Summer Mayhem Postponed Due To Technical Issues

Status
Nah they wouldn´t discover it there.
I joined the event ~10 minutes after it started. I had no issues there and did close to 2 hours before RL forced me to leave. Later in the evening I discovered that bug for the first time.

I am not sure if this issue would even arrise, if lets say 5 ppl would test it semultanly before event started.
Not to mention, issues can arise in production environments that are nowhere to be seen in testing environments.

I understand people are upset and that makes sense. But sometimes testing doesn't catch these things. I'm going to guess that is the case here.

Anyway for once they took good decision to cancel event unstead of saying "exploiters will be punished" and do nothing as it happened in the past.

There they go :grouphug:

We have a saying here in the Netherlands, maybe someone knows the English version for it?
"Een ezel stoot zich geen twee keer aan dezelfde steen."​

Google translate:
A donkey does not hit the same stone twice :lolup:

Should have left it and banned every account who killed over 40 bosses and took care of the people portion of the problem ;)

So , Gratz MA for taking this decision , I still didn’t entered the MAyhem for lack of time , but I see that this time , because the risks of exploiting and the risk that after the event will be 553738 complains, MA made a decision and stoped the event. Lots of you asked this also in the Easter event , didn’t happened but now yes! Hey wtf stop asking for compensations and stuff like this . Nobody deserve any compensation , all you deserve it’s a fair for all competition. And MA it’s trying to do it.

I you really think that you lost a fortune in those 12hsince the mayhem is on , and you really want a compensation contact me ingame ad I’ll give you some.but please spare the forum space with your BS.

Why not run the live event for one day during the week before? Clearly tell users in advance that it is a shakedown run and all timers / points will be reset after 24 hours.

This is just a slight extension to the way the Practice levels were available early this year (which I am loving by the way. Hats off to MA)

That way plenty of public spirited players would be happy to test the mechanics without using any of their high MU gear / pills etc.

I only noticed that my timer was paused about 30 minutes into my second visit when I didn't get points for a boss mob. Reported it about 3pm game time by which point i think MA had several notifications about the issue.

If only MA could reset it to a point when i was in a much lower category........ :laugh:

Ff

Should have left it and banned every account who killed over 40 bosses and took care of the people portion of the problem ;)

Except that innocent people would all be banned. You could do this without trying to cheat.

Summer Mayhem has been postponed due to technical issues.

The team is working on resolving these issues. The event will be restarted as soon as possible once the issues are fixed.

Due to this all scores and progress will be reset.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

Originally Posted Here

Does it also mean “practice instance” too ?

Security of information has always been an issues in a game like Entropia. Just like insider trading can give people an insider advantage in real life, having live players test instances like this relies on the testers to be honest and always behave in a morally good manner. So this is not an easy problem to solve for a relatively small/niche company like MA.

The solution guys, is clearly to play more so MA make more moneys so they can hire an in house bug test crew. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Good work MA for doing this fast action!

Good work MA for doing this fast action!
Any ideas about when the summer mayhem is up for competition again?

In the meantime I can open those hundreds summer boxes I looted in the practice lol.
:laugh:

What about people who are very close to classing out of their category, and the reset will make it so they cannot do over 20 hours of mayhem and you're forcing them to?

I'm cutting it close, getting 3% sniper hit per hour. Currently at lv84, 12%. Had I done more than 2 hours, I'd be totally screwed, now I just have to be even more careful.

I also looted some big bonus points in those 2 hours...... -.-

Also what about people who saved uber tir L weapons for this? Gone. Always great to shoot items which could have sold for 500% MU for shrapnel farming!

Stop whining and figure it out!
Play to win.
XOXO

Stop whining and figure it out!
Play to win.
XOXO

Ah yes, figure it out. Why didn't I account for the 'Bug buffer', I forgot that for all events on day 1 you should compete with the worst possible items and no buffs, because it will always be reset.

And for those who chipped down? Make sure to chip out an extra 500 ped to account for this.

now im going to reveal a business secret the rest of the world successfully hid from MA for decades.

