Summer Mayhem 2018 Update

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
As previously announced, several technical issues with the Summer Mayhem event timer have appeared. Those issues did not occur on the test servers, and only surfaced once released to the live servers with many simultaneous users.

The good news is that our dev team has already isolated the cause of the issues, and fixes will be implemented in a patch scheduled for Tuesday, June 12.

Assuming that all goes well with the patch, the Summer Mayhem 2018 event will be restarted with the following dates:

• Event Start: Tuesday, June 12, 14:00 UTC
  • Event End: Thursday, June 21, 14:00 UTC

To ensure fairness in the final results, all existing times and points achieved before the restart will be reset for all participants.

The Practice Annihilation instances will remain open in the meanwhile, offering the ability to loot Mayhem Tokens and Summer Strongboxes.

Thanks for your understanding and patience!

Originally Posted Here

Oh great! Practice is open to farm boxes and tokens!!!

Unless you're at risk for out-leveling your category, then you can just not play EU for the next 5 days.

Like me.

This is also great for people with jobs, since the event now only covers 1 weekend and not 2.

Last edited:
Good. Need one more box to match number of keys I bought last night.

P.s. please start selling keys in one vs 5 or put keys in loot in with the tokens.

Great. Now I just need the enhancers, the mayhem amp decay and pills you stole from me.
I don't even need the TT loss and my time back since that would have happend anyway.

so you fixed it but you are waiting until tuesday to implement it? makes sense.

It's well known that VUs come on tuesday because that's when the hamsters get fed. :)

Maybe make next weekend one of those Extra Skill Boost Events just as a tiny compensation/motivation for people to compete (again) since you fucked up (again).

But what do I know... :confused:

Reactions: jak
At least MA are responding to issues pretty quickly, much quicker than the Easter Mayhem debacle

Would it be a bad thing to put keys in the event prize NPC , how many M tokens would it take ?

Maybe make next weekend one of those Extra Skill Boost Events just as a tiny compensation/motivation for people to compete (again) since you fucked up (again).

But what do I know... :confused:

Please do not do this or it will cause people to out level their category. Skills are the least of anyones' concerns for this event issue.

They know people are burning peds and consumables in the event... But nonchalantly say that everyone is being reset... I'm just glad I don't play to win these silly events...

Please do not do this or it will cause people to out level their category. Skills are the least of anyones' concerns for this event issue.

Fair enough, then just put some skill pills in the loot pool and people use them only if they want to. I can't suggest looting the other pills because then people would complain that their MU crashed...

Or do nothing I guess, you guys complain a lot but you will go again head first into the event like always. MA knows that.

Or do nothing I guess, you guys complain a lot but you will go again head first into the event like always. MA knows that.

Thats the bottomline. We might have one of the most mature gaming community in the world but we also have some of the greediest ones too.

I am just happy that they responded quickly and did something about it, hopefully we will see some punishments for the people exploiting aswell.

It is unfortunate that some people lost consumables and decay on Limited items but I like that MA is finally making fast and decisive decisions about their events and I am happy about that.

Thats the bottomline. We might have one of the most mature gaming community in the world but we also have some of the greediest ones too.

I wasn't judging or anything, everyone is free to do whatever they want.

Hopefully people can still enjoy the event despite the technical problems.

anyone got to mayhem daily stage 10 yet?! (I certainly hope there aren't more than 10)

also, anyone tried abandoning it yet?

anyone got to mayhem daily stage 10 yet?! (I certainly hope there aren't more than 10)

also, anyone tried abandoning it yet?

Stage 10 is max then it starts over at stage 1 :)

Assuming that all goes well with the patch, the Summer Mayhem 2018 event will be restarted

You know what happens when you assume MA...

Nice deadline.......6 hours past it by the way and people still getting points.

As previously announced, several technical issues with the Summer Mayhem event timer have appeared. Those issues did not occur on the test servers, and only surfaced once released to the live servers with many simultaneous users.

The good news is that our dev team has already isolated the cause of the issues, and fixes will be implemented in a patch scheduled for Tuesday, June 12.

Assuming that all goes well with the patch, the Summer Mayhem 2018 event will be restarted with the following dates:

• Event Start: Tuesday, June 12, 14:00 UTC
  • Event End: Thursday, June 21, 14:00 UTC

To ensure fairness in the final results, all existing times and points achieved before the restart will be reset for all participants.

The Practice Annihilation instances will remain open in the meanwhile, offering the ability to loot Mayhem Tokens and Summer Strongboxes.

Thanks for your understanding and patience!

Originally Posted Here

Would be nice if they knew where the edit post buttons were, soc mates and I counted 4 or 5 different posted times between the loader, and the various forum posts.

Would be nice if they knew where the edit post buttons were, soc mates and I counted 4 or 5 different posted times between the loader, and the various forum posts.

Yes, every post and website I encountered all stated the 21st as the end date. Thanks MA

Back