The A.E.G.S. Wormhole Transport

Miles

Prowler
Society
Al Nahar Wanderers
Stanley Miles Stardust
I posted this basic idea another thread, but it was lost in the conversation, so here is my solution to make everybody sort of happy. Please read it before telling me why it won't make you happy, too.

I love Space, and I hope the big update coming down the goat-path, or wherever, brings us all together. But hey, that's not likely, especially with the first whack-a-mole release.

I don't spend much time in Space right now - mostly as "smuggler" - transporting my own loot, or as an "itchy-fingered tourist" looking for bad ships, new areas, or maybe a bit of sport hunting.

I'd like to be a "solo hunter" - I've done quite a bit in the past, but there's just no loot. I enjoy the thrill of it, and still do it sometimes for the hell of it. (My bankroll is recovering from my last joyride.)

I also know that a whole bunch of people just don't like Space in general, and wish it would go away, or not be PVP - and nothing that happens with Space, now or in the future, that is likely to change that.

Opinion: One of the worst things MA did with Space was release new planets first, via TP. This had the immediate effect of making the first new planets seem like just another land area. Taking things away is never popular, so this precedent lingers on, sometimes as anger, or entitlement, with those who oppose PVP Space.

Assumption: The use of MS to transport loot while safely logged out will no longer be possible.

OK, here goes:
INTRODUCING THE A.E.G.S. WORMHOLE TRANSPORT
(Almost Everybody Gets Something, if you're curious)

Goal:
Increase hunting activity and overall game-play in Space by making other activities than Pirating viable for spacers, while providing a legitimate means of transport to other planets for space-haters, without breaking the rules of Space.

Rules:
Outbound Locations: 1 per planet, designed by PP to suit theme.

Cost: 52PED per trip

Elapsed Time: 15 minutes

Paid Transport Rule: Nothing that could be looted is Space is permitted

Free Transport rule: Nothing except PED card and player-bound Newbie gifts.​
(* The 2PED landing fee is mandatory - now fee is removed)

Landing Area: new arrivals zone on planet

Use of Funds: 50PED to Space mob bonus lootpool + 2PED for the landing fee no removed

Reasoning:
The fee must be higher than travel through Space - you are paying to avoid it, so it can't be a better deal.

The time must be at least as long as a trip via warp flight - again, you are paying to avoid it, so it can't be the fastest way.

Lootable inventory items must be banned - the is not a way to defeat Space, only to avoid it.​

OK, rip it up :D

Peace, Miles

Last edited:
~3 PED for sleipnir flight (RT > Caly)
52 PED for ûsing your system

i know how this is going to play out :)

~3 PED for sleipnir flight (RT > Caly)
52 PED for ûsing your system

i know how this is going to play out :)

Take the Slepnir then - I am not suggesting we remove current options, although the taxi pilot might be able to get a few more PED's from you.

Peace, Miles

Slow boat in quad takes about an hour or so...
Over 50 peds to cut that in a quarter time is way too much imho. If it was around 30 per and included some stackable itd be ok... planet partners should change some stuff to non stacks if something like this comes, especially alpha core cards. P.s. stacks as a word has whole new meaning after watching altered carbon.

Also as mentioned in another thread interplanetary warp dragon pets would be interesting... cnd already has the start of that idea to get to secret isle...

And... of course 'wormhole chips' (or any tp chip really for the right cost) should allow for interplanetary tp jumps...

I personally still like the idea in a few other suggestion threads that if you 'own' a part of any planet - i.e. have an estate there that you hold deed for in apartment, shop, LA, etc., (perhaps even massive quantity of other deeds - 20 CLD, 100 AUD, etc.) you should get a 'free' tp home once a week or once a month to allow you to maintain your estates easier than having to deal with space... and this 'one time trip every so often' should include stackables so that shops all over the place aren't the ghost towns that they appear to be as the situation is currently.

Last edited:
Slow boat in quad takes about an hour or so...
Over 50 peds to cut that in a quarter time is way too much imho. If it was around 30 per and included some stackable itd be ok... pps should change some stuff to non stacks if something like this comes, especially alpha core cards. P.s. stacks as a word has whole new meaning after watching altered carbon.

I put the price high on principle, and discussion around the price will be interesting, I hope. Thanks for supporting your price suggestion with the reasoning behind it.

I want to make sure MS and others will have room to set a range of prices based on their capabilities, which will become more important, without stripping Space services of passengers based on price alone.

Peace, Miles

15 minutes is waaaaaaaaaay too long, especially to carry nothing lootable. And 52 peds???