MA, this link will shake your world to the very foundations:

Principles of Quality Management

So , Gratz MA for taking this decision , I still didn’t entered the MAyhem for lack of time , but I see that this time , because the risks of exploiting and the risk that after the event will be 553738 complains, MA made a decision and stoped the event. Lots of you asked this also in the Easter event , didn’t happened but now yes! Hey wtf stop asking for compensations and stuff like this . Nobody deserve any compensation , all you deserve it’s a fair for all competition. And MA it’s trying to do it.

I you really think that you lost a fortune in those 12hsince the mayhem is on , and you really want a compensation contact me ingame ad I’ll give you some.but please spare the forum space with your BS.

I didn't lose a fortune, but please understand that I did spend a lot of time farming daily tokens and saving up easter eggs from the last event which are now GONE and not replaceable easilly. I am not upset about the PED. I am upset that I have no feasible way to re-prepare these items for the 5-6~ hours i lost.

If you don't think this is worth being upset over I don't know what to say :(

Add me in game and let me know when I can come grab my pills (2x of all 15mg mayhems) and 100 ped for the L wep I used. Not much so shouldn't be much for you to part with either.

Good move MA sad it has to be done tho :wise:
Luckely for me i am to poor to have started it yet :yay:

Add me in game and let me know when I can come grab my pills (2x of all 15mg mayhems) and 100 ped for the L wep I used. Not much so shouldn't be much for you to part with either.

This seems a fortune?

This seems a fortune?

It was clearly stated to not me much, and therefore, not much for you to part with - so I am taking you up on the offer. Accept it if you're offering or don't make false offers on a public forum trying to act big.

Compensation!?

Anyone asking for compensation, have taken too many pills and in need of a re-evaluation :rolleyes:. Seriously, compensation! :laugh: You guys have not even read the TOU :scratch2:. Bugs resulting in loss is permissable and something you have already agreed too people, wake the *uck up! Loot Testers 2.2 FTW :dunce:s.

This seems a fortune?

Well... For people like me that 200ped is 40% of our bankroll... Yep its :(.
But its ok... Thia was neccesary

Anyone asking for compensation, have taken too many pills and in need of a re-evaluation :rolleyes:. Seriously, compensation! :laugh: You guys have not even read the TOU :scratch2:. Bugs resulting in loss is permissable and something you have already agreed too people, wake the *uck up! Loot Testers 2.2 FTW :dunce:s.

Forgive me if you're being sarcastic but the only issue is that certain items such as weapons from the daily trader and special pills such as the easter egg are non-replaceable items I've used. Shit happens but I have the right to complain a bit right ;) :yay:

Forgive me if you're being sarcastic but the only issue is that certain items such as weapons from the daily trader and special pills such as the easter egg are non-replaceable items I've used. Shit happens but I have the right to complain a bit right ;) :yay:

Yes, it not the peds, its the easter eggs , L weapons, and other pills that are the issue.....

Don´t know if MA is saving mirrors.
If they do they could easyly reset to pre event, but that would mean everything that happend past that point when mirror has been created would be lost (for everyone!).

For me this would be a fair solution, although I would lose my profitable runs, I have had yesterday.

Don´t know if MA is saving mirrors.
If they do they could easyly reset to pre event, but that would mean everything that happend past that point when mirror has been created would be lost (for everyone!).

For me this would be a fair solution, although I would lose my profitable runs, I have had yesterday.

you call it fair to rather wanna reset all thousands of EU players because a few dozens are unhappy with mindark's event handling? that's prolly one of the most stupid suggestions i've ever read on PCF, sorry.

Obviously that is not fair. But for example some strong keys...:laugh::laugh:

Yes, it not the peds, its the easter eggs , L weapons, and other pills that are the issue.....

They're definetely part of the issue, but with unreplaceable items you can't argue that its "unfair" to some.players. I was just responding to those who thought otherwise and not downplaying the ped loss.

Let me guess... you didn’t do any solo mayhem? To lose several hours of accu/deva/hyperstim 15mg and other pills because MA couldn’t do ONE hour of testing before going live is pretty shitty and very unprofessional.
People have a right to complain, even if nothing gets done about it.

Status
Back