bug could be used "strategically" during the event as well. When hunting during the instance, the timer randomly pauses during the first 1 hour. This causes the ability to abuse/exploit the event by doing 1 of the 2 following:

1) You can wait until the Boss monster spawns and then restart the timer. This allows you to let the timer run for the instance but not your event. Thereby allowing you to kill a boss more often than each 30 minutes. A player can simply wait 20 minutes then click the pile of skulls and then kill the boss for the 250 points. This seems like an unfair advantage but some people could accidentally do this too.

2) You can also wait to start the timer until you've either predamaged or killed 30 mobs (without a lootpill active) then click the pile of skulls, and then loot the mobs for points.

Please keep in mind that many players can have the timer pause and not even notice it. I'm not sure what the best course of action is to correct this issue. Some players have likely already used the pause to their advantage, some players have likely used the pause on accident, some may use it sparingly to gain a small advantage which may seem trivial but gain enough advantage for a much larger prize. Are these strategies I should be using or bugs/exploits as I suspect?

Thanks

I do appreciate the copy paste material.I am lazy to write new ones and I finished all my vocabulary to tell how incompetent they are in each and every single support case.

At this point its just funny to watch, MA consistently puts out crap events. I don't even know how they keep employees to be honest...unless they just hire off the street, and then things would make a whole lot of sense.

I stopped caring awhile ago....they are idiots. And that probably is offensive to actual idiots. I do think they should get some kind of award though, the sheer amount of crap they have fudged over the years is mind blowing....and worst part, they never seem to learn from a single mistake, or seem to be able to think proactively at all for these events.

But, I can always remind them to sell the game we love to a company that is capable of the task.

Thanks

as i entered the first time same thing happend to me, i did not notice that timer was paused, so i did shoot 7 minutes when timer was paused :rolleyes:

i know where the bug...it's in MAs dev kit along with the crypto miner thats using up all the server resources

Ffs

Ok, so logged into cat 7 this morning for 40 minutes. Noticed that I was not getting points when didnt get 250 for boss but timer still counting down. Exited instance and timer still counting down. So re-logged and was sorted. Did get message that cat 7 mission had been updated about 5 minutes in but checked whether progression had paused and it had not so assumed everything was fine.

When I went back in only practice available in event list.

Looks like they are messing around with timer bug but did not warn to exit instance and have now cost me 40 minutes for event plus cost of the L gun, armor, amp and pills, ammo.

Its hard enough trying to compete with L stuff and this has really pissed me off (came 3rd in cat 7 last time and was trying hard to place again).

I have raised a support case.

also this happens:

Summer Mayhem timer starts to run when enter in Feffoid Cave (Get the Crystals (Daily) from Port Atlantis NPC Ms. Leyana.
after exist from feffoid cave this timer for summer mayhem continue to run. had to relog.
now after relog the timer is completely gone.
also points for the summer mayhem is gone only summer mayhem daily: stage 04 and the progress red thingy is left.
cannot be found timer and points from mission log.
also from event list is gone all categories for summer mayhem annihilation (solo modes).
only these practice annihilation exists. and battle simulator.

cannot now test or see what happens when enter on Argonaut instance (daily)
or cyclops depths or neomex cave..sabacuma..bristlehog..or the one where is tsktsk,sonic squid,snarg,oculus,pupugi...
how about crystal palace aurli brood?

or..any other instance in any planet...

Last edited:
Back