An Equus/Firebird (15-20 ped) can do it in under 2 minutes and is weight limited to 143kg between pilot/passenger, though weight limit can be increased with use of anti-grav boxes and main pirate risk is leaving planet SS. A good pilot can get away from a single pirate unless they also own an Equus/Firebird.

Privateers (25-30 ped VIP) have unlimited weight and take under 5 minutes unless pirates feel the need to toss peds into the pool, but you can only be taken to a SS to disembark, thus pay 7 ped or run risk of spawn camping pirates.

Motherships (30 ped VIP) also have unlimited weight and take under 5 minutes but can do what is called 'sphere docking' to allow people who want relatively small risk to fly down for 2 ped vice TP for 7 or run the spawn camping pirates. Since the big 3 motherships have well over 100k SI, not many pirates are willing to waste that many peds for so little potential gain.

The above estimates of prices/times do not take into account pickups.

While there are cheaper (10 ped scheduled warp) mothership warps, they do not operate at your leisure so for most are more of a hindrance than a help.

15 minutes is waaaaaaaaaay too long, especially to carry nothing lootable. And 52 peds???

An Equus/Firebird (15-20 ped) can do it in under 2 minutes and is weight limited to 143kg between pilot/passenger, though weight limit can be increased with use of anti-grav boxes and main pirate risk is leaving planet SS. A good pilot can get away from a single pirate unless they also own an Equus/Firebird.

Privateers (25-30 ped VIP) have unlimited weight and take under 5 minutes unless pirates feel the need to toss peds into the pool, but you can only be taken to a SS to disembark, thus pay 7 ped or run risk of spawn camping pirates.

Motherships (30 ped VIP) also have unlimited weight and take under 5 minutes but can do what is called 'sphere docking' to allow people who want relatively small risk to fly down for 2 ped vice TP for 7 or run the spawn camping pirates. Since the big 3 motherships have well over 100k SI, not many pirates are willing to waste that many peds for so little potential gain.

The above estimates of prices/times do not take into account pickups.

While there are cheaper (10 ped scheduled warp) mothership warps, they do not operate at your leisure so for most are more of a hindrance than a help.

Thanks for the input.

I did assume that arranging transport and boarding take time, and often p2p interaction. I wanted to leave room for services to raise prices for more security - the 100k+ SI ships should be worth more than less developed ships when that is how they actually protect their passengers and cargo.

If 40PED (plus landing fee) seems more inline with cost versus convenience, that would still be high enough to maintain the primacy of spaceflight, which is the intended way to move between planets. It would be a failure if it forced down the price of space travel.

Some time delay is needed to maintain the distance that means everyone can't arrive anywhere all at once - you know, the time part of space/time, and I think the wormhole experience should more than a simple avatar relocation.

Maybe it only takes 5 or 10 minutes, but you have to run though the twisty, trippy wormhole?

Peace, Miles

As much as some would say this idea sucks I have to give you a rep on this.

Edit: fyi this is how MA had space setup before space more or less where each planet had a set price some higher than others. If I'm right NI cost was 35~ ped?

Last edited:
It's an interesting idea. I kind of like your plan.

Where would this warp gate be located? In Space near SS or on the planet? :scratch2:

Where would this warp gate be located? In Space near SS or on the planet? :scratch2:

They would be in space since the old TPs stations are still there.

Since the whole point is to permit interplanetary travel without going to Space, the gates would be planet-side.

About the Wormhole, I can see it working like this:

Enter by removing prohibited items (handy storage nearby) and paying transport fee, then traveling for 5ish minutes to the Wormhole Nexus, where all of the wormholes meet, and with a revive if anything happens inside (say a log out or DC). From the nexus, one selects the wormhole tunnel to the correct planet for another 5ish minutes to the destination planet, where the landing fee must be paid before leaving the wormhole and appearing at new arrivals for the planet.

Peace, Miles

The spice must flow...

Since the whole point is to permit interplanetary travel without going to Space, the gates would be planet-side.

About the Wormhole, I can see it working like this:

Enter by removing prohibited items (handy storage nearby) and paying transport fee, then traveling for 5ish minutes to the Wormhole Nexus, where all of the wormholes meet, and with a revive if anything happens inside (say a log out or DC). From the nexus, one selects the wormhole tunnel to the correct planet for another 5ish minutes to the destination planet, where the landing fee must be paid before leaving the wormhole and appearing at new arrivals for the planet.

Peace, Miles

Since MA is ditching the landing fee, we can strike the bold text above. :)

Peace, Miles

Back