Information notice regarding the Summer Mayhem event

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
We have now applied the necessary server fixes to the Mayhem's instance timer and other issues causing our previous fix to be non-effective.
The event will start at 14:00 UTC and we've updated the Summer Mayhem event page: https://www.planetcalypso.com/events/summer-mayhem-2018/
We understand the frustration this situation has caused and we do apologize for the inconvenience to all participants who had made plans to participate from the original start date of the event.
We will continue to listen to your feedback as the Event proceeds.
Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

Originally Posted Here

"Event Start: Tuesday, June 13, 14:00 UTC"

Yeah I can see you are in a hurry. Hopefully you did not stress the fix so the event will need to restart a third time...

Last edited:
Plz Tell me that you guys tested it out first. Dont want to lose pills on only an hour again

Glad they fixed it so quickly this time and they aren't resetting it either it seems.

Hoping for this one. :rolleyes:

Well I broke my 3 isis lr32 cdf guns during the practise so competition is over for me already. :)

Just spent an hour in the practice instance after the update, same set-up, same killing rate as before... no boxes, no tokens, no output amplifier loot, no Ascended Mulmuns spawning.

:scratch2:

EDIT: Supp case submitted.

Last edited:
Just spent an hour in the practice instance after the update, same set-up, same killing rate as before... no boxes, no tokens, no output amplifier loot, no Ascendend Mulmuns spawning.

yup,half hour in and no tokens or outputs for me either,i did loot 2 boxes though

Glad they fixed it so quickly this time and they aren't resetting it either it seems.

Hoping for this one. :rolleyes:

Scores should probably be reset. Any person who competed yesterday and was in the instance for under 30 minutes when it was closed is now at a disadvatage to all new players. Their clocks now only allow for a max of 39 bosses. Even yesterday during the short time the event was up, the instance was still able to be exploited.

OK, place your bets!
How long will it last this time?

Just spent an hour in the practice instance after the update, same set-up, same killing rate as before... no boxes, no tokens, no output amplifier loot, no Ascendend Mulmuns spawning.

Hi Switch,

We are sorry that you feel frustrated at the moment, as you are an important member of the Entropia Universe community. We are constantly working on improving the Entropia Universe to make this unique virtual universe an enjoyable place for all and will make sure that your feedback, regarding this issue, is forwarded to the responsible team for their consideration.

Unfortunately we don't have any information about this at the current time to be able to provide you with a more satisfying reply but please stay tuned to the News and Release Notes sections on the website for further information and developments.

We thank you for your patience and participation and want to wish you a nice day.

Kind regards,
Jeff | Entropia Universe Support

Case closed.

Well, answer is obviously totally besides the point. :dunno:

Not being »frustrated,« just wanted to know whether observed changes to instance behaviour were intentional or bugs. Especially, since I did not get a boss mob spawned anymore.

would like to share that , i Looted OA , M Token , but no Boss and no summer boxes after 30mins per 15 kills in practice :(

I'm looting boxes.

Hi Switch,

We are sorry that you feel frustrated at the moment, as you are an important member of the Entropia Universe community. We are constantly working on improving the Entropia Universe to make this unique virtual universe an enjoyable place for all and will make sure that your feedback, regarding this issue, is forwarded to the responsible team for their consideration.

Unfortunately we don't have any information about this at the current time to be able to provide you with a more satisfying reply but please stay tuned to the News and Release Notes sections on the website for further information and developments.

We thank you for your patience and participation and want to wish you a nice day.

Kind regards,
Jeff | Entropia Universe Support

Case closed.

Well, answer is obviously totally besides the point. :dunno:

Not being »frustrated,« just wanted to know whether observed changes to instance behaviour were intentional or bugs. Especially, since I did not get a boss mob spawned anymore.

That's just the standard response. I got that exact same response when I submitted a case regarding the first summer mayhem issues....only difference in wording was the name it was addressed to.

would like to share that , i Looted OA , M Token , but no Boss and no summer boxes after 30mins per 15 kills in practice :(

Bolded the part you missed jhereg ;)

that is one mad statistics indeed

The spawn rate of the Mulmun Ascended was corrected in the recent update. This is an intended change.

The spawn rate of the Mulmun Ascended was corrected in the recent update. This is an intended change.

so you are saying that everyone who did the event before it got taken down again has a huge advantage because they could get a lot more ascended with safe 250 points than everyone else? well done.

so you are saying that everyone who did the event before it got taken down again has a huge advantage because they could get a lot more ascended with safe 250 points than everyone else? well done.

arent all the scores reset ...again?

Yes, but this way no one can complain about wasting buffs or L stuff, isn't that better? :rolleyes:

did they? havent seen them mentioning it. im at work right now so i cant check it

the scores were reset after the first time. So I guess it will be the same now. But could be wrong of course.

They changed the spawn rate of the mul boss that gives 250 points, which make this event a pure dps contest coz now the boss spawn is based on the number of kills, which gives bigger dps a double advantage (more mobs killed = more points and so more boss killed = more free points). i guess some people complains have been heard :wtg:

The scores will be reset again correct?

no, not this time. i was wrong.

be carefull if you do reset, because the ascendants come much later now, not after a fixed 30 mins.
So less 250 bonuses. So your current points might be better ;)

I did not understand the boss every 30 mins. if everyone shoots for 20hrs and boss always spawns every 30 mins, everyone gets the same 9750 pts. (20hrs * 2mobs per hr * 250pts)there is no gain or loss for anyone. rendering this completely pointless except for inflating scores.

I did not understand the boss every 30 mins. if everyone shoots for 20hrs and boss always spawns every 30 mins, everyone gets the same 9750 pts. (20hrs * 2mobs per hr * 250pts)there is no gain or loss for anyone. rendering this completely pointless except for inflating scores.

Yeah, now it makes sense :)

Here We Go Again

Not like me to reply in a 'musical' fashion. :tongue2:

Fingers crossed!

We have now applied the necessary server fixes to the Mayhem's instance timer and other issues causing our previous fix to be non-effective.
The event will start at 14:00 UTC and we've updated the Summer Mayhem event page: https://www.planetcalypso.com/events/summer-mayhem-2018/
We understand the frustration this situation has caused and we do apologize for the inconvenience to all participants who had made plans to participate from the original start date of the event.
We will continue to listen to your feedback as the Event proceeds.
Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

Originally Posted Here

Every year i get punished for being a space hunter - this year again i cant join the category that would match my planetside combat professions, but instead would have to join 2 categories higher cause of my space professions.
There is not much point competing if you have to hunt in a category where you are 20ish levels below limit in the professions you actually use.

Thank you for clarifying. :tiphat:

You were about to restart Summer Mayhem and did not announce any changes. Ppl will come forward to prevent another mess if something seems wrong.

Now. Did a complete practice instance, all 5 hours of it. Inbetween running around to single mobs out and not getting swarmed (which tends to be unhealthy), repairing, and taking a leak I managed about 65-70 kills per hour. Boss mob spawned once about halfway in, so probably 150 kills now needed for that. However, did not get a second Ascended Mulmun before the 5 hours were over. Looted one box from Ascended, got another one after 4 hours 55 mins. So, two boxes in 5 hours. Also looted five OA comps and a couple of tokens.

Not been frustrated before, definitely being frustrated now. Great changes, and not even announced. Whoa, wtg! :eyecrazy:

And what a brilliant way to persuade ppl to play EU during the upcoming weeks of World Cup football. :yay:

Last edited:
Thank you for clarifying. :tiphat:

You were about to restart Summer Mayhem and did not announce any changes. Ppl will come forward to prevent another mess if something seems wrong.

Now. Did a complete practice instance, all 5 hours of it. Inbetween running around to single mobs out and not getting swarmed (which tends to be unhealthy), repairing, and taking a leak I managed about 65-70 kills per hour. Boss mob spawned once about halfway in, so probably 150 kills now needed for that. However, did not get a second Ascended Mulmun before the 5 hours were over. Looted one box from Ascended, got another one after 4 hours 55 mins. So, two boxes in 5 hours. Also looted five OA comps and a couple of tokens.

Not been frustrated before, definitely being frustrated now. Great changes, and not even announced. Whoa, wtg!

And what a brilliant way to persuade ppl to play EU during the upcoming weeks of World Cup football. :yay:

After the release last week I really had my hopes up that I now also get improved loot. Running in practice instance since the very get-go. Was really quite good til Sunday mainly thanks to the boxes. Overall tt was close to break even for the first time since 2.0 lasting til Sunday morning.

Gone gradually to the dogs since. Today being complete robbery. TT returns rock bottom all day. Couldn't even get ammo back all day long. Never mind decay. Box drop rate cut by what? 2 or 3?

Yeah...Loving it...Thank fuck football starts tomorrow

Back